Reconcile GL20000 and RM30301?

I discovered that we have some records in the GL20000 table that don't have
corresponding records in the RM30301 table. They relate to sales transactions
that we think had issues when they were posted, so I'm guessing the process
that would have updated the RM30301 table didn't complete properly.

Is there any Reconcile routine that would fix this?

--
Bud Cool, Accounting System Manager
HDA, Inc.  Hazelwood, MO

Have you run checklinks?  Failing to post to the RM30301 wouldn't
necessary impact GL.  Do you see evidence of the transaction in the
GL20000?
0
leslievail1 (120)
3/27/2008 3:37:26 AM
I've run the GL checklinks recently, but not Sales/Receivables.

I have a list of items that are in the GL20000 table but aren't in the
RM30301 table - which I'm pretty sure can be traced back to some problems we
had during the posting of some remittances.

I was wondering if we could somehow rebuild the missing records in the
RM30301 table.

--

"Leslie Vail" wrote:

> Have you run checklinks?  Failing to post to the RM30301 wouldn't
> necessary impact GL.  Do you see evidence of the transaction in the
> GL20000?

0
Bud (544)
3/27/2008 1:13:00 PM
Bud,

I just noticed you said you were looking between the RM30301
(distribution history) and the GL20000 (YTD Trx Open). Have the RM
transactions in fact been moved to history via the paid trx removal
routine?  If they haven't been, then the dist records are still living
in the RM10101 table.  There is no reconcile routine that will match
up the GL tables with the RM tables (prior to version 10), none that
will rebuild the trx in RM no matter what version.

This is an odd situation since the RM posting runs first and then
sends the information over to GL. I can see how the records could have
been damaged in the transfer to history routine and not impact the GL,
but who knows! If you do an inquiry on trx by customer, the first
column in the scrolling window will tell you whether the trx is in the
OPEN or HIST table. I think the only thing the transaction
distribution history information in RM is used for is to reprint the
posting journals.  It's not needed for any of the ATBs in Receivables.
0
leslievail1 (120)
3/27/2008 2:02:43 PM
Bud,

Have you looked in the GL30000 for them?

Best regards,

MG.-
Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
Maximum Global Business, LLC.
http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com

"Bud" wrote:

> I discovered that we have some records in the GL20000 table that don't have
> corresponding records in the RM30301 table. They relate to sales transactions
> that we think had issues when they were posted, so I'm guessing the process
> that would have updated the RM30301 table didn't complete properly.
>
> Is there any Reconcile routine that would fix this?
>
> --
> Bud Cool, Accounting System Manager
> HDA, Inc.  Hazelwood, MO
> GP 9.0, SP2
0
MarianoGomez (3440)
3/27/2008 2:04:01 PM
I think he found them in the GL20000 table, but can't find them in the
RM30301 table.  The mystery is where they are in RM.

"Mariano Gomez" wrote:

> Bud,
>
> Have you looked in the GL30000 for them?
>
> Best regards,
>
> MG.-
> Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> Maximum Global Business, LLC.
> http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
>
> "Bud" wrote:
>
> > I discovered that we have some records in the GL20000 table that don't have
> > corresponding records in the RM30301 table. They relate to sales transactions
> > that we think had issues when they were posted, so I'm guessing the process
> > that would have updated the RM30301 table didn't complete properly.
> >
> > Is there any Reconcile routine that would fix this?
> >
> > --
> > Bud Cool, Accounting System Manager
> > HDA, Inc.  Hazelwood, MO
> > GP 9.0, SP2
0
LeslieVail (702)
3/27/2008 2:13:01 PM
I checked - they're not in the RM10101, either.

Like you said, Leslie, it's not the end of the world - at least they
actually hit the G/L. It's just that if you pull up one of the documents and
try to look at the distributions, nothing shows up.

We're thinking it happened when we processed our transactions using
eConnect. It got into a deadlock situation with Nodus' Credit Card Encryption
software that we had installed, and it was terminating the eConnect
transactions. Somehow it had updated the G/L at that point but not the RM
Distribution table.

--

"Leslie Vail" wrote:

> I think he found them in the GL20000 table, but can't find them in the
> RM30301 table.  The mystery is where they are in RM.
>
> "Mariano Gomez" wrote:
>
> > Bud,
> >
> > Have you looked in the GL30000 for them?
> >
> > Best regards,
> >
> > MG.-
> > Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> > Maximum Global Business, LLC.
> > http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
> >
> > "Bud" wrote:
> >
> > > I discovered that we have some records in the GL20000 table that don't have
> > > corresponding records in the RM30301 table. They relate to sales transactions
> > > that we think had issues when they were posted, so I'm guessing the process
> > > that would have updated the RM30301 table didn't complete properly.
> > >
> > > Is there any Reconcile routine that would fix this?
> > >
> > > --
> > > Bud Cool, Accounting System Manager
> > > HDA, Inc.  Hazelwood, MO
> > > GP 9.0, SP2
0
Bud (544)
3/27/2008 3:04:02 PM
Could you rewrite your query to check against the RM Key table? The RM Key
table will tell you exactly in what status your transaction may be. That way,
you will know exactly where to look for them, or whether they are missing
indeed.

