Process Hold

Is there any way to make GP version 10 show only the documents on hold while
removing the hold instead of showing all documents , it is misleading for the
user

Regards
--
aboody
0

Dear aboody

I understand your question. When You are inserting Type by invoice and
click Restrictions, the system displays all the invoices irrespective
of the fact whether it is on hold or not and it is difficult to
identify which transactions are on hold that need to be removed and so
on.

I'd suggest a workaround to you for identifying the Process Holds
easily. Create a Batch that is deidcated to Process Hold. Whenever You
would want to keep an invoice on Process Hold, You change the batch id
of the same to the Process Hold Batch. This will help you understand
that whatever transactions are stored in this batch, they belong to
Process Holds. Next time, You'd want to remove the process Hold on one
particular invoice, You can just insert the batch dedicated to process
Hold and then  mark the specific invoice for unassigning Hold.

Thanks
Janakiram M.P.
MCP-GP

On Apr 26, 3:20=A0pm, aboody <abo...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Is there any way to make GP version 10 show only the documents on hold wh=
ile
> removing the hold instead of showing all documents , it is misleading for=
 the
> user
>
> Regards
> --
> aboody

0
janakirammp (688)
4/26/2009 10:30:54 PM
Thanks for your reply

but that will make it sort of manual job specially when we talk about credit
limit hold
I tried to do it by selecting Process Hold Id and it is working fine , it is
showing only documents on Hold

Thank you again for your reply
--
aboody

"Janakiram M.P." wrote:

> Dear aboody
>
> I understand your question. When You are inserting Type by invoice and
> click Restrictions, the system displays all the invoices irrespective
> of the fact whether it is on hold or not and it is difficult to
> identify which transactions are on hold that need to be removed and so
> on.
>
> I'd suggest a workaround to you for identifying the Process Holds
> easily. Create a Batch that is deidcated to Process Hold. Whenever You
> would want to keep an invoice on Process Hold, You change the batch id
> of the same to the Process Hold Batch. This will help you understand
> that whatever transactions are stored in this batch, they belong to
> Process Holds. Next time, You'd want to remove the process Hold on one
> particular invoice, You can just insert the batch dedicated to process
> Hold and then  mark the specific invoice for unassigning Hold.
>
> Thanks
> Janakiram M.P.
> MCP-GP
>
> On Apr 26, 3:20 pm, aboody <abo...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> > Is there any way to make GP version 10 show only the documents on hold while
> > removing the hold instead of showing all documents , it is misleading for the
> > user
> >
> > Regards
> > --
> > aboody

0
aboody (28)
4/27/2009 7:18:01 AM
Dear aboody

Good to know that You got it working

Thanks for keeping us posted

Janakiram M.P.
MCP-GP

"aboody" wrote:

> Thanks for your reply
>
> but that will make it sort of manual job specially when we talk about credit
> limit hold
> I tried to do it by selecting Process Hold Id and it is working fine , it is
> showing only documents on Hold
>
> Thank you again for your reply
> --
> aboody
>

> "Janakiram M.P." wrote:
>
> > Dear aboody
> >
> > I understand your question. When You are inserting Type by invoice and
> > click Restrictions, the system displays all the invoices irrespective
> > of the fact whether it is on hold or not and it is difficult to
> > identify which transactions are on hold that need to be removed and so
> > on.
> >
> > I'd suggest a workaround to you for identifying the Process Holds
> > easily. Create a Batch that is deidcated to Process Hold. Whenever You
> > would want to keep an invoice on Process Hold, You change the batch id
> > of the same to the Process Hold Batch. This will help you understand
> > that whatever transactions are stored in this batch, they belong to
> > Process Holds. Next time, You'd want to remove the process Hold on one
> > particular invoice, You can just insert the batch dedicated to process
> > Hold and then  mark the specific invoice for unassigning Hold.
> >
> > Thanks
> > Janakiram M.P.
> > MCP-GP
> >
> > On Apr 26, 3:20 pm, aboody <abo...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> > > Is there any way to make GP version 10 show only the documents on hold while
> > > removing the hold instead of showing all documents , it is misleading for the
> > > user
> > >
> > > Regards
> > > --
> > > aboody

