Problem with Script Updating

I am using a script to update the “1099 Type” field for Master Vendor table.
The script basically is a basic if-then statement. This script is run “Before
Document Commit” and it’s not updating correctly, its flip-flopping the
results. When the script is set to run Before Document Commit I have the
“Destination mapping” field “1099 Type” set to “Use Script”. Script below:
If SourceFields("Send 1099") = "N" Then
   DestinationFields("Options.1099 Type").Value = 1
Else
   DestinationFields("Options.1099 Type").Value = 4
End If
I have also tried this same script at the field level.
Any suggestions as to why the field is not being updated? Or what I am doing
wrong?

--
Thanks for your help
0

When you used it in the field level script, did you use DestinationFields, or
did you use CurrentField.  I try to stick with CurrentField.

"GPNewbie" wrote:

> I am using a script to update the “1099 Type” field for Master Vendor table.
> The script basically is a basic if-then statement. This script is run “Before
> Document Commit” and it’s not updating correctly, its flip-flopping the
> results. When the script is set to run Before Document Commit I have the
> “Destination mapping” field “1099 Type” set to “Use Script”. Script below:
> If SourceFields("Send 1099") = "N" Then
>    DestinationFields("Options.1099 Type").Value = 1
> Else
>    DestinationFields("Options.1099 Type").Value = 4
> End If
> I have also tried this same script at the field level.
> Any suggestions as to why the field is not being updated? Or what I am doing
> wrong?
>
> --
> Thanks for your help
0
jed9769 (25)
5/6/2009 3:54:05 PM
I used currentfield.value.  That didn't work either.
--
Thanks for your help

"Jed Perlowin" wrote:

> When you used it in the field level script, did you use DestinationFields, or
> did you use CurrentField.  I try to stick with CurrentField.
>
> "GPNewbie" wrote:
>
> > I am using a script to update the “1099 Type” field for Master Vendor table.
> > The script basically is a basic if-then statement. This script is run “Before
> > Document Commit” and it’s not updating correctly, its flip-flopping the
> > results. When the script is set to run Before Document Commit I have the
> > “Destination mapping” field “1099 Type” set to “Use Script”. Script below:
> > If SourceFields("Send 1099") = "N" Then
> >    DestinationFields("Options.1099 Type").Value = 1
> > Else
> >    DestinationFields("Options.1099 Type").Value = 4
> > End If
> > I have also tried this same script at the field level.
> > Any suggestions as to why the field is not being updated? Or what I am doing
> > wrong?
> >
> > --
> > Thanks for your help
0
GPNewbie (36)
5/6/2009 7:31:01 PM
Ok,

A few things you may want to change:

1) Avoid Source fields separated with spaces. Instead on 'Send 1099', try
'Send1099'.

2) Before Document Commit is the wrong place for this script. You need the
event to happen at mapping time, not when IM is getting ready to write the
data to the database. I suggest you read the IM User Guide, Chapter 20: Using
Scripts, Section: Attaching Scripts to Integrations. Page 142.

The 'Before Document Commit' script runs once for each document, AFTER ALL
OF THE DESTINATION FIELDS HAVE BEEN SET based on the selected rules, but
before the document is actually inserted or updated. Which means that the
only possible way to alter this field value is during the mapping process
which happens with a field script. Hence the 'flip-flopping' you are
experiencing.

3) Your script should look something like this -- with validations -- and it
should be attached to the 1099 Type field under the Options collection:

Dim l_send1099

'note I am using no space for the field name
l_send1099 = SourceFields("yourSourceName.Send1099")

If l_send1099 = "N" Then
   CurrentField = 1
Else
   CurrentField = 4
End If

--
Best regards,
--

"GPNewbie" wrote:

> I am using a script to update the “1099 Type” field for Master Vendor table.
> The script basically is a basic if-then statement. This script is run “Before
> Document Commit” and it’s not updating correctly, its flip-flopping the
> results. When the script is set to run Before Document Commit I have the
> “Destination mapping” field “1099 Type” set to “Use Script”. Script below:
> If SourceFields("Send 1099") = "N" Then
>    DestinationFields("Options.1099 Type").Value = 1
> Else
>    DestinationFields("Options.1099 Type").Value = 4
> End If
> I have also tried this same script at the field level.
> Any suggestions as to why the field is not being updated? Or what I am doing
> wrong?
>
> --
> Thanks for your help
0
MarianoGomez (3441)
5/6/2009 7:38:03 PM
just use "Currentfield = ........."  When using the Currentfield statement
you do not need to specify the field name. This identifier is used in the
field level scripts.
--
Richard L. Whaley
Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008

http://www.AccoladePublications.com

"GPNewbie" wrote:

> I used currentfield.value.  That didn't work either.
> --
> Thanks for your help
>

> "Jed Perlowin" wrote:
>
> > When you used it in the field level script, did you use DestinationFields, or
> > did you use CurrentField.  I try to stick with CurrentField.
> >
> > "GPNewbie" wrote:
> >
> > > I am using a script to update the “1099 Type” field for Master Vendor table.
> > > The script basically is a basic if-then statement. This script is run “Before
> > > Document Commit” and it’s not updating correctly, its flip-flopping the
> > > results. When the script is set to run Before Document Commit I have the
> > > “Destination mapping” field “1099 Type” set to “Use Script”. Script below:
> > > If SourceFields("Send 1099") = "N" Then
> > >    DestinationFields("Options.1099 Type").Value = 1
> > > Else
> > >    DestinationFields("Options.1099 Type").Value = 4
> > > End If
> > > I have also tried this same script at the field level.
> > > Any suggestions as to why the field is not being updated? Or what I am doing
> > > wrong?
> > >
> > > --
> > > Thanks for your help
0
info4071 (3003)

Problem shortcuts in Word

Outlook 2003 PST problems

Updated KB: Thin Line Appears and Is Printed Outside Object with Border and Fill Applied
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;290911 -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.mvps.org/publisher This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ...

Problem with Authentication

calendar problem

problem #4

95 and 97 problem

VB Script to copy incremental data from one sheet of workbook to o
Hi, I am looking for a script that can copy the incremental data in existing sheet to another sheet in the same workbook, just want to copy the incremental data of 3 column, i.e. column A,B and S of the existing sheet. I am using excel 2007 Hi, What is 'incremental data' and how do we recognise it and distinguish it from other data in those columns? -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently answering the question. "Samarth" wrote: > Hi, > ...

Subtotal doesn't update
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hi, I have a spreadsheet with subtotals on and we have a problem inserting new rows. I thought that when a row was inserted above the subtotal row, the subtotal would update automatically - but it doesn't. Basically, we need to add news rows on a regular basis above the subtotal row and update the subtotal. This is what we want to happen - Before 2 3 4 0 2 5 2 2 0 4 7 9 (Subtotal) After 2 3 4 0 2 5 2 2 0 0 0 2 (new row) 4 7 11 (Subtotal) Hope this makes sense! How can we get the subtotals to update e...

Date problem

sync problems

Office 2007 - HELP

Installation Problem!!

Resource editor problems

Directory Replication Problem #2

Cell Format

Software of scripting to grab data from MS word file and fill in Excel fields?
I have a 90 page financial report from MS word that I get each month. I would like to find a software package or scripting tool that will allow me to automate the process of grabbing #s from the ms word file and filling in fields in an excel file. I have a feel that there may be quite of programming involved in doing this. But perhaps there are some more efficient solutions out there. I would appreciate any advice. Thanks Hi, Do the numbers appear in the same part of the word document each tim (eg always in the same row/column of the same table). If so, copyin the data into excel should be ...

outlook web access redirect problem

Problem after sorting

IF AND problem

Problem SHAppBarMessage
Hi, I am creating an application bar which shall be displayed always at the top of the screen to show the user certain alerts. I am using the commands SHAppBarMessage(ABM_NEW, &abd); SHAppBarMessage(ABM_QUERYPOS, &abd); SHAppBarMessage(ABM_SETPOS, &abd); SetWindowPos(NULL, abd.rc.left, abd.rc.top, abd.rc.right - abd.rc.left, iClientHeight, SWP_NOACTIVATE); Works fine. The problem begins, when I start moving the taskbar. I am catching the event OnSettingChange and my application bar is resizing/moving correctly. BUT: If the taskbar moves to the top and my application bar ...