Re-numbering the Dex Row Id in SOP30200

Hi,

Since I have upgraded to version 10.0 my document are showing in no specific
order in the SOP sales document inquiry windows.  It appear that the
migration is re-numbering the dex_row_id.  I would like to get it back the
way it was supposed before (by document number).  I was thinking of
re-numbering the dex_row_id with the foloowing SQL script.

Select * into SOP30200_backup from SOP30200

Alter table SOP30200_backup drop column DEX_ROW_ID

delete from SOP30200

Insert into SOP30200 select * from SOP30200_backup order by sopnumbe

Does anyone think that I could run into some problems down the road with that?

Thanks
0
Andre9488 (80)

Andre,

Upgrades will ALWAYS drop the DEX_ROW_ID column and you will find yourself
doing this after each one. It is not a good practice to have reports relay on
the this field. With that said, I don't see a reason for your query not to
work as long as you understand that sorting by SOPNUMBE alone may not
necessarily mean that all your invoice numbering will be contiguos. I would
suggest sorting by SOPNUMBE and SOPTYPE, but then again I don't know the
specifics.

Best regards,
--
MG.-
Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP

"andre" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Since I have upgraded to version 10.0 my document are showing in no specific
> order in the SOP sales document inquiry windows.  It appear that the
> migration is re-numbering the dex_row_id.  I would like to get it back the
> way it was supposed before (by document number).  I was thinking of
> re-numbering the dex_row_id with the foloowing SQL script.
>
> Select * into SOP30200_backup from SOP30200
>
> Alter table SOP30200_backup drop column DEX_ROW_ID
>
> delete from SOP30200
>
> Insert into SOP30200 select * from SOP30200_backup order by sopnumbe
>
> Does anyone think that I could run into some problems down the road with that?
>
> Thanks
0
MarianoGomez (3440)
10/20/2008 7:45:01 PM
Hi,

It is not for a report, it is for the "Sales Items" inquiry windows.  Many
peoples in our company use that windows to find out to who we sold recently a
specific item number.  Since we upgraded they are no specific order for
documents.  So at the end of the list we may have transaction from 2001.

I understant That I will have to redo it at the next migration (could
Microsoft when they rebuild the table in the migration make sure the document
are sorted by document number or date?).  I am quite sure this is causing
problems to others Dynamics GP users as well.

Thanks for your reply

"Mariano Gomez" wrote:

> Andre,
>
> Upgrades will ALWAYS drop the DEX_ROW_ID column and you will find yourself
> doing this after each one. It is not a good practice to have reports relay on
> the this field. With that said, I don't see a reason for your query not to
> work as long as you understand that sorting by SOPNUMBE alone may not
> necessarily mean that all your invoice numbering will be contiguos. I would
> suggest sorting by SOPNUMBE and SOPTYPE, but then again I don't know the
> specifics.
>
> Best regards,
> --
> MG.-
> Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> Maximum Global Business, LLC
> http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
>

> "andre" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Since I have upgraded to version 10.0 my document are showing in no specific
> > order in the SOP sales document inquiry windows.  It appear that the
> > migration is re-numbering the dex_row_id.  I would like to get it back the
> > way it was supposed before (by document number).  I was thinking of
> > re-numbering the dex_row_id with the foloowing SQL script.
> >
> > Select * into SOP30200_backup from SOP30200
> >
> > Alter table SOP30200_backup drop column DEX_ROW_ID
> >
> > delete from SOP30200
> >
> > Insert into SOP30200 select * from SOP30200_backup order by sopnumbe
> >
> > Does anyone think that I could run into some problems down the road with that?
> >
> > Thanks
0
Andre9488 (80)
10/20/2008 8:02:09 PM
Andre,

I hear what you say. I am not entirely sure in what particular order that
window loads, but will take a look and get back to you on an approach to your
problem. Most likely, you will need to apply some sort of customization.

Best regards,
--

"andre" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> It is not for a report, it is for the "Sales Items" inquiry windows.  Many
> peoples in our company use that windows to find out to who we sold recently a
> specific item number.  Since we upgraded they are no specific order for
> documents.  So at the end of the list we may have transaction from 2001.
>
> I understant That I will have to redo it at the next migration (could
> Microsoft when they rebuild the table in the migration make sure the document
> are sorted by document number or date?).  I am quite sure this is causing
> problems to others Dynamics GP users as well.
>
> Thanks for your reply
>

> "Mariano Gomez" wrote:
>
> > Andre,
> >
> > Upgrades will ALWAYS drop the DEX_ROW_ID column and you will find yourself
> > doing this after each one. It is not a good practice to have reports relay on
> > the this field. With that said, I don't see a reason for your query not to
> > work as long as you understand that sorting by SOPNUMBE alone may not
> > necessarily mean that all your invoice numbering will be contiguos. I would
> > suggest sorting by SOPNUMBE and SOPTYPE, but then again I don't know the
> > specifics.
> >
> > Best regards,
> > --
> > MG.-
> > Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> > Maximum Global Business, LLC
> > http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
> > The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com
> >

