Purchase Line Items in SmartList

I using GP 7.0
I generate a SmartList Report in the Purchase Line Items where I need to see
all POs with the Document Status = OPEN.  There are some POs that status
should be history because they were fully received against.  How do I change
the document status to history?  Also, I notice some items on the PO were not
completely received and the remaining items are canceled. Example I purchase
250 I received 240 so I canceled 10 remaining items.  How can I move this PO
into history so it will not show up as open?

Thanks in advance for your help,
Kevin
0
Kevin105 (377)

You need to go to to Routines>Purchasing>Remove PO's. PO's do not
automatically get moved to the history table once they are received,
closed,canceled. You need to run this routine.

"Kevin" wrote:

> I using GP 7.0
> I generate a SmartList Report in the Purchase Line Items where I need to see
> all POs with the Document Status = OPEN.  There are some POs that status
> should be history because they were fully received against.  How do I change
> the document status to history?  Also, I notice some items on the PO were not
> completely received and the remaining items are canceled. Example I purchase
> 250 I received 240 so I canceled 10 remaining items.  How can I move this PO
> into history so it will not show up as open?
>

> Thanks in advance for your help,
> Kevin
0
klewis6238 (163)
10/15/2004 2:05:06 PM
Thank you very much it worked

"klewis" wrote:

> You need to go to to Routines>Purchasing>Remove PO's. PO's do not
> automatically get moved to the history table once they are received,
> closed,canceled. You need to run this routine.
>
> "Kevin" wrote:
>
> > I using GP 7.0
> > I generate a SmartList Report in the Purchase Line Items where I need to see
> > all POs with the Document Status = OPEN.  There are some POs that status
> > should be history because they were fully received against.  How do I change
> > the document status to history?  Also, I notice some items on the PO were not
> > completely received and the remaining items are canceled. Example I purchase
> > 250 I received 240 so I canceled 10 remaining items.  How can I move this PO
> > into history so it will not show up as open?
> >

> > Thanks in advance for your help,
> > Kevin
0
Kevin105 (377)
10/15/2004 2:29:01 PM
I would like to know why is it that if the PO has not been printed the GP
will not allow me to move it to history? I have the year of 2002 and part of
2003 to me to history. Now a lot of my 2002 POs has not been printed and the
GP will not let me move them to history.

"klewis" wrote:

> You need to go to to Routines>Purchasing>Remove PO's. PO's do not
> automatically get moved to the history table once they are received,
> closed,canceled. You need to run this routine.
>
> "Kevin" wrote:
>
> > I using GP 7.0
> > I generate a SmartList Report in the Purchase Line Items where I need to see
> > all POs with the Document Status = OPEN.  There are some POs that status
> > should be history because they were fully received against.  How do I change
> > the document status to history?  Also, I notice some items on the PO were not
> > completely received and the remaining items are canceled. Example I purchase
> > 250 I received 240 so I canceled 10 remaining items.  How can I move this PO
> > into history so it will not show up as open?
> >

> > Thanks in advance for your help,
> > Kevin
0
Kevin105 (377)
10/15/2004 3:33:06 PM
Printing them moves them to *Released* as the PO status.  You cannot
transfer a PO with the status of *New* to history, so if you never printed
it (Released it), never received it, and never canceled it, the PO's are
probably showing as new.  To fix this, go to TRANSACTIONS|PURCHASING|EDIT
PURCHASE ORDERS and change the type to closed or cancelled (depending on the
situation).  Once that is done, you can remove the POs to history.  Each
line item must have the correct status type or it will not work.  I am
guessing you either do not use the POP module 100% all the way through the
process (like our company), or you are often shipped short the quantities
you order.  Both instances would create a glitch on your PO and would
require you to cancel items shipped short, or close/cancel POs not put
through the system fully from order to receipt.

As a side bit of information, we recently discovered (via this newsgroup)
that not printing the PO's causes your ON ORDER and DROP-SHIP PO fields to
not populate.

