Publishing queries into shared queries?

Hi,

    I have created a new query in Bussiness portal 2.5. it is adding into
'My Queries' folder. And it is available to me only. No other is able to see
that Query.
I guess I need to move my query into shared Query folder. But I don't how to
do it. can anybody kindly help. its very urgent.

-prabhakar
0
reddy (6)

Prabhakar,

The following section in the Business Portal Administrator's Guide explains
how to share queries:

Sharing queries among users

Only the Business Portal administrator can choose which queries to share;
individual users cannot share the queries they create.

To share queries among users:

1. Open the Organize Queries page.
Site Settings > Portal Elements > Organize Queries

2. In the list of all existing queries in the tree view on the left, select
the query to
share among users. For information about finding a query, see How queries are
organized on page 75.

3. Click Move to Folder to move the query to a shared query folder. The Browse
for Folder dialog box appears, where you can select a shared folder for any
one
of the functional area center pages. This makes the query available to all
users
of the query page associated with that center page.

4. Click OK to save changes.

--
Alyssa Short
Technical Writer

"Prabhakar Reddy" wrote:

> Hi,
>
>     I have created a new query in Bussiness portal 2.5. it is adding into
> 'My Queries' folder. And it is available to me only. No other is able to see
> that Query.
> I guess I need to move my query into shared Query folder. But I don't how to
> do it. can anybody kindly help. its very urgent.
>
> -prabhakar
0
ashort (25)

Product Key Query #2
I have a mac office 2004 product with 3 product keys. What has happened is that i installed it, it read the product key and then nothing happened... so I wasted a whole product key. Can i get help so I can re-use it and also help with the installation. I have a macbook - white - 2.00GHz On 30/1/07 07:28, in article 1170142138.929014.146590@a34g2000cwb.googlegroups.com, "airplanes.simmons@gmail.com" <airplanes.simmons@gmail.com> wrote: > I have a mac office 2004 product with 3 product keys. What has > happened is that i installed it, it read the product key and ...

Why is Publisher crashing when I select Print Preview?
I've used Print Preview before, but now the whole program closes when I select it. It doesn't make a difference whether I select it on the toolbar or from the dropdown menus. Any thoughts. Go to the manufacturer's web site of your graphics card and look around for an updated driver. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Leah S-W" <Leah S-W@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4B027FA0-7425-4CF9-94BE-0CA15A05FF45@microsoft.com... > I've used Print Preview before, but now the ...

Custom LDAP/OPATH query to create custom address list?
I'm going to ask this again because it seems to be a big problem going to exchange 2007. How does one create a custom LDAP query to an external server to build a custom address list? It would be nice to be able to create custom address lists built on LDAP queries to Active Directory or OpenLDAP, etc. Can this be done? Only recipients in Active Directory can appear in Address Lists. You would have to import external recipients into AD as Contacts to be able to do this. -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: exchangepedia.com/blog ------------------------...

Sharing Outlook folders #2
Is there a software/tool that can manage the permission on Outlook folders? I need to give permission other people to access my folders. How can I give permission on the parent folder and apply the change to all the subfolders in Outlook? I am using Outlook 2003. See http://www.slipstick.com/exs/permissions.htm#tools --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "Tiffany" <tiffany@vpvp.com> wrote in message = news:eKMNJbJiFHA.20...

query timing out. how do you stop this from happening?
What can be done to keep a querie from constantly timing out? Almost all my queries and functions are doing this lately as my database grows. Any advice on this is very much welcome. Thanks, MC -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-queries/200705/1 ...

auto table of contents in publisher??
Is there the functionality to create a TOC in publisher that can be linked to Heading styles or something like is avail. in MS Word. thanks in advance Scott scott wrote: > Is there the functionality to create a TOC in publisher > that can be linked to Heading styles or something like is > avail. in MS Word. > > thanks in advance > > Scott Nope. No, create it in Word or do it manually which really is the answer if you want a top class job. -- ...

