Purchase Order "Ship to" Contact Name

Our purchasing agent has pointed out that she has never had the "CONTACT
LINE" for the SHIP TO ADDRESS to ever show up on the POs.  Where does this
pull from?  It was initially shown as coming from POP_PRINT DOC LIST_TEMP.

I attempted to pull in from PO_POP, still nothing and then again, tried to
create a calculated field from POP_Print Doc List_Temp.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thank you.
0
Pam1 (264)

You can always pull the Vendor Contact field from the PM Address Master table.

Best regards,
--
MG.-
Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP

"Pam" wrote:

> Our purchasing agent has pointed out that she has never had the "CONTACT
> LINE" for the SHIP TO ADDRESS to ever show up on the POs.  Where does this
> pull from?  It was initially shown as coming from POP_PRINT DOC LIST_TEMP.
>
> I attempted to pull in from PO_POP, still nothing and then again, tried to
> create a calculated field from POP_Print Doc List_Temp.
>
> Any advice would be much appreciated.
>
> Thank you.
0
MarianoGomez (3440)
7/1/2008 7:22:00 PM
My apologies, I knew I was going to be confusing - I'm wanting to show the
CUSTOMERS CONTACT in the SHIP TO AREA (which of course could show the vendor
contact informaiton when shipping to the office). This information if shows
up from the SHIP TO ADDRESS ID on the Purchase Vendor Detail Entry window --
I just cannot get it to show.

???

"Mariano Gomez" wrote:

> You can always pull the Vendor Contact field from the PM Address Master table.
>
> Best regards,
> --
> MG.-
> Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> Maximum Global Business, LLC
> http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
>

> "Pam" wrote:
>
> > Our purchasing agent has pointed out that she has never had the "CONTACT
> > LINE" for the SHIP TO ADDRESS to ever show up on the POs.  Where does this
> > pull from?  It was initially shown as coming from POP_PRINT DOC LIST_TEMP.
> >
> > I attempted to pull in from PO_POP, still nothing and then again, tried to
> > create a calculated field from POP_Print Doc List_Temp.
> >
> > Any advice would be much appreciated.
> >
> > Thank you.
0
Pam1 (264)
7/1/2008 7:26:01 PM
Pam,

My response to your other question should be good enough, but to summarize.
This is a report writer limitation since the SOP_POLink cannot be leveraged
in the PO report because RW only supports one one-to-many relationship to the
main table of the PO report.

You will probably have to use VBA to get to this data if that's an option.

Best regards,
--

"Pam" wrote:

> My apologies, I knew I was going to be confusing - I'm wanting to show the
> CUSTOMERS CONTACT in the SHIP TO AREA (which of course could show the vendor
> contact informaiton when shipping to the office). This information if shows
> up from the SHIP TO ADDRESS ID on the Purchase Vendor Detail Entry window --
> I just cannot get it to show.
>
> ???
>
> "Mariano Gomez" wrote:
>
> > You can always pull the Vendor Contact field from the PM Address Master table.
> >
> > Best regards,
> > --
> > MG.-
> > Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> > Maximum Global Business, LLC
> > http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
> >

> > "Pam" wrote:
> >
> > > Our purchasing agent has pointed out that she has never had the "CONTACT
> > > LINE" for the SHIP TO ADDRESS to ever show up on the POs.  Where does this
> > > pull from?  It was initially shown as coming from POP_PRINT DOC LIST_TEMP.
> > >
> > > I attempted to pull in from PO_POP, still nothing and then again, tried to
> > > create a calculated field from POP_Print Doc List_Temp.
> > >
> > > Any advice would be much appreciated.
> > >
> > > Thank you.
0
MarianoGomez (3440)
7/1/2008 7:46:01 PM
Mariano-
Thank you for your assistance and explanation.  I must say that the system
should be fixed then --

If, when entering a PO and you have the ability to signify that this PO is
going to be drop shipped to the customer, and it asks for the Customer ID and
then lets you state WHICH Ship to Address ID you want it shipped to, and it
shows a name in the CONTACT of that Ship to Address ID, I would then expect
the system to show the complete SHIP TO ADDRESS ID information on the SHIP TO
portion of the Purchase Order when printed out and not just up on the window
screen, thus including the contact information.

If we have the ability to include that contact information on all other
forms that are used, there should be an 'easy' report writer way to include
that same line of information on the Purchase Order.

