Qty Decimals

Hi Out There,
  Does anyone know if there is a way to set a part to 4 decimals, but to
show 0 decimal places on the PO & SOP Screens and printouts?
We would like to have the option of 4 decimals for Bills of Materials, but
we don't want the orders and PO's to show 4.0000 because it forces the data
entry to add a perios in order to make it a whole number. (We've been having
issues with that)
Thank you!

0
tamking2 (19)

You can do this with Modifier/VBA.  If you don't find a better way and
want to pursue this route let me know and I will help.

0
michaelj2 (180)

Format Numbers Without Fixed Decimal
How do I format a number as in 1,2,3,4,5,6 without zeros or decimals? I tried the General but I get 0.01 instead of 1 I am using Office 2007. Format the cells in question as text.... "bgray1796" wrote: > How do I format a number as in 1,2,3,4,5,6 without zeros or decimals? I tried > the General but I get 0.01 instead of 1 > > I am using Office 2007. Thanks for a quick response. The "Text Format" works fine. "Wood Grafing" wrote: > Format the cells in question as text.... > > "bgray1796" wrote: > > > How do I fo...

QTY Remaining on a Purchasing PO
Is there something I'm missing? What's the best way to find the open quantity on a PO line? In SOP, I could query the QTYREMAI field, but can't find an equivalent in POP to show uncancelled and unreceived quantities. Thanks! Barbara Barbara: Click on the line item, then click the little 'i' enclosed in the circle in the line item header - that will open the Qty Status window. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com Thanks for the quick response. Do you now of a way to show that field in a SmartList or on a report? Barbara "...

Format percentage as a decimal
How would I format a percentage as a decimal without the leading zero. For example: 0.532 as .532 - no zero Any help appreciated. Format>Cells>Number>Custom In the Type box, enter ..############### -- Kind regards, Niek Otten "BSAT Student" <BSAT Student@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:65BF0366-514A-43CF-ADFF-FC4F37C316DD@microsoft.com... > How would I format a percentage as a decimal without the leading zero. For > example: > 0.532 as .532 - no zero > > Any help appreciated. Thanks so much for the help. Works perfectly! &...

Serial Numbers and Qty On Hand
When I started with RMS, we did not use serialized inventory. I am slowly moving to serialized inventory for two departments and have been doing it by category. I've noticed something strange, though... Let's say I have two of a particular TV in stock. None committed, none on order. Item type = standard. Enter the item properties, change the item type to serialized, select the serial tab and enter the two serial numbers. When I click OK, the quantity changes from 2 to 4. I have to select a reason code, go back into the item properties and change the QoH back to 2--with a...

Time Conversion with Decimal Millisec
I am trying to link or import a CSV file with a time field with format hh:mm:sec.000 But when I try to import it I get an error. If I import it as a text field I can't manipulate it numerically. What to do? Jack Date fields in Access don't actually support millisecond precision. Import it as a text field, then break it into the hour, minute and second components (using Left, Mid, Right, and possibly InStr) and then the TimeSerial function to convert the components into a time. Access doesn't really recognize "time" as a separate component: the date field is really...

Qty sold/Qty available
is there a report to get both qty sold and qty available on one report??? CT, Detailed Sales Report and add the On Hand column. (right click on the report, Show/Hide Columns) -- Jeff Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security ===================================================== When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so that others may learn and benefit from your issue. ===================================================== "CT" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:26eb601c4638f$063fe3a0$a601280a@phx.gbl......

reports by total sale qty of item and on hand qty with specific s
Report that shows total qty sold for item. qty on hand and in a specific date range ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=13763723-9122-4a67-be7f-d7478401437d&...

decimal alignment
Is there a way to have figures centered in a column under a heading and aligned on the decimal point? ...

