Recreate Chart of accounts

We created the chart of accounts for a new company and there are a few
transactions went through and posted.
Then later we designed to change the segments of the GL accounts.
That means a new set of COA is needed.
The transactions posted is not a concern for us and they can be reentered.
But GP won't allow us to delete if posted transactions exist.
Is there any way to delete the old set of COA?
Thanks!
0
KK (50)

In the same company you would need to purge the history and reconcile to
clear the account summaries. Alternatively, you could create a new company
and copy the setup to it, if there's much to copy.

"Kk" wrote:

> We created the chart of accounts for a new company and there are a few
> transactions went through and posted.
> Then later we designed to change the segments of the GL accounts.
> That means a new set of COA is needed.
> The transactions posted is not a concern for us and they can be reentered.
> But GP won't allow us to delete if posted transactions exist.
> Is there any way to delete the old set of COA?
> Thanks!
0
CharlesAllen (483)

Black and white charts
Hi, I run ms money 2005 as a user who does not have admin rights on a server 2003 PC, and it shows the pie charts in black and white. If I run the program as an administrator, the colors show up fine. Any idea what's going on, and how I might fix this? Thanks, -Ravi ...

excel 2007 edit chart titles #2
Just switched from Excel 2003 to 2007. Difficulty in editing chart titles. Rather than work like any other edit block, I only seem to be able to change one character at a time, and then only after an undo (otherwise only the new character shows up). It has the feel of some setting that needs a adjustment, but I can't find anyplace to play with chart editing options. Any ideas would be appreciated. ...

how do i draw a chart with excel
Iwanto draw a bar chart with excel Highlight the data that the chart will be based on then click Insert on the menu then Chart, choose bar chart from the chart type and follow the instructions. "bkhojolita" wrote: > Iwanto draw a bar chart with excel ...

Quadrant Chart Sample
Does anyone have a sample quadrant chart already setup in MS-Excel. I'm needing to plot a series of values, think of a traditional X-Y scatter plot, except the values will need to have a backdrop against the (4) quadrants as a visual. Hi, Here and explanation. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ColoredQuadrantBackground.html Cheers Andy testspecmed@hotmail.com wrote: > Does anyone have a sample quadrant chart already setup in MS-Excel. > > I'm needing to plot a series of values, think of a traditional X-Y > scatter plot, > except the values will need to have a ba...

Chart Total
I have a chart that has 10 colums. In Column 4 it lists account numbers. In column 8 it lists the dollar amount. The account numbers (in column 4) are listed more than once. I want to excel to look for the account number and then add up all the dollar amounts in colum 10 that have that account number in colum 4. Does that make sense? Would this be a v-look up? Put an account number in cell M1, then in N1 put this formula: =SUMIF(D$1:D$100,M1,J$1:J$100) This assumes you have 100 rows of data - adjust to suit. If you put other account numbers in M2 downwards, then just copy the fo...

Change font in multiple charts and graphs
Hi, is there a macro or other global solution that will save me from changing the font for every element in an excel spreadsheet with 75+ charts and graphs? I'd like to retain all other formatting. Thanks in advance! ...

Excel Hyperlink on Chart
Hello, Is there a way to "drill down" to data from an Excel chart? For example, select the series and have it hyerlinked to a table containing the data? Thanks. Bill Hi AFAIK not possible (or at least not without a huge amount of vBA code) >-----Original Message----- >Hello, >Is there a way to "drill down" to data from an Excel chart? For example, >select the series and have it hyerlinked to a table containing the data? > >Thanks. > >Bill > > >. > ...

How to increase chart area without affecting plot area?
How can I increase the chart area without increasing or reshaping the plot area itself? Forgive me if my terminology is wrong and confusing. By "chart area", I mean the white area around the plot area. By "plot area", I mean the area between the X and Y axes. My list of series is so large that it is clipped by the current chart area. When I drag the chart area handles, that also resizes the plot area. I want to avoid that. Hi, As far as I know the plot area is sized relatively to the chart area. If you increase the chart area the plot area will also grow. The only ...