"Bud" wrote:

> I checked - they're not in the RM10101, either.
>
> Like you said, Leslie, it's not the end of the world - at least they
> actually hit the G/L. It's just that if you pull up one of the documents and
> try to look at the distributions, nothing shows up.
>
> We're thinking it happened when we processed our transactions using
> eConnect. It got into a deadlock situation with Nodus' Credit Card Encryption
> software that we had installed, and it was terminating the eConnect
> transactions. Somehow it had updated the G/L at that point but not the RM
> Distribution table.
>
> --
> Bud Cool, Accounting System Manager
> HDA, Inc.  Hazelwood, MO
> GP 9.0, SP2
>

> "Leslie Vail" wrote:
>
> > I think he found them in the GL20000 table, but can't find them in the
> > RM30301 table.  The mystery is where they are in RM.
> >
> > "Mariano Gomez" wrote:
> >
> > > Bud,
> > >
> > > Have you looked in the GL30000 for them?
> > >
> > > Best regards,
> > >
> > > MG.-
> > > Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> > > Maximum Global Business, LLC.
> > > http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com

0
MarianoGomez (3440)
3/27/2008 3:17:01 PM
Sounds like you've hit the nail on the head Bud. If you pull them up in
inquiry and the distribution screen is blank that's a major sign (definitive
even) that the dists aren't there.  You're looking at the tables so I assume
you don't have a bunch of 'orphaned' distriutions there that don't have a doc
number associated with them.  If you REALLY wanted to you could build a query
to extract the missing information from the GL20000 and then update the
RM10101 or RM30101 as appropriate.  Probably not worth the effort.  Also bear
in mind that if you aren't posting 'through' GL, someone could change the
distributions in the unposted GL batch and throw it out of synch with RM.
The distribution table will only show you want RM sent to the GL work table,
it doesn't display what actually was posted to GL, but you know that :)

"Bud" wrote:

> I checked - they're not in the RM10101, either.
>
> Like you said, Leslie, it's not the end of the world - at least they
> actually hit the G/L. It's just that if you pull up one of the documents and
> try to look at the distributions, nothing shows up.
>
> We're thinking it happened when we processed our transactions using
> eConnect. It got into a deadlock situation with Nodus' Credit Card Encryption
> software that we had installed, and it was terminating the eConnect
> transactions. Somehow it had updated the G/L at that point but not the RM
> Distribution table.
>
> --
> Bud Cool, Accounting System Manager
> HDA, Inc.  Hazelwood, MO
> GP 9.0, SP2
>

> "Leslie Vail" wrote:
>
> > I think he found them in the GL20000 table, but can't find them in the
> > RM30301 table.  The mystery is where they are in RM.
> >
> > "Mariano Gomez" wrote:
> >
> > > Bud,
> > >
> > > Have you looked in the GL30000 for them?
> > >
> > > Best regards,
> > >
> > > MG.-
> > > Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> > > Maximum Global Business, LLC.
> > > http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com

0
LeslieVail (702)

How to reconcile downloaded credit card statement with bank payments
Money 2001: I can download my credit card statement transactions and my bank statement trans. However, when I do that the credit for the payment of the credit card (e.g. I pay it off every month) will not seem to reconcile-- I don't seem to be able to figure out how to show Money that this was payed out of checking). Is there some trick to it. On the flip side, from my checking account, should I see all the transactions I downloaded as "Splits" from the amount in my check register (e.g. 1. I download my bank statement and there's a $500 check I wrote to the credit card. ...

Slow and reconciling issues
I've been advised that to speed up Money 2004 Deluxe, I should turn off background banking. I have it off, have always had it off and it is still really slow. Any other suggestions? Also, when balancing the cash portion of an investment account, Money does not show me the total number of transactions cleared, nor the total $amt. cleared, compared to the statement balance. This makes balancing these extremely difficult if there are several transactions. Any suggestions? tx, KC The program is just extremely slow! If fact would be the slowest program I have ever used. If I h...

Reconciled shortcut
Is there a shortcut for simply and rapidly entering into the register the R for reconciled, without the longer right mouse key sequence? T. Ctrl+Shift+M "tony" <tony@well.com> wrote in message news:1132932502.871195.16990@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com... > Is there a shortcut for simply and rapidly entering into the register > the R for reconciled, without the longer right mouse key sequence? thanks for the tip dick. had the same question. "Dick Watson" wrote: > Ctrl+Shift+M > > "tony" <tony@well.com> wrote in message > n...