Report Writer is most frustrating to learn.  Just when I thought I was
getting a little handle on it, this happens. :)

Thank you

"Mariano Gomez" wrote:

> Pam,
>
> My response to your other question should be good enough, but to summarize.
> This is a report writer limitation since the SOP_POLink cannot be leveraged
> in the PO report because RW only supports one one-to-many relationship to the
> main table of the PO report.
>
> You will probably have to use VBA to get to this data if that's an option.
>
> Best regards,
> --
> MG.-
> Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> Maximum Global Business, LLC
> http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
>

> "Pam" wrote:
>
> > My apologies, I knew I was going to be confusing - I'm wanting to show the
> > CUSTOMERS CONTACT in the SHIP TO AREA (which of course could show the vendor
> > contact informaiton when shipping to the office). This information if shows
> > up from the SHIP TO ADDRESS ID on the Purchase Vendor Detail Entry window --
> > I just cannot get it to show.
> >
> > ???
> >
> > "Mariano Gomez" wrote:
> >
> > > You can always pull the Vendor Contact field from the PM Address Master table.
> > >
> > > Best regards,
> > > --
> > > MG.-
> > > Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> > > Maximum Global Business, LLC
> > > http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com

0
Pam1 (264)
7/1/2008 7:54:01 PM
I finally got the contact info to pull in -- I thought I had already tried
this one but...

By Using the "Purchase Order Works" table>Contact, and placing it in both
sections of the report, it now pulls in the Contact name of the customers
shipping info.

Thank you

"Mariano Gomez" wrote:

> You can always pull the Vendor Contact field from the PM Address Master table.
>
> Best regards,
> --
> MG.-
> Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> Maximum Global Business, LLC
> http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
>

> "Pam" wrote:
>
> > Our purchasing agent has pointed out that she has never had the "CONTACT
> > LINE" for the SHIP TO ADDRESS to ever show up on the POs.  Where does this
> > pull from?  It was initially shown as coming from POP_PRINT DOC LIST_TEMP.
> >
> > I attempted to pull in from PO_POP, still nothing and then again, tried to
> > create a calculated field from POP_Print Doc List_Temp.
> >
> > Any advice would be much appreciated.
> >
> > Thank you.
0
Pam1 (264)
7/1/2008 8:16:13 PM
This is true if the purchase order happens to be a drop-ship PO.

Best regards,
--

"Pam" wrote:

> I finally got the contact info to pull in -- I thought I had already tried
> this one but...
>
> By Using the "Purchase Order Works" table>Contact, and placing it in both
> sections of the report, it now pulls in the Contact name of the customers
> shipping info.
>
> Thank you
>

> "Mariano Gomez" wrote:
>
> > You can always pull the Vendor Contact field from the PM Address Master table.
> >
> > Best regards,
> > --
> > MG.-
> > Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> > Maximum Global Business, LLC
> > http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
> >

> > "Pam" wrote:
> >
> > > Our purchasing agent has pointed out that she has never had the "CONTACT
> > > LINE" for the SHIP TO ADDRESS to ever show up on the POs.  Where does this
> > > pull from?  It was initially shown as coming from POP_PRINT DOC LIST_TEMP.
> > >
> > > I attempted to pull in from PO_POP, still nothing and then again, tried to
> > > create a calculated field from POP_Print Doc List_Temp.
> > >
> > > Any advice would be much appreciated.
> > >
> > > Thank you.
0
MarianoGomez (3440)

Ship To in Purchasing
Hello all, We are using GP 8 Sp 3 and want to be able to order from a vendor but have it shipped at our other locations at times ( rare but would help) I created another Site ID but that did not have any effect. I wonder if that is the spot to create this or not.. In short want to do PO and have the item go somewhere else. Many thanx If you expand the line item, you must have something in the Site ID, Shipping Method, and Ship To Address ID fields. Also, make sure the Shipping Type on the Shipping Method record is set to Delivery. I had problems with incorrect Ship To addresses u...

Drop Ship PO with incorrect SHIP TO address
When creating a purchase order from a drop ship FILLORDER, the SHIP TO address sometimes does not print the correct address. It will be filled in with the VENDOR address, not the drop ship customer's address. It will not always do this, it appears to be random. I'm sure that there is some field that hasn't been checked. Any suggestions? -- Pam ...