Gannt, Tracking chart
How to set the standard views like Gannt chart, Tracking view, Task usage etc..so that it will be usable in all files... Read about global.mpt in Help. Access via the Menu: Tools/Organize where you can copy fields, calendar, forms, views, groups, toolbars, tables, reports, maps, filters, and modules between files and global.mpt. Put the views et. al. that you want available to all files opening with that global.mpt to make them available. I recommend you not mess with the standard views in global.mpt, but use your own views named with your own nomenclature. --rms ww...

pasting excel charts into a ppt template using vba code
Hi- I have a process i am trying to automate using VBA. I have a workbook in excel with numerous worksheets. What I need to do is paste them into a template powerpoint presentation. There is one blank slide in the template, so i would also need to write in vba for a new slide to be created for each worksheet. another tricky thing is that 2 worksheets correspond to 1 slide. So worksheets with an 'a' extension in the name go on the left, worksheets with a 'b' extension go on the left. i am a little new at using vba across application, so any advice would be appreciated. T...

Cumulative chart #2
Hello Could help me create a cumulative chart from the Data below. This is from a piviot table hence cant create a new table just for the chart. I need months on the X-Axis and need cummulative lines for A/G/H/I Any help would be appriciated. regards Suri Year Month A G H I 2008 1 1 1 3 2 2 6 14 6 3 3 12 18 6 4 4 32 32 8 5 5 10 35 5 6 6 66 24 7 7 42 21 7 8 72 32 8 9 27 117 18 10 90 40 20 11 11 121 88 11 12 96 60 36 2009 1 12 8 7 2 22 12 4 3 15 12 9 4 12 16 28 5 10 40 20 10 6 12 42 30 24 7 21 56 35 42 8 16 104 32 16 9 9 126 36 27 10 10 70 50 11 209 88 33 1...

Save chart as .BMP instead of .GIF?
Can this be modified to save a .BMP instead of .GIF? Sub Save_ChartAsGif() Dim oCht As Chart Set oCht = ActiveChart 'ActiveSheet.Name On erRROR GoTo Err_Chart oCht.Export FileName:="D:\My Documents\_wip\Pic_" & ActiveSheet.Name & ".gif", Filtername:="gif" 'oCht.Export FileName:="C:\PopularICON.jpg", Filtername:="JPG" Err_Chart: If Err <> 0 Then Debug.Print Err.Description Err.Clear End If End Sub Hi, If you have xl2007 then .bmp is supported. Here is some more information about graphics filters. http://office.microsoft...

Recreate Chart of accounts
We created the chart of accounts for a new company and there are a few transactions went through and posted. Then later we designed to change the segments of the GL accounts. That means a new set of COA is needed. The transactions posted is not a concern for us and they can be reentered. But GP won't allow us to delete if posted transactions exist. Is there any way to delete the old set of COA? Thanks! In the same company you would need to purge the history and reconcile to clear the account summaries. Alternatively, you could create a new company and copy the setup to it, if there'...

IRA Account Question
I am using MS Money 2006 Premium, switching over recently from Quicken. Early in the year, I rolled a 401K from a previous job into an IRA and entered this into Money as an IRA. I am not currently contributing to it, so the only change in the account is the monthly interest. I am struggling with the way Money handles all this. When looking at "Dave's IRA Holdings" I see the following: 1. Under Account Summary, it says "The account currently has in investments in it. You can add a new investment here." 2. Under Investment Transactions, it shows no transactions, with th...

How do I Recreate Schedule+ Free Busy public folder
Had 2 Exchange 5.5 servers. Was in the process of a migration. The first, primary, Exchange server crashed. Having problems restoring databases. New server works fine, but continually receive Unable to update public free/busy data. The contents of this public folder are currently unavailable. The Schedule+ Free Busy public folder was not replicated to the new server. Is there a way to create it on the new server since the first, primary, server is unavailable. Thanks ...

How do I Chart a spreadsheet that has multiple columns of data
I have a spreadsheet that has multiple columns of data. What I have been asked to do is take the 6 categories and get the actual and standard data in a chart. Any help would be most apprciated. -- DMM Did you try selecting the data and running the chart wizard? - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "soconfused" <soconfused@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5BF238C3-6394-460D-928F-69CA1921BE9D@microsoft.com... >I have a spreadsheet that has multip...

Rotating a chart, and more..
I know that a not long ago, someone else asked about rotating charts, but the solution offered won't work for me. I have a 2D area chart which currently runs across the x-axis. I'd like to run the chart along the y-axis instead. This could be achieved by either rotating the whole chart object, or producing a chart that Excel by default doesn't seem to let you. The other part of my problem is that I'd like the said chart to lie *underneath* the data in a worksheet. And I need the chart to be dynamic - I don't want to have to export the chart, make it into a jpg and then i...

