Quick print - error - cannot open macro file

I understand that the settings are stored in Dex.INI.  All users have
read/write access to this file - however we can only use Quick Print if the
Adminstrator is logged into Windows.  It must be a security issue however
don't know where else to look.

Any clues anyone?

Catherine,
Can you give full access to the Great Plains directory to your users.

Gerald

"Catherine the Brit" wrote:

> I understand that the settings are stored in Dex.INI.  All users have
> read/write access to this file - however we can only use Quick Print if the
> Adminstrator is logged into Windows.  It must be a security issue however
> don't know where else to look.
>
> Any clues anyone?

Gerald (227)
8/4/2006 6:30:02 PM
Gerald is on the right track.  To confirm this is the issue, log on to the
workstation/network with the administrator password.  Then log into GP with
the users id/password.  If you can use Quick Print, it is a user rights to
the workstation/folder issue.

--
Richard L. Whaley
Author / Consultant / MVP

"Gerald" wrote:

> Catherine,
> Can you give full access to the Great Plains directory to your users.
>
> Gerald
>
> "Catherine the Brit" wrote:
>
> > I understand that the settings are stored in Dex.INI.  All users have
> > read/write access to this file - however we can only use Quick Print if the
> > Adminstrator is logged into Windows.  It must be a security issue however
> > don't know where else to look.
> >
> > Any clues anyone?

info4071 (3004)
8/6/2006 5:35:01 PM
From what I reminder, the quick print needs to create a file in the
Application folder.
If your users do not have privilege to create a file, then the Quick Print
wont function.

The file created is a dexterity macro file.

------
Robert

"Richard L. Whaley MVP" <info@AccoladePublications.com> wrote in message
> Gerald is on the right track.  To confirm this is the issue, log on to the
> workstation/network with the administrator password.  Then log into GP
> with
> the users id/password.  If you can use Quick Print, it is a user rights to
> the workstation/folder issue.
>
> --
> Richard L. Whaley
> Author / Consultant / MVP
> http://www.AccoladePublications.com
> Documentation for Software Users
>

> "Gerald" wrote:
>
>> Catherine,
>> Can you give full access to the Great Plains directory to your users.
>>
>> Gerald
>>
>> "Catherine the Brit" wrote:
>>
>> > I understand that the settings are stored in Dex.INI.  All users have
>> > read/write access to this file - however we can only use Quick Print if
>> > the
>> > Adminstrator is logged into Windows.  It must be a security issue
>> > however
>> > don't know where else to look.
>> >
>> > Any clues anyone?

Robert

printing address book
How do you print the address book? Thank you. Open the contact folder-File->Print. Select your preferred style of print. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Lance Gardner asked: | How do you print the address book? Thank you. ...

Refresh on Open
Can i get a worksheet to refresh after a set amount of time or as i opens. or both advice please Cheers Andy i have also posted this on 'also posted here (http://www.ozgrid.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=7612 ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com Sorted used this link to complete http://www.ozgrid.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=7612 thank ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and pos...

Copying certain column information quickly
As you know in Excel you could quickly copy the information you needed with a drag of the mouse. Because I need information copied repeatedly and easily for my access unfirmiliar co workers. Example JOB CUSTOMER QUOTE # A B1 110701 A(copied) A2 110701 (copied) A(copied) C4 110701 (copied) How do I do this quickly and efficiently for the computer challenged. Sorry, Access is a database, not a spreadsheet, and can't be used like one. You can write some code to select the rows that you want to ...

Macro to highlight every 2nd row
Hi, I am trying to work out how to write a macro so that it takes my data range and highlights every second row in a certain colour. if my data is in the range A2:K31, then i want the macro to run so it selects A3:K3 and highlights that in yellow, then skip down two rows and highlights A5:K5 in yellow and so on until there is no more data in the cells (ie. Row 31). the code I have so far is this, but it only highlights every second cell in column A and does NOT extend out to column K... Sub NEWY() Range("A2:K2").Select Do Until ActiveCell.Value = Empty ...

data validation from other file.
i want to use data validation from other file. Like i have created a master.xls file & want to use data validation in other file where i can pickup product code from master.xls file. i don't want to use vlookup. please help me. Thanks in Advance Shital Shital Debra Dalgleish has instructions for this at.... http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlDataVal05.html Gord Dibben XL2002 On Wed, 5 Nov 2003 03:28:01 -0800, "shital" <shahshital@rediffmail.com> wrote: >i want to use data validation from other file. > >Like i have created a master.xls file & want t...

