Raw Material Where USed Report??

When we running SBF, we had a Where USed report telling us where a particular
raw material was used(finished good assembly). We can't seem to find this
report in GP 10. We do have the BOM module.

Thanks,
Dick at VPI

Assuming you mean that you are utilizing the BOM feature from the
Manufacturing module (and not Inventory), then the "Where Used" functionality
is contained within the BOM Entry window (Cards >> Manufacturing >> Bill of
Materials).

Two radio buttons exist just above the pane at the bottom left of the window
where the BOM tree view appears.  One of them is "Bill of Material" while the
other one is "Where Used".  The window is a bit quirky in that you have to
select an existing BOM to "open" the radio buttons.  I usually just select
one of the left/right arrows at the bottom right to grab the first BOM.

Once you've done this, you can key a raw material item in the Item Number
field and then change the radio button to "Where Used".  This will show the
parent assembly for each subassembly or raw material keyed in the Item Number
field.

Hope this helps!

David

"Dick at VPI" wrote:

> When we running SBF, we had a Where USed report telling us where a particular
> raw material was used(finished good assembly). We can't seem to find this
> report in GP 10. We do have the BOM module.
>
> Thanks,
> Dick at VPI
I can't find that report either Dick.  I know that not all features in
SBF are available in GP (go figure!) so perhaps this is one that
isn't.  The Where Used David is referring to is for the Manufacturing
BOM, not the Inventory BOM, which are two different animals.

Frank Hamelly
MCP-GP, MCT, MVP
East Coast Dynamics
www.eastcoast-dynamics.com

get your GPtip42today at www.gp2themax.blogspot.com

0
Frank
8/3/2010 12:36:24 PM
thanks for the  replies. This was a very important report  to the owner of
the firm. He is going to be one unhappy camper if I have to tell him he paid
more for a "bigger" GP version and didn't even get a "where used" report..

"Frank Hamelly, MCP-GP, MCT, MVP" wrote:

> I can't find that report either Dick.  I know that not all features in
> SBF are available in GP (go figure!) so perhaps this is one that
> isn't.  The Where Used David is referring to is for the Manufacturing
> BOM, not the Inventory BOM, which are two different animals.
>
> Frank Hamelly
> MCP-GP, MCT, MVP
> East Coast Dynamics
> www.eastcoast-dynamics.com
>
> get your GPtip42today at www.gp2themax.blogspot.com
>

> .

I think that would be a pretty easy report to create in Crystal or
SSRS if you find it's not available otherwise.

Frank Hamelly
MCP-GP, MCT, MVP
East Coast Dynamics
www.eastcoast-dynamics.com

get your GPtip42today at www.gp2themax.blogspot.com

0
Frank
8/4/2010 12:47:28 PM
Can't you just go into Cards - MFG - Bill of Materials. find your item -
change the radio button to Where Used and then Print?

"Dick at VPI" wrote:

> thanks for the  replies. This was a very important report  to the owner of
> the firm. He is going to be one unhappy camper if I have to tell him he paid
> more for a "bigger" GP version and didn't even get a "where used" report..
>

> "Frank Hamelly, MCP-GP, MCT, MVP" wrote:
>
> > I can't find that report either Dick.  I know that not all features in
> > SBF are available in GP (go figure!) so perhaps this is one that
> > isn't.  The Where Used David is referring to is for the Manufacturing
> > BOM, not the Inventory BOM, which are two different animals.
> >
> > Frank Hamelly
> > MCP-GP, MCT, MVP
> > East Coast Dynamics
> > www.eastcoast-dynamics.com
> >
> > get your GPtip42today at www.gp2themax.blogspot.com
> >

> > .

WE do not have the manufacturing modules--only the Bill of MAterial for
Inventory. I finally located the report under Inventory/Reports/Setup..
Eotyher it came with Bill of MAterial Setup or it Came over from SBF..Which I
think is the case bvecause when I opened it, there were some previously
entered parmameter arguments..

film at 11

"Martink" wrote:

> Can't you just go into Cards - MFG - Bill of Materials. find your item -
> change the radio button to Where Used and then Print?
>
> "Dick at VPI" wrote:
>

> > thanks for the  replies. This was a very important report  to the owner of
> > the firm. He is going to be one unhappy camper if I have to tell him he paid
> > more for a "bigger" GP version and didn't even get a "where used" report..
> >

> > "Frank Hamelly, MCP-GP, MCT, MVP" wrote:
> >
> > > I can't find that report either Dick.  I know that not all features in
> > > SBF are available in GP (go figure!) so perhaps this is one that
> > > isn't.  The Where Used David is referring to is for the Manufacturing
> > > BOM, not the Inventory BOM, which are two different animals.
> > >
> > > Frank Hamelly
> > > MCP-GP, MCT, MVP
> > > East Coast Dynamics
> > > www.eastcoast-dynamics.com
> > >
> > > get your GPtip42today at www.gp2themax.blogspot.com
> > >

> > > .