Company BILL TO and SHIP TO Address IDs
When a company has multiple address IDS, there needs to be a default so that when the purchase order is created, the "Purchasing Vendor Detail Entry" will automatically default in the company's BILL TO and SHIP TO address. Currently, the default populates with one address ID. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-ba...

How To Track Salesperson ID on Ship to locations
We have many customers with different ship to locations. The ship to locations can have a different salesperson than the main customer card. What is the best way to track sales by salesperson in this situation? GP 8 or 9. :) "Philip Hunter" wrote: > We have many customers with different ship to locations. The ship to > locations can have a different salesperson than the main customer card. > > What is the best way to track sales by salesperson in this situation? > > if you always use the same ship-to address regarless of the number of line items then ...

Extended Pricing/Ship to's
Is there a way to set Extended Pricing up to work with the ship to address id on an order rather than the customer id? ...

Sale to Customer Ship To
We make sales to customers for gifts so they have multiple ship to addresses. I can see how you can put multiple ship to for each customer. But when you make a sale you can only assign one of the ship to addresses. We would like a way to have multiple ship to for a customer for each sales transaction. Does anyone do this or know how to do this. -- Bart M Hi Bart - I believe you are limited to one "ship to" per transaction, as usually all the items on the transaction ship to the same address; if different items are to be shipped to different addresses, you could try using ...

Specify Default Ship To Address for POs
Would like to be able to specify, either within the POP Setups or Company Setups, which company address should default as the ship to address for POs. Currently it takes the main address in the Company Setup window (Tools>>Setup>>Company>>Company). In our case it is a PO Box. Each time a PO is written, the purchaser has to remember to expand the Vendor ID field and go in and change the ship to address. Most of the time it is for the same warehouse. If we could default this warehouse address for all POs, it would save us a lot of time and errors. Thanks, Eleni -----...

Purchase order ship to address
I upgraded from 6.0 to 7.5 and then to 8.0 on SQL. Everything went fine, smoothest upgrade I've ever dealt with. Now the 'ship to address' on PO's that have only a single ship to won't print for PO's entered before the update. It appears that the POP_PrintDocList_TEMP is not being populated correctly for the older PO's. The calculated fields for the ship to address lines all pull from that table. Since this is a TEMP table, how can I recreate it for all of the PO's?? ...

Purchase Order Ship To Address #2
GP 8.0 We have a problem with the Purchase Order Ship to Address where it is not printing out on the Purchase Order. Why Purchase Order ship to address does not work like GP 7.0. The IDEAL solution would be that the PO shows, on the heading, the same ship to address as it appears on the HO. This information should roll over when the HO gets transferred to a Purchase Order. However, since not all the PO are generated from/committed to an HO, it is NECESSARY that the ship to address is entered in the PO and appears in the HEADING as entered. We have NO use of a ship to address per line i...

Including Ship To Address 'User Defined' fields on SOP Invoice.
How do I include the Ship To 'User defined 1 and 2 fields' on an Invoice? The ship to is defined on the customer maintenance card and differs from the Select Address Code for the customer ('PRIMARY' vs. 'SHPTO'). I can retrieve the Ship To Address line 1 thru 3 using the RW_AddressLine1 .... RW_AddressLine3 functions. However I can not determine how to retrieve other data maintained under this Address ID from the Customer Address Table. How do I achieve this? That's because the User Defined fields you are looking for are in the Customer Master Address tab...

Default Bill To and Ship To Address on Purchase Order
Would like a seperate default for the Bill To and Ship To address on the Purchase Order. Both now pull from the main address on the Company Setup window. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dg...

Dynamics AR Invoicing should keep the ship to address for inquiry
When performing a Customer Transacation inquiry, you can only see the address id of primary. I'd like to see the ship to address id as well. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/e...

PO Ship To remote warehouse
I'm new to Great Plains and am trying to figure out how to have an off-site warehouse appear correctly as the "Ship-To" address on a PO in GP 7.5 default blank PO form. I have set up a separate Site ID with its address for the out-of-town warehouse we use, and referenced it in the PO Site ID field. But the Ship-To that prints on my PO form continues to be my default company headquarter address. The only work-around I can think of is to create a fake customer for my out-of-town warehouse and drop-ship to it. That seems to work, but I would prefer not to do it if there ...

