Proccess Server

Where can I find detailed setup and configuration information on the DPS and
DPM?  I have looked through the SystemAdminGuide but it seems a bit
condensed.  Are there other documents which go into more detail?
--
Regards,

Andrew
0
Andrew3569 (322)

At this point, that is all the documentation available.  I will be writing
new doc on that product within the next two weeks as part of my new Bringing
Up Dynamics GP series of books.  We hope to have this out in 2 months.

Email me directly and I will send you a preliminary copy of those pages for
your use on the condition that you give me some feedback as to it's
usefulness.

--
Richard L. Whaley
Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008

http://www.AccoladePublications.com

"Andrew" wrote:

> Where can I find detailed setup and configuration information on the DPS and
> DPM?  I have looked through the SystemAdminGuide but it seems a bit
> condensed.  Are there other documents which go into more detail?
> --
> Regards,
>
> Andrew
0
info4071 (3004)
7/9/2008 10:36:03 PM
Andrew,

honestly there isn't a heck of a lot to making this work.

1. launch dps.exe on the server and log in with some credentials.  it
doesn't really matter what as long as can log in.  I typically just have an
installed GP client on the server then drop my dynamics.set on the dps.exe

2. go into the dps setup window and press the "Servers" button.  Here add
the machine name or IP address of your dps machine that's running.  with the
checkbox marked and when you insert it it should take it.  If not you'll get
an error saying something about "server xxx not available"

3. close this window

5. In the Service/Server ID field for that process, enter the server you
created in #2

6. Lastly, you have to set this to run for you.  In the User Preferences you
have to set the "Distributed Processes" from Local to Remote.

To test this, just perform the action that you set to run on DPS.  if you do
this, you shouldn't see any activity locally and if you look on the process
server you should see it running in the Process Monitor that is open by
default.

It's a bit more work if you want to set up multiple process servers and use
the DPM for load balancing but fairly similar overall.

patrick
dev support

"Andrew" <andrew@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Where can I find detailed setup and configuration information on the DPS
> and
> DPM?  I have looked through the SystemAdminGuide but it seems a bit
> condensed.  Are there other documents which go into more detail?
> --
> Regards,
>
> Andrew

0
prot1 (1345)

NO DEFAULT SMTP SERVER..
Hello, I had a problem with exadmin.dll, unregistered it, copied new one and registered it and now the default smtp server is gone under SMTP in my systems manager but everything still works.... HELP where is it ? and how can i get it back ? tnnx. Philippe ...

Upgrading from server 2000 to server 2008R2?
We would like to upgrade our servers to Windows server 2008 R2. Currently we have two Windows 2000 (SP 4) domain controllers, we want to replace the Forest Root Domain box with new hardware & upgrade the other DC to server 2008 R2. I understand it's not possible to upgrade from 2000 straight to 2008 but is server 2003 still available to ugrade to in between? I'm also not sure of what the implications of retiring the Forest Root Domain box would be? Would the best plan be to add the new 2008 server (domain function & forest function level: 2000); upgrade the se...

Can Recovery Storage Groups be used if original server gone?
We had an Exchange server die on us a few months back due to hardware issues. All accounts were moved to another box and that one was flattened and taken out of the Exchange org. It was replaced by new hardware that does NOT have the storage groups or databases that the old one did. We have a request to recover data from an info store back up prior to the events above and are running into problems with our backup vendor. Would it be possible to use a Recovery Storage Group to retrieve this data? The mailbox still exists (but may have been moved via Exmerge) so I believe I will pas...

MS Project Server Admin // Denver, CO
MS Project Server Admin Location: Denver, CO Duration: 6 months Pay Rate: DOE =95 MSProject Server ver 2010, SQL database and Sharepoint 2010 =95 Ongoing support and maintenance involving activities such as =96 Monitoring logs, Patches, resolving support tickets, Dev/Test/Prod support =95 Routine troubleshooting =95 Technical APS maintenance (Project Server & SharePoint 2010) =95 User administration / Password resets etc. =95 Work with Microsoft for any critical issues that might need intervention from Microsoft =95 Application of Patches & migration to Production =95 SQL services mo...

Small Business Server in Windows Server 2000 Environment
I have a requirement to install Microsoft CRM for about 10 CRM Users. The existing Windows 2000 has about 120 users with two Exchange Servers. Is it possible to set up a separate Small Business Server to run CRM within the Windows 2000 domain as this is the most cost effective way of implementing CRM for such a low User count? ...