I found the report in GP2010 as well.  This is a new install, not an
SBF migration.  Although the report doesn't appear in my system under
the Inventory Setup reports drop down list, it does appear if I choose
to list the reports using the navigation pane reports list.

I think the mystery is solved - the report is there - it's just tough
to find!

Thanks Dick.

Frank Hamelly
MCP-GP, MCT, MVP
East Coast Dynamics
www.eastcoast-dynamics.com

get your GPtip42today at www.gp2themax.blogspot.com

0
Frank

Report error -- CRM 3.0
Hi I have done some modification on MSCRM database in order to change the Business Unit information. I have modified several tables regarding this matter, but I haven’t done any modification the ReportServer database. Everything works fine except that it is not possible now to access the reports within the CRM application I am able to access the ReportServer and explore all MS CRM 3.0 standard reports by using the URL: http://server-name/reportserver But CRM application can not access the ReportServer, furthermore when I try to access System Sitting --> Report Categories, I get thi...

Reporting raw data asthetically
How do I convert raw data into a sensible report? The information is entered with each row representing a project and all the relavent data. The columns are the categories of data (such as client name, project name, due date, etc.) I want to report a list of all the projects rearranging the data so it prints in A4 format with each job as several lines enclosed by a border with about four categories per line with relavent information for each project. I tried laying out the report on a second sheet and using formulas to capture the data, but it is skipping several rows of data using rela...

How do I insert OLE objects attached to a form in a report?
I need to insert a particular photo (OLE object) with a particular item in a report. I have attached the photo in the form correctly, but cannot figure out how to get it on the report. Help! If you are using an OLE field for your photos in your actual table so that they are stored in your databse then you just add a Bound Image control to your report from the Toolbox and change the Control Source to your OLE field. If you want to store your photos in a separate foldet then: In your table add an ImagePath field which contains the file path to your image and an ImageName field which conta...

system shutdown after using money2002
my system keeps shutting down after using money2002. it's not immediate but happens after a while of using money2002. i am using xp pro. anyone experience this also? ...

FILE TRANSFER USING MFC CAsyncSocket::OnAccept()
Hello I am new to VC++. For a project I am working on, I need to implement a file transfer application, a chat application and a file retrieve from remote device ..... this is something like microsoft net meeting . if anyone has implemented these , kindly let us know how did u go about it. Will CAsynchSocket class work for File Transfer..as our application uses it , and it is not working! There is a problem in the CASyncSocket::OnAccept() function, it is not being called internally Akanksha I have Used a LoopBack address as running client server on same machine ...

Using ACS Lab Template on MacBook Pro
I am a Chemistry major at Texas A&M and for my Chem 234 lab (section half of organic for majors), we are required to download the ACS lab template at http://pubs.acs.org/page/orlef7/submission/orlef7_templates.html so I downloaded it and though some of the macros and toolbars do not work properly, it is definitely a good template. The problem is, when I first begin my lab report on the template and save the first couple times, it saves without any problem. When I am about done with my report, I go to save it and a window pops up sayng "the disk is full trying to write to '...

Access Wizard no longer works
On our school system, when trying to use any of the Wizard functions nothing happens. When we click on the "Create form by using wizard" button nothing happens. The forms etc can be created using the Design View, then using the properties button I can choose the relevant table if need be. One or two of the 200+ pc's around the school still have the wizard, but we need them all operational. Can anyone provide assistance? Do we need to do a complete re-install over the network? Many thanks I would guess something went south with those installations. You could try a repair on...

Automate mailbox size report.
Hey all, I'm looking for a way to automate a report in Exchange 2003 so that once a month the CIO can see the size of all the mailboxes in the org. Any thoughts? I looked on Technet's Script center for an ADSI script to do this, but didn't find anything. Thoughts? Not sure if this helps... But I know that if you set up Monitoring in 2003 that I get a report that gives me mailbox size, amount of incoming and outgoing mail for each individual account, and so on. Mine is defaulted at 14days and is some very useful information. Though I am not positive that you can just send...