Account Maintenance
Hi I am Using GP 10 in Account Maintenance we are using 3 segment. From the 3 Segment when we press a tab or enter it is not going to Description it is coming back to first segment. Regards Thiru Srinivasan, Actually this is how it’s work, you can press “CTRL + TAB” to get out of the account number field. Regards, -- Mohammad R. Daoud MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS Mob: +962 - 79 -999 65 85 Great Package For Business Solutions daoudm@greatpbs.com http://www.greatpbs.com http://mohdaoud.blogspot.com/ "Srinivasan" wrote: > Hi I am Using GP 10 in Account Maintenance we are u...

How do print a chart so the chart area 'fill' shows through it?
I select 'none' for background in the Plot area, and I've selected a gradient fill effect for the Chart Area. The screen displays correctly, shows the chart fill with the Plot Area as 'transparent', but when I send this to the printer the background of the Plot Area is solid black. Somehow I have randomly been able to achieve the desired result, but can't seem to repeat the magical order of steps I did to make it work for other charts in the some workbook. So what's the trick? -- holly Holly - The usual culprit when printing comes out wrong is the printer d...

recreate a window
a CComboBox and CQControl derived control shall recreate itself, if the styles given in resource not match the style required for toe control (here: CBS_OWNERDRAWFIXED must be set). As CComboBox is unable to correctly modify this style with ModifyStyle(), the recreation is called and works. ____________________________________________ //----------------------------------------------------------------------- // recreate the underlying hwnd to match required styles bool CQControl::QRecreateWindow(DWORD dwStyle, DWORD dwStyleEx) { CWnd* pWnd = CWnd::FromHandlePermanent(m_hwnd); ASSERT(pWnd != ...

Flagging
I did something stupid and now I am in the soup. My boss's boss called me while he was traveling on business to check his e-mail messages because his assistant was out to lunch. When I opened his mailbox he had literaly 15 of those pesky flagged message pop-up reminders. I dismissed them because I find them annoying and wanted to get to his messages. It turns out those pesky reminders are a valuable mnemonic device for him. How do I restore the active pop-up messages without changing the original due date? He wants the original action date to remain. When I try to put in b...

Copying A Chart
Good Evening All, I have come across a problem, which I cannot seem to resolve, and am hoping there is an easy fix for this. (Already trawled Google). I have a worksheet which incorporates a chart, the source data of which is from the same sheet, however, I simply wish to copy/paste the chart into another sheet, (as in copy/pastespecial/vaules only), where the sheet will appear just as is and all links to source data is removed. (This is for e-mail purposes where I do not wish to also provide the source data). I do not want to copy into Word or Powerpoint. (This must be simple, any help most ...

Equation in a chart
Dear all There is any possibility to add in the area of a chart a box or a text box or another way and to make it with a simple = to bring me a value of a cell? either a number or a percentage? I currently using Excel XP edition Thanks in advance Manos Hi try the following: - insert this textbox - select the textbox and hit F (to get into the formula bar) - now enter your formula. e.g. ='sheet1'!A1 -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Manos wrote: > Dear all > > There is any possibility to add in the area of a chart a > box or a text box or another way and...

Speed problems in CRM when merging or deleting accounts
We've been experiencing extremely slow performance in CRM whenever one user is trying to delete accounts or merge accounts. Not only does the deleting and merging take a long time for the user trying to do those tasks; it makes CRM nearly impossible to use for any other users during the time that CRM is trying to delete or merge accounts. Is there something wrong with the delete and merge code that it's locking up the account table during these processes? We have c360 installed. Could that product be complicating the existing CRM delete and merge code? ...

Printing Excel Charts
All the elements of my charts are showing up on my screen but are not printing on a couple of my charts. What am I not doing? I am having the same problem. Print preview shows the chart but it only prints the header and footer. I have to copy it into its own worksheet to print. Hopefully the pros will help us. I am using 2007. Are you? "dennisheinold" wrote: > All the elements of my charts are showing up on my screen but are not > printing on a couple of my charts. What am I not doing? I have been having the same problem with Excel 2007. I even bought a new printer as...