Purchase request resolution

What is the significance of purchase request resolution window. Why would a
user using MRP use this window? The help says that this window is used to
address shortages pointed by MRP. Why would MRP not generate PO for these
shortages on its own. I am confused on when to use this window and when to
use MRP.

Is it possible to use this window without running MRP or does MRP need to be
run for this.

Jack

0
jacktundra (359)

Jack

The purchase request window is where you go to convert the MRP calculated
quantities into PO's.  I do not know of any way to use this window without
running MRP first.  BTW, setting up default vendors for all items will make
this window more user friendly.

Todd

"Jack Tundra" wrote:

> What is the significance of purchase request resolution window. Why would a
> user using MRP use this window? The help says that this window is used to
> address shortages pointed by MRP. Why would MRP not generate PO for these
> shortages on its own. I am confused on when to use this window and when to
> use MRP.
>
> Is it possible to use this window without running MRP or does MRP need to be
> run for this.
>
> Jack

0
Todd1369 (159)
8/24/2006 3:04:02 AM
Todd - Doesn't MRP generate planned PO when it is run. Why is this required
then?
Jack
"Todd" <Todd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Jack
>
> The purchase request window is where you go to convert the MRP calculated
> quantities into PO's.  I do not know of any way to use this window without
> running MRP first.  BTW, setting up default vendors for all items will
> make
> this window more user friendly.
>
> Todd
>
> "Jack Tundra" wrote:
>
>> What is the significance of purchase request resolution window. Why would
>> user using MRP use this window? The help says that this window is used to
>> address shortages pointed by MRP. Why would MRP not generate PO for these
>> shortages on its own. I am confused on when to use this window and when
>> use MRP.
>>
>> Is it possible to use this window without running MRP or does MRP need to
>> be
>> run for this.
>>
>> Jack

0
jacktundra (359)
8/24/2006 5:01:09 AM
Jack

MRP calculates the quantities but does not create the actual PO documents.
The purchase request resolution window copies the MRP quantities to PO
documents.  You can then edit the PO's and print to release.  It is the
integration from the MRP module to the purchasing module.

Todd

"Jack Tundra" wrote:

> Todd - Doesn't MRP generate planned PO when it is run. Why is this required
> then?
> Jack
> "Todd" <Todd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Jack
> >
> > The purchase request window is where you go to convert the MRP calculated
> > quantities into PO's.  I do not know of any way to use this window without
> > running MRP first.  BTW, setting up default vendors for all items will
> > make
> > this window more user friendly.
> >
> > Todd
> >
> > "Jack Tundra" wrote:
> >
> >> What is the significance of purchase request resolution window. Why would
> >> user using MRP use this window? The help says that this window is used to
> >> address shortages pointed by MRP. Why would MRP not generate PO for these
> >> shortages on its own. I am confused on when to use this window and when
> >> use MRP.
> >>
> >> Is it possible to use this window without running MRP or does MRP need to
> >> be
> >> run for this.
> >>
> >> Jack

0
Todd1369 (159)

Stock Purchases
How can I make the stock chart display the points when I bought the stock? "Michael" <Michael@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:504BBD54-088D-4F17-BF64-CA30478157D2@microsoft.com... > How can I make the stock chart display the points when I bought the stock? Short version: A few weeks after you buy the stock, you have to delete the online price for that day in the manual price update list, and edit the buy transaction in the investment register so that it creates a "Buy" entry in the manual price update list. If you try to do this too soon a...

Meeting requests problems
I have this problem that I have not been able to resolve. Currently we are running Exchange 2003 server SP2 with all the updates. When an Outlook 2007 user send an meeting invitation to more than 20 recipients, I get the following NDR and eventually all messages time out. Sending the meeting invitation through Outlook Web Access is always successful. Reporting-MTA: dns;Emailserver.domain.com Final-Recipient: rfc822;BillyBob@company.com Action: delayed Status: 4.4.7 Will-Retry-Until: Thu, 4 Mar 2010 15:08:28 -0500 X-Display-Name: BillyBob@company.com Microsoft KB 938650 ...

Live Chat: Purchasing
The transcript for the Purchasing chat is now available here: http://www.microsoft.com/dynamics/rms/using/chats/0801POs.mspx Our thanks to all of the chat participants and experts. You can find additional chat transcripts, announcements of upcoming chats and events, and helpful articles—including the latest installments in our Inventory Management Series—on the "Using Microsoft Dynamics" site: http://www.microsoft.com/dynamics/rms/using/chats/0801POs.mspx -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and it confers no rights. Corrected second link below: &...

