Query by receivables payment to show how applied

I'd like to construct a query to show how receivables payments were applied.
Basically it needs to do the same thing as the Apply to Debits window (which
doesn't have a print option).  Since payments could be in either the open or
history tables, how can I query against both in a single query?  Thanks.
--
Jim@TurboChef
0

------=_NextPart_0001_137F2AE4

Hello Jim,

I understand you want a report that is equivalent to the Applied to
Debit window.  Unfortunately, there is not currently a report or
SmartList that has this information.  You would need to use the
RM20101, RM20201, RM30101, and RM30201 but I am not sure that you
would be able to link all of these tables together without receiving
duplicates since you would be using the apply tables from open and
history.

The closest report we have with this type of information is the
Statements however this uses temp tables and procedures to pull the
applicable data.  I recommend that you enter this request as a
Product Suggestion.  You can do this at the following address:
https://mbs.microsoft.com/partnersource/productfeedback/

Please let me know if you have further questions.

Best Regards,

Kim

Microsoft Online Support Engineer

PLEASE NOTE:  The partner managed newsgroups are provided to assist
with break/fix

issues and simple how to questions.

We also love to hear your product feedback!

Let us know what you think by posting

  from the web interface: Partner Feedback

  from your newsreader:
microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback.

We look forward to hearing from you!

so that others

may learn and benefit from this issue.

rights.

--------------------
From: =?Utf-8?B?SmltQFR1cmJvQ2hlZg==?= <jim.harris@turbochef.com>
Subject: Query by receivables payment to show how applied
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 13:34:01 -0700
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.greatplains

I'd like to construct a query to show how receivables payments were
applied.
Basically it needs to do the same thing as the Apply to Debits window
(which
doesn't have a print option).  Since payments could be in either the
open or
history tables, how can I query against both in a single query?
Thanks.
--
Jim@TurboChef

------=_NextPart_0001_137F2AE4

\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 Hello Jim,
\par
\par I understand you want a report that is equivalent to the Applied to Debit window.  Unfortunately, there is not currently a report or SmartList that has this information.  You would need to use the RM20101, RM20201, RM30101, and RM30201 but I am not sure that you would be able to link all of these tables together without receiving duplicates since you would be using the apply tables from open and history.
\par
\par The closest report we have with this type of information is the Statements however this uses temp tables and procedures to pull the applicable data.  I recommend that you enter this request as a Product Suggestion.  You can do this at the following address:
\par https://mbs.microsoft.com/partnersource/productfeedback/
\par
\par Please let me know if you have further questions.
\par
\par Best Regards,
\par
\par Kim
\par
\par Microsoft Online Support Engineer
\par
\par
\par PLEASE NOTE:  The partner managed newsgroups are provided to assist with break/fix
\par
\par issues and simple how to questions.
\par
\par We also love to hear your product feedback!
\par
\par Let us know what you think by posting
\par
\par   from the web interface: Partner Feedback
\par
\par   from your newsreader:  microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback.
\par
\par We look forward to hearing from you!
\par
\par
\par When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so that others
\par
\par may learn and benefit from this issue.
\par
\par
\par
\par
\par \pard\li720 --------------------
\par Thread-Topic: Query by receivables payment to show how applied
\par thread-index: AcaZX9wD5d8K2YXSSMO/7CGqEmzucA==
\par X-WBNR-Posting-Host: 207.59.211.138
\par From: =?Utf-8?B?SmltQFR1cmJvQ2hlZg==?= <jim.harris@turbochef.com>
\par Subject: Query by receivables payment to show how applied
\par Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 13:34:01 -0700
\par Lines: 6
\par Message-ID: <45698900-CA50-4F64-BDE7-EA7DA2FF48E0@microsoft.com>
\par MIME-Version: 1.0
\par Content-Type: text/plain;
\par \tab charset="Utf-8"
\par Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
\par X-Newsreader: Microsoft CDO for Windows 2000
\par Content-Class: urn:content-classes:message
\par Importance: normal
\par Priority: normal
\par X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.3790.1830
\par Newsgroups: microsoft.public.greatplains
\par Path: TK2MSFTNGXA01.phx.gbl
\par Xref: TK2MSFTNGXA01.phx.gbl microsoft.public.greatplains:31219
\par NNTP-Posting-Host: TK2MSFTNGXA01.phx.gbl 10.40.2.250
\par X-Tomcat-NG: microsoft.public.greatplains
\par
\par I'd like to construct a query to show how receivables payments were applied.
\par Basically it needs to do the same thing as the Apply to Debits window (which
\par doesn't have a print option).  Since payments could be in either the open or
\par history tables, how can I query against both in a single query?  Thanks.
\par --
\par Jim@TurboChef
\par \pard
\par
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_137F2AE4--

