Prospect require a Portfolio Management to integrate with GP

Does anyone knows any soution that can manage client portfolio at the same
time it also can link with GP for manage accounting and finance.

Prospect requirements

Client & Agents Mgmt

- Customer Profiling - Add/Edit/Delete Customer details
- Agents Profiling - Add/Edit/Delete Customer accounts (commitment,
invested, redeemed) amounts
- Generate monthly reports of portfolio holdings
- Cheque reconciliation
- Agents Commissions monitoring (up-front & trailer)
- Referrals commissions monitoring
- Generate monthly commissions report

Portfolio Mgmt

- Handle buying and selling of shares (listed & unlisted), money market,
fixed deposits, bonds, debentures
- Track & monitor mgmt/custodian fees
- Monthly/Yearly/Year-to-date values of holdings
- Balance Sheet
- Profit & Loss Analysis
- Daily Transaction report
0
Chris6982 (632)

MS Picture manager- resizing
I want to always save pictures from a camera to small document size and at present have to do this each time manually. Is there a way to reset to always save to that small size. Appreciate any help out there. Digital photos in a camera or on memory card do not have any dimensions at that stage. They are merely expressed as so many pixels wide by so many high. It is in editing software that the user fixes the desired size. So as far as I know there's no way to automate that process, leastways not with the Office Picture Manager. ...

Could excel replace accounting packages or other management software?
With the right templates, I wonder if it would be practical to manage finances for a smaill business, or an individual, with just excel? Could excel be practically used to replace other management software? Maybe personal organizers, contact management, that sort of thing? It seems like there would be a place to get such templates. There are many places that sell templates for such purposes. All you need is a credit card. Search google using keywords like "Excel" and "template". HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >With the right templates, I won...

CRM Integration requires NTFS formatted hard drive
Hi, When I'm trying to instal MSCRM Integration with Great Plains v. 1.2 results in this error -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Microsoft CRM Integration requires NTFS formatted hard drive. Please resolve the issue and re-start setup -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- The integration server is running on Win 2000 Server SP4. The system partition and hard drive already using NTFS file system. Any suggestions? Thanx, David ...

Copy setup and master on GP 9.0
Does any one know how to copy all setup and master tables from the existing company to a new company? The GP version is 9.0 and SQL Server is 2005. I found following KB article, but it is for GP 8.0 https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/KBDisplay.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;872709 Thanks, Hiroshi ------=_NextPart_0001_55418947 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hiroshi, You are correct. KB article 872709 "How to copy setup tables from one company to another in Great Plains" will work. It works for both 8.0 and 9.0. If you need help on how to copy tables, there...

Requiring a password?
How do you require exchange/outlook to require a password to access the mail client? I know there is a way in Outlook but is there a way to apply global settings across the board so I don't have to configure each client? This is for a Windows 2000 server running exchange 5.5. yes, you can set it to prompt for credentials...what version Outlook? it's in a different place in different versions... "John Wilt" <JohnWilt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E8BB6903-5341-4FEE-8BC7-F33CEF32EAB1@microsoft.com... > How do you require exchange/outlook to ...

Software requirements on protected servers with DPM 2010
Is there the same requirement on the server I want to protect with DPM 2010 as with DPM 2007? (Regarding OS,SQL,Exchange versions and service pack level) hi Johnz Check if the link: http://blogs.technet.com/dpm/archive/2007/07/16/dpm-and-production-server-pre-requisites-exhaustive.aspx helps? Regards, Venkat[MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "johnez" <johnez@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:400BDA13-0DCB-49A1-B166-53A0C2F47614@microsoft.com... > Is there the same requirement o...

Integration manager
I'm not able to load GL transactions via Integration Manager now that I have Anaylitcal Acct installed. Suggestions? Thanks, S "Sherry" wrote: > I'm not able to load GL transactions via Integration Manager now that I have > Anaylitcal Acct installed. > > Suggestions? > > Thanks, > S Unfortunately, there's nothing you can do with IM. SmartConnect from eOne Solutions (www.eonesolutions.net) will import GL transactions with AA data. eOne, in case you don't know, was the developer of Extender and SmartList Builder. -- Charles Alle...

Require timesheet submission
Can GP or Business Portal be configured to require a project timesheet submission from all empolyees in each period? Could this be done with Extender or Modifier? Thanks We are using GP with BP & PDK for our client. MV nj.tech@hotmail.com "Aelx" wrote: > Can GP or Business Portal be configured to require a project timesheet > submission from all empolyees in each period? > > Could this be done with Extender or Modifier? > > Thanks How did you code in the system that a user MUST submit a timesheet? "manick" wrote: > We are using GP...

