Rebulid Inventory Summary from Period Summary

If you fail to close the Inventory module on the correct date, all Summary
values for an inventory item are summed incorrectly.   I would like to see a
rebuild of the summary values in an item be rebuilt form the period summary
that is correct.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=0183b920-6c23-45bb-8213-2d785f34f831&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains
0
Daryle (12)

Home inventory reporting
Does Money 2006 have any reporting capabilities for the home inventory module? I've checked Money's home page, the faq for this group, but have not found anything at all. Here's hoping... Thanks, Tom "Tom" <t.g.mcclellan at gmail.com> wrote in message news:D8136063-3878-4EDA-B977-D6E5D94FE06B@microsoft.com... > Does Money 2006 have any reporting capabilities for the home inventory > module? I've checked Money's home page, the faq for this group, but have > not > found anything at all. It does have a home inventory module. I don't use...

Inventory price problems
A recent problem has ben found with inventory pricing. When a retail price is changed, all items in all departments are changed to the same price. When viewing the prices in inventory list, they are correct. Opening the properties window shows a different price. Oh - your issue reminds me of the really wicked pricing issue in 1.3.1003. This issue effects both HQ and SO. When you look at your item list - you see different pricing, but if you open an item, modify (or maybe not even modify) pricing, then OPK to save and open the next item, the next item will pick up the prior's price...

Offline inventory and Physical Inventory
I assume that any inventory that is "Offline" in RMS can be ignored when doing a physical inventory. Can anyone confirm this? Thanks, Charles The off line inventory is separate from the quantity on hand, so yes - it should be ignored for the physical count. -- Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@tibercreek.com ---------------------------------------------- Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in the newsgroup so that all can share the information "Charles" <ccoutret@avilaretail.com> wrote in messag...

V1.3 converting inventory Items from Non-Inventory to Standard
We have tried to change the statius of an inventory item - using manager - from Non -Inventory to Standard. we have tried this multiple times but the inventory item reverts to its previous status. Sometimes it revrerts the next time we log on. Sometimes the 5th or 6th time we log on. We have experienced this problem one other time when we changed a product name. This was happened in V1.2 and since we upgraded to V1.3. HAs anyone else expereinced a similar probelm? ...

rebulid project or compile?
hello, can anybody expalin difference between rebuild and compile? I have a dialog based project where i popup modal and modeless dialog.When i create object and pointers of these dialogs in my owner (main) dialog and click on save and then "compile-build and execute" the program it runs.But when i do "rebuild all" on same code it give errors error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'm_c' error C2501: 'miconfiguration' : missing storage-class or type specifiers error C2501: 'm_c' : missing storage-class or type s...

Inventory Adjustments not posting through GL
I have the inventory transactions set to post to and post through GL, however nothing is even reaching the GL at all. The posting setup is correct. Any ideas on where else this problem might originate from would be appreciated. tia On the Inventory batch window is a checkbox that has to be checked, regardless of the posting setup. There is a free download you can get from MS that will mark the box automatically. -- Charles Allen, MVP "MJ" wrote: > I have the inventory transactions set to post to and post through GL, > however nothing is even reaching the GL at all. T...

Creating Multiple summary sheets

Inventory Items as NON-Inventory Items
I have seen several cases today where during a receipt from PO, an item was marked as non-inventory. It had been entered on the PO that way. Problem is, these items have all been inventory items for several years. How can someone enter a PO for an inventory item and have the PO line marked as non-inventory? -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP Documentation for Software Users For help learning and better using Dynamics GP,... check out our books at http://www.AccoladePublications.com Richard, Check how the item number is being entered. This is usually caused by trailin...

GL summary inquiry
We would like the scrolling arrow avaialbe on the GL Summary Inquiry window like they are available on the history summary window. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.ms...

order not posting and inventory being allocated to it
Hi We have an order that has shipped complete, however the order itself is not showing as posted. We found this out, only because we have parts in inventory allocated to that order and we don't know why. If you pull up the part # in Inquiry-Inventory-Item it shows a quantity allocated, when we click on allocated it tells us the order#, when we pull up the order all the lines have shipped complete. We don't know how these parts got allocated to this order, but we need to unallocate them for use on another order and we can't because none of the lines on the order can be ed...

Multi-Store inventory
In the Item record in HQ, there is a tab to see the items that are available at the other stores? Is this tab supposed to be on the item records at the store level also? I cannot find it when I am at one of my store computers looking for inventory in another store. Any ideas? Thanks, There should be a button in the Item List screen below the Copy button that says "Check Stores". You can select an item and click Check Stores and it shows you inventory at the other stores. I remember having trouble getting this to work at first for us but it works great for now. I think the butto...

Dimensional Inventory used in POP
I'd like to find an ISV that uses dimensions during the POP process to calculate total units. For example, prompt the end user for Length x Width, then calculate total units for the Purchase Order. I've been searching the ISV channel with no luck so far. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks -- Chris ...

Transferring from selling inventory to lease inventory
We both sell and lease items like refrigerators and ice machines and I've hit a problem managing this with RMS. When we receive new equipment, it all goes into our regular inventory (both physicaly and in RMS). If someone wants to lease a unit, we take one from our store, but I can't figure out how to handle this in RMS. The machine still belongs to us, but it is not available for sale. Looking to future issues, in three years, when the lease on the unit is up, we will either sell it to the customer or bring it back to our store and sell it as used. How would we bring this uni...