Delete a rectangle using a macro
I'm trying to delete rectangles from 170 worksheets in a workbook. I tried highlighting each worksheet and it won't allow me to make the change. I tried recording a macro to perform the function, but there is an error message that says the rectangle is not found. Does anyone know how to change this statement to have the macro run? ActiveSheet.Shapes("Rectangle 4").Select Selection.Characters.Text = _ This deletes all the rectangles in the active workbook. Sub DelRects() Dim WS As Worksheet For Each WS In Worksheets WS.Rectangles.Delete Next End...

Which property should I use for a "safe" settings file storage?
I would like to know from which property do I get the path to a safe file storage area for my application, safe as in it will work for any version of Windows without any default Windows security form the newer OSs screaming bloody murder. I will need read/write access to the file I put there as my program is run. "trant" <trant@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E6262593-03C7-4F85-800C-52E387679A1E@microsoft.com... >I would like to know from which property do I get the path to a safe file > storage area for my application, safe as in it wil...

find a date in a raw
hi from italy, i have i raw like this a1 a2 a3 74 Bill 18/06/2005 100 12/06/2005 example 13/07/2005 Tom doc how have in cells a4 the date of the raw ?? so i want 18/06/2005 12/06/2005 13/07/2005 TIA Eureka ! the function Max do it ! Ciao ! ...

How do I create a .mp3 audio streamfrom raw audio data?
How do I create a .mp3 audio stream from raw audio data? My program receives raw audio. One channel with 8000 samples per second. I know how to create .wav files. What I want to do is to use a different format, perhaps .mp3. I then want to stream this to an audio player so that I can hear the audio. I am hoping to hear it 2 or 3 seconds behind real time. My first step is to create a stream in .mp3 format. HOW DO I DO THIS? I looked in www.codeproject.com and searched on ".mp3". I looked though the 70 or so hits. I did not see what I needed. Ultimately I'd like to have a...

We can all use it! Gift of money!
Ok so here goes! This systems has been featured on Oprah, Tonight Show, Dateline, and many other television shows as one of the easiest and fastest ways to circulate money around the globe. It is proven to work and can be done. All you have to ask yourself is one simple question! "Could I use some extra cash right now?" If you answer no you are most likely lying to yourself due to the fact that everybody in the world could use some spare change to help better their lives.. Of course there is never a such thing as free money in this world, everything has a price tag on it. ...

Macro using Data Form
Hi I want to create a macro to allow users to enter data using data form. Having set up my worksheet I have selected column headings. I then sedlect Data > Form, at which point I get an annoying message up saying that Excel doesn't kn ow which rows to use as headings. I can click Ok to go pastg it, but is there anyway to inhibit the message in the first place? if I select column headings, plus firfst row of data, I dont have a problem, but then the data form comes up with the first row of data in form - which I dont want. Thanks A Didn't the followup to the other thread ...

What is Transaction Matching in G/L used for?
Can anyone give me some examples of why you would use the Transaction Matching feature in G/L? I've read through the training materials but they don't explain why it would be useful. -- Bud Cool, Accounting System Manager HDA, Inc. Hazelwood, MO GP 9.0, SP2 In our Confessions manual, Chapter IV-Page 15, Transaction Matching is explained this way.... Say there is a transaction for the sale of real estate. There are several GL postings for the transaction for such items as attorney fees, advertising, improvements to make the property more attractive to a buyer, taxes and clo...

report chart
I tried to create a report chart base on my query result. I have my date on the x and my active code on y. The area chart does not show from my data and always get same chart. Any configuration I need to do? I follow the chart wizard. Please let me know if I am wrong, Are you suggesting when you preview or print the report, you don't see your data? If so, what data do you see? -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP If I have helped you, please help me by donating to UCP http://www.access.hookom.net/UCP/Default.htm "Souris" wrote: > I tried to create a report chart ba...

Which material is best to learn
Hi, I am really interested in getting to know Excel really well. What books, learning centers... would you say is best. I basically have one time funding so I don't care how much it costs. thanks Ivano That's a broad question as there are so many aspect to Excel. Charting, Formulas, VBA, etc, etc and so many levels to start at. If money is no object (That's so unusual), you would of course do best to have a one-to-one teacher, but that often isn't the best. There are several good books on the subject and many MVPs have written them. Try John Walkenbach, Rob Bovey, ...