"Publisher has detected a problem in the file" error message 11009
"Publisher has detected a problem in the file you are trying to open. To protect your computer, Publisher will not open the file." "Was this information helpful?" What? What information? Four days working on a brochure and now I can't open it! Any suggestions or places to start? Note possible related event. This occurred after deleting McAfee Security software, and the file has internal hyperlinks (hyperlinks to pages within document" Do you know anyone else with Publisher? Send it to them and see if they can open it. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [P...

Sharing causes exaggerated size file
When I copy an excel file to another user's PC and he enabled the macros, the size of the file doubles!! Any idea how to avoid this? ...

excel2000-password shared file over wireless network-crashing
I have a file that is password protected and shared by two people over a wireless network. It is constantly crashing while saving. Does anybody have any ideas on the problem? I turned off the password ans still have the same problem. I haven't heard anybody complain about excel2000 crashing while shared. Any help would be great. Would excel 2003 work? I don't really want to upgrade since there is very little difference between the both. Thanks, Joe ...

How do you view a document that was done in publisher without hav
How do you view a document that was done in publisher if you do not have publisher or you have an older version than what it was designed in? Is there a reader file for this? no you could output the file to a pdf if you have Acrobat distiller/writer or use CutePDF or PrimoPDF "Becky" <Becky @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4409C440-727A-4988-9614-E04DB27CBE80@microsoft.com... | How do you view a document that was done in publisher if you do not have | publisher or you have an older version than what it was designed in? Is | there a reader file for t...

Running Sum Query
friends, > Q.1: I have table "HMADetail" That has fields as > > Date Lot# SubLot# HMAPlacedToDay HMAPlacedToDate ....... > (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) > > I Have not created Query table from this table but created report with > fields (4) and (5) same. I set property for Field (5) with Running Sum > Overall. This report works good. But it writes all records from begining date > to end date. I need The end date records only. How do I get this without query table? > > Q2: If I have to creat ...

importing a large word document into Publisher XP
I am having a horrible time trying to figure out how to import a 24 page word document into a booklet format. I have been trying for two days to no avail. Please help me, this really shouldn't be this difficult! On your booklet's first page arrange the margins, create a text box to fit within your margin, with the text box selected, right-click, click change text, text file, browse to your Word file. Publisher will automatically create text boxes and pages. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "theworkin...

Help with expression builder in a select Query
I am a beginer of Access. I have a database that consists of 4 columns/fields of dates. These dates/fields can be filled or can be blank. I call them A, B, C, D. Now I want to make a query or report to retrieve the date data in the column/field of A. The criteria for this: all the dates in field A must be later /larger than those in field B or C or D if B or C or D contains any value. I queried the A,B,C,D from the table that contains these fields. The first criteria I wrote is "A is not Null". But then I want to say if B or C or D is not blank, A must be ...

Can I change the Excel Queries Developed From Reporting Tools
I have created the Excel iqy queries from the third party reporting tools and during the process there is an option either to pass the User Login id and Pass word as a parameter or not. We have developed some queries using generic id so that the users do not have to pass the Login id and password and now we want to change that. Is there a way to modify that excelquery.iqy file without redoing that. can i see the sql script of that "iqy" file. can i modify that? Please let me know. Thanks in advance!!!! .. ...

How do I print one page only in a Publisher catalog merge?
I'm doing a catalog merge in Publisher for the first time and want to print only the one sheet with the address on each. Does anyone know how to print one sheet only in a catalog merge? I'm desperate for help! In step 3(step 5 in 2003), create a new publication, select the page, print current page. Not sure this is the answer you are looking for. You don't need to save the new publication, but it is a way to print one page. -- Mary Sauer MVP http://msauer.mvps.org/ "woodlandsec" <woodlandsec@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:48...

Exact match query
My colleague told me that there's a function in sccess that can accomplish this. I need to check every month's report against the last. As I don't want to waste time checking those entries that were checked previously, I want to run a query to find the unmatched entries (comparing 2 tables). However, I don't have a primary key as these tables are imported from excel. I need to find an exact match for every cell in the row. I've tried running the unmatched query on access and it only matched the data in 1 column. How can I go about it? Is there a way to do it in ex...