Jana Professional 99
I recently updated from Office 97 to Office XP Professional. I have exported my Jana Database & I can opening Presentations & Excel, but get an error when trying to open Word documents. Any suggestions? You would have better luck posting this in the office forum :p >-----Original Message----- >I recently updated from Office 97 to Office XP >Professional. I have exported my Jana Database & I can >opening Presentations & Excel, but get an error when >trying to open Word documents. Any suggestions? >. > ...

4 per page postcards merge print problmes
Ok, I got it to work, that is I was able to create a VERY STANDARD postcard, 4 per page and merge with an excel data base. But I had to print directly to a printer to get the results. I was not even able to print to a PDF file so I could proof, it would only do 4 records at a time then stop. I find it hard to believe, such a BASIC use of Publisher, has such a HUGE bug in the program. Am I missing something? I plan on doing a lot of this type of merge/print in the future. Should I look for another solution, another program or has someone figured this out or does Microsoft have a sol...

Print + 1
I would the number in cell "a3" to increase by 1 for each page printed. In addition, it should also save the last number to continue the next time I open the file. Thx ...

Quick help with excel formula
Ok, i need a forumla. this is what I want, i have two columns like this Time Start: ............. Time Finish: ............ I fill out these two columns like this Time Start: ...17:42... Time Finish: ...18:25.. Now i have another Column that says Training Length: ........ I want this to work out the time between 17:42 and 18:25 Any one help pleas -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi simply =A2-A1 and format as time If your training time can span midnight use the formula =A2-A1+(A2<A1) >-----Original Message----- >Ok, i need a forumla. > >this is what ...

pics don't auto-print using rules.
Outlook 2002 on XP. I have a rule set up to automatically print emails that arrive with certain words in the subject. Works fine except some of the emails contain inserted pictures (digital camera pics of out of state facility) and the pics print as little icons instead of the actual picture. The pictures look fine in the preview pane and when I open the emails. The emails also print fine with all the pictures if I do a manual print. The only thing that DOESN'T work is the auto-rule-printing of the email with pics. We've tried different pic formats too. Jpg, bmp and gif. All pr...

Printing Merge
Im using Pub 2003. I have a 20 page report that I use the merge function on. Sometimes I'll make a mistake I find after printing and correct the problem. I can I print just one of the twenty pages in a merge? mandero wrote: > Im using Pub 2003. I have a 20 page report that I use the > merge function on. Sometimes I'll make a mistake I find > after printing and correct the problem. I can I print > just one of the twenty pages in a merge? ================================= On your "Print" screen...you'll see... Print Range... If you tick...Pa...

Print Titles Disabled
The "Print Titles" option on the "Page Setup" - "Sheet" tab are disabled, or "greyed out" in my Excel version 2002-SP2. Anyone know why? They're disable if you try to get to them via print preview. But File|page setup should work ok. AlbemarleMike wrote: > > The "Print Titles" option on the "Page Setup" - "Sheet" tab are disabled, or > "greyed out" in my Excel version 2002-SP2. Anyone know why? -- Dave Peterson ec35720@netscape.com Also disabled if two or more sheets are selected(grouped). ...

I can't copy/open my .pst file
I have tried copying my .pst file onto the hard drive but I get the following error message: Data error (cyclic redundancy check) Also, when I right-click the file and get to the Read-Only box, I can uncheck it, but when I try to "apply" or "ok" the change, it says access denied. What else can I try? In news:371A7C91-6732-416B-940B-09EE71733A83@microsoft.com, Sylvia <Sylvia@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > I have tried copying my .pst file onto the hard drive but I get the > following error message: > > Data error (cyclic redundancy check) >...

Outlook Won't open #3
My outlook won't fully open...the hour glass just keeps running...I did reinstall several times with same problem...what's wrong? You might want to check your connection to the exchange server. >-----Original Message----- >My outlook won't fully open...the hour glass just keeps >running...I did reinstall several times with same >problem...what's wrong? >. > I had the same problem today AFTER I downloaded the latest security update. I'm using XP and restored to last Friday and Outlook now opens. As usual, the patches sometimes cause a problem. Tr...

Printing Problem #2
Hallo All I am getting a problem in font size while printing. Font Size in Print and Print Preview is larger than it should be. i m doing something like this in OnDraw() nLogX = pDC->GetDeviceCaps(LOGPIXELSX); //get client area GetClientRect(&rectClient); lfTemp.lfHeight = -MulDiv(nFontSize, nLogX, 72); //create font hTmpFont = CreateFontIndirect(&lfTemp); pOldFont = (CFont*) SelectObject(*pDC, hTmpFont); //draw text DrawTextW(pDC->m_hDC, pWideChar, wcslen(pWideChar), &rectClient, DT_LEFT | DT_WORDBREAK | DT_CALCRECT); DrawTextW(pDC->m_hDC, pWideChar, wcs...

