Problems running Check Links on Analytical Accounting in GP 10.0

I am having problmes running Check Links on Analytical Accounting in GP 10.0.
 It gets to a point and brings up a red X and says:

"[Microsoft][SQL Native Client][SQL Server]Conversion failed when converting
the varchar value 'DBNAME' to data type int."

After I click through the error message a messages comes up and says:

"The stored procedure aagGenericGLWorkTOD returned the following results:
DBMS: 245, Microsoft Dynamics GP: ."

Has anyone else had problems with this new feature?  Any suggestions?
0
mdrewes (39)

Just ran into this issue, had to submit it to Microsoft Great Plains since there was no explanation anywhere for why this was happening.  Basically they came back with two questions.
1.  Had I ever recovered the wrong database into another (not).
2.  Was I running Intercompany and did I have any "Open" (not posted) GL transactions with Analytical Accounting.

To this the answer was yes.

Then I got told by Great Plains that they do not recommend running AA Checklinks at all.  (Kind of stupid if it is part of the financial checklinks grouping and one of the things you are supposed to do prior to upgrading is run checklinks on all modules.)  But basically don't run it on AA because it can corrupt your data.  (Wonderful).

Then they explained that they will be coming out with a Service Pack for this and other Analytical Accounting issues they are having in February 2012 (yes that is 6 months from now).  BTW, had a sql developer look at the Stored Procedure that this was referring to, he said that if one of his developers ever gave him the garbage that was in this stored proc that he would send them back to re-do it.  (All sorts of code was --rem'd out and never cleaned up and was put into production this way).

So, the answer is: Don't run checklinks in Great Plains Version 10.0 or Version 11.0 on Analytical Accounting until they come out with SP3 (for 11.0) and a fix on Version 10.0.

Hope this helps anyone who runs into this and can't find an explanation.  At least they won't have to waste a support request to Great Plains on this one.

> On Thursday, May 29, 2008 1:03 PM mdrewe wrote:

> I am having problmes running Check Links on Analytical Accounting in GP 10.0.
>  It gets to a point and brings up a red X and says:
>
> "[Microsoft][SQL Native Client][SQL Server]Conversion failed when converting
> the varchar value 'DBNAME' to data type int."
>
> After I click through the error message a messages comes up and says:
>
> "The stored procedure aagGenericGLWorkTOD returned the following results:
> DBMS: 245, Microsoft Dynamics GP: ."
>
> Has anyone else had problems with this new feature?  Any suggestions?

autonumber 12-10-07
why would the autonumber all of a suden change from a 4 digit number to an 8 digit number? example; 9400 9401 9402 34286622 34296623 Etc Lots of possible reasons. A simple one might be because you ran an Append query that specifically inserted the value 34286622 into the Autonumber field. Once that happens, Access will continue numbering from there. It probably doesn't really matter, but if you did want to drop the number down again, you could delete those records and compact the database. -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://...

Problem shortcuts in Word

5.5.0 smtp;550 Denied by policy
I have a server running win2003 and exchange 2003. When sending to one email address the following bouncback message is received, "There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email server. Please contact your system administrator. <ascrs_2k.ascrs.local #5.5.0 smtp;550 Denied by policy.> " The server sending the message is our exchange server. I am not sure where a policy was set that could be denying this from being sent out. Any help would be appreciated. Jeff_S <Jeff_S@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a server running win2003 a...

Outlook 2003 PST problems

Outlook not sending messages from correct POP3 account
I am a tech support person, supporting several companies from my home. Therefore, I have several pop3 email accounts setup on my computer in Outlook. When I reply to an email, I need to make sure that the correct account shows up in the "From" field. This works for some messages, but for others, the email is sent from the wrong account (making me look real bad :-)). This happens even when it says it's going to be sent from the correct account, if I check the sent items afterward, I'll see that it was sent from the wrong account. This is driving me batty and I nee...

Maintain percent rates in Analytical Accounting
In multi dimension Analysis a fixed rate can be setup for Account Analysis default by specifying the percentage but in Analytical Accounting rates need to be reentered at each transaction entry for the GL that need to be analysis. How can I fixed the rate without reentering it after each transaction? Hi gboye, Thanks for your question. For 100 % assignments, the default percentages for AA Trx Dim Codes can be fixed for a particular Trx Dim; this defaults in AA Trx Entry window For multiple assignments, the default percentages for required codes CANNOT be fixed; they have to be enter...

Problem with Authentication

calendar problem

Linking to Schwab brokerage accounts
Two or three months ago, Microsoft changed the investor service on msn.com so it no longer imports data from Schwab. As a result I have been unable to keep track of my accounts since then except on the Schwab site, one account at a time. And, except for one remaining .inv file with my account information from August in it, I have lost all my historical trading information. If I buy MS Money, does anyone know if 1) it will import the data from my remaining .inv file, and 2) does it restore an electronic link with Schwab accounts? Thanks in advance. Jay I'm not sure I understand ...

Rights to Run LoadSim
LoadSim 2003 very clearly warns that you cannot run it unless you're a domain administrator, because it "needs" to create accounts. I have tried it with my permissions, and I can see that they mean it. Are there any alternative utilities that don't have this restriction? Is there any way to tweak LoadSim 2003 so that you can focus it on, say, one OU in which you have been delegated? Even though this is just a test forest, getting administrator rights on it can be a chore. ...

problem #4

95 and 97 problem

Date problem

sync problems

Outlook 2003 won't save password in pop3 account settings
I am trying to set my email account settings to remember my password and it still prompts me everytime I send or receive email for the password. If I type it in, I have no trouble connecting and getting mail though. I am working through a citrix terminal to connect to outlook 2003 running on our company server. Is this a known bug? Is there a patch? Help! Sean Cartwright ...

Office 2007 - HELP

Installation Problem!!

Resource editor problems

Directory Replication Problem #2