Picking Ticket
Hello - I want to be able to print the User Defined 1 field from the SOP document's SHIP TO address on the picking ticket. I can't seem to get to this particular user defined field. Any suggestions? Thanks, Tracey ...

Purchase Order "Ship to" Contact Name
Our purchasing agent has pointed out that she has never had the "CONTACT LINE" for the SHIP TO ADDRESS to ever show up on the POs. Where does this pull from? It was initially shown as coming from POP_PRINT DOC LIST_TEMP. I attempted to pull in from PO_POP, still nothing and then again, tried to create a calculated field from POP_Print Doc List_Temp. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thank you. You can always pull the Vendor Contact field from the PM Address Master table. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximum...

Primary Ship to and Bill to address
In SOP_HDR_WORK (SOP10100) there is a fields Primary Ship to address Primary Bill to address If in Order I am changing both of them in table SBF saves Primary Bill to address as new ID Primary Ship to address keeps default value Is it ok? or? Thanks. ...

Default Ship To on PO
Our PO's default to the AddressID from the company setup window. Since we have several users entering PO's from various vendors, for deliveries to various warehouses across our company, is there a way to select a default Ship To depending on which Vendor or Buyer is entering the PO? Barbola, This is usually in the domain of a customization. You can easily achieve this with little Modifier and VBA by storing the default ship to address in the DUOS based on the Buyer. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness....

Sales Order Transaction Window
Does anyone enter a single sales order with lines shipping from multiple locations to multiple ship to addresses? Are there any known issues? -- Eric Powers Eric, None that I can tell. The behavior is the same as entering a SOP shipping out of one location to multiple customer locations. Best regards, MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://maximumglobalbusiness.com "Eric Powers" wrote: > Does anyone enter a single sales order with lines shipping from multiple > locations to multiple ship to addresses? Are there any known issues? &g...

Packslip ship to address
I would like to print the ship to address from the header table, on the packslip, and not the ship to address from the invoice lines, how can I do this in Dynamics GP 10? I have tried modifying the report with report writer but am struggling.... -- Doug ...

PO Ship to address
how do you enter the full ship to information on a PO? the process we were told to do, is at the shipping information, create the customer, contact, address, etc...but when it generates, the name of our company apprears with the address of the customer. We are using Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains 10.0 You probably need to modify the report to put the information you want where you want it. -- Charles Allen, MVP "P McCarthy" wrote: > how do you enter the full ship to information on a PO? > the process we were told to do, is at the shipping information, create the &...

relationship to order product entity
hi i'm new to dynamics crm. i want to create many to one relationship from incident(support) entity to order product entity. it seems that it is not possible to do it from dynamics customize tool. i want to select order product instead of product on incident screen. is there any way? thnks in advance. motoc ...

Ship to address
In POP the ship to address does not default into the Purchase Order. I can expand the item and insert an ID, but I would like to have it default from the Vendor. The PO's that are generated from Manufacturing orders have the ship to address printed on the PO automatically. I have the Sites linked to the appropriate address. What am I missing? -- Karla R Karla, I am not well versed with the functionality, but considering your query, I doubt whether you can default it from Vendor. Ship To Address ID for a PO Line Item is nothing but the Site Address to which this Item is going t...

PO Single Ship To Location
Does anyone have a work around for a GP 9.0 Company that ALWAYS has every item on a PO delivered to the same location by the same shipping method? We require PO for all orders and adding location and shipping method by line item is very repetative. We do have Modifyer and if needed could look there but just wanted to see if anyone had solved this already. Without some clever work around I was thinking I would need to modify the PO window to have location selection and shipping method chosen first and then when new rows are added that event could trigger populating the loc & ship f...

Entering multiple ship to addresses on same order
Is there a way to enter multipl ship to addresses on the same order? I need to send one product to one location and another poduct on the same order to a different location. thanks, Mike Dear Mike, Why you cannot create orders for each Address and merging all the orders into one invoice? Regards, -- Mohammad R. Daoud MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS Software Development Manager +962 - 79 - 999 65 85 Great Package For Business Solutions daoudm@greatpbs.com http://www.greatpbs.com "Mike" wrote: > Is there a way to enter multipl ship to addresses on the same order? I need &...

Cascading account ownership to Order ownership
Hi, I have read the threads regarding cascading ownership and changing the parental to cascading none. However on the Account Order there is no parental realtionship so I how would I go about preventing the ownership of the Order changing with the account owner changes. ...