0
kimbjohn (9)
6/28/2006 7:11:34 PM
------=_NextPart_0001_1E5314E0

Hi Jim -

Checking in to see if there is anything else we can do for you on this
topic.
Please post again at your convenience and we will be here for you.

Have a great week!

Jan Smith

Microsoft Online Support Engineer

PLEASE NOTE:  The partner managed newsgroups are provided

to assist with break/fix issues and simple how to questions.

We also love to hear your product feedback!

Let us know what you think by posting

    from the web interface: Partner Feedback

    from your newsreader:  microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback.

We look forward to hearing from you!

------=_NextPart_0001_1E5314E0

\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 Hi Jim -
\par
\par Checking in to see if there is anything else we can do for you on this topic.
\par Please post again at your convenience and we will be here for you.
\par
\par Have a great week!
\par
\par
\par
\par Jan Smith
\par
\par Microsoft Online Support Engineer
\par
\par
\par
\par
\par ==============================================
\par
\par PLEASE NOTE:  The partner managed newsgroups are provided
\par
\par to assist with break/fix issues and simple how to questions.
\par
\par
\par
\par We also love to hear your product feedback!
\par
\par Let us know what you think by posting
\par
\par     from the web interface: Partner Feedback
\par
\par     from your newsreader:  microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback.
\par
\par We look forward to hearing from you!
\par
\par
\par When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader
\par
\par so that others may learn and benefit from this issue.
\par
\par
\par
\par
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_1E5314E0--

0
jsmit (219)
6/30/2006 9:39:08 PM
------=_NextPart_0001_3776827B

Hello Jim,

Anything else we can do for you here on this query?

Please post back at your convenience and we will be here for you.
Thanks again for using the partner newsgroups!

Have a great week!

Sonia Lemke

Microsoft Online Support Engineer

PLEASE NOTE:  The partner managed newsgroups are provided

to assist with break/fix issues and simple how to questions.

We also love to hear your product feedback!

Let us know what you think by posting

    from the web interface: Partner Feedback

    from your newsreader:  microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback.

We look forward to hearing from you!

------=_NextPart_0001_3776827B

\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 Hello Jim,
\par
\par Anything else we can do for you here on this query?
\par
\par Please post back at your convenience and we will be here for you.
\par Thanks again for using the partner newsgroups!
\par
\par Have a great week!
\par
\par
\par
\par Sonia Lemke
[...]
------=_NextPart_0001_3776827B--

0
sonial (92)

Clear all transactions from Receivable and Payables
I am using GP 7.5. I need to clear all of the open transactions from the Receivables and Payables subsidiary ledgers. Can someone tell me on how to do that without having to void each and every transaction? -- Elisabeth The easiest way to do this would be to go file > maintenace > Sql (must be logged in as sa), choose your database, then select any PM and RM table that contains Work, History OPen, Distribution and Keys Table. Mark Drop and Create Table. This will drop the table, then recreate it with nothing in it. (running clear data within GP takes hours to run, this is qu...

show select records in report
Shows every record: Private Sub Report_Open(Cancel As Integer) Dim stDocName As String Dim strInvoicing As String Dim strSites As String strInvoicing = "InvPercent" strSites = "Base List.Subform!SiteComplete" Shows one page of report but fields are blank.... Private Sub Report_Open(Cancel As Integer) Dim stDocName As String Dim strInvoicing As String Dim strSites As String strInvoicing = "InvPercent" strSites = "Base List.Subform!SiteComplete" stDocName = "Open Projects&...

Timer for Queries?

Proper way to clean up Received / Not Invoiced report
We have some very, very old records on our received / not invoiced report and would like to clean them up in the database. Is there a proper - SQL procedure to removing these records so that they no longer appear on the report? Thanks! Bryan Bryan, The RNI report reflects the shipment/invoice receipt records in your POP tables. You can't really 'clean up' the report. The records themselves need to be cleaned up. Apparently you have some old shipment receipts which never had invoice receipts matched against them. The best way to clean these up is to post invoice receipts...