Segregation of Duties (Financial , Purchasing)
I'm interested in locating some kind of documentation that will show me what specific permissioning is involved in Advanced Security for segregation of duties. For example, only Class A can only approve and post transactions while Class B approves. What specific permissions do I select for Class A and what specific permissions do I select for Class B in Advanced Security? I'm unable to find doco that shows me what each permission achieves. Thanks! Hi Maatthias, Out of the box Advanced Secuirty does not have any SOD information. Feel free to contact me with any specific que...

How to Link Purchase Invoice with Purchase Receipts
Hi, We are using Great Plains 6.0. I am trying to generate report to link Purchase Invoice with Multiple Purchase Receipt.I am using Crystal Report/Business Objects to make this report. I have used the following tables 1. PM30200 (PM Paid Transaction History File) 2. POP30300 (Purchase Receipt History) 3. POP30310 (Purchase Receipt Line History) I have created two view tables by joining these tables. A. PM30200.DOCNMBR = POP30300.VNDDOCNM AND PM30200.VENDORID = POP30300.VENDORID AND PM30200.DOCTYPE=1 AND (PM30200.BCHSORCE IN ('Rcvg Trx Ivc','Rcvg Trx Entry'...

Purchase order enhancements #3
The functional and originating totals display the same amount (when using multicurrency) in the Purchase Order Enhancements Entry window What release? What Service Pack? Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com "Ben" wrote: > The functional and originating totals display the same amount (when using > multicurrency) in the Purchase Order Enhancements Entry window GP 9 service pack 1. for some reason though the gp version is 9.00.0267 and according to the service pack documentation it should be 9...

Using Integration Manager for Purchase Orders
It's possible that this question is entirely obvious, but I can't figure it out, so I'll apologize in advance. I'm trying to find a way to import Purchase Orders into Great Plains using Integration Manager and XML files. I've setup the XML Source Adapter to my liking, but as I look at the destination options, I only see SQL Opt 8.0 - Purchase Order. The way I understand it, this is writing the info directly to tables without employing any of the Great Plains business logic. Why is there no Purchase Order Option under the standard Great Plains 8.0 Adapters? Perhaps it&...

bulk purchase
Hi how should I set up Rms to handle this? the customer purchases bulk celphone phone time for resale from the local cellular provider, they then resell the time to end users in smaller amounts of time. how should i handle this? -- Thanks Ian Ian, RMS will not track an item beyond the sale. If you are wanting to track the phone cards that the enduser purchases from your cusotmer it won't do that. We might be able to come up with some other suggestions for you. If you would like to give me a call I would be happy to discuss the situation with you. Daniel techs1@nurol.com Tech Sup...

Product Key and Purchased New Office
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I too had the problem with not having a valid product key. I restored an earlier version of Microsoft Office (12.1.9) from Time Machine and purchased a new Office 2008. How do I enter the new product key? I'm afraid of inserting the new disk for fear of losing previous emails, settings, etc. Should I download the SP2 update again, delete the "plist" files recommended and then when setup assistant asks for the product key, enter the new product key from the one I just purchased? Does this newly purchased pro...

Re: Meeting Request Responses
From Microsoft Office Online http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/marketplace/EM102566161033.aspx: IMI Attendees Print is small utility specially designed for Microsoft Outlook users to print the names of the people who have been invited to a meeting and response status - Accepted, Declined, Tentative, None. From Outlook, there no direct way to print the response status... This is reason we to produce this unique tools. Key Benefits a.. Obtain information for meeting items from any Appointment folder in Microsoft Exchange Server 5.x or/and Microsoft Exchange Server 2000/2003 b.. Ob...

description from dimension fields needed in purchase order/item li
We originally did not attach sub descriptions on our matrix/part number because of the way the price tags would read on our merchandise. It is alot cleaner looking to have a simple description and then in the fields below to show size and color. So, it really should not be necessary to attach the dimensions to the part number. As you know with the character limitations this does not give good information anyway. So, what we really need is for the dimension fields to show in seperate colums both when we look at items and when we create purchase orders. Not having the ability to do this i...

purchase limits
Is there any way anybody can think of that i could limit the purhase of an item to 1 per customer ever? I know of the purchase limits feature - but not sure how capable it is! I want to use this for a coupon i will be emailing - so that the customer can only use it once, and not print multiple copies! Any suggestions greatly appreciated! Philip, Looks like you can use limit purchases to limit the purchase to 1 item per customer, but this will only work for 1 year. If this is acceptable to you I'd say go for it. If your coupon expired before 1 year is up you could simply make ...

Purchase Return Does not accept the exiting Purchase Receipt
Hi: I am trying to enter one Purchase Return with credit. Inquiry shows the PO, Receipt and Invoice documents properly. But when I go to create PO return, It accepts the PO Number, Item Number but not the Receipt Number. It is not showing it into the List even. What could be the reason. There is no knowledge base available for Purchase Return. Thanks If this particular receipt item has been sold to a customer and then returned it will not show up as available as a return to vendor - try an Inventory return with credit. Hope this helps "Naseer Ahmed Farooqi" wrote: >...