Removed server, exchange still looking for it?
Exchange 5.5, I removed a server from the site using exchange admin, and now am getting event 9318, saying MTA can't contact it. Why is it doing that? I had the same problem after a 5.5 to 2000 migration. Rebooting the Exchange server that was trying to connect resolved the problem. MTA must keep the information cached. Tim "dlw" <dlw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C431500C-F78D-47E5-AAC5-B8C611592E97@microsoft.com... > Exchange 5.5, I removed a server from the site using exchange admin, and > now > am getting event 9318, saying MTA can...

windows 2008 server cord and windows 2008 std
we have 20+ New server to install windows 2008 for trading purpose. still can not decide to install server core or std full, can someone advise what is the benefit to install core rather than std edition or to install std edition ? DD, There is: Server Standard Server Standard Core Server Enterprise Server Enterprise Core Core is (not quite correctly called) 'Server without Graphical User Interface (GUI)'. There are several reasons why Core was introduced: - *Nix purists were saying that there's no real need/use for GUI on a server and *real* sysadmins ar...

Outlook won't leave messages on the server
I have tried and tried to keep Outlook 2003 from deleting my email off my server. I have found the check box under advanced send\receive setting in "options" and I have tried variations of the 3 check boxes in this window and they work until I close Outlook and reopen it, then all of my settings return to the default of deleting my email off the server. Wasn't MS suppose to stop doing things like this? Any help in steering me to the answer (which i am sure is here) to this question is appreciated. Regards Paul A. Walters Hi, Goto Tools --> Email Accounts --> V...

Project Server Provisioned
Hello, I have provisioned Project Server and added it to the trusted zone, but it still comes up unresolved. Hello, You mean PWA home page is not loading or issue with connecting from MS Project Professional? Also mention the version of Project Server. Thanks Chak pVector Technologies http://www.pvectortech.com http://www.epmcentral.com On Apr 16, 11:04=A0am, me <mtyso...@yahoo.com> wrote: > Hello, I have provisioned Project Server and added it to the trusted > zone, but it still comes up unresolved. On Apr 16, 12:20=A0pm, Chak <chak...@hotmail.com>...

OT: SVN server
Hi, Sorry for the OT, I am not 100% sure where to ask. I want to setup a subversion repo on a personal website. Would anyone know the best forum/NG to ask such a question? (Or where I could find a tutorial for installing such a repo). Thanks Simon Simon wrote: > Hi, > > Sorry for the OT, I am not 100% sure where to ask. > > I want to setup a subversion repo on a personal website. > Would anyone know the best forum/NG to ask such a question? > (Or where I could find a tutorial for installing such a repo). > > Thanks > > Simon ...

Windows Server 2008 RC2 in Windows Server 2003 Domain
I'm having trouble with one domain controller that has all of the FSMO roles (I have 6 Domain controllers in total running server 2003) I updated my schema to version 47 (Windows server 2008 RC2) and would like to add a new physical server with W2K8 R2 on it and transfer all of the FSMO roles on it. I don't want to upgrade all DC's yet to 2008 R2 yet, so the domain functional level will stay the same for a while (Windows Server 2003). Is there anything I should watch out for with this scenario? Or by just adding a W2k8 R2 box with all the FSMO roles and then decomm...

Exchange Router setup/Setting More than one Exchange Server up in one organisation with two active directories?
Forgive the version difference, but on Exchange 2003 is there a way to install a secondary Exchange Server on a different domain and somehow have it routed to from the other domain or act as a connector to be able to see those emails without removing them? I don't know enough about routing on Exchange to figure if its capable. Or perhaps I need to utilise a different registered email domain and I should use this for testing instead of trying to somehow route emails from one to the other? eg instead of companyname.com I could use companynamecrm.com or something. Would I still want to setu...

pop3 server response
When opening outlook recently it has been saying my pop3 server hasn't respoded in 60 seconds and asks if I would like to wait longer for the server to respond. but sometimes it goes right through. is there any reason why this might be happening. i can only get e-mail about 60% of the time. any help would be greatly appreciated. J.H. Try removing and reinstalling your mail account settings. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out reading. After...

Manually run message rules on the server
Hi, Is there a way to run message rules (created by the end-user on Outlook) on the server, say on a daily basis ? The reason is that that person has ~50 rules, moving all incoming messages from his inbox to specific folders. Since he now owns a BES-enabled BlackBerry, these rules prevent him from getting his emails onto his handheld. The idea would be to run all the rules once a day, on his behalf, on the server. Exchange 2007 SP1 Thanks Christian Some rules, like moving messages to another folder in the same mailbox, will run server-side by default, depending on how they're create...

E-Mail Messages Reappear When Server is rebooted
Hello All, I had reason to reboot a windows2003 SBS a few months ago. When it rebooted clients reported old emails had reappeared in their inbox. I was then on a windows2000 SBS site yesterday and when I rebooted the server old emails reappeared. The Windows2003 server rebooted today and again old email reappear. I cannot find any info on web re: this problem. Any help would be appreciated. Sam wrote: > Hello All, > > I had reason to reboot a windows2003 SBS a few months ago. When it > rebooted clients reported old emails had reappeared in their inbox. I > was then on...

web server and exchange server on 2 different servers.
Is there a way to redirect traffic through my web server to my mail server to use OWA with out setting up a front end/back end? If I do have to set up a front end do I have to purchase a separate license? What version of Exchange? If E2k/2003, you have to use FE/BE....and for E2k, the FE server has to be Enterprise. Gonzosez wrote: > Is there a way to redirect traffic through my web server to my mail > server to use OWA with out setting up a front end/back end? > > If I do have to set up a front end do I have to purchase a separate > license? You can install OWA on the w...