Outlook 2002 crashes when using IMAP stuck in loop
I've been using Outlook 2002 with IMAP for some time now. Yesterday, I began receiving a message upon starting up Outlook: "Microsoft Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." The error message is as follows: AppName: outlook.exe AppVer: 10.0.2627.1 ModName: kernel32.dll ModVer: 5.1.2600.1106 Offset: 0001a669 Sometimes if I enter in "Work offline" mode and then check messages I get the following: AppName: outlook.exe AppVer: 10.0.2627.1 ModName: pstprx32.dll ModVer: 10.0.2625.0 Offset: 00005528 I am al...

Raw Data
i am new to microsoft excel. i want to practice pivot tables & charts etc Is there any site available from where i can download raw data and experiment with it to get more understanding on how excel works ? thanks, i hope i am making sense There are instructions and a sample file on the Microsoft web site: http://office.microsoft.com/en-ca/assistance/HA010346331033.aspx And Jon Peltier has other links listed here: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Pivots/pivotstart.htm Mind-Strong wrote: > i am new to microsoft excel. i want to practice pivot tables & charts > etc >...

Reporting on Responses to Campaign Activities
I am trying to find a way to use a Campaign Performance report to run the following report with the following conditions: How many new contacts were created as a response of them filling out a form in several monthly journals (campaign activities, in CRM terms). Forms have codes to help track the issues. No sale process is involved. Basically, I would like to include a sub-report in the Response channel section (Journal1, Journal2, Journal3) that will group new contacts created as their response to a particular activity (Journal1 January 2007). Adding a customizable filter (Pick your ac...

set up flat border using OnNCPaint
Hi, In our project some developer set up control border using OnNCPaint like below. MyControl::OnNCPaint() { //ignore this message so we wont have the 3d border return; } However the problem comes in when my listbox has enough items to need a scrollbar, the scrollbar area is showed up as grey since this area is consider non client area. Is there any better solution for this? Thanks, Try removing the border style entirely. Then surround it with a black frame control. joe On 26 Sep 2005 07:27:37 -0700, junchi.tang@gmail.com wrote: >Hi, >In our project some develo...

How to Use Contacts File?
I want to forward an existing e-mail to someone for whom I have a contact file. When I click on the "open book" icon next to the "To" box, the "Select Names" menu lists "Personal Address Book." But I want to use the Contacts file and must select it from under "Outlook Address Book" in the menu's drop-down list. How can I get Contacts to appear as the default choice in the "Show names from the" box? I've tried changing the choices in the "Mail" control panel, but this just allows me to alternate between "P...

How to use schema validate xml file?
I have created my schema format(xxx.xsd) for my xml files, but how can I use it validate my xml files? "Knighterrant" <knighterrant@mop.com> wrote in message news:O5o9lmTrFHA.3264@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... >I have created my schema format(xxx.xsd) for my xml files, but how can I >use it validate my xml files? private void Validate(string path) { XmlValidatingReader valReader = null; try { valReader = new XmlValueLengthValidatingReader(new StreamReader(path)); valReader.ValidationType = ValidationType.Schema; // to validate according to schema, not defined in xml file ...

How to use _Spwanl
I want to use _spawnal command to execute some system command in MFC VC++6.0,but failed the samples as followin int ret= _spawnl( _P_WAIT, "dir","dir","*.*",">>","aaa",NULL ) the result ret=-1;Why? But if i use system("dir *.* >> aaa"); it can be done well,but the msdos windows will be popup who can teach me how to got the output to aaa,but no msdos window popup? Basically by ignoring its existence. Use CreateProcess. Better still, for something as simple as doing a directory command, use FindFirstFile and FindNextFile ...

I am unable to use some of the Quick Publications
I am using XP and Publisher 2000. When I try to open some of the Quick Publications and use the wizard I can see the selected item flash on the screen then it defaults to a blank sheet and the following message appears. Publisher cannot complete the operation I have tried the detect and repair procedure several times now and still cannot get to the available publications. The following article addresses the Clip Gallery, it also has information about the Pubwiz Folder. It wouldn't hurt to replace the Pubwiz, follow the instructions in the article. PUB2000: Error Messa...