Project sample data in TWO

I had to reinstall The World Online company and can't get
the Project Accounting sample data macro to complete.  I
have tried all of the techknowledges on GP
knowledgebase.  It keeps stopping in different places.I
have had to uninstall and reinstall many times.
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get this
accomplished?

Thanks
Gina

This macro has not run without error since version 60.

0
anonymous (74722)
9/1/2004 4:45:25 PM
I know that it is fairly important to run the Project demo
data macro on a fresh install and have your date format
set to US (MM/DD/YYYY).

You can easily restart macros from a specific line using
the Advanced Macro Menu Status window.

Add ShowAdvancedMacroMenu=TRUE into your Dex.ini to add
the extra menu.

David Musgrave
Senior Development Consultant
MBS Services - Asia Pacific

Microsoft Business Solutions

mailto:dmusgrav@nospam-microsoft.com

0
dmusgrav (157)
9/2/2004 2:40:39 AM
The good news is that v8 works fine!
As for previous versions the following problems
consistently reappear for us:
1. Need to change date to US format before running.
2. Ensure that when you select a record in the employee
maintenance window the notes field on the employee works
ok.
3. When it tries to enter the vendor/customer maintenance
the macro fails because we install the UK version.

Hope this helps.

merging rows of data ?
I have Windows XP, Excel Vsn 2002. I have created an Excel file of 37 rows, one cell (cell A) on each row. Would it be possible to merge the rows together so that more than one row will fit on a single line of text? I would like to put all of the data into a single Msft Word paragraph, if possible. All replies welcomed! Aaron It's lame, but if you hear of nothing tighter, Copy the column paste special / transpose to A2 or somewhere copy that paste to Notepad copy again (Ctrl-A, Ctrl-C) paste to word That's at least 9 keystrokes with 1 or more clicks - weak but effective. On...

Adding dependencies to a Setup Project.
When I add an exe developed in VB to a setup Project it adds dlls to the Detected Dependencies. When I add an OCX created in C++ no dependencies are added. Is there a way for the setup project to detect dependencies for an OCX and add them? If not is there a way to add dependencies manually? I wrote an OCX with one simple method. Is there way to eliminate some of the dll dependencies needed for the project? Right now it needs MFC70.DLL MSVCR70.DLL KERNEL32.DLL USER32.DLL GDI32.DLL OLEAUT32.DLL Thank You for you help. Jim wrote: > When I add an exe developed in VB to a setup Proj...

How to combine two reports in one chart
I'm working on a shipping report that includes 3 different shipping regions. I created new reports for each region and now I want them to be in one common chart. How do I do that? Byron720;575293 Wrote: > I'm working on a shipping report that includes 3 different shipping > regions. > I created new reports for each region and now I want them to be in one > common > chart. How do I do that? create a table that consolidates your three reports and base the chart on that table. -- teylyn Telyn -- 'teylyn.posterous.com' (http://teylyn.pos...

Get external data locks csv file
I have a scenerio where I am querying a csv file off from a network drive using excel. This file is appended with information written by another computer. When I import a text file using a database query with the microsoft text driver I intermittently experience a permission denied on the computer writing to this csv file. There is no need for excel to lock the csv file qhen querying (as I am not writing to the file). I modified the DSN file to add readonly=1 which did not work. How can I resolve this issue? Thanks for your help. Dustin ...

Outlook-Recover data lost on reinstall
Had to reconfigure Outlook 2002 by reinstalling Microsoft XP Small Business disk. It gave me a message that I could recover my data and move it from the old folders to the new.Help - how do I do that? ...

One Line of Data Per Page of Report
When viewing/printing reports reports we are only getting one line of data per page. So instead of having a 5 page report with 60 entires we have a 60 page report with 1 entry per page. Is there an easy way to solve this probelm? We are not very familar with access and need this problem solved. Thanks! On Thu, 17 Jan 2008 11:07:03 -0800, Coutu <Coutu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >When viewing/printing reports reports we are only getting one line of data >per page. So instead of having a 5 page report with 60 entires we have a 60 >page report with 1 entry per pag...

data conversion
For DOM in .NET, the attribute of an element can be set by: XmlElement.SetAttribute(string name, string value); It only takes string as value. Is there a version that would take other types (such as int, enum...)? If not, when I read it back as a string, how do I convert it? I know the destination data type by calling oDestination.GetType(). ...

