Project Accounting Solution for GP

Hi,

We are currently using Great Plains Version 7.0 and looking for a complete
Project Management tool which can be used across our Group companies. Can
any one suggest any solution? We are based in UK and have offices around the
world.

Regards,

Ani

0
anonymous (74721)

There are two project solutions for Great Plains - Microsoft's own project
management add-on for GP and a third-party product from Jovaco.
I have heard a lot of good things about Jovaco, and a mixed reviews about
MBS Project.
To be fair, The Jovaco version was being installed at a relatively small
firm with some but not extensive customization.  The MBS project was
being implemented at a huge Law firm with a tremendous amount of
customizations
and large transaction volumes.

However, both products are supposed to be very good even if
they are very complicated; But that is the nature of project accounting .

HS

"Ani" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> We are currently using Great Plains Version 7.0 and looking for a complete
> Project Management tool which can be used across our Group companies. Can
> any one suggest any solution? We are based in UK and have offices around
the
> world.
>
> Regards,
>
> Ani

0
HSalim (1270)
8/18/2004 3:44:25 PM
Hi,

Great Plains Project Accounting is a Project Costing tool
which (in a nutshell) you can use to control costs on a
project, raise PO's and bill clients. It integrates with
the backoffice and has addons for web-based time entry,
and electronic requisitions.

This is fully supported in the UK, if you require further
info, contact me via e-mail.
Hope this helps.
Steve

I'm just completing a two year project to implement Great
Plains Project Accounting for a large multi-national firm
in the professional services industry.

I've had great success with Project Accounting, and
eEnterprise in general. Highly recommended.

Set up and planning before implementation are always
important steps, but more so for this product because
there are lots of options.

Be sure you know what you want before you start.

I'm happy to discuss my experience, feel free to email
len@lpnn.ca

Len Wright

0
Len8061 (1)

Adding dependencies to a Setup Project.
When I add an exe developed in VB to a setup Project it adds dlls to the Detected Dependencies. When I add an OCX created in C++ no dependencies are added. Is there a way for the setup project to detect dependencies for an OCX and add them? If not is there a way to add dependencies manually? I wrote an OCX with one simple method. Is there way to eliminate some of the dll dependencies needed for the project? Right now it needs MFC70.DLL MSVCR70.DLL KERNEL32.DLL USER32.DLL GDI32.DLL OLEAUT32.DLL Thank You for you help. Jim wrote: > When I add an exe developed in VB to a setup Proj...

Installing Project Time and Expense on Business Portal
When I try to install this component, it tells me that Project Time and expense is not installed/registered in the backoffice. Now, I do have Project Accounting installed, up and running. How do I get Project Time and expense to register in the backoffice Hi We had the same problem but now solved this. First you need to make sure Project is registered in GP. Then you need to setup Project in GP (system level), once done you should be able to install BP 2.5 with Project time and Expense. If you have not setup Project in GP (after the Project installation etc..) you will still get t...

Managing Project with only Project Server and not Project Professi
My company is currently testing Project Server 2007. While we also have the desk top client Microsoft Office Project Professional our Portfilio Manager would like to know if it is possible to also have projects managed using only the web face applicaiton. While we have Project Managers here we also have other positions here that will manage task like projects who have never used the desk top applicaiton. Rather than having to have the application installed on everyone's computer and training half our department my manager wanted to know if it could be done just using web. ...

Great Plains
I have a problem when printing checks. Sometimes the checks print right away and sometimes they print 2 or 3 hours later. Sometimes they don't print at all. I am not sure why this is happening. We have about 14 users logging into the Windows 2003 server. Each user has multiple printers. Some have 2, some have 4. Is there a limit to the number of printers that a user can have when they attach to the server. There are no printers connected to the server. The printers are connected to a novell system. I had a problem at a client's office like this. Two things were done. ...

Open Mailbox after Disabling user account
Is there a way to Open a users mailbox after the AD user account has been disabled? Or then reenabled? I tried both and it just states that it cannot expand the folders. I'm trying to add the mailbox to another users Outlook 2003 Client (using Exchange Server) and selecting the previously disabled account in the "Open these additional mailboxes" listbox. What is the best procedure should you want to disable the account, and still have access to the old mail messages? Any help is appreciated. Hi, If you add the associated external account permission to the disabled users ...