Managing Resources.
Looking for recommendations on applications to use for managing resource mailbox? I've looked at Simpler Webbs Exchange Resource Manager, but I want to know what else is out there, and if anyone recommends a particular one. TIA Hello, Thanks for your post! According to your information, I think you want to find a 3rd party software to manager the Exchange resource? Meanwhile, what kind of resource you want to manager, the database or the AV? Regards, Hao Mailboxes that are used to schedule resources like conference rooms.... "Hao Fu [MSFT]" <haofu@online.microsof...

MSCRM Contact-Account Name Integration to Outlook Contacts-Account Name Field
Folks, I have a prospective customer that does heavy duty synching from Outlook to his Palm PDA... He doesn't want to buy any add on's right now... Is there a work around that will push the Account Name Field of MSCRM into the Contact's Company Name Field when the go offline and synch. This information is helpful otherwise all mscrm contacts do not have a company name associated with the Contact in Outlook Contacts... Any help is appreciated. Regards, Bob Bob, You're not alone. Check out my inquiry titled 'Importing Outlook Contacs' about 6 pages ago. ...

Prospects
I know how to add a prospect to our customer base... but how to I assign it to an existing customer?? Neil, If you create a quote for the prospect, at the time of transferring the quote to an order or invoice the system will ask you what customer to transfer it to. I don't think there is any other way to 'assign' prospects to customers. Hope that answers your question. -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP "Neil" <Neil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:79F296ED-9FA0-484B-AB60-AF0E4BFE1F5F@microsoft.com... >I know how to add a prospect to o...

Exchange System Manager #6
Is it possible to download or buy just the Exchange System Manager for Exchange Server 2003? I don't have the Exchange 2003 disks and I just want to be able to manage some servers from a laptop. Thanks. Rob Nope, you will need the Exchange CD to install ESM. You might also look at Terminal Services or RDP to your Exchange Server which is very convenient and what I prefer to use. -- John Oliver, Jr. MCSE, MCT, CCNA, Exchange MVP Microsoft Certified Partner "Rob" <rob@nospam.com> wrote in message news:PYudnVF3EuNbkX3fRVn-2Q@speakeasy.net... > Is it possible...

GP Training
I am presently using Great Plains for A/P. I have also worked with GP for A/R. I am interested in learning more about Great Plains. I was wondering if there were any hands on training seminars. At my work we have a consulting group come in every few months to answer questions and create reports. I would like to know more about report writing and how to use other modules besides Purchasing and Financial. I realize GP is a great tool that is being under-utilized at my work. Check out the eLearning opportunities on Customer Source: https://mbs.microsoft.com/customersource/training/l...

Tracking Foreign Stocks in Portfolio Manager
Hi I am evaluating the trial version of Money 2007 and it can do everything that I want it to do with the exception of correctly tracking foreign stocks. The problem is that of the calculation of Cost Basis (Book cost). I have a number of stocks quoted on the London and European exchanges. When I record a "Buy", money asks me for the exchange rate and correctly calculates the Base Currency cost of the transaction. However, in the Portfolio review, if the exchange rate then changes, the Pounds Sterling and Euro stocks then show an incorrect Book Cost (both in local and base ...

Dynamics GP Web Services installation | Fatal Error
Am trying to install Web Services for GP 10.0 but as soon as I launch the DynamicsGPWebServices.msi installer it pops up this message: "Your operating system does not meet the minimum requirements for Web Services for Microsoft Dynamics GP. The supported operating systems are Windows 2003 Server (Standard and Enterprise edition) Small Business 2003, and Windows Vista." It then displays "A fatal error was encountered" and closes. We are on Windows Server 2008 64-bit. I have installed before in Win 2008 so I know it is supported. What could be wrong? Might ...

AD requirement of CRM
I understand that CRM needs have an AD domain, presumably for schema updates etc but do all the users of the CRM system actually need to have accounts in AD ? We have a customer who's MIS department has gone out and bought a CRM 3.0 based solution, but unfortunatly the customer does not have AD deployed and has 24,000 accounts in another directory (NDS) Will just creating a domain for the servers but have LDAP lookups to the directory with the accounts in work ? Or do we need to have the 800 or so CRM users created in AD ? We'd need to have some dir / password sync in this ca...

user manager error 05-12-04
i can't run the user manager within deployment manager. It tells me the localhost is unavailble or i don't have permissions. I am running sbs 2003 premium server, i have checked the tech knowledge and found a similiar problem related to the integrated security on the website, but i followed the instructions and still nothing. I think it is a permission thing, but i honestly don't know where to begin. Please give me some insight! Jim Are you able to access the web client? Did you assign a license to the user you used when you installed the app? Matt Parks ---------...