Scrolling Along Data Line
Often, but not always, when I scroll along my chart data line to examine data, my date information often comes out like this: "7 day" point "39445" Value:141 In other words, my date "39445" is not shown as "Dec. 30"?? Why not? Thanks, FLKulchar ...

Wanted: Data Analysis Workbook
Hi All, I am generating large amounts of data that need to be analyzed on the fly. To simplify the problem, consider an Excel workbook that has n number of data sheets, S1 to Sn. Each spreadsheet has 5 columns, C1 to C5 and x number of rows, R1 to Rx, in addition to the a header row. The workbook also has one main sheet called Smain. The workbook should be capable of doing the following automatically, either by pressing a button or auto-refresh when the data is updated: 1. The rows of each data sheet should be sorted max to min according to C3. 2. If the maximum value in C3 of a given sheet...

Installing Project Time and Expense on Business Portal
When I try to install this component, it tells me that Project Time and expense is not installed/registered in the backoffice. Now, I do have Project Accounting installed, up and running. How do I get Project Time and expense to register in the backoffice Hi We had the same problem but now solved this. First you need to make sure Project is registered in GP. Then you need to setup Project in GP (system level), once done you should be able to install BP 2.5 with Project time and Expense. If you have not setup Project in GP (after the Project installation etc..) you will still get t...

Saving worksheet as CSV after pulling data from an external data source
All, I am trying to load an Excel workbook. Have that workbook update from an external datasource (oracle). Then save as a CSV. I have tried putting code in the "on workbook open" but code is run before the data is refreshed. The data is set to auto-refresh on startup Does anyone have any suggestions? Thank you. Richard Richard, Use the Application.Ontime method to schedule an second macro (one that does the worksheet export) a short time after the workbook opens, to give the data pull time to finish. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "Richard Edwards" <richard@not.my...

Truncation of Data Validation Input Message
A data validation message is displayed correctly on the machine on which the workbook was developed. When running the workbok on another machine, the last few lines of the data validation message are cut off. I believe this is related to the monitor resolution setting. Is there a way to gauarantee that the complete message will be displayed? I'm thinking of a macro that changes a setting when the workbook is opened, and restoring the setting when it's closed. Thanks for your attention. ...

data labels for an excel scatter chart
have 3 columns ... col 1 are data point labels (text; a,b,c, etc.) ... col 2 and 3 are x, y data points (numbers) ... i want to use scatter plot to plot x,y values (can do) ... but can't figure out how to put the data label on each x,y data point ... defaults to give me the x value as the label for each point Hi Dave, Yes, there is no built in way to get the data labels link to an additional column of data. That said you can link a data label to a cell, And Rob Bovey has the perfect free addin to do this. http://www.appspro.com/Utilities/ChartLabeler.htm Cheers Andy dave c wrote:...

Managing Project with only Project Server and not Project Professi
My company is currently testing Project Server 2007. While we also have the desk top client Microsoft Office Project Professional our Portfilio Manager would like to know if it is possible to also have projects managed using only the web face applicaiton. While we have Project Managers here we also have other positions here that will manage task like projects who have never used the desk top applicaiton. Rather than having to have the application installed on everyone's computer and training half our department my manager wanted to know if it could be done just using web. ...

Opening Projects with Project Pro is slow
Hi, do you have any recommendations how to tackle performance bootlenecks when opening project plans wiht Project Pro is sometimes very slow? Thanks for any advice Adrian -- Adrian Miller Which version of Project Server, what service packs and CU's do you have installed and what circumstances? -- Rod Gill Microsoft MVP for Project - http://www.project-systems.co.nz Author of the only book on Project VBA, see: http://www.projectvbabook.com "Adrian Miller" <adrian.miller@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:#YhVTuevKHA.404@TK2MSFTNGP...