Erratic results from query criteria

Update Query ?

Show Comments in chart....
Hello all... I have a chart where I am taking a column of data and creating a chart... along that column certain cells have Comments inserted with the little red arrow in corner to designate a comment is in that cell. Is it possible to have either the entire comment or just an arrow or some sort of symbol placed on a chart? Thank you, Shhhh Hello, http://boisgontierjacques.free.fr/fichiers/graphe/GrapheCommentaire3.xls Sub commentaire() ActiveSheet.ChartObjects(1).Activate On Error Resume Next ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(1).ApplyDataLabels Type:=xlDataLabelsShowLabel On E...

Misc. payments received
How can one record miscellaneous payments received (i.e. rebate checks) without adding a new customer for each payment? We have added a MISC customer, however the lack of detailed data in the edit list and posting reports is problematic. Any suggestions on how can we track these receipts and generate a detailed report about the source of the payments would be appreciated. You could process a bank receipt and credit the monies to the appropriate account. Including all the relevant data on the bank receipt window will allow you to get the necessary data for reporting. You could use sma...

Receiving attachments
HOw do I enable Outlook to receive attachments? It keeps blocking them, including critical updates I receive from Microsoft. "Gerry" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1796f01c4496f$4c791e20$a301280a@phx.gbl... > HOw do I enable Outlook to receive attachments? It keeps > blocking them, including critical updates I receive from > Microsoft. Microsoft do NOT, EVER send updates by email. Those are viruses and you are being protected by this! This is what I received. IS it a virus?! It has the=20 microsoft logo, copyright, links to Micro...

design query match anywhere?
In the design query I want to match the letters "ABC" anywhere in the column 'description'. I could not get instr to work by using: InStr(description, "ABC")) > 0 How else can I match ABC (upper and lowercase) to anywhere in my 'description' column? Thanks! Are you saying you put that InStr bit as a criteria under your Description field in the query designer? Try putting Like "*ABC*" as the criteria instead. Alternatively, you could add a computed field to the query InStr([Description, "ABC") and then put >0 as the ...

I am getting a message that says "Unexpected Error An Error has occurred" when I am running an advanced find query on two custom entities. It seems to be when I have certain custom fields included in my view that the query errors out. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much. Just wanted to add that I seem to get errors when there is a 0.00 amount in these fields... "TJ" wrote: > I am getting a message that says "Unexpected Error An Error has occurred" > when I am running an advanced find query on two custom entities. It se...

pass through query

a count field in a query?

Saving Username and Pass with Web Queries
I am pulling data from a website that requires you to provide a usernam and password everytime you visit the site. Excel has cachin capabilities, but everytime you close excel and try and open up th spreadsheet again, it can't login. What is the fix for this? Thanks, Hend -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Bump! --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

I can receive but cannot send emails
Using windows mail I have been using yahoo pop mail for some time but now I cannot send mail.This is the message I keep receiving...please Help The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'goochland holding pond', Account: 'plus.pop.mail.yahoo.com', Server: 'plus.smtp.mail.yahoo.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): Yes, Socket Error: 10051, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E "Roanoke va" <Roanoke va@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3E17B28D-6E25-49C2-A2D2-E3B6AE7C3B93@microsoft.com... > Using windows mail I hav...

Birthday query for many children in one record
I have a database for the church, it has one main flat table only. Each record for the parents have field for child1 name, child1birthday, child2 name, child2birthday, child3 name, child3birthday - up to 5 children. I am having difficulty trying to get a report to list the birthdays of the children like this parent name, child 1 name, child 1 birthday month etc. so you get something like this:- Parent John Smith, child Mary Smith January 3 Parent Fred Jones, child Bert Jones March 4 Parent John Smith, child Jane Smith March 6 Parent Harry Brown, child Jane Brown March 6 Parent Bert Taylor,...

Unresponsive Query Wizard
Hi there, I have an Excel 2003 user who is using a spreadsheet that pulls data from our SQL server. When he opens it and refreshes the data it is fine, it pulls the current data, but when he tries to edit the query, the Query Wizard does not appear, he can see it on the task bar, but when he switches focus using task manager everything is greyed out and nothing works. I have tested the file from my computer and it is fine, which suggests a problem with his machine or installation. Does anyone have any ideas? Cheers, Steve Dooza wrote: > Hi there, > I have an Excel 2003 user who...

