Received Not Invoiced - report vs SmartList

GP 9.0 contains a prewritten Smartlist under Receivings line Items entitled
"Shipments Received but Not Invoiced*". I, erroneously, expected the results
to match the Received Not Invoiced report (Reports - Purchasing - Analysis -
Received Not Invoiced). However, it does not. In my instance, the Smartlist
contains numerous items that are not on the report.

It appears that the Smartlist is simply querying POP10500 file and comparing
the QTY Shipped field to the QTY Matched fields and displaying those items
where these amounts are not equal.

When I attempted to examine the Received Not Invoiced report in Report
Writer, I discovered that it uses temporary tables. As a result, I do not
know the logic that the Received Not Invoiced report uses to help me explain
the differences between the report and the SmartList.

Can anyone provide assistance as to what the Received Not Invoiced report
uses so that I can figure out what to do about these differences?

I examined the first item that appeared on the SmartList but not on the
Received Not Invoiced Report. In checking the POP10500 file, it does show
that 10 of this item was received and that 4 were invoiced and therefore, 4
were matched. I tried to enter a purchasing invoice using Purchasing Invoice
Entry for the remaining 6 but the "remaining" 6 items do not appear when I go
to the Select Purchase Order Entry window. Anyone got some ideas on why that
would be?

FInally, for what it is worth, I did note that the Purchase order for which
these transactions resulted is "Closed", in case this has something to do
with any of this.

Thank you for your assistance.
0
DonJohnson (126)

Setting the status on a PO or line to closed does remove it from the received
not invoiced report.  Have you tried adding that filter to the Smartlist?
--
Jim@TurboChef

"Don Johnson" wrote:

> GP 9.0 contains a prewritten Smartlist under Receivings line Items entitled
> "Shipments Received but Not Invoiced*". I, erroneously, expected the results
> to match the Received Not Invoiced report (Reports - Purchasing - Analysis -
> Received Not Invoiced). However, it does not. In my instance, the Smartlist
> contains numerous items that are not on the report.
>
> It appears that the Smartlist is simply querying POP10500 file and comparing
> the QTY Shipped field to the QTY Matched fields and displaying those items
> where these amounts are not equal.
>
> When I attempted to examine the Received Not Invoiced report in Report
> Writer, I discovered that it uses temporary tables. As a result, I do not
> know the logic that the Received Not Invoiced report uses to help me explain
> the differences between the report and the SmartList.
>
> Can anyone provide assistance as to what the Received Not Invoiced report
> uses so that I can figure out what to do about these differences?
>
> I examined the first item that appeared on the SmartList but not on the
> Received Not Invoiced Report. In checking the POP10500 file, it does show
> that 10 of this item was received and that 4 were invoiced and therefore, 4
> were matched. I tried to enter a purchasing invoice using Purchasing Invoice
> Entry for the remaining 6 but the "remaining" 6 items do not appear when I go
> to the Select Purchase Order Entry window. Anyone got some ideas on why that
> would be?
>
> FInally, for what it is worth, I did note that the Purchase order for which
> these transactions resulted is "Closed", in case this has something to do
> with any of this.
>
> Thank you for your assistance.
0
jim.harris (398)
8/25/2006 7:03:02 PM
There is no available column to add from Receivings Line Items smartlist that
indicates whether either the PO or line is closed that I can find. Therefore,
I am unaware of how I would accomplish this. Do you or does anyone have a way
in which I can do this, other than purchasing SmartList Builder?

With further examination of more of the records, it appears that to appear
on either the Received Not Invoiced report or the Shipments Received but Not
Invoiced* Smartlist, the records with a POP Type of 1 (Shipment) where the
QTYSHPPD ( QTY Shipped) does not match  QTYMATCH (QTY Matched). The SmartList
does not exclude line items on purchase orders that are closed, while the
report does exclude those, as you noted.

What options, if any, do I have to adjust the QTY Matched on an item in a
closed purchase order? I tried to enter a return but that did not change the
QTY Matched but rather, changed the QTY Reserved? I suppose I can simply
force the QTY Shipped and QTY Matched to be equal by using Query Analyzer to
change the value of QTY Matched, but that leaves no audit trail.