Why reconcile?
I am new to personal finance software. I download transactions as ofx, match and categorize them. I do make sure that the balance shown in money is same as the paper statement I receive. What is the advantage of going thro the process of reconciling? What if I just use Money without ever reconciling? Will I have any problems later if I want to close and save previous years data, etc? In microsoft.public.money, ask wrote: >I am new to personal finance software. I download transactions as ofx, match >and categorize them. I do make sure that the balance shown in money is same >a...

mark reconciled?
how can i mark multiple transactions reconciled that are currently marked "E"? i have some old transactions (a few months ago) that i never reconciled but don't really need to - but want everything in my register to be marked as reconciled. help? In microsoft.public.money, Rod wrote: >how can i mark multiple transactions reconciled that are currently marked >"E"? i have some old transactions (a few months ago) that i never reconciled >but don't really need to - but want everything in my register to be marked as >reconciled. If you wish to sta...

Assigning category after entry reconciled
I have a reconciled credit card transaction in my checking account register that needs to have several category corrections, but after I make the changes and hit "done", it defaults back to the original entry. I've tried marking the entry as unreconciled, but it makes no difference. If I make the changes without hitting "done", the changes remain until I close the application, then when I re-open, it displays the old information. BTW, this is Money 2006 Small Business "GHS" wrote: > I have a reconciled credit card transaction in my checking account...

Pushed Reconcile too early on Bank Reconcilation
Hi all, we pushed 'reconcile' before we meant too. Is there a way to back up the process to get back to the unreconciled state? Options? Ok, so you pushed reconcile before you meant to, and what was the result? To reconcile you should have had a zero difference between your bank statement and your cash account, so there cannot be anything wrong? right? The bank rec module is designed to reconcile on a daily basis if needed. I would suggest you continue reconciling as if nothing happened with the understanding that you will have an interim reconciliation already done against yo...

reconcilation reports
How do I print out a reconcilation report after I have exited from reconcilling the bank statement In microsoft.public.money, Barry C Wood wrote: >How do I print out a reconcilation report after I have >exited from reconcilling the bank statement http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;176329 ...

cannot reconcile some transactions
hi, i am having a problem with money 2004. i try to balance a credit card account and when i try to click a transaction to place a check by it for reconciled, nothing happens. i also cannot mark it in normal account mode (not balancing). it seems to be happening with a few accounts and the transaction i cannot reconcile are always payments set-up with the debt planner. i have already balanced the checking account the transaction was made from. and i CAN reconcile SOME of these debt planner payments. there doesnt seem to be a set pattern. has anyone come across this? ive already tried t...

reconciling 2 bank accounts at same time
We have recently upgraded to version 9 of GP. With the old version, we could have 2 different users reconcile 2 different bank accounts at the same time with no issues. Since we have upgraded to version 9, 2 people can reconcile at the same time, however, when the 2nd person begins the reconciliation after the 1st has begun their reconciliation, he/she can see all of the transactions from the bank account the 1st person is reconciling. They can still reconcile and get the correct balance, however, when they print the reconciliation, it shows the checks from both bank accounts on the ...

Reconcile #2

Reconciling
I am having a problem with reconcilling transactions. I match downloaded transactions to ones entered in manually, but everytime i get a new download it makes me match all the transactions i previously matched and marked reconciled. Any ideas? ...

Reconcile inventory
I am having a problem reconciling the change in inventory value from month to month. For example, my item value list at 3/31 is 100,000.00. My item value list at 4/30 is 125,000.00. I would expect to see a report that has everything that was received in April and the COGS for everything that was sold or transferred out in April. I do not see any reports that do this, nor do I see an Items Received listing that shows the total cost of items received into inventory from each vendor during the month. Am I missing something? I have written the following to try to get the informatio...

Auto Reconcile in Cashbook
I would like to to add another matching criteria for ERM Setup window. This should use a criterion to be By Date, by Amount, by Payee description. ...

Reconciling Bankstatement
I use MS Money 2001 Deluxe. Last month I made a Federal tax payment - Employee Payroll withholding and FICA taxes. Each deposit must be split into 3 different accounts. When I made this particular deposit, I didnt know the individual amounts, I only knew the total. So I just put the Total into the first of the splits. I came back later and changed the splits to the appropriate amount. Now, I need to balance the account. Everything checks out except. I cant mark the Federal tax payment as paid. I cant edit the transaction, I cant delete the transaction and enter a new one. Al...

Reconcile To Check For Transactions Prior To Advising To Reconcile
When changing financial perios (fiscal), the system automatically advises you to:- "These changes will cause period balances to be incorrect. You will have to reconcile the General Ledger, Payables Management and Receivables Management Modules" It is suggested that the Great Plains system checks for transactions prior to advising of a reconcile i.e. use stronger business logic and actually check if there are transactions within the changed financial period setup and that the reconcile not display if there are no transactions/beginning balances. ---------------- Thi...