Pivot table total decimal places rounding
The totals in my pivot tables have too many decimal places. I total -$1,025.31 and $1,023.87 and the result is $1.43999999999994 in the total cell of the pivot table but I need just $1.44 I have formatted the table as currency and using 97. Pivot tables can lose their formatting if the data is refreshed. Reapply the formatting, and make sure that 'Preserve formatting' is checked (under PivotTable>Table Options). AM wrote: > The totals in my pivot tables have too many decimal places. > I total -$1,025.31 and $1,023.87 and the result is > $1.43999999999994 in the to...

unexpected qty showing up in MRP
Hello Everybody. Every so often we see qtys show up on our MRP workbench that are associated w/ an SO that is closed / transfered to history. Does anyone know .. - why this might occur - how to clean up MRP We have tried running checklinks, item reconciles, regenerating MRP, etc .. In my current example, if I drill down to the details of the MRP qty, I will see a reference to an SO. Try to drill down again and get the msg that 'this SO has been removed from Sales Order processing History'. Any insite is appreciated. M. Is it possible that the SO was canceled in between regen...

Show zeros after decimal
Hello - For some reason, I am unable to type 0.000 or 0.100 in code. Everytime I do it, it's automatically stripped away to 0.0 or 0.1. Is there a setting or something I need to change? -- Sheldon Sheldon schrieb: > Hello - > > For some reason, I am unable to type 0.000 or 0.100 in code. Everytime I do > it, it's automatically stripped away to 0.0 or 0.1. > > Is there a setting or something I need to change? 0.1 is the same as 0.100 Numbers don't have leading or trailing decimal places. Only strings have. -- Armin "Sheldon...

Qty sold/Qty available #2
Any way of doing this on a top performer report? I would like to see the qty sold and qty available per item, not individual sales. THANKS! CT >-----Original Message----- >CT, > >Detailed Sales Report and add the On Hand column. (right click on the >report, Show/Hide Columns) > >-- >Jeff > >Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security > >===================================================== > >When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via >your newsreader so that others may learn and benefit >from your issue. > >=======...

HQ store qty & taxes missing
The store quantity tab in hq is blank with no stores names showing. Also it is not showing taxes either. Is something wrong with the items dynamic table, because it does show quantites on some items, but not all items. Is there a sql script to update qty & taxes to show up in thoes tabs. Thank you for your support Dave Dear DCR, It seems you have created the HQ blank database, and stores are not created in HQ. could you confirm how you setup this. Kindly confirm that in Admin >Store menu stores are coming or not. The first reason is that if you not setup the stores in Admin &g...

Office 97 to 2003: Excel: enter data w/fixed 2 decimal. 2000. be. #2
When I enter number "2000." I get 20.00 - yes, set decimals at 2 but earlier excel would accept change if you entered decimal with number. this is slowing down a budget prep and I'd sure like some help - online and tutorials say "enter decimal" but this is not working. what am I doing wrong? ...

formula for converting decimal to inch & fraction
Can you provide a formula to convert a decimal to an inch & fraction? I am using Excel 2000. Thank you for your help. select the cell and pull-down: Format > Cells... > Fraction and the pick a suitable form. -- Gary's Student "davepatrob" wrote: > > Can you provide a formula to convert a decimal to an inch & fraction? > I am using Excel 2000. > Thank you for your help. ...

Pivot tables qty
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C356E6.BC4D1160 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Is it possible and if so how do I recall only quantities greater than = zero into a pivot table. Stock adjustments for items can be made, and some of them will cancel = each other out +5 and -5 =3D 0. This 0 (Zero) qty is still recorded in = the pivot table as the adjustments show in the table I am getting the = info from but I don't want it to, how do I stop the table from = retrieving these lines...

PO??? No case Qty
Ok i have ran 3 other pos systems and just got RMS what dont understand is why is it that the Item menu isnt broke in to cases? I mean when you pull a po it tells you how many units you need to order but doesnt break it down in to cases? This should be a very simple funtion of the pos software. I understand that some things come to us in singles but most everything we buy comes to us in cases is that not the case with everyone else? Doug, I order most items by the each, but some items I Order by the case, and sell each OR case. for this I always order cases, set up two different item...