> > "andre" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Since I have upgraded to version 10.0 my document are showing in no specific
> > > order in the SOP sales document inquiry windows.  It appear that the
> > > migration is re-numbering the dex_row_id.  I would like to get it back the
> > > way it was supposed before (by document number).  I was thinking of
> > > re-numbering the dex_row_id with the foloowing SQL script.
> > >
> > > Select * into SOP30200_backup from SOP30200
> > >
> > > Alter table SOP30200_backup drop column DEX_ROW_ID
> > >
> > > delete from SOP30200
> > >
> > > Insert into SOP30200 select * from SOP30200_backup order by sopnumbe
> > >
> > > Does anyone think that I could run into some problems down the road with that?
> > >
> > > Thanks
0
MarianoGomez (3440)
10/20/2008 11:36:01 PM
Hi,

I have opened two topics by error, go see the other one just above.

Thanks

"Mariano Gomez" wrote:

> Andre,
>
> I hear what you say. I am not entirely sure in what particular order that
> window loads, but will take a look and get back to you on an approach to your
> problem. Most likely, you will need to apply some sort of customization.
>
> Best regards,
> --
> MG.-
> Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> Maximum Global Business, LLC
> http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
>

> "andre" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > It is not for a report, it is for the "Sales Items" inquiry windows.  Many
> > peoples in our company use that windows to find out to who we sold recently a
> > specific item number.  Since we upgraded they are no specific order for
> > documents.  So at the end of the list we may have transaction from 2001.
> >
> > I understant That I will have to redo it at the next migration (could
> > Microsoft when they rebuild the table in the migration make sure the document
> > are sorted by document number or date?).  I am quite sure this is causing
> > problems to others Dynamics GP users as well.
> >
> > Thanks for your reply
> >

> > "Mariano Gomez" wrote:
> >
> > > Andre,
> > >
> > > Upgrades will ALWAYS drop the DEX_ROW_ID column and you will find yourself
> > > doing this after each one. It is not a good practice to have reports relay on
> > > the this field. With that said, I don't see a reason for your query not to
> > > work as long as you understand that sorting by SOPNUMBE alone may not
> > > necessarily mean that all your invoice numbering will be contiguos. I would
> > > suggest sorting by SOPNUMBE and SOPTYPE, but then again I don't know the
> > > specifics.
> > >
> > > Best regards,
> > > --
> > > MG.-
> > > Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> > > Maximum Global Business, LLC
> > > http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
> > > The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com

0
Andre9488 (80)

How to stop excel replaceing numbers with the date?
One way is to precede the entry with an apostrophe ('). HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- > >. > If it is fractions, try preceding with 0 and then a space before the fraction. -- HTH Bob Phillips "Jamescowles" <Jamescowles@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:739C51F1-115C-4133-A27E-DB56300532EF@microsoft.com... > ...

Row Numbering
Sorry for newbie question... I want the top of my columns to be titles for my columns eg January, February etc then to have a space (eg a blank row) before the data entry begins. Excel is calling my titles as row 1, my blank space as row 2 and then my first line of data row 3. Can I tell it that the titles and blank space should not be counted as rows so that the first data is labeled as row 1 and not row 3? Thank you Excel's rows are numbered from the top row. You cannot change this numbering system. Row 3 is row 3 no matter what you place in rows 1 and 2 You w...

comparison similar rows in Excel
Hello, How (with Excel) I could compare rows with equal contents ? For example: row A: 1 1 1 row B: 1 0 0 row C: 1 1 1 row D: 1 0 0 row E: 0 0 0 attention: every value in row is in seperate column ! I'd like to create formula which for above exampel indicates: row A is equal to row C, row B = row D. Row D in the above exampel hasn't similiar row. In my work I have combination a few dozen rows and I must search out rows with equal contents in columns. However purpose of my work is analogous to above exampel. My work differ from the exampel number of the columns (in my 5,...

removing dashes from phone numbers
i have a column of phones numbers with the format 555-111-2222 and I want to remove the dashes so that they are 5551112222 so that I can use a vertical lookup. What's the easiest way to do this? =SUBSTITUTE(A1,"-","") HTH Jason Atlanta, GA "Brad" wrote: > i have a column of phones numbers with the format 555-111-2222 and I want to > remove the dashes so that they are 5551112222 so that I can use a vertical > lookup. What's the easiest way to do this? You can use Edit Find to open the find/replace window. Then find - and replace with no...

Re-arranging table using pivot-table?

Re-install Outlook 2002

Inserting new rows into sheet
I am using the following code to insert a new row onto my spreadsheet: Rows("5:5").Select Selection.Insert Shift:=xlDown, CopyOrigin:=xlFormatFromLeftOrAbove This code will insert a new row above the current row number 5, which is okay. My problem is that the new row has the same height and possibly dimensions and formatting of row 4. Can I basically tell Excel to insert a row of cells that are a default size or a size of my specification?? I dont want Excel to insert a row of cells that are the same dimensions of the above or below row. I realize that I co...

change scientific format of numbers
Hello, I'm trying to publish a paper to a scientific journal including graphs generated with Excel XP. When a log scale is used the journal format requires the scientific format of the axis numbers to be like 10^n (10 superscript the exponent number) rather than 1E+n as it is standard in Excel. Is there an easy way to change that format? Thanks, Gigi There is no way to do this with axis number - one of the weakness of Excel for scientific use. I expect you could fake it by using labels. How many graphs do you have? -- Bernard Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove CAPS in e-mail...

