recreating ME tables and stored procedures

Hello:

Whenever a client is performing such tasks as voiding payables checks, he
will receive an error message saying somethng along the lines of "a
get/change" or "an open operation" on table 'ME......'" cannot find the table
or cannot find the stored procedure.

Now, thanks to the "More Info" button on these error messages, you get the
name of the table and stored procedure.  So, the short-term fix is to go into
the SQL Maintenance window and easily create the table and stored procedure.
Fortunately, these errors are just "nuisances" and are not preventing him
from actually accomplishing what he needs in Great Plains 8.0.

But, at some point, I want to once and for all go through all of the
databases and do some things to make sure that he no longer gets these pesky
errors.

True, I could just go into SQL Maintenance the next time that I am there
onsite and use SQL Maintenance to drop and create all of these "ME......'"
tables.  But, I really think that it is better to come up with some other
solution, as there may be tables and stored procedures missed if I just guess
with the use of SQL Maintenance.

So, here is what I am thinking about doing.  If anyone has any ideas or
pointers, please let me know.

Generally, any tables that begin with "ME" are Mekorma tables or are tables
of modules that Microsoft Business Solutions bought from Mekorma.

The client does not have Mekorma MICR, so that would mean that these must be
tables within the eBanking suite of products such as EFT or Electronic bank
Reconcile.

I was not there when the client first implemented Great Plains.  So, I do
not know if something was not uninstalled properly.  (Perhaps, the client at
one time had a Mekorma product and now does not.)

But, the client is registered for Electronic Funds Transfer for RM and
Electronic Bank Reconcile.  (He is not registered for Electronic Funds
Transfer for PM, even though he gets a lot of these errors when he voids
payables checks.)

The client does not use the EFT or Electronic Bank Reconcile products.  So,
maybe these errors are coming about because these products have either not
been installed or have not been installed properly.  Or, maybe they have been
installed on the server but not at his workstation (the controller's
workstation).

My plan is to go there and install these products on the server and
workstations.  That way, whatever ME tables or stored procedures that are
missing will be created.

Sound good?

Thanks!

childofthe1980s

connect tables
Is it possible to make Publisher 2003 continue a table onto the next page if too large for one? I know you can do this in Word, but don't seem able to find a way in Publisher. It would be good to be able to link tables together. On Tue, 3 Jan 2006 09:58:02 +0000, carljh wrote (in article <CD8D49D0-B49D-4B58-9B9E-FC7AC37ACBDC@microsoft.com>): > Is it possible to make Publisher 2003 continue a table onto the next page if > too large for one? I know you can do this in Word, but don't seem able to > find a way in Publisher. It would be good to be able to link table...

GP6.0 Tables
The BM00101 table is primarily used for BillOfMaterials. Is there a table similarly used for Kits? Thanks IV00104 is the Kit Master Table. Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant http://www.AccoladePublications.com btw....there is considerable information on tables and their relationships and how data moves through them in our book Information Flow and Posting. Check it out on our web site. "JDR" wrote: > The BM00101 table is primarily used for BillOfMaterials. Is there a table > similarly used for Kits? > > Thanks > > > ...

Vlookup cells in combination of two columns (both in the lookup value AND table array)
I am trying to match information in multiple columns (lookup value) to the same multiple columns in the table array. If the combinations don't match then I'd like the return to be #N/A. I think an example can better clarify what I'm trying to accomplish because I haven't a clue whether I can do it... On the lookup worksheet I have... A1 B1 12345 Closeout 12345 First Fill 22233 First Fill 22233 Closeout On table array worksheet I only have one entry. A1 B1 12345 Closeout 22233 F...

Recreate Chart of accounts
We created the chart of accounts for a new company and there are a few transactions went through and posted. Then later we designed to change the segments of the GL accounts. That means a new set of COA is needed. The transactions posted is not a concern for us and they can be reentered. But GP won't allow us to delete if posted transactions exist. Is there any way to delete the old set of COA? Thanks! In the same company you would need to purge the history and reconcile to clear the account summaries. Alternatively, you could create a new company and copy the setup to it, if there'...

import data from access table into a existing table
I need to map data from an existing access database into a existing staging database. The access database only has the data I need, so the mapping is not a one to one, The SQL table many more columns so I need to do some manual mapping. Is there a way to do this throiugh the import wizard or do I need to write some type of query to manual insert the data? Thanks in advance. -- Jay Message posted via SQLMonster.com http://www.sqlmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/sql-server/201005/1 ...