How to open a folder shortcut in same WinExplorer?
Assume I create a shortcut to a folder in WInExplorer. When I click now on this shortcut a NEW WinExplorer window is opened which displays the content of the taregt folder. How can I achieve that the target folder is opened in the SAME WinExplorer window? Cindy Clicking on that folder shortcut from within Windows Explorer should switch to that folder. Unless you have set Open each folder in it's own window in Folder Options. Cindy Parker wrote: > Assume I create a shortcut to a folder in WInExplorer. > > When I click now on this shortcut a NEW WinExplore...

Cannot open Hotmail in IE
I used to access my mail through www.hotmail.com before I installed OL2003. Ever since I have installed OL2003 I cannot login into www.hotmail.com. The hotmail.com site opens and allows me to enter my email and password but once I click sign-in it just gives me a blank screen. Is there a setting that will allow me to do this in Outlook as well as IE? ...

Print just the list after performing a "find all" in Excel
I am working with a gigantic Excel workbook. I've used "find all" to locate a name in the entire workbook. It returns a list of 100 rows contained in 3 different worksheets. All I want is that list. Can I print just the list? ...

How do I right-click print from Open documents list?
This is the specific problem Excel 2003 files will not print from the shortcut (right-click) menu. I.E., opened Excel, Ctrl+O, chose document, right-click,"print" You can print from Word using this method after clicking through an error message, but it will not work with Excel. ...

how to print objects on the background?
I have placed an object on the background and am trying to print it. aaannnnddddd...what happens when you push the print button? "fbcwhite" <fbcwhite@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2573000F-7165-4B6C-9855-894FFEDE3099@microsoft.com... |I have placed an object on the background and am trying to print it. ...

VBA MACRO Emergency!!!!
My spreadsheet has hundreds of rows with blank rows in between. The only way I know that I am at the end of the data is to find 20 consecutive blank rows. Example below. I need to evaluate row, if this is not the last row then proceed with my other logic so forth and so on. If it is the last row, I need to return to A7 and proceed with my other logic. A 1.XXXXXXXX 2. 3.XXXXXXXX 4.XXXXXXXX 5.XXXXXXXX 6. 7. 8. 9.XXXXXXXX 10.XXXXXXXX 11-20 are blank Thanks in advance OS The easiest way to find your end of data is : LastRow = [A65000].End(xlUp).Row Regards. Daniel > My spread...

using form's OpenReport to open report with multiple subreports
Morning, I'm still fairly new to all this stuff so bare with me :). I've looked around and found lots of great help on this site before, but nothing that specifically addresses the problem I seem to be having now. I'll try to be specific - so apologies if I get a little wordy: I have an unbound form that contains an unbound combo box and two unbound text boxes. The user can select a name (RepID) from the combo box, enter a start and end date into the two text boxes (DateCompleted) and click a refresh button. All the necessary information is then displayed in 2 subforms (subforms a...

Printing From Print Preview
I posted the following question earlier but left off what might be a critical problem. Normally the Print Preview window gives the user the option of printing or canceling. When using the code below, these options aren't available for the user and the only way out is to tap the ESC key. My original question is: I use the XP version of Excel and have macros that ran fine. Some of the people I work with have upgraded to Vista and can't print from the Print Preview menu that is in the VBA code. The line I use is: Selection.PrintOut Copies:=1, PREVIEW:=True Afterw...

Quick Question
I have been using Office 2007 and OneNote for some time now and have recently set up the 2010 Beta on a second system. In the 2007 version there was a way to repair office if things went flaqky. How do I do that in Office 2010? Michael On Tue, 8 Dec 2009 23:59:26 +0000 (UTC), Rev. Michael L. Burns <sdbpastor@charter.bet> wrote: > >I have been using Office 2007 and OneNote for some time now and have recently >set up the 2010 Beta on a second system. In the 2007 version there was a >way to repair office if things went flaqky. How do I do that in Office 2...

alert me when saving to temporary file from email
I have lost countless pieces of University work using various versions of Microsoft Word/Excel, by accidently 'saving' documents I have downloaded from an email instead of 'saving as'. When I go to exit these documents, I would appreciate an alert: "This document is only saved to a temporary file. Do you want to save this file to your computer now?" This would be very similar to the normal 'do you want save?' alerts when a document has not previously been saved at all. It would save me a lot of time re-doing hours spent on my coursework haha...