HTH

"Kevin" <Kevin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I would like to know why is it that if the PO has not been printed the GP
> will not allow me to move it to history? I have the year of 2002 and part
of
> 2003 to me to history. Now a lot of my 2002 POs has not been printed and
the
> GP will not let me move them to history.
>
> "klewis" wrote:
>
> > You need to go to to Routines>Purchasing>Remove PO's. PO's do not
> > automatically get moved to the history table once they are received,
> > closed,canceled. You need to run this routine.
> >
> > "Kevin" wrote:
> >
> > > I using GP 7.0
> > > I generate a SmartList Report in the Purchase Line Items where I need
to see
> > > all POs with the Document Status = OPEN.  There are some POs that
status
> > > should be history because they were fully received against.  How do I
change
> > > the document status to history?  Also, I notice some items on the PO
were not
> > > completely received and the remaining items are canceled. Example I
purchase
> > > 250 I received 240 so I canceled 10 remaining items.  How can I move
this PO
> > > into history so it will not show up as open?
> > >

> > > Thanks in advance for your help,
> > > Kevin

0
eatlotsof (67)
10/15/2004 8:12:09 PM
Thank you very much for the information

"eggman" wrote:

> Printing them moves them to *Released* as the PO status.  You cannot
> transfer a PO with the status of *New* to history, so if you never printed
> it (Released it), never received it, and never canceled it, the PO's are
> probably showing as new.  To fix this, go to TRANSACTIONS|PURCHASING|EDIT
> PURCHASE ORDERS and change the type to closed or cancelled (depending on the
> situation).  Once that is done, you can remove the POs to history.  Each
> line item must have the correct status type or it will not work.  I am
> guessing you either do not use the POP module 100% all the way through the
> process (like our company), or you are often shipped short the quantities
> you order.  Both instances would create a glitch on your PO and would
> require you to cancel items shipped short, or close/cancel POs not put
> through the system fully from order to receipt.
>
> As a side bit of information, we recently discovered (via this newsgroup)
> that not printing the PO's causes your ON ORDER and DROP-SHIP PO fields to
> not populate.
>
> HTH
>
> "Kevin" <Kevin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I would like to know why is it that if the PO has not been printed the GP
> > will not allow me to move it to history? I have the year of 2002 and part
> of
> > 2003 to me to history. Now a lot of my 2002 POs has not been printed and
> the
> > GP will not let me move them to history.
> >
> > "klewis" wrote:
> >
> > > You need to go to to Routines>Purchasing>Remove PO's. PO's do not
> > > automatically get moved to the history table once they are received,
> > > closed,canceled. You need to run this routine.

> to see
> status
> change
> were not
> purchase
> this PO

0
Kevin105 (377)

Stock Purchases
How can I make the stock chart display the points when I bought the stock? "Michael" <Michael@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:504BBD54-088D-4F17-BF64-CA30478157D2@microsoft.com... > How can I make the stock chart display the points when I bought the stock? Short version: A few weeks after you buy the stock, you have to delete the online price for that day in the manual price update list, and edit the buy transaction in the investment register so that it creates a "Buy" entry in the manual price update list. If you try to do this too soon a...

Task Bar Items
An item (MS Office) has been set to appear on the Task Bar and I wish it removed, so that it no longer appears after a fresh boot. It is not in the "START-UP". What avenues must be taken to have this item removed from the task bar so that it will never again appear? Can you be a bit more specific? Version of Outlook? What do you see? what function does it have? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Rob Scullion" <drrob@robertsc...

Live Chat: Purchasing
The transcript for the Purchasing chat is now available here: http://www.microsoft.com/dynamics/rms/using/chats/0801POs.mspx Our thanks to all of the chat participants and experts. You can find additional chat transcripts, announcements of upcoming chats and events, and helpful articles—including the latest installments in our Inventory Management Series—on the "Using Microsoft Dynamics" site: http://www.microsoft.com/dynamics/rms/using/chats/0801POs.mspx -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and it confers no rights. Corrected second link below: &...

Can I get Excel to determine the line curve formula without graph.
I am trying to otain a solution for the number where two curves meet. Specifically trying to determine the expected flow rate given a pump curve and system curve. The curves shift depending on variables that are read from a spreadsheet. I can get the curve formulas by graphing them and requesting the trendline feature, but then I have to manually enter the curve formulas, set them equal to each other, and solve the equation. Can Excel do this automatically from two data sets? Any help would be appreciated. Hi, What kind curves are they (i.e., what kind of functions are those trendline ...

Segregation of Duties (Financial , Purchasing)
I'm interested in locating some kind of documentation that will show me what specific permissioning is involved in Advanced Security for segregation of duties. For example, only Class A can only approve and post transactions while Class B approves. What specific permissions do I select for Class A and what specific permissions do I select for Class B in Advanced Security? I'm unable to find doco that shows me what each permission achieves. Thanks! Hi Maatthias, Out of the box Advanced Secuirty does not have any SOD information. Feel free to contact me with any specific que...