"Jim@TurboChef" wrote:

> Setting the status on a PO or line to closed does remove it from the received
> not invoiced report.  Have you tried adding that filter to the Smartlist?
> --
> Jim@TurboChef
>

> "Don Johnson" wrote:
>
> > GP 9.0 contains a prewritten Smartlist under Receivings line Items entitled
> > "Shipments Received but Not Invoiced*". I, erroneously, expected the results
> > to match the Received Not Invoiced report (Reports - Purchasing - Analysis -
> > Received Not Invoiced). However, it does not. In my instance, the Smartlist
> > contains numerous items that are not on the report.
> >
> > It appears that the Smartlist is simply querying POP10500 file and comparing
> > the QTY Shipped field to the QTY Matched fields and displaying those items
> > where these amounts are not equal.
> >
> > When I attempted to examine the Received Not Invoiced report in Report
> > Writer, I discovered that it uses temporary tables. As a result, I do not
> > know the logic that the Received Not Invoiced report uses to help me explain
> > the differences between the report and the SmartList.
> >
> > Can anyone provide assistance as to what the Received Not Invoiced report
> > uses so that I can figure out what to do about these differences?
> >
> > I examined the first item that appeared on the SmartList but not on the
> > Received Not Invoiced Report. In checking the POP10500 file, it does show
> > that 10 of this item was received and that 4 were invoiced and therefore, 4
> > were matched. I tried to enter a purchasing invoice using Purchasing Invoice
> > Entry for the remaining 6 but the "remaining" 6 items do not appear when I go
> > to the Select Purchase Order Entry window. Anyone got some ideas on why that
> > would be?
> >
> > FInally, for what it is worth, I did note that the Purchase order for which
> > these transactions resulted is "Closed", in case this has something to do
> > with any of this.
> >
> > Thank you for your assistance.
0
DonJohnson (126)

Pictures Received Are Garbled
Hi, I have been receiving emails with pictures from certain people, but the pictures are shown as text. As if I had opened a jpeg with a text editor. Not all pictures come in this way, only in emails from certain people. How do I (or they) make it stop? Marebear wrote: > Hi, > > I have been receiving emails with pictures from certain people, but the > pictures are shown as text. As if I had opened a jpeg with a text editor. > Not all pictures come in this way, only in emails from certain people. > > How do I (or they) make it stop? Anti-...

Problem with serial receive
I have a receive thread for a serial com port. I'm calling WaitCommEvent with an overlapped structure to get events. The event mask is EV_BREAK | EV_RXCHAR | EV_ERR. I also have an overlapped read operation to get receive input. Both events are setup with auto-reset. The port works fine until I get an error. When an error occurs on the receive line the read event is signaled and the call to GetOverlappedResult returns 995 Operation Aborted (the thread has not exited). I then get a WaitCommEvent signal. I call ClearCommError() which returns a CE_RXPARITY error. I thought ClearComm...

Cant send or receive emails
I've done something to my settings, and cannot send or receive emails. Can anyone tell me what to do? And I'm not a newby either, shame shame! thanks. Kari Error message? Version of Outlook? Type of mail account? Checked your mail account settings already? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Kari Jacob" <jacob52@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message news:549201c49180$ec8cfa40$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I've done something to my...

Receive email in real-time
We have several PCs in our company that are receiving Exchange email messages in real-time, whereas others have to click Send/Receive within MS Outlook to receive their email. How do I setup Exchange where all users can receive their email instantaneously on any machine in the organization onto which they logon. Thanks in advance, Mervin Williams Hi, You can't configure Exchange to not deliver emails instantly to Outlook users. This is an Outlook setting and will have to be configured here. Leif "Mervin Williams" <mwilliams@innovasolutions.net> skrev i en meddelel...

Send & Receive button doesn't work
I installed Office XP and the SP3 service pack. I can't get the "send and recieve" button to work in MS Outlook. Everytime I click it I get a error message "The operation failed. An object could not be found." I tried proposed resolution in from MS knowledge base article 312354 but it didn't fix the problem. Any suggestions on the fix? i'd follow the procedure for creating a new profile again first. if that fails, try a repair operation. "Tom" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0b0d01c425ad$17305570$a401280a@...

