Reconcile Receivables Amounts

The Reconcile Receivables Amounts (option Current Customer Information) seems
to update the RM00103 file to the summed information found on transactional
files for that customer.  How do the files get out of sync?  If they should
always be in sync, why is this process not an automatic process?  Which files
are involved with the comparison (in addition to the RM00103)?  Is there a
standard process to follow regarding this reconcile utility as well as the
other reconcile utilities in respect to when to perform them?
0
GPPharm (6)

How to reconcile downloaded credit card statement with bank payments
Money 2001: I can download my credit card statement transactions and my bank statement trans. However, when I do that the credit for the payment of the credit card (e.g. I pay it off every month) will not seem to reconcile-- I don't seem to be able to figure out how to show Money that this was payed out of checking). Is there some trick to it. On the flip side, from my checking account, should I see all the transactions I downloaded as "Splits" from the amount in my check register (e.g. 1. I download my bank statement and there's a $500 check I wrote to the credit card. ...

Slow and reconciling issues
I've been advised that to speed up Money 2004 Deluxe, I should turn off background banking. I have it off, have always had it off and it is still really slow. Any other suggestions? Also, when balancing the cash portion of an investment account, Money does not show me the total number of transactions cleared, nor the total $amt. cleared, compared to the statement balance. This makes balancing these extremely difficult if there are several transactions. Any suggestions? tx, KC The program is just extremely slow! If fact would be the slowest program I have ever used. If I h...

Reconciled shortcut
Is there a shortcut for simply and rapidly entering into the register the R for reconciled, without the longer right mouse key sequence? T. Ctrl+Shift+M "tony" <tony@well.com> wrote in message news:1132932502.871195.16990@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com... > Is there a shortcut for simply and rapidly entering into the register > the R for reconciled, without the longer right mouse key sequence? thanks for the tip dick. had the same question. "Dick Watson" wrote: > Ctrl+Shift+M > > "tony" <tony@well.com> wrote in message > n...

Not receiving email in outlook
Help!! Pc challenged here. I'm sending mail in Outlook with no problem, but not receiving any new or return mail. Running XP, SP2. Do you get any errors when you try to receive mail? Also, you mention XP. Is that your OS or version of Outlook? "Paula" <Paula@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BBE654FB-4900-4D6F-BC77-DFFF4F944191@microsoft.com... > Help!! Pc challenged here. I'm sending mail in Outlook with no problem, > but > not receiving any new or return mail. Running XP, SP2. Hi Vince, and thank you for responding. XP is my ...

Why reconcile?
I am new to personal finance software. I download transactions as ofx, match and categorize them. I do make sure that the balance shown in money is same as the paper statement I receive. What is the advantage of going thro the process of reconciling? What if I just use Money without ever reconciling? Will I have any problems later if I want to close and save previous years data, etc? In microsoft.public.money, ask wrote: >I am new to personal finance software. I download transactions as ofx, match >and categorize them. I do make sure that the balance shown in money is same >a...

Incorrect Receivings Transaction Entry 7.5
A user has received an item in the receivings transaction in error (should not have been received). What is the best way to correct this in the system? Landed costs are also involved. Thanks Was it A Shipment or a Invoice? The best way would be to do a Return Transaction - Transactions - Purchasing - Returns Transaction Entry. If it was a shipment - do a return without credit and if it was an invoice do a return with a credit. "dallas05" wrote: > A user has received an item in the receivings transaction in error (should > not have been received). What is the best...

Sending/Receiving
Hello, I just upgraded a user to XP Pro with Office 2003, in a SBS 2000 enviroment. The user is setup using Exchange and a POP3 e-mail account. The problem I'm having is (which didn't exist before the upgrade from Windows 2000 with Outlook 2000) is when he sends e-mails through Outlook 2003 which e-mail account is selected as the default mail when viewing e-mail accounts, he can't send from the other one. But if he changes the default he can send. So, if the Exchange e-mail account is selected he can only send e-mails internally, if the POP3 is selected he can only send ou...