0
janakirammp (688)

merchant processing
On Monday Sept. 19 I switched merchants. I was processing outside the RMS package w/ a Telento machine. On monday I installed a Cherry keyboard, had it programmed for Mercury and began processing credit cards, or so I thought. Even though is seemed like it was processing it was not. Now today Thursday September 22 I downloaded the plug-ins to fully process credit cards and confirmed them too. I had cc masking set up in RMS so I am not able to see past sales. Is there a file somewhere that I can see previous credit card transactions so I could submit it to Mercury. Thank you, -Har...

Hold Transaction print out
Hi everybody, I am new to RMS..have been using this software for 3 months.. I handle a small ware house and it delivers products all around town.Sometimes when we deliver items to all these clients , we also have to print the invoices, which means we basically "close" the invoice and that means that we already got the money virtually.but physically if we dont get the money that day the invoice amount is "DUE".But then in the Z Report it comes up short and then my delivery department has to sort out which invoice was due or not to bring the OVER/SHORT amount to "...

Problem while terminating remote process
Hi I am getting follwing exeption when i am trying to terminate remote process Method invocation failed because [System.Object[]] doesn't contain a method named 'InvokeMethod'. Please help how to fix this What PowerShell code do you use when you get the error? - Larry On 5/5/2010 12:06 PM, kotte wrote: > Hi I am getting follwing exeption when i am trying to terminate remote > process > > Method invocation failed because [System.Object[]] doesn't > contain a method named 'InvokeMethod'. > > Please help how to fix this ...

Batch Processing Slow Down...
Has anyone had an issue where posting batches takes a much longer time than is typical. We post batches and month end, and for the amount of records, it typically takes 6-8 hours. A few months ago it started taking over 30 hours, which is making accounting a bit twitchy. :) Thanks for any input. ...

How do I debug a process
Hello! We have a C#.ASP.NET web application that runs on a IIS 6. The application contains actually several asp pages but there is no GUI. The application receive an xml file that is processed. There is also an MFC dll that is called from this asp application to make a syntax check on quite many commands. You don't have to know what a command is. The problem that we get is the following when the asp pages calls the MFC dll it will run into protected memory error. The IIS runs on a windows server 2003. We have also added some rows in the MFC dll to write to a file about where in the dll i...

Forcing a dialog window to the foreground from another process.
I have googled this topic and most have said this cannot be done because changes are made since Windows 98/2000 to disallow a dialog window from appearing in the foreground if certain conditions are not met. I have an MFC application that handles all the UI aspects (Dialogs/Error Msgbox, etc), my secondary app is an Outlook plugin that communicates with my main app thru COM. From the Outlook plugin, I need to display the dialogs from my main app. The problem is, the dialogs will not be brought to the foreground, they will just blink in the taskbar. I have SetForegroundWindow() calle...

Sales Process Workflow 08-10-06
Is there a way to delete a Sales Process workflow? I know how to cancel it, but I would like to remove a wrongly selected process from the opportunity record. ------=_NextPart_0001_325E01E7 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi! You can look in workflow monitor and cancel the workflow instance for the opportunity. Then you can apply a new workflow if you like. However, any changes incurred from the stages that the opp. went through from the first workflow will still be present. I hope that this helps you out. Kind regards, Mike ==========================...

Workflow Process Questions
Can anyone who has worked with workflow processes for a while answer these questions for me: 1. How do I implement an "OR" condition? I have used nested IFs but is there a better way? 2. Is there any way to print out or otherwise create a copy of your work flow rules? 3. How do you backup/restore workflow rules for disaster recovery? Thanks Dave Dave not being able to printout a workflow is a pain..especially a sales process. It may be possible to do this either using the sdk or crystal reports. CRM 1.2 has a export tool for workflows. I cannot remember whether it is on t...

Predefined Process
Can someone please give me the definition of a predefined process. I want to make sure I'm using the proper boxes. Thanks! ...