Access sub-folder by command line (in existing Outlook-instance)
Hi, I'm trying ty craete an Outlook Note (in Outlook 2007 on Win7) by using the command "OUTLOOK.EXE" /select outlook:Temp_Notes /c ipm.stickynote". In before I created the folder Inbox\Notes\Temp_Notes which I moved to Inbox. Outlook starts a new instance of Outlook and creates a new note by default in Inbox\Notes though. Probably this is defined in de form to which the messageclass IPM.NOTE is attached to. Copying or editing the form is not allowed. My questions: 1. How to prevent Outlook starts a new instance using command line switches like '/...

Combine stacked column and line chart w/series lines
My application requires a stacked colunm chart with series lines combined with a minimum of three (3) data series represented as lines. Using the combined column-line chart I loose both the column "stack" and series lines between column elements. Any help adding Lines for three data series to and existing stacked column chart will be most appreciated. The built-in custom types have limited usefulness. Here's how to make your own combination charts. Plot all data as stacked columns. Double click a column and on the Options tab, select Series Lines. Select a series you want...

Purchase order enhancements #3
The functional and originating totals display the same amount (when using multicurrency) in the Purchase Order Enhancements Entry window What release? What Service Pack? Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com "Ben" wrote: > The functional and originating totals display the same amount (when using > multicurrency) in the Purchase Order Enhancements Entry window GP 9 service pack 1. for some reason though the gp version is 9.00.0267 and according to the service pack documentation it should be 9...

Getting tabs on ruler to line up with set tabs.
Hello Everyone, By accident posted to the Mac group and was kindly referred this way. http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.mac.office.word&tid=07afbf5b-83bf-4835-abc4-213725d85abf&cat=&lang=&cr=&sloc=&p=1 Briefly, I've noticed that when I "click and drag" the margin icon (the downward/upward facing pentagons), I cannot get them to line-up with the tab settings, e.g. on 0.25, 0.5, or 0.75", no matter how carefully I try. The advice to use the Alt key helps, but curious as why this happ...

How to Link Purchase Invoice with Purchase Receipts
Hi, We are using Great Plains 6.0. I am trying to generate report to link Purchase Invoice with Multiple Purchase Receipt.I am using Crystal Report/Business Objects to make this report. I have used the following tables 1. PM30200 (PM Paid Transaction History File) 2. POP30300 (Purchase Receipt History) 3. POP30310 (Purchase Receipt Line History) I have created two view tables by joining these tables. A. PM30200.DOCNMBR = POP30300.VNDDOCNM AND PM30200.VENDORID = POP30300.VENDORID AND PM30200.DOCTYPE=1 AND (PM30200.BCHSORCE IN ('Rcvg Trx Ivc','Rcvg Trx Entry'...

Matrix / Lot Matrix items
I have a few questions around a Matrx item and where to use them. Are matrix items specifically for categorization in the Store Administrator or do they reap some benefit in the POS (front end) itself as well? I am trying to determine their usage beyond categorization and configuration. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_1261_01C723CC.062E32E0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Mhodgdon, It gives you a list of options to select the proper item. Sel...

How to convert a dotted line to a solid line in a line graph
How do you convert a dotted line between two points to a solid line in a line graph Click once to select the line, then click on a line segment to select just that segment, then right click and choose Format Point, and select the appropriate formatting in the dialog. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services, Inc. http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/ _______ "Sharlz" <Sharlz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:190231A9-9979-451E-B840-186BF33B1B89@microsoft.com... > How do you convert a dotted line between two points to a soli...

trend line does not appear
Occassionally, when I try to add a trend line to a data series the line is not displayed on the graph, but a lable appears in the legned box. Any ideas? At present I want to add a weighted average trend line and so I am having to do it the long way around (i.e., calculate the average values in the worksheet and then plot them), but this is time consuming. Any help would be appreciated. This may help you: http://groups-beta.google.com/group/microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions/msg/8193ac7d4c80271c "JB" <JB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3C1BFFA7-A...

Line charting the same series using data from multiple sheets?
I have data for each day of the week per sheet for four weeks, ie 4 sheets. I'd like to line chart this data on the same series using the data from each of the four sheets continuously. eg. graph (sheet 1) mon, tue, wed, thur, fri, (sheet 2) mon, tue, wed, thu, fri, (sheet 3) mon, tue, wed, thu, fri, (sheet 4) mon, tue, wed, thu, fri on the same series Please help Thanks, Aaron Use formulas in a summary sheet to link to the separate data sheets, then plot the summarized data. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier Peltier Technical Services, Inc. http://peltiertech.com/ On ...

Vote: Add Item messages to Items by Inventory Wizard
We would like to have a feature to Add Item messages to Items by Inventory Wizard. -- Jason Clements ===================================================== ===================================================== ------=_NextPart_0001_3178B8C4 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Good morning Jason, Thank you for posting your product suggestion. However, to ensure that your suggestions are seen you would want to submit them via one of the below methods: 1. Use one of the following links: CustomerSource https://mbs.microsoft.com/customersource/productsuggestions...