Voids Purchasing Great Plains
We voided an invoice from prior year through the voids open items screen in the Purchasing module in Great Plains. The GL reflects the correct amount of the void but on our AP Aging report is off by the exact amount of the void. When we research the void in the Purchasing system, there's not a star next to the original invoice similar to all the other voids. How do I fix the AP Aging report to relect the voided amount that ties to the gernal ledger? Vuong Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice ASP.NET: Using SQLite with Enterprise Library 3.1 http://w...

Admins
I'm curious to hear how other admins are handling requests from their users. Is anyone using the cases functionality to track internal cases similar to how an external case would be tracked? Hi, Its ok to use Case entity for internal use if it is not being used for external users. The other option is to create a custom entitiy. Name it may be "Internal Request". Customize it as per your requirments and than use it as for internal requests handling. -- uMar Khan :: MS CRM MVP CRM Freelance Consultant Email :: imumar at gmail dot com Blog :: http://umarkhan.wordpress.com...

request help on enumeration/numbering algorithm
I have a bunch of dots that I draw on a form and connect them with lines. I have 3 basic groups of dots within a larger group (of which I have hundreds of the larger groups - meaning I will have nearly 1000 of the individual dot groups). I need to color code these dots with 3 separate colors. So starting with a counter at 1 -- the 1 dots group will be blue (for example) and 2 dots group will be yellow, the 3 dots group will be purple -- this is for the first big group. In the 2nd big group we have the 4 dots group (blue), the 5 dots group (yellow), the 6 dots group (purple). Then ...

Failed Resolution on SPECIFIC destination Hosts
I am running Exchange 5.5 SP4 on a Compaq Server with NT 4.0 SP 6a. Here is the situation: Whenever a message is generated to a destination host that has registered its MX record as a domain name it remains in the IMS queue with an error of "Host unreachable" until the timeout period at which point it is returned to sender. If the MX record was registered as an IP address then there is no problem with the mail being routed. Here is what I believe to be happening (although I am not COMPLETELY sure and invite any suggestions): 1. From a command prompt I run nslookup -q=mx netcomso...

Shedule task keeps saying The resource requested does not meet the
I have created a service but when trying to schedule the task it keep giving this Red X on top saying "The resource requested does not meet the minimum requirements of the service resource" Please is there something I am missing? ...

SBS 2003 and Outlook 2003 requesting data, freeze
I have two separate clients that are running the new SBS 2003 with XP workstations running Outlook 2003. Both randomly receive the messages: Outlook is requesting data from the server Outlook is trying to retrieve data from the Microsoft Exchange Server Client 1 Running 2 servers that each has a Dual GHz Xeon w/hyperthreading on with 4 gigs of ram. One server is running the SBS 2k3 and the other server is running a Win 2k3 as a terminal server. They are connected on a 1Gig backplane. 10 users total. Client 2 Running 2 servers. One server has a 2.GHz P4 w/hyperthreading on running SBS ...

Limit purchases of medicines
Is there a way to limit the quantity of a specific item being sold. With all the regulations of Methamphetamine and other over the counter drugs, my customer needs to comply with, they can only sell two packages to each customer. -- Tim M. Lantz Tim, The only option I can seem to find is checking the box under options for "quantity entry at POS not allowed" but that doesn't prohibit your cashier of placing it several times on the screen. -- Elizabeth M. "Tim" <Tim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A2D17BD6-E774-449E-A571-0546A3E5D632@micr...

How to get fixed size for every screen resolution?
I have to develop to open excel sheet and run macro to make several charts.I found that there is a problem for screen resolution because the size of chart is dependes on screen size. Am I correct? If people have different screen resolution, the chart size will be different. Therefore I can't fix print format for my system. Is there any idea to solve this problem? ...

Purchasing
What's the difference b/w Receiving transation entry and Purchasing Invoice Entry. -- AH A Receiving Transaction can be either a Shipment Receipt where the receipt is posted separately from the invoice or a Shipment/Invoice Receipt, where the receipt and the invoice are recorded in the same transaction. Purchasing Invoice Entry is where you can enter a vendor invoice and either match it to a previous Shipment Receipt or enter a stand-alone invoice. This type of invoice entry allows for entering item-specific information and multiple lines. Payables Transaction Entry a...

Add gridlines on Purchase Order
Can gridlines between entries be added, line the line below last entry that goes across page? Any help appreciated. Thanks. -- Neal ...

Purchase orders
Does Money 2004 Small Biz Edition have the ability to create Purchase Orders? ...