Publisher 2011
Windows 7 / Publisher 2011 Is there a simple way to change the background color in a P2011 document? The 'Page Design', 'Backround' tab colors are limited and I see no way to add to them? In general, I'm finding it quite difficult to find answers to simple questions? Is there a good tutorial out there? - Thanks for your help, IM ...

Saving a Filter as a Query in VB Via a button, Can it be done?
Saving a Filter as a Query in VB Via a button, Can it be done? P.S. I use 07' More info can be found here about my question. http://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=145785 "JBurlison" wrote: > Saving a Filter as a Query in VB Via a button, Can it be done? P.S. I use 07' ...

Repeat complaint: Transfer Shares stupidity!
I'm sure others have reported this before, but now that I have the problem, I'll complain too. It's mind-numbing that Transfer Shares is supposed to exist to enable the cost basis trail to follow a security transfer but all of the performance reporting in Portfolio Manager ignores this trail and acts as though the Transfer Shares are virgin birth new shares the day of the transfer. Yet another example of how the people who design Money don't understand or care how it is actually used and, for that matter, don't really use it themselves sufficient to see the impact o...

Microsoft Query is changing a negative number into a date
I am using Microsoft Query to pull a subset of a large excel file however two of my columns which are suppose to be numbers are not pulling in the negative numbers. If I look at the query in microsoft database the number shows up as a date/time string. I've tried formatting the original number as a number but the query still won't read the negative number. How do I get the query to read a negative number as a number and not a date. Hi Highlight the columns and format as a date "mowens" wrote: > I am using Microsoft Query to pull a subset of a large ex...

Long Print Times w/ Publisher mail merge
I frequently have mail merge documents cretaed in Pub 2007. They work great, but it takes forever publisher to release/spool these documents to the printer, and for the documents to print. I think I understand why this happens, what I am after is a way to print faster. Does anyone have any tricks to reduce the file size that is sent to the printer? Surely there must be a way around this, a way to print these mail merges faster. Anyone? Do you have a lot of images? Gradients? Is your printer driver current? Have you looked at the printer settings? Can you change the spooler settings, do...

Expression builder in a select query
I want to determine the qualifying % of commission based on Margin $ as follows <74.99 0.00% >75 and <149.99 8% >150 and <249.99 10% >25 and <349.99 12% >400 14% My expression below do not produce correct results.I need help. COMM_RATE: IIf([Net_Margin]<74.99,"0.00",IIf([Net_Margin]<149.99,"8.00",IIf([Net_Margin]<224.99,"10.00",IIf([Net_Margin]<399.99,"12.00",IIf([Net_Margin]>400,"14.00",0))))) COMM_RATE: IIf([Net_Margin]<74.99,"0.00" ,IIf([Net_Margin]<149.99,"...

Date time combined query
I need to pull all records out of a main table from a beginning date at a certain time.... till a ending date at a cerain time. please help Do you have significant table and field names that you can share? I always recommend creating a form with controls that allow users to enter or select criteria values that can be used to filter a query, form, or report. -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP If I have helped you, please help me by donating to UCP http://www.access.hookom.net/UCP/Default.htm "Desperate Wes" wrote: > I need to pull all records out of a main table from ...

Some help with a query
I am trying make a query that will create a dataset for a report. Basically what I need to do is use two views, the leads view and the annotations view. I would like to have it show some info about the lead (i.e. contact person, company name, etc) and then have it show the notes field from the annotations view. I have tried several ways of doing this but can not find the correct join that will show all the records and match them with the correct notes. Any help is appreciated. xxdcmast, I hope you're using SRS or straight SQL for the query you're trying to pull. Advance Find...

Upper/Lower case query
In earlier versions of Access there was a query, which I cannot remember now, that changed all caps data into upper and lower case. It would leave the first letter upper and change the others to lower case. Does anyone know how to do that in Access 2007? Sounds like you used the StrConv() function, possibly in an Update query. -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. "Reppope" <Reppope@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F3B56...