Opening Projects with Project Pro is slow
Hi, do you have any recommendations how to tackle performance bootlenecks when opening project plans wiht Project Pro is sometimes very slow? Thanks for any advice Adrian -- Adrian Miller Which version of Project Server, what service packs and CU's do you have installed and what circumstances? -- Rod Gill Microsoft MVP for Project - http://www.project-systems.co.nz Author of the only book on Project VBA, see: http://www.projectvbabook.com "Adrian Miller" <adrian.miller@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:#YhVTuevKHA.404@TK2MSFTNGP...

Microsoft Dynamics GP Contract Administration
How can I bill from contract administration for few number of days for example I want to bill from 01 to 07 of a month & 21 to 30 of the same month in one bill. how can I achieve this. I am not sure, whether this is possible without any customization. I can assure you that we can bill a contract for days, but that should be in a periodical way and fixed number of days on each occurence. For instance, I can bill a contract for 10 days on each occurence of the Billing Cycle. You may want to wait till others come up with some more valuable replies. -- Regards, Vaidy "Hus...

accounts
I am newbie, I am trying to copy all accounts from one company to another, how can I do that? If you have integration manager, you can export the accounts from SmartList and import into the new company. If not, you will need some assistance from somebody familiar with SQL Server tools to copy the data from one database to another. -- Charles Allen, MVP "jerry" wrote: > I am newbie, I am trying to copy all accounts from one company to another, > how can I do that? Go to the Great Plains Knowledge base and do a search on the following topics: How To Transfer Setup...

Project Accounting
Hi, I have had a question from a customer who uses project accounting (V10). They have set up a project with 2 fees attached. Originally the Tax Schedule against the Fee IDs was set as 'Based on Customer' and they have processed some invoices. Now it has been establised that one of the Fees should be 'Non-taxable'. The Fee ID has had this change made. For the project, when drilling back against the individual Fee line -the fees still shows as 'Based On Customer' Is it just a simple matter of changing the tax schedule at this point? I am a complete beginner at Pro...

why is a passport account required?
I want to automatically download transactions from a new bank account. To set this up, MSMoney is requiring a passport account. Why is this? I automatically download data from two other bank accounts without ever needing a Passport email account. See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=175 and http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=171. <rwgreene999@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1138835261.141563.6210@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > I want to automatically download transactions from a new bank account. > To set this up, MSMoney is requiring a passport account. > > Why is this?...

Exchange Server & POP Account
I set up a POP account on my local machine which delivers my email from an exchange server for my main mail account. This POP account was for a dead mailbox which I had disabled the User access. So, I used my login and password for my exchage server access and popped the account and lost all the emails in my exchange server mail box. Are these emails gone forever, and what happened, shouldn't every single message in the main account download to the Pop account? Did you get any errors during download? By default, POP removes messages from the server, so if you don't have th...

help in my project
this is a big question and hope I'll find a help I enter in the cell B1 sheet1 the name of the material and in the cells from B2 to B10 the prices my question so if I'll enter the name of the material(B1) in the cell A1 sheet2 it will show all the prices of B2 to B10 in the cells A2 to A10 so what is the code for that? -- nader ------------------------------------------------------------------------ nader's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=10881 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=470988 nader Wr...

Smartlist Builder and Unit Accounts
I used Smartlist builder to create a smartlist to look at the Budget tables. I am receiving data for posting accounts but not unit accounts. I tried restriciting the smartlist to only look at unit accounts and am still not receiving any data. Anybody know what I am doing wrong? ...

Setting up multiple accounts

SFO Accounts offline
One of our customers have a problem with accessing accounts offline, everything else works fine. I've tried uninstalling CRM client and SQL MSDE and deleting the folders, but haven't deleted anything from the registry. After a new sync the same problem occurs, he has the salesperson role as all the other sales people. SBS server 2003, windows xp sp2, CRM client incl. sp2 update, Office 2003 sp1. I don't have a clue, any suggestions ?? Jack Make sure your local MSDE has tcp/ip enabled.....goto: (assuming default directory) C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\80\Tools\Binn ...

