Problems accessing FTP sites with Vist Home edition with IE7

So, had bought a new laptop, with Vista on it for work on job sites to
transmit data and info and oics back to the office FTP site.
But, can't access ftp sites for what ever reason.
Is this something with Vista or IE7 thats part of this great software?
So the question really is; how can 1 access ftp sites using the new vista
software that has IE7 on it?

thanks,

no computer whizz
0
whizz (1)

Hey Comp Whizz,
You posted in the wrong newsgroup, but I'll help you out anyways. Don't use
IE7 to connect to FTP sites. Use Windows Explorer and type the FTP site into
the address bar. That's the preferred method.

-Mike

--
Micheal LoPatriello
Coordinator,

"No computer whizz" wrote:

> So, had bought a new laptop, with Vista on it for work on job sites to
> transmit data and info and oics back to the office FTP site.
> But, can't access ftp sites for what ever reason.
> Is this something with Vista or IE7 thats part of this great software?
> So the question really is; how can 1 access ftp sites using the new vista
> software that has IE7 on it?
>
> thanks,
>
> no computer whizz
0
mlopat (88)
4/10/2007 9:40:03 PM
OR, use a real piece of FTP software instead of these clever add-ons
that are really designed to freeze out other software developers, don't
work like they should, and break at the drop of a hat based on some
other upgrade somewhere else in your system that has absolutely nothing
to do with what you are trying to accomplish now.

--
Lyle U

Micheal LoPatriello wrote:

> Hey Comp Whizz,
> You posted in the wrong newsgroup, but I'll help you out anyways.
> Don't use IE7 to connect to FTP sites. Use Windows Explorer and type
> the FTP site into the address bar. That's the preferred method.
>
> -Mike
0
lyleu (305)

EFT remit numbers on an edit list
When printing a check batch that accidentally includes an EFT payment, the user does not have the capability to verify it when printing the edit list as the Remitxxxxx number only appears if you post the batch. The kb article: Payables EFT Option for Printing Remittances Now or Later (851283), says it was entered as a quality report (32944) and development turned it into a suggestion. However, the suggestion does not seem to exist here so I am re-submitting it as this feature has not yet been updated. The suggestion is to automatically assign the REMITXXXXX number to all EFT payments r...

Outlook 2003 PST problems

Access 97 executables and other versions of Access
I have a few questions regarding Access 97 and other versions of Access as we don't have time to develop .net versions of our Access 97 databases and some of our users are moving to other versions of Office/Access - I work for a local authority hence we tend to be very slow in moving to newer technology! We've tried converting our Access 97 databases (lots of front end forms) into Access 2000 but they fail and we don't want to install two versions of Access due to having our applications delivered via Novell to the user (PC's are locked down). Do we need to purchase...

Problem shortcuts in Word

Problem with Authentication

Trying to remove the last Exchange 5.5 server from my site
I ran the exchange administrator from my 2003 exchange server and tried to delete the 5.5 server. I get an error message: "Extension 'MSFB' could not be loaded". Has anyone seen this? Thanks, Rusty http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;822450&Product=ech E "Rusty" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:367e01c3aa25$d8731b40$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I ran the exchange administrator from my 2003 exchange > server and tried to delete the 5.5 server. I get an error > message: "Extension 'MSFB'...

calendar problem

problem #4

Access denied when forwarding
When I am working remote using webmail, after being logged on and receiving mail...when I try and forward a mail message I get a "access denied" error When I am logged on as a MAPI client....everything works fine. Any ideas? Thanks, Jeff ...

how to write vb code in access 2007
Version: MSAccess 2007 I have 3 fields in my database that contain currency. Field 1: PrincipleAmount Field 2: AmountPaid Field 3: AmountDue I have added a Command Button (cmdCalc) to the form. I need to write code that Subtracts Field2 from Field1 and returns the Balance in Field 3. I have no idea on how to gain access to and how to write code in MSAccess 2007. I can do this in VB6. Thanking You in Anticipation Julian On 15 dec, 13:29, tjbvo <tj...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Version: MSAccess 2007 > > I have 3 fields in my database that conta...

95 and 97 problem

Date problem

sync problems

Office 2007 - HELP