Another simple query
Dear all, I have a table that contains first names and last names in different fields. Is there any way to write a query that will give as a result the first name and last name in the same field? I hope this makes sense. Thanks in advance! SELECT [last_name_field] & ", " & [first_name_field] AS whole_name FROM [your_name_table] Change the field and table names to whatever your actual fields and tables are. Cheers, Jason Lepack On Apr 23, 9:47 am, Homer <peter.a.r...@googlemail.com> wrote: > Dear all, > > I have a table that contains first names an...

Query query
I am trying to create a new field in which it shows the sum total of 10 fields (Charge Time, Charge Time 2, Charge Time 3, etc.); what is the easiest way to do this? -- Joe NewFieldName: [Charge Time] + [Charge Time 2] + [Charge Time 3] .... etc -- Good Luck BS"D "joet5402" wrote: > I am trying to create a new field in which it shows the sum total of 10 > fields (Charge Time, Charge Time 2, Charge Time 3, etc.); what is the easiest > way to do this? > -- > Joe I tried this, and it doesn't work. Is there something I'm forgetting? -- Joe ...

send and receive trouble
I configured outlook to receive my new LAN/DSL connection. When I do a test it is successful. However, when I click the send/receive button nothing happens. What's the problem? I have Win XP with outlook 2002. Could you turn on diagnostic logging (see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q300479) and post the OPMLog.log file (preferably as an attachment) after trying a send/receive? -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights "Sheri" <sherithomassn@msn.com> wr...

group by query trouble
I'm trying to run a query that counts the number of people with hemoglobin of type SS, type SC, and then all others. There are about 12 different kinds of types. Basically I want a count for SS, a count for SC, and then a count that totals all the others into one count. Hopefully that makes sense. I'm using group by for the SS and SC which works great, but I'm not sure how to tell it to add up the others. I'm not a big fan of nested IIf statements, but this should work after you put in the proper field and table names: SELECT IIf([Hemoglobin]="SC","SC&...

To Query or not to Query??
Hello all - I'm a newbe to Access but have made great progress. I'm using Acess 2003. The db is up and running prefectly. Now I need to tackle the reporting. I have seen posts about reports and queries and am a little confused. Do I need to create a query to run my reports off of? I have a tabbed subform in the main form. There are seven tabs breaking up all the services we provide. Like "Promo Items", "Leads", "Client Printed Material","Internal Print Material" and so on. The main form has the User, Branch and Marketing Rep. I need to...

Dynamic Query
Hi! I am trying to dynamically modify my pass-through query containing a procedure call with 2 parameters. When I run my access app, I get this error: "Object or provider is not capable of performing reuqested operation." Below is my access code: Dim varItem As Variant Dim strSQL As String Dim cat As ADOX.Catalog Dim cmd As ADODB.Command Dim strMyDate As String, dtMyDate As Date dtMyDate = CDate([Forms]![ySalesHistory]![Start Date]) strMyDate = Format(dtMyDate, "yyyymmdd") strSQL = "procCustomerSalesandPayments '" & s...

Opening .xls file "outside" Excel not showing
Hi all. This is kind of weard, but here it goes: when I open workbook from Excel (file -> open) it works just fine, but... When I'm trying to open the same workbook via "link", for example double clicking the file from windows explorer -> Excel opens, but the file is not visible. And when I choose: view -> full screen -> it comes visible. Do you have any idea what is wrong? System is Win XP pro and Office XP. This happens to all .xls files... TIA Regards, Alfred Hi Alfred, Try the following steps: 1. Exit Excel 2. From Start, Run. Enter the command: "excel...

CAsyncSocket
Hello, I have created a client that uses CAsyncSocket for communicating with a server. Is it possible to send to the server while I'm Receiving data from the server? I'm using VC++ 2005 + MFC // Anders -- English is not my first, or second, language so anything strange, or insulting, is due to the translation. Please correct me so I may improve my English! Yes. See this Joes's essay about using CAsyncSocket class in multithreaded App: http://flounder.com/kb192570.htm VIctor "Anders Eriksson" wrote: > Hello, > > I have created a client that uses CAsync...