Processes Requiring Lengthy Amounts of Time
Hello: I have several clients with above average databases (sizes greater than 15 GB and up to about 40 GB). When they need to run checklinks, reconciles, and/or year end close processes, it takes forever. Depending on which process, it could take 15 to 30 each to process. That is really tough when you have a business that cannot afford that type of downtime. Now, both of the companies that I am thinking of have hardware that is well within recommended specs based on the MBS hardware recommendations. The memory does not spike to an extreme, nor does activity with the CPUs, but har...

Which Credit Card Processing Software to USE?
I want to integrate my credit card processign into the MS POS (as opposed to using a seperate aauthorization system). Do you recommend such a move? Also, there are several software products to choose from. PC Charge seem to be the most popular, but a quick serach revealed a whole bunch of problems pleople are having with its integration into the MS POS (specially with the new version of PC Charge). Is IC Veryfiy any better? (that is, is it less problematic and do hey provide better customer suppport)? Thank you very much! P.S. Since I use a payment processor other than Chase, I think I...

Mfg Process
Hi, I need to understand the workflow of GP Manufacturing module, I would appreciate if somebody creates a simple BOM (with one Backflush component) and configure one routing/sequence (one machine & one labor) and finalize the process till closing the MO, and send it to me as Macro file. I know it takes sometime, but it would be a big help for me. Big-thank in advance. AMH Thanks for you everybody, I could understand the workflow of Mfg. AMH. "AMH" wrote: > Hi, > > I need to understand the workflow of GP Manufacturing module, I would > appreciate if someb...

what permissions does a windows service need to execute another process? System.Diagnostics.Process process = System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(info); just local administrator? any specific permitions?
what permissions does a windows service need to execute another process? System.Diagnostics.Process process = System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(info); just local administrator? any specific permitions? I am not sure what the precise permission set it. That it runs on XP and not on Win2003 could certainly be a permissionset issue, but if you (an authenticated domain user?) have a different permission set on an XP domain-joined machine vs a Win2003 domain-joined machine within the same domain - and are therefore seeing this stuff while developing your app - that's just hokey and your ...

Ingenico Signature Capture processing
Does anyone know who will process credit/debit cards using a signature capture device like the Ingenicos? Thanks Jay Mercury Payment Systems www.mercurypay.com used to, not sure if they still do. "Jay" <jay.lindner@pobox.com> wrote in message news:%23l3rieLgGHA.3860@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Does anyone know who will process credit/debit cards using a signature > capture device like the Ingenicos? > > Thanks > > Jay Jay, Contact TPI Software for their RMS plug-in. Mercury uses their plug-in. www.tpisoft.com -- * Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com...

process Id and HINSTANCE...what is the relation betweeen them?
Hello Alll, I am learning windows programming and getting confused more and more.. here is my latest confusion... What is the relation between processId (which we come to know from the task manager) and hInstance (which is one of the parameter passed in the winmain function) of a program? Or there isn't any relation at all? if yes..why? as both give us the unique number related to a running program.. Thanks and Regards, Yogesh Joshi Hi yogpjosh! > What is the relation between processId (which we come to know from the > task manager) It does not come from the task-manager... it...

Payment Processing
We are in the process of installing RMS. Our reseller advised going with Mercury Payment Systems. What are the pros and cons and are there alternatives that are better? Thanks. Biggest pro is that they know RMS, so they can support any credit card - RMS related issues that you may run into (ie problems settling the EDC batch); they also take advantage of the built-in EDC processing, meaning you don't need to spend any money on additional software like PC Charge; I think they also have a gift card program and they developed a signature capure add-on for RMS. Cons? - they may ...

How do I put a temporary hold on seasonal transactions
I use MS Money for my checking account and billing reminders. It automaticly reminds me about regularly scheduled bill and deposits and will red flag an item until I pay it or record the deposit. That works great for recording my paycheck and paying the telephone and electric bills. The question is how do I put a temporary hold on seasonal transactions without deleting the account permenently? For example I have a lawn service that comes and mows the lawn from spring through the end of summer, then he comes once to rake up the leaves at the end of fall. I will not see him all Winter. He...