Pivot Table "stdev" summary
I have a pivot table which reports mean and standard deviation for my population (obtained as external data from SQL Server). Instead, I would prefer to be reporting the maximum and minimum values within 2 standard deviations of the mean. ie. mean = x standard deviation = o How do I get my pivot table to show x + 2o x - 2o ? Thanks, Kim. .. ---------------------------------------------------------- I have posted this question before. Somehow it ended up in the microsoft.public.exchange.misc newsgroup instead of microsoft.public.excel.misc ...

Need Inventory Tables
Hi, Where can I find a better reference for Inventory tables (field descriptions)? GP SDK does not seem to explain Inventory that clearly. Any guidance to the reference would be great. -- Regards, Vaidy For GP 9; in GP go to Tools > Resource Descriptions > Tables then hit the elipsis icon (box with 3 dots). Select Microsoft Dynamics GP as the Product and Inventory as the series. You'll then see a list of all inventory tables and from there can get details on each. Don't know if the navigation is the same for GP 10 but it should be similar. Accolade Pulications also ...

Table Import no longer shows tables
In GP 10, if you go to any screen and then try to go to Table Import, it just goes to Table Import and it no longers shows the tables that are being access by the form. Is there anyway to get this feature back? Hi Rich Table Import does still work as before. The difference now is the new security model is pessimistic. Unless the user you have been using has been granted access to the tables, or is a POWERUSER, you will not see the tables. Hope this helps. David Musgrave [MSFT] Escalation Engineer - Microsoft Dynamics GP Microsoft Dynamics Support - Asia Pacific Microsoft Dynamics (f...

Pivot Table
I have a Pivot Table based on data that gets imported. The number of rows in the Pivot Data varies depending on the underying data. Below the Pivot Table are some calculations and then a couple more Pivot Tables. I'm building a Profit & Loss report and each Pivot table summarises the relevant report sections (e.g. Sales Pivot Table, Cost of Sales Pivot Table). The problem is, when the pivot table refreshes, it can overwrite formulas and tables below it if the table increases in rows. Any ideas/suggestions please to prevent this. Thanks T Hunt I don't know if you can preven...

Export Word table to Excel
I created a table in Word 2002 which I now want to export to Excel 2002. I want to keep the cells of the table intact in Excel so I can sort the table. How can I accomplish this? You can copy the table by the copy and paste method. Hold down Alt, double click on any cell in Word to select the entire table, then hit Ctrl C to copy. Open a new Excel workbook or sheet tab in an existing workbook; click on cell A1 and hit Ctrl V to copy. Save your work before proceeding. You may have to do some reformatting, and may have to rework any formulas that appeared in the Word table. You will also h...

Add New Contact > More Actions > Sharing...
I add a new contact. Then I share the contact with a team using More Actions > Sharing > Read, Write, Delete, Append... Which database table is this information stored in? Thank you. ...

When will HQ send store information to store?
Hi, We have installed HQ with 3 stores. Two shoes stores, and another one is shirt store and it will not see shoes products. We have run this for a while. Now we want to clear everything in 1st shoe shop because we found some problem with item information. So we try to delete database at 1st shoe shop and then restore database from store blank database. After that we send 101 and 203-205 206 worksheet and then 401, we found that this shop cannot see other shop, because HQ didnot send store information. We would like to know how HQ detect and decide to send or not send all ot...

Copy Website Tables into Excel 2007 Spreadsheets
I work in a government office. Our computers are imaged to provide certain software and none other for office use. The task described in the Subject caption above is found within blogs.howtogeek.com/ mysticgeek/ ... and the instructions start with "Open Excel 2007 and under the Data tab select Get External Data and From Web." Problem: our image of Excel 2007 doesn't have these selections under the Data tab. What we have is Excel Data Connections Properties Edit Links Presumably there is an alternate way of accomplishing my task. Can someone clue me? T...

How do I Recreate Schedule+ Free Busy public folder
Had 2 Exchange 5.5 servers. Was in the process of a migration. The first, primary, Exchange server crashed. Having problems restoring databases. New server works fine, but continually receive Unable to update public free/busy data. The contents of this public folder are currently unavailable. The Schedule+ Free Busy public folder was not replicated to the new server. Is there a way to create it on the new server since the first, primary, server is unavailable. Thanks ...

Reconcile Table
Hello All, I am trying to find out what the RECONUM field is in the CM20200 table. I looked everywhere and can not find out what the numbers actually mean. I did notice that when you select the checkbox in the Reconcile screen it makes that Field 135 not sure if that is the standard everytime it is selected or not. TIA ...

