Project Accounting Integrations

Now that Integration Manager can be used with Project Accounting Time Sheets
and Employee Expenses, I would like to see other project accounting
transactions be added to the integration list, particularly inventory
transfers.  Also the ability to integrate a inventory item list into the Cost
Category Budget Detail IV Items for those Purchases/Material usages requiring
specific inventory items.
Thanks,
Claude

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=ae58f826-98ba-4402-8857-13471be2e477&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains
0
cfrymark (16)

Adding dependencies to a Setup Project.
When I add an exe developed in VB to a setup Project it adds dlls to the Detected Dependencies. When I add an OCX created in C++ no dependencies are added. Is there a way for the setup project to detect dependencies for an OCX and add them? If not is there a way to add dependencies manually? I wrote an OCX with one simple method. Is there way to eliminate some of the dll dependencies needed for the project? Right now it needs MFC70.DLL MSVCR70.DLL KERNEL32.DLL USER32.DLL GDI32.DLL OLEAUT32.DLL Thank You for you help. Jim wrote: > When I add an exe developed in VB to a setup Proj...

Installing Project Time and Expense on Business Portal
When I try to install this component, it tells me that Project Time and expense is not installed/registered in the backoffice. Now, I do have Project Accounting installed, up and running. How do I get Project Time and expense to register in the backoffice Hi We had the same problem but now solved this. First you need to make sure Project is registered in GP. Then you need to setup Project in GP (system level), once done you should be able to install BP 2.5 with Project time and Expense. If you have not setup Project in GP (after the Project installation etc..) you will still get t...

Managing Project with only Project Server and not Project Professi
My company is currently testing Project Server 2007. While we also have the desk top client Microsoft Office Project Professional our Portfilio Manager would like to know if it is possible to also have projects managed using only the web face applicaiton. While we have Project Managers here we also have other positions here that will manage task like projects who have never used the desk top applicaiton. Rather than having to have the application installed on everyone's computer and training half our department my manager wanted to know if it could be done just using web. ...

Great Plains
I have a problem when printing checks. Sometimes the checks print right away and sometimes they print 2 or 3 hours later. Sometimes they don't print at all. I am not sure why this is happening. We have about 14 users logging into the Windows 2003 server. Each user has multiple printers. Some have 2, some have 4. Is there a limit to the number of printers that a user can have when they attach to the server. There are no printers connected to the server. The printers are connected to a novell system. I had a problem at a client's office like this. Two things were done. ...

Open Mailbox after Disabling user account
Is there a way to Open a users mailbox after the AD user account has been disabled? Or then reenabled? I tried both and it just states that it cannot expand the folders. I'm trying to add the mailbox to another users Outlook 2003 Client (using Exchange Server) and selecting the previously disabled account in the "Open these additional mailboxes" listbox. What is the best procedure should you want to disable the account, and still have access to the old mail messages? Any help is appreciated. Hi, If you add the associated external account permission to the disabled users ...

Opening Projects with Project Pro is slow
Hi, do you have any recommendations how to tackle performance bootlenecks when opening project plans wiht Project Pro is sometimes very slow? Thanks for any advice Adrian -- Adrian Miller Which version of Project Server, what service packs and CU's do you have installed and what circumstances? -- Rod Gill Microsoft MVP for Project - http://www.project-systems.co.nz Author of the only book on Project VBA, see: http://www.projectvbabook.com "Adrian Miller" <adrian.miller@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:#YhVTuevKHA.404@TK2MSFTNGP...

accounts
I am newbie, I am trying to copy all accounts from one company to another, how can I do that? If you have integration manager, you can export the accounts from SmartList and import into the new company. If not, you will need some assistance from somebody familiar with SQL Server tools to copy the data from one database to another. -- Charles Allen, MVP "jerry" wrote: > I am newbie, I am trying to copy all accounts from one company to another, > how can I do that? Go to the Great Plains Knowledge base and do a search on the following topics: How To Transfer Setup...

RMS Integration with Ecommerce #2
Hi, I am new to RMS. Basically i have developed an j2ee based ecommerce site. I need to integrate the ecommerce site with RMS(customer management, Inventory management and Order Processing), can anyone please help me how do i achieve this. Is there any SDK or Open source api which i can use? Thanks, Joe Hello Joe, Yes there is a document to integrate RMS with website and if you know website programming / xml you can possibly do it. There are also add-on software available for website integration that can make the website integration easy. Email me if you need more details. Best regar...

Project Accounting
Hi, I have had a question from a customer who uses project accounting (V10). They have set up a project with 2 fees attached. Originally the Tax Schedule against the Fee IDs was set as 'Based on Customer' and they have processed some invoices. Now it has been establised that one of the Fees should be 'Non-taxable'. The Fee ID has had this change made. For the project, when drilling back against the individual Fee line -the fees still shows as 'Based On Customer' Is it just a simple matter of changing the tax schedule at this point? I am a complete beginner at Pro...

why is a passport account required?
I want to automatically download transactions from a new bank account. To set this up, MSMoney is requiring a passport account. Why is this? I automatically download data from two other bank accounts without ever needing a Passport email account. See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=175 and http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=171. <rwgreene999@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1138835261.141563.6210@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > I want to automatically download transactions from a new bank account. > To set this up, MSMoney is requiring a passport account. > > Why is this?...

Is there a general purpose integration kit for CRM?
We're looking at purchasing MSCRM. One of the things we need to be able to do is integrate between CRM and our archaic accounting system. If anyone can answer my (hopefully simple) questions, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks! 1. I've noticed that there is a specific integration kit for Great Plains, but no general purpose integration kit. Is this right, or have I just missed something? 2. Does MSCRM come with BizTalk Partner Edition by default, or does BTS only come with the CRM Integration Kit for Great Plains? 3. Does MSCRM provide a license for integration purposes? Or d...