Inventory year-end closing messages
Got these messages during inventory year-end closing process: 1) An open operation on table 'IV_Reconcile_PO_TEMP' has an incorrect record length. 2) An open operation on table 'IV_Reconcile_PO_TEMP' failed because the path does not exist. The year-end process proceeded after clicking the OK button of each message but could there be any implications because of this? What might have caused this error? ...

Inventory Issue
Hi, I am trying to do an inventory report in a store operations Database. Under the premise that all the inventory transactions are in inventorytransferlog table and all the sales are in the [transaction] table I am seeing that there are discrepancies between this tables and the quantity that appears in the item table. My question is if there are another tables I have to use or if this means that there are an inconsistency in the inventory of RMS. Thks for yout time Rodrigo ...

Can't run Tools >Utilities >Inventory > change decimal places
I have one inventory that is set up to have quantities with 2 decimal places. I need to change it to 0 decimal places. When I try to run the running Tools >Utilities >Inverntory > change decimal places process, I get a message stating that the process can not be run while transactions are being edited. I'm running this on a dev box where I am the only person logged on. What do I need to do to get past this and run the process? Given that there is only one item to change, can I do it through the back end and update the necessary tables? -- Jim It could be that the ...

Off-line inventory
When you use the off-line inventory options to return items to main inventory how do you return just one item from a line. For example i have one item that has 3 units currently in the off-line inventory and i want to return just one of to main inventory. If i select the line and return to main it returns all 3 yet two them i wanted to stay off-line. Thanks Marc, There currently is no way to break out individual quantities to transfer back to main inventory. It may be best to change the process you use for moving them to offline inventory. This may be tedious, but you can enter the...

Inventory Turnover Report
I added OrderPointQty and OrderUpToLevel fields to the Inventory Turnover By Site. I entered the restriction with Item Master Locn code = Item Quantities Locn Code but the values in this field are incorrect with and without the restriction. Yet there are numbers in these fields but they show the number when "Initial Values" is selected, not the site. Also, why are the minimum and maximum fields on the Qty/Sites screen but the previous version of GP put these amounts in OrderPoint and OrderUpTo? I can't seem to find all the setup info I need in the User Guide, it doesn'...

Inventory Location
I have a table storing invenotry transaction in my warehouse. The 5 field names are: doc (document number), outloc (out_location), inloc (in_location), serial (item_serial), qty (quantity), recordtime (Recoard_date & time). I would like to make a querry that I can check the location & quantity of different items (serial). How can I do that? Thanks so much. Daryl QTY fields assumes you are rolling items up but the Item_Serial field indicates a discrete record per item. Which is it? Seems to me your need several tables instead of just one. --- doc (document number), outloc (ou...

Inventory Snapshot of All Stores for a Specific Day
We need a detailed report of all the items we had in inventory in all our stores as of March 31st. Is there any way to specify a date/date range in a snapshot or item value list report? Is there a special report we could create to display this information? Thank you for any help you may be willing to offer. Nope, You need to take the report on the day it is needed because all the info in reports is current. In order to back date you need to take a current report and adjust it with an item movement report between the date you are looking for and today. -- Jeff Faul Merchants Solu...

Outlook periodically points to DC instead of Exchange server
Hi, I have a strange issue that started recently. Outlook clients on the network will occasionally get the balloon that says "Outlook is retrieving data... from server SATSAD1.mydomain.com". The problem is that this server is only an Active Directory DC. My exchange server is SATSMAIL.mydomain.com. Any ideas why this would happen? It always correctly finds the exchange server eventually, but why would it THINK that the other server is the exchange server? Thanks! <stephen@stulz-ats.com> wrote in message news:1121949667.424275.157010@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > ...

COGS does not equal inventory relieved
In a few of our posted invoices, inventory relieved does not equal the COGS. I understand the inventory items have been set up correctly. One invoice shows negative $1.45 instead of positive $1.45. Does anyone have any suggestions? Can you give an example of one of these invoices with ALL the distributions? Like: Account Type Dr Cr AR RECV 107 Sales SALES 100 Inventory INV 50 COGS 50 Taxes Payable TAXES 7 Th...

daily sales summary info
I have a small clothing boutique that recently moved locations. We would like to know if our traffic has increased, and if our average sale has increased. Is there any way to access this information in a report? Paging through every day of Z reports is pretty tedious. MP There's a custom report you can download called "average sales by store". It's just summary data that you can filter by date ranges. It includes your average transaction $ amount, avg # of units/transaction, profit marging % and avg # transactions/day. Good luck. "MP" wrote: > I ha...

Excel inventory spreadsheet that does not work right.
I am using excel 2003. I have a excel spreadsheet that I have to realign my data each day. Can someone help with this issue. Hi You'll need to give more detail of what you have got, what takes it "out of realignment" etc. before anyone can help you. -- Regards Roger Govier "N2VIEW" <N2VIEW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1B9735DB-E280-4A56-9E00-541370FE8258@microsoft.com... > I am using excel 2003. I have a excel spreadsheet that I have to realign > my > data each day. Can someone help with this issue. Hi, so you are saying t...

how to build simple inventory system
can any one tell me how to build a simple inventory system for share bought and sold to reflect =cost of unsold shres either at averag price or at first in first out method and to reflect =the profit mad in each share?? a sample of data is attached herewith sureshbabu,chennai,indi +------------------------------------------------------------------- |Filename: share inventory.doc |Download: http://www.excelbanter.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=49 +------------------------------------------------------------------- -- sureshbabussb ...