Changed location of a few files in a vc7 project, now project can't find stdafx.h despite it not moving
Hello, thanks for trying to help. I have a project in which I moved some files out of the project directory into a sibling directory of the project directory because more than one project refers to these files. But, after that, the compiler just can't seem to find a bunch of files, in particularly stdafx.h, despite the fact that I did not move that file. I tried putting the sibling dir in project properties under additional includes directories, but that did not work, either. The only thing that (partly) worked was to hardcode the path of all included files into the include directives,...

MS Project integration
Can someone help me... If I am in the wrong group, please direct me to a more appropriate one. Even point me to a help system online would be fine... I am trying to write some software that links into MS Project and collects resource information through the API. I am using Microsoft Visual Studio, C++ 6. I have an MSProject Application and I want to call the FileOpen() method. There are 15 parameters in the method, but I don't know what values the method is expecting for those parameters. The only help I can find is in the VB Object Browser within MS Project and it just repeats the ...

Business Portal 3.0 with GP 8.0 or 8.5?
Hi there. I realize that in the Business Portal 3.0 documentation, one of the prerequisites for Business Portal 3.0 is GP 9.0. However, I would like to confirm that BP 3.0 absolutely won't work with previous versions of GP. Will it work at all with versions such as 8.0 or 8.5, even in a limited capacity? Thanks! Colleen Absolutely not. BTW, there is no such release as 8.5. When you try to install BP, it verifies the version of GP you have installed. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Colleen" wrote: > Hi there. I realize that in the Business Portal 3.0 documentation, one of t...

The macros in this project are disabled.
From the ControlBox when clicking on the Exit Design Mode button, I get a message: The macros in this project are disabled. This is preventing me from running my project. Any Ideas ??? Try Help>About Ms Excel>Disabled items. Anything there that you can re-enable? Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sat, 10 May 2008 14:16:53 -0700 (PDT), Greg <ApexData@gmail.com> wrote: >From the ControlBox when clicking on the Exit Design Mode button, I >get a message: > >The macros in this project are disabled. > >This is preventing me from running my project. > >Any Idea...

Project IV Transfer from Project to another project
A great feature for Project accounting Inventory Transfers would be a Transfer of Inventory costs from one job to another job. Right now, it is a 2 step process. Users have to return to inventory and then immediately create another IV transfer to the new job. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then cli...

MS Project
In building up a project I typed several human resources by use of Assign Resources window. The in order to assign selected resources to a perticular task I highlight the resource and press assign. What happens is that in some cases ( not all) the resource is selected but the resource name is converted in small caps. This results in having in the resource list double entries for every resource, in original capitals and ion small caps. I must mention that the resource names are typed in Greek. What actions should I do to avoid this, and how I'll correct the already typed in ones but...

MS Project 2010
MS Project 2010 When does it come up for production? How is the cost, anybody know? Does it require a sepate database? Can it work byitself without a database? What are the benefits of having the server (MS project 2010)? -jp Hi Jp, It's released 12th May to corporate customers.... June for the consumer. It'll be on Select price lists at the begining of May. It requires SQL Server, plus SharePoint Server, all must be 64bit. The benefits will depend on your requirements, but a good place to start is here - http://www.microsoft.com/project/en/us/default.as...

Project Accounting and Time & Expense connecting with MS Project
We need an easy way to connect hours reported for project inside Business portal to also be connnected with MS Project to better manage overall projects. MS Project should be able to look at the GP database of Time reports. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message ...

clicked "replace with an exisiting document and lost project
Would love to find out how to retrieve the original document. In error I clicked "replace with an existing document and lost project. If you didn't save a copy of the original document elsewhere, then it's gone. Any chance you emailed to someone before overwriting it? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "thirdworld" <thirdworld@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:27604D28-0D6E-4108-B759-63CF6E573CC1@microsoft.com... > Would love to find out how to retrieve ...

FRx Drill Down to GP Level
Dear All, Iam getting this error when iam drilling down from FRx to GL. "An action cannot be completed because a component (GPSOTDI) is not responding. Choose "Swith To" to activate and correct the problem". Any help on this is highly appreciated. GP System Configuration: Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard - 64 bit OS Microsoft Dynamics GP-10 (middle East), SP4 FRx -6.7, SP11 Hi Amhed, FRx does not run on the 64 bit operating system. -- Geoff James "Ahmed" wrote: > Dear All, > > Iam getting this error when iam drilling do...