Scanning All Processes to find its Process ID
Hello, I was wondering how I would go about scanning all processes to find only the processes with the Process IDs that I have. With this, I would also like to find the application path tied to this process, so here is my psuedo code. for each process if this process id matches the process id that I want get the application path and other information any ideas on how to do this? thanks On 22 Jun 2006 11:25:36 -0700, "Jon" <TheFakeJon@gmail.com> wrote: >Hello, > >I was wondering how I would go about scanning all processes to find >only the pro...

Reduce processing load in Excel
We are creating some fairly large Excel files that automate many manual processes for us, etc. I am wondering about CPU load as we design these files and ask the following question: Is it easier on the system to create many separate worksheets with less information on them or to create only a few worksheets with a great deal of information on them. Sometimes even the smallest change can take forever to update the file, and we want to be as efficient as possible. Thanks, Lance ...

Iterative process,
Hello, I need some help please. I'd like to do a simple iterative process of a linear model. For example, X values in (A1:A100) Y values in (B1:B100) How do I do iteration for Y = A + BX? Thanks Hi, If you just want the optimized values of the parameters, A (y-intercept) and B (slope), do one of the following. (1) If you want a graphical representation of your data and the linear fit, make a plot of y (B1:B100) vs x (A1:A100) first, and then right click on any data point on the plot --> "Add Trendline" --> under "Options" Tab check "Display equa...

Formula to process 3 cells using IF statements
I have 3 columns of experimental data (C:E). Row 30 contains the sums (C30:E30). I need a formula that will examine the three sums and return the column number that has the lowest sum. If more than one column is lowest, select one randomly. Example: C30 D30 E30 Result 10 11 12 1 (C) 22 20 21 2 (D) 32 31 30 3 (E) 40 41 40 Randomly select 1 or 3 51 50 50 Randomly select 2 or 3 60 60 60 Randonly select 1, 2, or 3 Can this be done with IF statements or do I need to write a macro? Well, this is a bit cumbersome, but it se...

Credit Card Processing Hang Up's?
I have 3 computers running RMS 2.0 two of the registers, and the back office is just the database/Manager. Using the two registers we process credit cards through Mercury, and just as of late I started to have issues with transactions hanging on for a long time (5+ minutes) before they go through...a lot of the times when a transaction hangs we usually shut down and re-boot, and process the transaction using a counter Credit Card processing machine. Any ideas as to why they Credit machine might be having hanging ups? We are connected to the internet using Cable...if that helps! -- ...

Transactional Processing
I am deploying a new app but the database only needs to be updated through SQL scripts. Questions are: 1. Is it better to just have one big .sql file with all the sql statements in it, then use transaction ex. Begin transaction, rollback, Commit Transaction. Or is it better to divide into several .sql files 2. I am trying to make it so that if one statement fails, rollback everything? Is this ok? Begin Transaction customer_update Save Transaction customer_update delete_statement insert_statement update_statement delete_statement insert_statement update_statement dele...

activity list freezes
In the past few days our users have been reporting that their activity list does not load. Everything else seems to be fine, and when I look at the SQL Server activity monitor, I see a suspended process with open transactions that involve an update or insert on the activity table. If I manually kill this process, the activity list loads fine. I ran the SQL profiler and was able to link the problem to one specific user who was trying to assign an activity to another user. She would get an error, and then everyone's activity lists would hang. She said she's not doing anything dif...

Upsizing Process
I have an existing MS Access database that has grown beyond reasonable Access limits. We decided to move the data to a MS SQL Server, keeping the Access frontend. I “upsized” the Access database using the Upsizing Wizard. This worked great for moving the data to a MS SQL Server. On the SQL Server I created a user account and gave it dbo role for the database I moved to SQL server. On the workstation I created an ODBC connection to the database using SQL authentication. I linked the tables from the SQL server. So far all is well with the world. I wanted to add additional security. So...