Importing nested tables from HTML to Excel

Inserting calculated fields in Pivot Table
I am working in pivot tables and created the table below The market share is created by calculating the % of column on the unit volume. I am trying to insert another column all the way to right to calulate the change in market share. When I tried to insert field, but the market share fields (which are calculated) do not show up in order to create a formula. I tried to do it as a calculated item but the insert item is grayed out and it won't let me execute. Any ideas Sales Mkt Shr Sales Mkt Shr Mkt shr Ch BAYLINER 547 7.5% 685 9.8% CARVER 1...

How To Add Rows and Cells in The Table Using IHTMLTable
Hello Everyone, I am currently working on the DHTML Dialog Based Application. I have been stucked due to a problem, which is that my HTML Page contains a HTML Table element and a button, i want my application to add rows and cells on the click event of that button. I have captured the event of the button but i am unable to add rows and cells in the table. Can anyone tell me how to acheive that by using the IHTMLTable interface. Thanks in advance. From, Ghazanfar Ali. "Ghazanfar Ali" <ghazanfarali17@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:uMq8CiCjFHA.1416@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gb...

How to analyze data and output it in table form?
I am a beginner in MS Access and would like to try some data analysis. I have a database like this: http://hk.geocities.com/butterflycharles/access.jpg And I would like to analyze the data and output a table like this: http://hk.geocities.com/butterflycharles/academicprofile.jpg Please let me know what I should use(e.g. query, functions, reports, etc.). If possible, please let me know the corresponding tutorials so that I can understand what's going on. I wonder if crosstab query is the answer. Thank you!!! ...

recreate a window
a CComboBox and CQControl derived control shall recreate itself, if the styles given in resource not match the style required for toe control (here: CBS_OWNERDRAWFIXED must be set). As CComboBox is unable to correctly modify this style with ModifyStyle(), the recreation is called and works. ____________________________________________ //----------------------------------------------------------------------- // recreate the underlying hwnd to match required styles bool CQControl::QRecreateWindow(DWORD dwStyle, DWORD dwStyleEx) { CWnd* pWnd = CWnd::FromHandlePermanent(m_hwnd); ASSERT(pWnd != ...

Two table in one query
Hi All, I have 2 tables and unit them in a query but no join them. Why I can't update the records inside the query/form? Is that impossible to update the records in this condition?. Thank's all New_Access wrote: > Hi All, > I have 2 tables and unit them in a query but no join them. > Why I can't update the records inside the query/form? > Is that impossible to update the records in this condition?. > > Thank's all No. Many multi-table queries produce read only results. This varies depending on the number of tables, number and type of joins, and which f...

Flagging
I did something stupid and now I am in the soup. My boss's boss called me while he was traveling on business to check his e-mail messages because his assistant was out to lunch. When I opened his mailbox he had literaly 15 of those pesky flagged message pop-up reminders. I dismissed them because I find them annoying and wanted to get to his messages. It turns out those pesky reminders are a valuable mnemonic device for him. How do I restore the active pop-up messages without changing the original due date? He wants the original action date to remain. When I try to put in b...

filter pivot table
How do I filter out the items that say NO CASH in the source spreadsheet basically those fields are Blank. In the table properties for now I have the box checked IF EMPTY put in NO CASH. I would like the items that are blank or NO CASH just not to appear in the table. Can this be automatic each time I go into this pivot table? Basically the source spreadsheet is updated everyday. MONTH 6 Sum of RECEIVED DAYS Account RECEIVED FROM Total 6/1/2004 1074 Loan Payment $203,544.08 1080 G.Homes $200,000.00 1091 1st - CL $1,500.00 B&C - CL $3,...

Pivota table and excel session
Hi, when a select some values from the drop down menu of a pivot table field, additional excel session is created. how to avoid that? why does it occur? URGENT. -Jaya If you double-click on a value in a pivot table Excel does a drill-down which means it opens another worksheet showing the values that make up the value that was double- clicked. If you want to avoid this just don't double-click the pivot table value. >-----Original Message----- >Hi, > > when a select some values from the drop down menu of a >pivot table field, additional excel session is cre...

Any way to perserve Pivot Table formatting
At least the borders? We have a pivot table that has many columns of data (18 months) and it is very useful to have an underline or row shading to help follow across this large table. We can set the borders and it works OK, but as soon as the data is updated, the format is removed. Even as simple as selecting one of the categories from the drop down clears the formatting. This doesn't seem right. What are we doing wrong? Should the formatting be set immediately after creating the table? Or is there some trick to this? Tried to pick a report style, but picking one seemed change the table...