Received Not Invoiced not = GL(205000-000-000 Received Not Invoic
I am working on some questions for an audit, and was asked why when we run an RNI report [Reports>Purchasing>Analysis>Received/Not Invoiced] for a specific date range, it doesn't match the [Summary Inquiry] numbers. Shouldn't you be able to run a report that selects the RNI from the POP tables for a specified date range and the GL20000 (acct code 20500-000-000) for the same date range and come up with the same result. I figured out the answer, never mind! "Rich" wrote: > I am working on some questions for an audit, and was asked why when we run an > RN...

Invoice Designer Problem
When I save one of the standard invoice templates so that I can modify it, the invoice detail area (item, description, hours, rate, total) improperly formats the text. In particular, the description field does not wrap properly and it cuts off words on the right edge of the description field. My system has IE 6.1 with SP1 in case this makes a difference. ...

Send/Receive Operation Failed
Hey Folks, Symptom: I was receiving an "Operation Failed" message when pressing the Send/Receive button. Background: I tried the trial of Office 2003, reverted back to Office XP. After re-install of Office XP, Outlook resumed all previous settings, however the Send/Receive function was inoperative. Fix: After some searching and experimenting, the solution was found in Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 284312. After shutting Outlook down, finding the Outlook file with the extension *.srs, renaming it to *.old, and restarting Outlook, the Send/Receive function resumed n...

Select Distinct in Smartlist?
Hi, Does anybody know if there is a way to select only distinct rows in a smartlist? Thanks, Lina Weiss Lina, Not unless you're creating your own SmartList using SmartList Builder. What are you looking to do? Maybe someone here can think of another way to accomplish it? -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Flexible Solutions, Inc. "Lina Weiss" <LinaWeiss@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AB22735A-5DA6-4136-8BD4-3487D03BC084@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > Does anybody know if there is a way to select only distinct rows in a > smartlist? > ...

email stuck in outbox: receiving error message
My emails are stuck in my outbox. They do send to the recepient, but never switch over to my sent box. Go to the 'Tools' menu, then options. In the first / 'Preferences' window that appears (tab shown at the top) click on 'E-mail Options'. Make sure there's a check mark in the box that says 'Save copies of messages in Sent Items folder'. If this is already done, you might want to note the exact text of the error message and do a search in the Microsoft Knowledge Base. >-----Original Message----- >My emails are stuck in my outbox. They do s...

Forwarding mail received from a receive-only account to a send/receive account
I am trying to setup Outlook 2002 (SP3) to pop mail from one of my accounts. This account (Account1)is receive-only, that is in the Send/Receive group settings I have setup the account to "Receive mail items" but not to "Send mail items". I have existing rules that forward mail that I get from certain people, and I have another account (Account2) which I have setup to send and receive. However, when I receive mail from Account1 that matches the rules, the mail gets forwarded(sent) using Account1 even though the Send/Receive group settings say the account is receive-only. ...

Sending and receiving
I can receive e-mail but cannot send. I've checked my settings - they are the same as Outlook, which I used on my old XP computer. This is a new Win 7 computer. Copy and paste the entire error message for analysis please . ... . "Railroad Henry (not John)" <RailroadHenrynotJohn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:120A3A4D-6860-46AC-A94E-C7CB0AB7AD34@microsoft.com... > I can receive e-mail but cannot send. I've checked my settings - they are > the > same as Outlook, which I used on my old XP computer. This is a new Win 7 > compu...

Hiding Received Items on Purchase Orders
Is there a way to hide already received items on a PO? That is, can a revised PO be printed that only shows remaining open items (backorders). On that same note, is there a way to print out a "Receiver" or "Check-in Sheet" for my staff to check in orders against, as opposed to the actual purchase order, which shows more information than I'd like shown... Thanks for any input!! ...

Preventing changes to received messages
Outlook allows me to modify a received message's body and subject field. So if Bob sends me an email, I can open it, change the body's content, save it, and it looks like that's how I received it. Then if I print or forward it, it looks like Bob sent me something he in reality didn't. Is there a way to disable that? Can the integrity of a received message be protected? Can this be done without digital signitures? Hi, I do not think that is possible !!! Sorry for that . Hope this helps !!! With Regards, Sudharson.AN "Hall" <hall@garp.org> wrote in mes...

Importing into Smartlist Builder
Hi - I want to copy a Smartlist Builder file. I exported the file to a .xml file under a different name and then import the newly named file. The file appears to import but when I go to Advanced Security to give myself access, the new Smartlist isn't there. I am not sure if I am missing a step in the process. I have looked at the SLB manual and didn't find any other solutions. Thanks, Lorrie Lorrie, So you exported the smartlists into a file, you renamed the file and reimported, and now your SmartList is not showing up. 1) I am not sure if your intention is to duplicate th...