Inventory Reconcile
I am trying to find out what tables are actually looked at during the Inventory Reconciliation process. When I run this it takes over 20 – that’s two zero, hours to complete (Include History IS NOT checked). Though our production db is 52gb in size I am not ready to concede that data size it the problem given that other reconciling process don’t take as long. When I run either the SOP or Purchasing reconcile process they normally complete within two or three hours. Here are some of the larger tables that I have – Table # Records MOP10213 9,458,055 IV30...

Shortcut to reconcile
What is the shortcut key to reconcile a transaction? I know CTRL+M is Cleared, but what is Reconciled? I know there is one, as I've used it in the past, but I've forgotten it. P.S.: Google & Microsoft are pursuits in futility. Oh, Money 2000 on W2K Thanks :-) In microsoft.public.money, Drewdawg wrote: >What is the shortcut key to reconcile a transaction? I know CTRL+M is >Cleared, but what is Reconciled? I know there is one, as I've used it in >the past, but I've forgotten it. Ctrl+Shift+M. A really neat way to find prior postings in this group is to u...

Reconciling SOP to GL
I am trying to reconcile my GL revenue accounts with all the SOP documents that are included in this account. However, I am not getting the right numbers from my Smartlists. I have been working on this for a while now and am now ready to ask for help. My supervisor wants to see a listing of all invoices, adjustments,etc. that tie to a particular revenue account. Not all go through SOP. SOme adjustments are directly to the GL to reclass. I set up somethign in the SOP line item Smartlist but then I can't get it to pull the right account #. I want the final distribution # for SALE...

reconcile?
i upgraded to MS Money 2005 because Quicken 2002 arbitrarily closed down the 'online services' portion of their software. so i made a switch. but i don't see the 'reconcile' function offered in the new software. is it availabe or am i just looking in the wrong places? i've asked my bank- they don't know. i've looked in the Help file- don't see it. i've browsed thru all the command options- still don't see it. would appreciate it if someone could throw me a bone! In microsoft.public.money, torture wrote: >i upgraded to MS Money 2005 because...

Reconciling Sales Ledger / General Ledger / Cashbook back to General Ledger
We suspect some postings have failed and have a variance between our cash book & GL. Can anyone help us with a report we can run to check this on a frequent basis. I'm trying to investigate the Reports menu. We are very new to Great Plains and could do with the assistance! Many Thanks, Nick Hi Nick, We have a product that is an add on to the Bank Reconciliation Module of Great Plains. This is called easyebankrec and it is used to do electronic reconciliation. Furthermore, as an add on the the electronic reconcile feature, we have added reconciliations among your Cash Book, an...

Reconcile
When I reconcile each account on the first screen that has the balances, etc. In the service change and Interest section it has ALC<402c>. I put the service charge information in there and postponed balancing the account. Now the service charge section is dimmed with ALC<402c> in it and it will not allow me to go in and finish the reconciliation. I went in and deleted the transaction that I originally posted in there and it did not fix the problem. Thanks for your help!!! In microsoft.public.money, Cindy wrote: >When I reconcile each account on the first screen tha...

Help
I'll bet this is really obvious and simple, but here goes: For months now I have been trying to track down why viewing all transactions in the register show a correct balance, and when viewing only unreconciled transactions the amount is always off by (68.89). This has spanned several months of balancing and is consistently the same amount. It's like there are invisible transactions that do not get calculated when switching from reconciled to unreconciled views. No, there is no single transaction that totals 68.89. I am using MM2002, if that helps. Thanks, -Ajay PGP key ID = 0x...

Reconcile to GL
I used "Reconcile to GL" to reconcile GL & AR during month end, a difference between GL & AR was resulted in the Excel spreadsheet generated. Then, I try to generate and compare the individual GL TB and AR HATB, the amount was tied with no variance. After checked, I found out that the "Total RM Balance" shown in the reconcile report is different with the balance amount shown in the AR aging reports. And the differenciate sum is exactly the same amount shown in Excel spreadsheet. I would like to seek advise here on why there is a difference between t...

Months old reconciled transactions reappear as unacknowledged after QIF import
Running Money Plus Deluxe. I do not have direct download from my CU so I have to import QIF files. Intermittentlly when I download the latest transactions, Money instead comes up with no new transactions, but unmatches some old ones. Ttoday, I had 4 unmatched transactions appear from June and July. In one case, the same transaction number downloaded previously from July 3 was listed as a probably match for an entry already there AND as a separate item One was reconciled and one was marked E (the one considered unmatched). As I write this I consider the possibility that the QIF file I am ...