Exchange Server & POP Account
I set up a POP account on my local machine which delivers my email from an exchange server for my main mail account. This POP account was for a dead mailbox which I had disabled the User access. So, I used my login and password for my exchage server access and popped the account and lost all the emails in my exchange server mail box. Are these emails gone forever, and what happened, shouldn't every single message in the main account download to the Pop account? Did you get any errors during download? By default, POP removes messages from the server, so if you don't have th...

help in my project
this is a big question and hope I'll find a help I enter in the cell B1 sheet1 the name of the material and in the cells from B2 to B10 the prices my question so if I'll enter the name of the material(B1) in the cell A1 sheet2 it will show all the prices of B2 to B10 in the cells A2 to A10 so what is the code for that? -- nader ------------------------------------------------------------------------ nader's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=10881 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=470988 nader Wr...

Smartlist Builder and Unit Accounts
I used Smartlist builder to create a smartlist to look at the Budget tables. I am receiving data for posting accounts but not unit accounts. I tried restriciting the smartlist to only look at unit accounts and am still not receiving any data. Anybody know what I am doing wrong? ...

Manual Payments Integration
Hi I would like to import Manual payments, but Integration manager is not allowing me to do it. I can import Payable Vouchers but not individual manual payments. Any help on this would be highly appreciated. Thanks You could use the direct to table integration and build your own connectors. You need to be sure to have the business logic correct as there is no validation in this method -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP Documentation for Software Users For help learning and better using Dynamics GP,... check out our books at http://www.AccoladePublications.com "...

Setting up multiple accounts

SFO Accounts offline
One of our customers have a problem with accessing accounts offline, everything else works fine. I've tried uninstalling CRM client and SQL MSDE and deleting the folders, but haven't deleted anything from the registry. After a new sync the same problem occurs, he has the salesperson role as all the other sales people. SBS server 2003, windows xp sp2, CRM client incl. sp2 update, Office 2003 sp1. I don't have a clue, any suggestions ?? Jack Make sure your local MSDE has tcp/ip enabled.....goto: (assuming default directory) C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\80\Tools\Binn ...

Changed location of a few files in a vc7 project, now project can't find stdafx.h despite it not moving
Hello, thanks for trying to help. I have a project in which I moved some files out of the project directory into a sibling directory of the project directory because more than one project refers to these files. But, after that, the compiler just can't seem to find a bunch of files, in particularly stdafx.h, despite the fact that I did not move that file. I tried putting the sibling dir in project properties under additional includes directories, but that did not work, either. The only thing that (partly) worked was to hardcode the path of all included files into the include directives,...

MS Project integration
Can someone help me... If I am in the wrong group, please direct me to a more appropriate one. Even point me to a help system online would be fine... I am trying to write some software that links into MS Project and collects resource information through the API. I am using Microsoft Visual Studio, C++ 6. I have an MSProject Application and I want to call the FileOpen() method. There are 15 parameters in the method, but I don't know what values the method is expecting for those parameters. The only help I can find is in the VB Object Browser within MS Project and it just repeats the ...

The macros in this project are disabled.
From the ControlBox when clicking on the Exit Design Mode button, I get a message: The macros in this project are disabled. This is preventing me from running my project. Any Ideas ??? Try Help>About Ms Excel>Disabled items. Anything there that you can re-enable? Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sat, 10 May 2008 14:16:53 -0700 (PDT), Greg <ApexData@gmail.com> wrote: >From the ControlBox when clicking on the Exit Design Mode button, I >get a message: > >The macros in this project are disabled. > >This is preventing me from running my project. > >Any Idea...

Checks-on-the-fly Integration
We are currently using version 6 (enterprise). Our consultant has never been able to get the "checks-on-the-fly" feature to work. If we want to quickly write a check, we always have to create an AP voucher first, and then create a batch that pays this voucher. We are now considering purchasing a royalty software package and intergrate this with Great Plains. The royalty software will produce a list of checks that need to be written, and this list needs to be integrated into GP as "checks-on-the-fly", without creating vouchers and therefor bypassing the AP system. ...

Project IV Transfer from Project to another project
A great feature for Project accounting Inventory Transfers would be a Transfer of Inventory costs from one job to another job. Right now, it is a 2 step process. Users have to return to inventory and then immediately create another IV transfer to the new job. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then cli...

Do standalone programs integrate?
If I get Office 2007 Home and Student and then get Outlook 2007 separately, will they interact in the same way as if they were part of one single suite such as Small Business? "ChrisSDB" <ChrisSDB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:163D5DE7-41BD-424D-B2D6-429F9CDAAD20@microsoft.com... > If I get Office 2007 Home and Student and then get Outlook 2007 > separately, > will they interact in the same way as if they were part of one single > suite > such as Small Business? Yes. The applications such as Word in Office 2007 Home and Studen...

MS Project
In building up a project I typed several human resources by use of Assign Resources window. The in order to assign selected resources to a perticular task I highlight the resource and press assign. What happens is that in some cases ( not all) the resource is selected but the resource name is converted in small caps. This results in having in the resource list double entries for every resource, in original capitals and ion small caps. I must mention that the resource names are typed in Greek. What actions should I do to avoid this, and how I'll correct the already typed in ones but...

MS Project 2010
MS Project 2010 When does it come up for production? How is the cost, anybody know? Does it require a sepate database? Can it work byitself without a database? What are the benefits of having the server (MS project 2010)? -jp Hi Jp, It's released 12th May to corporate customers.... June for the consumer. It'll be on Select price lists at the begining of May. It requires SQL Server, plus SharePoint Server, all must be 64bit. The benefits will depend on your requirements, but a good place to start is here - http://www.microsoft.com/project/en/us/default.as...