MultiFunctional Printers and Server 2008
Hello is there are a way without using TS Server to use a printer that is off location? -- Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nl2k.ab.ca Ici doctor@nl2k.ab.ca God, Queen and country! Never Satan President Republic! Beware AntiChrist rising! http://twitter.com/rootnl2k http://www.facebook.com/dyadallee UK Time for a Common Sense change vote Liberal Democrat / Alliance Yes, there are many ways. You can use print server device, like HP JetDirect. You can attach printer to any networked computer. "The Doctor" <doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca> wrote in message ...

Importing XML data into SQL Server 2005
Hi, We have an app in .NET with sql server 2005 backend and would need to import relatively huge amount of data from disparate providers on a nightly basis. What is the file format that is preferred and please help me understand why we need to go with a specific format? Is it XML, CSV, or anything else? We have been leaning towards using XML If it is XML, how can we a template for the XML file (is it the XSD schema file?) and pass it to the providers so that we can get formatted data without much discrepancies? Thanks in advance! ...

Project Server 2007 Migration
We are currently running Project Server 2002, and I have been tasked with migrating to Project Server 2007. The plan includes moving to a new server. My thoughts are to (why I am posting) install Project Server 2007 to the new hardware (Windows Server 2003 SP2 w/ SQL Server Ent. Edt. 2008 to host the Application/Web/Database). Once this has been completed, is there a way to restore my current 2002 data into this environment? Thanks in advance and please let me know if more information is required. EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice ASP.NET Digest Authentication Agai...

BizTalk 2004
Greetings, Does anyone have experience with how well BizTalk 2004 Partner Edition plays with Great Plains (SQL Server 2000) on the same server? How well does SQL Server 2000 handle serving BizTalk AND Great Plains data? Would this perhaps depend on the workload BizTalk 2004 and Great Plains put on a single server? Is it suggested that BizTalk be installed by itself on its own box (with an instance of SQL Server 2000 for it's own use)? Thanks, Kevin Rood Corporate Software Consultants www.corpsoftware.com krood_no_spam@corp_nospam_software.com (813) 752-0755 (Main Office) Plant Ci...

Server froze at night
Hi: For the first time ever my server froze. The screen was showing the crtl-alt-del login screen, but the keyboard was useless and the maouse was the same. Communications from the internet were dead and trying to contact the server from the LAN was the same. My WM phone could not connect to exchange. I had to press the power button to turn off the server and power it on again. This happened at night. I've been checking the logs and nothing shows, the backup that was running at the time was not completed (is there a log?) Do you have any pointers to where to look? Regards ...

Proccess Server
Where can I find detailed setup and configuration information on the DPS and DPM? I have looked through the SystemAdminGuide but it seems a bit condensed. Are there other documents which go into more detail? -- Regards, Andrew At this point, that is all the documentation available. I will be writing new doc on that product within the next two weeks as part of my new Bringing Up Dynamics GP series of books. We hope to have this out in 2 months. Email me directly and I will send you a preliminary copy of those pages for your use on the condition that you give me some feedback as to ...

Different smtp Server for Different Locations
I have an account that I use both from home and work. Receiving email from these two locations works just fine. Nevertheless, for sending emails I always have to change the smtp server. For instance at work I have to set the smtp server to ms.[companyname].com whereas at home I have to set it to smtp.[ISP].com. Is there a way around this so that I don't always have to change the smtp for sending emails? Thanks Depends on the firewall settings at home/work. Some ISP's don't allow connections to any other SMTP server other then their own. In this case, there isn't much you ca...

Outlook 2002--HTTP Server Type greyed out
I would like to configure Outlook 2002 to work with my Hotmail account. I am running Win Xp Pro SP1. Using this for reference: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=287424 Upon selecting Tools>>>E-mail Accounts>>>Add a new E-mail Account>>>Server Type I find that the HTTP option is greyed out and unselectable. Any ideas? Thank You Yes it is a corporate network. I'll look into the admin-set policies on Monday. Thank you, Diane. >-----Original Message----- >are you using this on a corporate network? You administrator may have >disabled the ability...

Windows Server 2000 compatibility
Can i install Microsoft Dynamics GP 10.0 on windows Server 2000? and SQL Server 2000 ? The system requirements for GP 10.0 list Windows Server 2003 SP 1 as the older supported OS. SQL Server 2000 is fine with SP 4. -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Flexible Solutions, Inc. "Mhd.Barada" <MhdBarada@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DB4F086D-DB15-48CA-86AF-5105070452A0@microsoft.com... > Can i install Microsoft Dynamics GP 10.0 on windows Server 2000? and SQL > Server 2000 ? Since SQL 2000 is still supported on Windows 2000, you can have your data...