Not receiving in coming mail
Hi if anyone can help...Keep getting this message up Unable to send or receive messages for the mail.freeola.net account. The connection to the server has failed. Server: 'mail.freeola.net' Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0E Protocol: POP3 Port: 110 Secure(SSL): No Socket Error: 10060 I cannot get into hotmail either "puzzler" wrote: > Hi if anyone can help...Keep getting this message up > > Unable to send or receive messages for the mail.freeola.net account. The > connection to the server has failed. > > Server: 'mail.fr...

Receiving duplicate (2 copies) of every E-mail Received
My computer OS is Windows XP, SP3, Microsoft Office Pro 2003, Outlook 2003. Every E-mail I receive comes with a duplicate, 2 copies of every E-mail. Please instruct me how to eliminate the duplicate copy. Thank You for helping a non-technical novice. -- Ray10X10 You might get a better answer from an office newsgroup. Neil "Ray10X10" <vacantlot.com> wrote in message news:23FF74ED-7234-4889-89EA-1A664B398A8A@microsoft.com... > > My computer OS is Windows XP, SP3, Microsoft Office Pro 2003, Outlook > 2003. > > Every E-mail I receive comes wit...

Slow receive and send
Lately when I send email with attachments (no matter how small), it is taking a very long time for the file to be sent--sometimes it never does. I see the details, and it will show like 33% complete and stay that way for sometimes an hour before it finally finishes. I have DSL and I have never had issues with this before. Any ideas? ...

Calculating amounts / percentages
I've been trying to create a formula for the following for ages on Excel 2000 but can't get the result I require: I have one column with cells each containing numbers. The numbers represent days that payment of an account is overdue by. If the account was paid before time then the number will be preceded by a negative sign. I need an equation to count how many entries are in the column and then: The amount of accounts overdue by 1 to 5 days (and a percentage of this figure) The amount of accounts overdue by 6 to 10 days (and a percentage of this figure) The amount of accounts overdu...

mark reconciled?
how can i mark multiple transactions reconciled that are currently marked "E"? i have some old transactions (a few months ago) that i never reconciled but don't really need to - but want everything in my register to be marked as reconciled. help? In microsoft.public.money, Rod wrote: >how can i mark multiple transactions reconciled that are currently marked >"E"? i have some old transactions (a few months ago) that i never reconciled >but don't really need to - but want everything in my register to be marked as >reconciled. If you wish to sta...

Receiving Everything twice
You replied, "If you have an AV that is integrated into Outlook, disable the integration." What is an AV and how do I know if I have one? My original question was "Starting a few days ago, after working fine for months, I began receiving two of everything. I had just set up a new profile but only one is the default so I don't see how that would affect the receive function. Any ideas?" AV=your Anti Virus email Scanning. Disable your automatic email scanner . Your Antivirus resident scanner will still protect you. Do not enable after again unless you want to start ...

Pushed Reconcile too early on Bank Reconcilation
Hi all, we pushed 'reconcile' before we meant too. Is there a way to back up the process to get back to the unreconciled state? Options? Ok, so you pushed reconcile before you meant to, and what was the result? To reconcile you should have had a zero difference between your bank statement and your cash account, so there cannot be anything wrong? right? The bank rec module is designed to reconcile on a daily basis if needed. I would suggest you continue reconciling as if nothing happened with the understanding that you will have an interim reconciliation already done against yo...

Assigning category after entry reconciled
I have a reconciled credit card transaction in my checking account register that needs to have several category corrections, but after I make the changes and hit "done", it defaults back to the original entry. I've tried marking the entry as unreconciled, but it makes no difference. If I make the changes without hitting "done", the changes remain until I close the application, then when I re-open, it displays the old information. BTW, this is Money 2006 Small Business "GHS" wrote: > I have a reconciled credit card transaction in my checking account...