Qty to Backflush does not equal Receipt Qty on MO Receipt
We are having random issues with the Qty to Backflush not matching the total Receipt Qty on MO Receipts. When the MO Receipt is created for the item, the components populate in bottom grid as normal. However, one (sometimes more) of the components will display the incorrect Qty to Backflush. For example, receipt qty will be 4, but qty to backflush will be 5. We have confirmed that the item is set up with a 1:1 relationship for the item. When this occurrs, we simply delete the MO Receipt and start over. Normally, on second or third attempt, the correct qty will display. This does not happ...

Urgent Help :QTY in Store has changed to Zero
I am having a very wierd problem with the newly installed RMS V2. The thing is i updated the stock of the store after taking the physical inventory count. The stock was updated perfectly that day and i know it because i checked it after updating the stock. But today when i checked the stock, the stock count was changed to zero in all items , and the funny thing is the item history its showing the stock correctly. The item history and the the stock on hand does not match. Can any one tell me if they had problem like this and how to figure this out. HELP!! -- Ahoo ...

Can you change Longitude and Latitude from degrees to decimal
I need to change Long/ Lat in degree, minute, second to a decimal format. does excel have a funtion to do this? See Chip Pearson's site for info on this http://www.cpearson.com/excel/latlong.htm "Hurley" wrote: > I need to change Long/ Lat in degree, minute, second to a decimal format. > does excel have a funtion to do this? ...

Excel: How can I get numbers without decimals ?
After entering numbers in a cell they appear as decimals. I have tried going into Format and changing it to 0 decimal but then I get 0. Can you please help me. Tools>Options>Edit, uncheck Fixed decimal -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Wamalapada" <Wamalapada@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DD30288E-CBD7-4CA8-B59F-896D37216F02@microsoft.com... > After entering numbers in a cell they appear as decimals. I have tried > going > into Format and changing it to 0 decimal but then I get 0. > > Can you please help me. ...

Why and how would the currency decimal change on certain Item Number
We are using GP 6.0, pPSQL 2000i. On November 11th a PO was created with an Item number, the currency decimal was 2, yesterday, when trying to add this item to a PO, the U of M is missing for purchasing, also, the currency decimal has changed to 5. As you know, you cannot just go into the item card and make this change, you need to go to utilities for Inventory. I tried this, and it won't make the change because there is an open PO out there with this item number on it. How would something like this happen? Would check links on Inventory solve this, or do I need to wait until this is r...

Qty update
I had carton in stock and My cashier made mistake and He sold twice and He kept one receit for me to void the transaction. When I check the inventory I was -1 carton and I voided the transaction about three hour later. Now I should ahve 0qty But It is still showing minus 1(-1) Looks like when return qty do not update. So How I fix this for future -- Thank You Harjit S Shergill /dba Altaville Market 324 South Main st po box 370 Altaville CA 95221 Tel: 209-559-6108 gill1@att.net This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0053_01CB027D.0EC85A50 ...

Deffrences between IV00102.QTY on Hand and IV10200.QTY on Hand
Hello ; What are reasons behind the deffrences between IV00102 and IV10200 (QTY on Hand) ?? This Deffrence will effect the Avarage Cost for sure. Regards The IV00102 table contains the current Quantity on Hand for each site and a summary record (siteid is blank) for the entire firm. The IV10200 is the Purchase Receipts table and records each receipt of inventory and the quantity received as well as the quantity depleted from that receipt. The IV00102 is the accurate current quantity on hand. -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008 Documentation for Software Users ...

Part Number/Qty Consolidations
All, Column A holds several thousand different part numbers and many of these part numbers occur multiple times ; Column B holds the associated quantities required for each part number. I am trying to find a way to consolidate like part numbers (with a formula) without using the Excel filter or sort tool and then add the associated quantities? Is there a way to show on 'sheet2' column A a consolidation of individual part numbers and a summation of their associated quantities? e.g. if Part No. 12345 occurs in A40, A105, A205, and A500 and Column B shows respective quantities...