Send/Receive failure
Hey all - I work for a school district that is running Outlook 2000 SR-1 and an old version of Outlook Express. Every time a user clicks on send/receive it times out and says that server such and such can't be found.... But if we close down that "error" box and click on send/receive again it works. Every time! Anyone have an idea why it "dies" on the 1st attempt and then is successful on the 2nd? I can't see any setting in either version that would make this happen. Thanks. Jim D. ...

Include this account when receiving mail or synchronizing
Hello, In OE I have the option to check mark "Include this account when receiving mail or synchronizing". Where does OL has this option? Thanks, AJS Tools-> Options-> tab Mail Setup-> button Send/Receive...-> button Edit... -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "AJS" <newsgroup@sorga.com> wrote in message news:#0XRNuWrJHA.3992@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > ...

unable to receive email from a certain user
I have a problem where I am not receiving email from a certain user within our organization. I am able to receive all other mail, from other users, but when this user sends me mail.. I never get it. It shows as sent from the sender, and I dont have any rules in place that would be moving it from the inbox. Any thoughts?! Please help!! -Justin is the user able to reply to mail sent 'from' you? have they got the correct spelling of your name etc? "Justin" <jhenretta@pwlink.com> wrote in message news:066801c3aeed$4bd6db00$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I have a problem wh...

Exporting from Smartlist to Dynamic Excel Spreadsheet
Hi, I have a smartlist in GP V10.0 that shows me Purchase Order line items that are outstanding with our suppliers. I currently export to Excel to track shipments as they arrive. My question is "How do I export the smartlist as a Dynamic Excel Spreadsheet so that it automatically updates each time I open it rather than my current manual update?" Thanks. Wayne The optimal solution is to create an excel sheet that has your Company database as the datasource to get updated records when needed. Regards, -- Mohammad R. Daoud MVP, MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS Mob: +962 - 79 -999 6...

Receiving emails ... or rather NOT receiving
I get to message #5 and won't download. I now have over 200 emails waiting to be downloaded to my Inbox behind email #5. Anybody know how to remove this #5 email that is blocking everything else????? Logon to your mail server's Webmail page and delete the offending message from there. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Lynda" <Lynda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:794E9864-FEAD-4C19-B958-293595B19762@microsoft.com... >I get to message #5 and won't download. I now have over 200 emails ...

Receiving Duplicate Email Messages
Hello Everyone, I am hoping someone may be able to help shed some light on this problem. We use Sunbelt's Ninja Messenger for spam filtering on an Exchange 2003 SP2 server for about 6-7 months now. I have been finding the past two months or so that about half of the messages we receive to our spam filtering mailbox are duplicates. One email is usually html or rich text with images, fancy text, animations whatever, the other email will be a duplicate in content but it will be text only with no formatting. I had posted this on Ninja's support forum and got no real advice. I am t...

Send/Receive doe not work... I can send but not receive in Outlook
I have my Yahoo (pop3) account set up in Outlook and have done for some time. It has just decided to stop retrieving my incoming mail, however I can still send mail through outlook. It is set up to leave a copy of all messages on the yahoo server so I can access this through Outlook on my office compuer also - this works fine. The problem is with Outlook on my home PC. When I hit Send/Recieve nothing happens, not even an error message. Can anyone help? I can't find anything online. Thanks a mil! What kind of service do you have? I'vehad problems like that with Verizon DSL, but...

user mailbox receive size
I need some help rectifiying a situation I have verified with ms kb322679 on how to set size limits for messages in Exchange and although i have set the limits to its highest limit possible or no limit at all i still have failures on receiving file attachements greater that 10 meg in size. Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated ...

Receiving in fewer parts than required
When we are creating a sub-assembly we will create a MO for the amount of finished goods we will get if all the parts successfully pass inspection. For example, we will start out planning on making 15 sub-assemblies and end up with only 10, which is ok because we expect some losses during processing. However since we initially set up the MO as requiring 15 pieces but only ended up with 10 we will never be able to "complete" the MO even though its not necessary for us to do so (i.e. we have enough finished sub-assemblies to continue production). How can we complete the MO eve...