Outlook 2002 auto send/receive no longer working
For some reason my pop3 dailup no longer sends/receives automatically when launching outlook, or at timed intervals. Can someone help with suggestions on reseting this feature? XP Pro I'm using. I even did a repair of Office XP and a clean install. Thanks for any help! What are your Send/Receive group settings? Have you checked in the File menu to see if you have set your installation to Work Offline? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "circuit slave" <sh101@earthling.net> wrote in message news:2aee226c.0308230131.2914b6b5@posting.google.com... > For some reason my pop3 ...

receiving email via imap
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: imap <i>set up imap and email comes in very late. to compare, i set up imap in apple mail, and the email comes in immediately. there is no problem sending mail. any help would be appreciated. thanks</i> ...

EFT Payables/Receivables Set-Up
We are struggling to get our EFT set up for the first time. It’s installed, and we have several requests in to Chase – not yet integrated with Bank One behind the scenes, so we have to set up manually. Do you have any insight as to what some of these required fields even are? The set up manual is really lacking in useful information and our bank has no clue. Any help would be tremendously appreciated as we do a great deal of our business through ACH/EFT and are eager to switch over to Great Plains exclusively. Thanks craig, please contact me. regards Habib "Craig" <...

I receive an error about resources each time I schedule a service
I have two services setup in the Services section of CRM 3.0, they are "Network Install" and "Network Support". On each one I get a message that says "Required resources have not been selected for one or more selection rules. To complete the rules, click Required Resources.". I seem to have completed this step but it keeps saying the same thing. Can someone provide some direction on this please. Resources aren't just people. They can also be buildings, vehicles, equipment, etc. Check the definition of the rule to see all the entities it is asking for....

email stuck on receive
Every day I have to go into my email on the web and delete a stuck email so the rest can download. It appears to be some badly formatted spam message. This only happens with Outlook 2003 (not with Outlook Express or my old Outlook). I've downloaded all the Office updates. I've been having this problem for about 2 months now. -Max ...

OL 2002/2003 send and receive serially
The new Outlook 2002 and 2003 send and receive messages for multiple accounts at the same time. This new feature is great, except that it crashes Norton Antivirus 2004 frequently. I have several email accounts, and so it gets overloaded. I'd like to know how to have Outlook 2002/2003 behave as Outlook 2000 did when sending and receiving. I want Outlook to process one email account at a time, instead of simultaneously processing all of my accounts at the same time. Phil <pkeyrich@yahoo.com> wrote: > The new Outlook 2002 and 2003 send and receive messages > for mult...

PO Receiving Different Items
Our client does not want to use the manufacturing module. They would like to create a PO for a non-inventory item like a piece of sheet metal. Then receive the sheet metal as different inventory items which are attached to various projects. The cost of the 1 sheet metal ($100) would equal the total cost of the individual inventory items (4 X $25). We have suggested the client could receive the non-inventory item, adjust in the inventory item quantities, and then do a transfer to project. They feel this is too much work. Any ideas? Thank you. I have had a number of people try i...

Metrics
GP 9.0. The amounts are correct for every month except January, which is incorrect when the user date is in February. For the month of February only, the January amounts for the 29th, 30th, and 31st are not included in the January total. Once the user date is in March, these amounts are correctly shown in the January amount. The exception is leap year (2008) where only the 30th and 31st amounts do not show up. This is happening on the client's system as well as on mine. Clearly there is some error in the calculation that assumes a 30 day month or greater. Has anyone found a resolu...

Moving First E2K3 to New Box
Used KB 822931 and followed all directions. I was able to turn off the first server and all users were able to receive email and I was also able to send e-mail to a mail enabled public folder residing on the same exchange server. However outside users are not able to send mail to the public folder that were able to in the past. When I turn the first exchange server back on, the mail gets delivered to the public folder. I checked to make sure all replication was turned off etc... Not sure what to check next. On Wed, 20 Sep 2006 12:36:02 -0700, hager123 <hager123@discussions.micr...

reconcilation reports
How do I print out a reconcilation report after I have exited from reconcilling the bank statement In microsoft.public.money, Barry C Wood wrote: >How do I print out a reconcilation report after I have >exited from reconcilling the bank statement http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;176329 ...