How do I add a limit line to a chart, so I can see where a data p.
I'm trying to show a reference limit on a chart. That way I can see where the bar lies relative to that limit that is constant throughout the series established for the bar. Patrick - Try one of these: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AddLine.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ Patrick question on chart reference wrote: > I'm trying to show a reference limit on a chart. That way I can see where > the bar lies relative to that limit that is constant throughout...

Need Help Adding Line to Bar Graph #3
Ok, need just a bit more help. How do i get a secondary X axis? I ca get a secondary Y.. but not an x.. any help would be great -- jcstoddar ----------------------------------------------------------------------- jcstoddard's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1485 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26485 Hi, To get the secondary x axis displayed right click the chart and pick Chart Options. On the Axis tab check secondary x axis. Cheers Andy jcstoddard wrote: > Ok, need just a bit more help. How do i get...

Using Integration Manager for Purchase Orders
It's possible that this question is entirely obvious, but I can't figure it out, so I'll apologize in advance. I'm trying to find a way to import Purchase Orders into Great Plains using Integration Manager and XML files. I've setup the XML Source Adapter to my liking, but as I look at the destination options, I only see SQL Opt 8.0 - Purchase Order. The way I understand it, this is writing the info directly to tables without employing any of the Great Plains business logic. Why is there no Purchase Order Option under the standard Great Plains 8.0 Adapters? Perhaps it&...

bulk purchase
Hi how should I set up Rms to handle this? the customer purchases bulk celphone phone time for resale from the local cellular provider, they then resell the time to end users in smaller amounts of time. how should i handle this? -- Thanks Ian Ian, RMS will not track an item beyond the sale. If you are wanting to track the phone cards that the enduser purchases from your cusotmer it won't do that. We might be able to come up with some other suggestions for you. If you would like to give me a call I would be happy to discuss the situation with you. Daniel techs1@nurol.com Tech Sup...

Item Sale Dates!
I had a weekend sale, however the system didn't seem to capture the time of day that the sale will end which was supposed to be "12:00 AM". However the SaleEndDate field is showing todays date and the items are still ringing up at the POS as On Sale. Does anyone know which field in the HQ ITEM table to change to end an existing sale. Do you need to change the "SaleEndDate" field to previous day or "SaleType" field to 0. SaleStartdate 27/11/2006 SaleEndDate 02/27/2007 the system will detect the period of value based on the date you have specified...

SmartList Builder and Go To's
Is there a way to design Go To's for historical inquiries? Every attempt I have made gives me an error that the field can not be set because it has been locked. Any suggestions would be appreciated. ...

Product Key and Purchased New Office
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I too had the problem with not having a valid product key. I restored an earlier version of Microsoft Office (12.1.9) from Time Machine and purchased a new Office 2008. How do I enter the new product key? I'm afraid of inserting the new disk for fear of losing previous emails, settings, etc. Should I download the SP2 update again, delete the "plist" files recommended and then when setup assistant asks for the product key, enter the new product key from the one I just purchased? Does this newly purchased pro...

Where is Insert Line Breaks option when saving as .txt?
I need to be able to save file as text but with the cr/lf characters included. There used to be an option called "Insert Line Breaks" that appeared when you chose save as .txt. What version of Word are you using? This option is still present in Word 2003. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "BANCADO" <BANCADO@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A9C988AC-B436-4AC7-BC23-7251B628F4A6@microsoft.com... >I need to be able to save file as text but with the cr/lf charact...

Issues with Selecting Items and changing layout
I'm using Access 2007. I could use some recommendations on 'selecting' and shortening or lengthening lines on a report. I seem to first have a hard time just selecting a line if it is close to text boxes, etc. without moving the text box out of the way ... Then when I do get it selected, it still seems hard to make 'controlled' changes. Is there a way of enlarging a portion of the screen? The arrow keys on the keyboard seem to help moving something like a text box; and holding down the shift key sometimes helps in selecting items .... are there other keys that may ...

purchase limits
Is there any way anybody can think of that i could limit the purhase of an item to 1 per customer ever? I know of the purchase limits feature - but not sure how capable it is! I want to use this for a coupon i will be emailing - so that the customer can only use it once, and not print multiple copies! Any suggestions greatly appreciated! Philip, Looks like you can use limit purchases to limit the purchase to 1 item per customer, but this will only work for 1 year. If this is acceptable to you I'd say go for it. If your coupon expired before 1 year is up you could simply make ...