Upgrade requirements?
I know that the Microsoft Office 2004 upgrade requires a valid license for Office X, or one of its components. I need to know whether I need the original install CD to do the upgrade. My problem is that I bought MS Word X for an elderly, computer-illiterate friend. He has a valid license for Word X. However he has probably lost the install CD. I want to buy him the upgrade, but I don't want to buy the product from scratch again. I buy Office for myself under a university site license, so I have no experience with the upgrade. Thanks in advance, David Wagner In article <BDDDFD2B....

do i require pop3?
requirement : there will be one e-mail address. External users will send attachments to this e-mail address and i would be downloading it from here. cant i do this by only smtp enabled on exchange server, which is by default? "Jack Dorson" <JackDorson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E562CC95-D3FE-4158-AE7D-352C545A7228@microsoft.com... > requirement : there will be one e-mail address. External users will send > attachments to this e-mail address and i would be downloading it from > here. > > cant i do this by only smtp enabled on exchange se...

As in GP ver7.5 allow the removal of the SQL user integration
Ver 10 of GP enrypts the user password in such a way that the user can't login using their profile to any other SQL process. Ver 7.5 allowed the detaching of this encryption facility in GP. Removing this ability is a backward step. The ability to detach the GP to SQL user integration should be reinstated. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion i...

space requirements for upgrade
Hi there, I am running Exchange 2000 Standard and want to upgrade to Exchange 2003 Standard. Can someone tell me approximately how much disk space I need for this operation? Thanks, Steve. For the hardware requirements, check this http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/evaluation/sysreqs/2003.mspx and there is a great tutorial for Exchange 2000 upgrade, check it here http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/Upgrade_Exchange_2000_to_2003.html -- Loay Olabi MCSA, MCSE Website: http://www.olabinet.net Blog: http://www.olabinet.net/loay "Steve" wrote: > Hi there, > > I am runnin...

SUMIF help required
Dear gods of Excel can you please help, I have the following list, assume todays date is 25/11 Date Type Sq Ins 23/11 C 10 23/11 M 15 23/11 C 25 24/11 C 25 24/11 C 30 24/11 M 25 24/11 C 10 25/11 C 5 25/11 M 15 25/11 C 20 I have the following formula =SUMIF(B2:B11,"C",C2:C11) This adds up all my ‘C’ another formula adds up my ‘M’ What I want to do is the same but only add up if date is today (ie 25/11) and another formula which adds up for all of yesterday (24/11) I don’t want to change the formula every time, so I don’t want to reference today’s and yesterdays date in numbers....

Collections Management for Business Essentials
We are looking for a Collections Management option for a customer who has the GP Business Essentials suite and does not have budget for Advanced Management. We are looking at Extender as a possibility however are wondering if anyone is aware of any other Collections Management option for customers on Business Essentials. Thanks, Rick ...

Manage Multiple Mailboxes
My manager likes me to manage his Mailbox. I have permissions to his entire mailbox. He has a .pst folder where we store e-mails that we want to keep. It is just more convenient. Is there anyway we can share these without putting them on the Exchange Server. We are using Outlook 2003. Any help is appreciated. Not really. Placing .PST files on a network share is not supported because this often leads to corruption, plus they can only be accessed by one user at a time. Hal -- Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com Senior Engineer/MIS -- MS MVP-Print/Imaging -- WA7BGX http://www.kvo...

Upgrade (and migrate to new server via TEMP server) from GP9 to GP
Scenario: Upgrading our Great Plains 9 SP1 installation to the latest version of 10. Moving to a new server at the same time. Moving productions files to TEMP server to perform the actual upgrade. Current Server configuration: - GP9 SP1 - SQL 2000 SP4 - Windows 2003 Standard TEMP Server configuration: - 2003 Server standard - SQL 2005 We will be using a 3rd temporary server to perform the actual upgrade so we can leave the production system fully intact. Questions below: Does it matter which collation we pick for the install on the TEMP server? Does it need to mat...