Re-Enable CRM User

RE:Excel will not open from a web link

convert letters to numbers
Whats the quickest way to convert letters to numbers, a = 1, b = 2, c = 3, .....z = 26. i.e. the cat sat on ............ would look like 20,8,5, 3,1,20, 19,1,20, 15,14, .................. so my child can convert "secret codes" with her friends. Prefer the numbers to be displayed above the letter. I can only think of excel to do this is this possible with Word? Thanks in advance Mike You can do it either in Excel or word. Getting the letter values is relatively easy using a for next loop, mid and asc functions. more difficult is the l...

Deleting blank rows
How can I quickly delete blank rows from a list I've imported to an Excel worksheet so that I can after order, filter the entire list? Joana Pretty quickly! Select a column which includes the blank rows. Click Edit/Go To/Special . . Blanks - and OK. Then Right click on your selection and click Delete . . . and select Entire Row. Or, you could sort on a column containing the blank rows and that would put them all together, for easy deletion. Andy. "Joana" <joana.fernandes@aceplus.pt> wrote in message news:0c6c01c37c53$74163c90$a401280a@phx.gbl... > How can I quickly...

Adding up negative numbers only
Ok, let me try to explain this problem. I have several cells a1 throug a10. Each cell has a number, for ex. $10.00, ($5.00),etc. , sometime this number is positive, sometimes it is negative. I want to only ad all of the negative numbers in cells a1:a10 and put a total in cel a11. How can I do this? Thanks Ton -- tonydep ----------------------------------------------------------------------- tonydepo's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1530 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26928 =SUMIF(A1:A10,"<0&quo...

Re: exmerge error

Continuous Numbering
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0019_01C44BEC.83ED0450 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable How does one invoke continuous numbering when there has been a break and = the numbering starts over again? Word has a drop down menu for this, = but I can't figure out how to do so in Publisher. Bill ------=_NextPart_000_0019_01C44BEC.83ED0450 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Tr...

shorten a number
How can I abbreviate a number from, for instance 6 figures, to 2 figures behind the comma Thanks in advance WTees schrieb: > How can I abbreviate a number from, for instance 6 figures, to 2 figures > behind the comma http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/427bttx3.aspx -- Armin ...

Loop through the column and Copy entire rows where CellValue>0
I need to loop through the column and Copy entire rows where CellValue>0 I get only one row. I will appreciate your help. Thank you Sub Macro3() ' ' Macro3 Macro ' Macro recorded 11/16/2004 by default ' ' Keyboard Shortcut: Ctrl+v Range(ActiveCell, ActiveCell.End(xlDown)).Select For Each Cell In Selection If Cell.Value > 0 Then ActiveCell.EntireRow.Select Selection.Copy Rows("8:14").Select ActiveSheet.Paste End If Next Cell End Sub You are probably copying each over the last paste. Try this. For Each Cell In Selection x=cells(row...

re re re ????
nefertiti ??? ...

format numbers
Hello, I use Office 2002 with Windows 2000 and I would like to use the format (500.00) when it is negative instead of the minus sign when writing numbers I do not have that option in the format cell, how come? My friend is using the same Office 2002 with Windows 2000 and she does have the brakets in her format. We both have the same Service Pack for Office and Windows. Thank you, Chris Hi she can simply enter the same format as custom format. she probably has different regional settings -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Chris wrote: > Hello, > > I use Office ...

calling Batch ID lookup in Payroll
I would like to know how to call UPR_Batch_ID_Lookup in payroll madule. Thanks in advance.. Thanks & regards vijay Hi Vijay, You would need to do the ff. 1. Use the "open form <FormName> return to <ReturnField>" 2. Optional. Set the 'Batch ID' of window UPR_Batch_ID_Lookup to the current return field value if you want the lookup to show 3. Set the 'UPR Batch Origin' of window UPR_Batch_ID_Lookup to either computer or manual (1 or 2) 4. Run the 'Redisplay Button' of window UPR_Batch_ID_Lookup Hope this helps. --Marvs This posting is...

Re:

How do I set end-of-range to #rows from beginning
Specifically, I am creating a chart that will have a breadth (# data points) based on a variable (value of a cell). Start point is always the same. For instance, a table is created based on a formula. The chart should stop when values in the table reach a certain value, but this could be 20 or 200 datapoints (20-200 rows). I know how many datapoints should be included, but not how to terminate the graph based on this number. I would prefer to do this without VBA, as I am not particularly proficient, but will if the only way. Hi, It would be nice to see some sample data, with a...