Project Accounting
Hi, I have had a question from a customer who uses project accounting (V10). They have set up a project with 2 fees attached. Originally the Tax Schedule against the Fee IDs was set as 'Based on Customer' and they have processed some invoices. Now it has been establised that one of the Fees should be 'Non-taxable'. The Fee ID has had this change made. For the project, when drilling back against the individual Fee line -the fees still shows as 'Based On Customer' Is it just a simple matter of changing the tax schedule at this point? I am a complete beginner at Pro...

filter data
hi i have a database in excell this database is going to collect and store data over a 12 month period as you can imagine there is going to be a lot of data collected over the 12 months i have created 12 worksheets that i have filtered by month each of the worksheets is linked to the main database this means that each worksheet is goning to be the same size as main database is it possable to transfer data only if the date is in range i.e only send data to jan worksheet if date is in range 1/1/04 to 31/1/04 thanks in advance kevin Hi it's possible with array formulas but this will pr...

help in my project
this is a big question and hope I'll find a help I enter in the cell B1 sheet1 the name of the material and in the cells from B2 to B10 the prices my question so if I'll enter the name of the material(B1) in the cell A1 sheet2 it will show all the prices of B2 to B10 in the cells A2 to A10 so what is the code for that? -- nader ------------------------------------------------------------------------ nader's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=10881 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=470988 nader Wr...

Implementing a Label with certain data in Chart
Dear All ! I have a data set plotted in Excel. Is there any way to show automatically the minimum, maximum and median value of this data set on the chart? (In a form of label or anything similar) Minimum and maximum values are already part of data set. Median value is a calculated value and is in another cell(not part of data set). Thank You in advance I'd probably do this in a manner similar to what Jon Peltier shows here for the Vertical Category Axis. http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Y_CategoryAxis.html You could then create a custom format for each "Label" s...

Split data in cell from external source
I've got some data which originated from an external source (a Notes database via NotesSQL) which has returned an array of some sort in one of the columns. So I've got data in cells like value1**value2**value3. Each * is actually an empty square character, similar to what you get if you haven't a font to display a particular character. When clicking on the cell, the edit box a the top shows: value1* value2* value3 i.e. the second of the empty boxes is replaced by a carriage return. I wonder if this is a Unixy carriage return I've got here? Now what I need is for each value...

two mail exchanges
I am going to host my company's mail exchange on a new SBS 2003 server but one issue I have to account for is this I have 16 accounts that use our old Exchange 5.5 to route mail out to individual Earthlink pop accounts retrieved via dialup. These are stores and they give out their Exchange 5.5 mail address to customers but then check for new mail on their respective Earthlink accounts. I want to retire the Exchange 5.5 server and domain but I will need to continue accepting/forwarding mail to their Earthlink accounts, and I don't think I will be able to sell the idea that they shoul...

Changed location of a few files in a vc7 project, now project can't find stdafx.h despite it not moving
Hello, thanks for trying to help. I have a project in which I moved some files out of the project directory into a sibling directory of the project directory because more than one project refers to these files. But, after that, the compiler just can't seem to find a bunch of files, in particularly stdafx.h, despite the fact that I did not move that file. I tried putting the sibling dir in project properties under additional includes directories, but that did not work, either. The only thing that (partly) worked was to hardcode the path of all included files into the include directives,...

Copied a form but can't add new data
Hi I have created a form which suits my needs. I made a copy of it since it has many features I needed for another table. In my copied form, I can't add or make changes to the new form. How do I make it so I can amend, revise or add new data? Thank you in advance for your help. How have you tried to make changes? What kind of error messages (if any) are you getting? Is it a problem with changing the design of the form, or with using the form to change data in the underlying table? How is the new form "connected to" the data in the (new) table? How i...

MS Project integration
Can someone help me... If I am in the wrong group, please direct me to a more appropriate one. Even point me to a help system online would be fine... I am trying to write some software that links into MS Project and collects resource information through the API. I am using Microsoft Visual Studio, C++ 6. I have an MSProject Application and I want to call the FileOpen() method. There are 15 parameters in the method, but I don't know what values the method is expecting for those parameters. The only help I can find is in the VB Object Browser within MS Project and it just repeats the ...

The macros in this project are disabled.
From the ControlBox when clicking on the Exit Design Mode button, I get a message: The macros in this project are disabled. This is preventing me from running my project. Any Ideas ??? Try Help>About Ms Excel>Disabled items. Anything there that you can re-enable? Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sat, 10 May 2008 14:16:53 -0700 (PDT), Greg <ApexData@gmail.com> wrote: >From the ControlBox when clicking on the Exit Design Mode button, I >get a message: > >The macros in this project are disabled. > >This is preventing me from running my project. > >Any Idea...