Problem with being diconnected form DB.

We moved GP9 from SQL2000, Server 2000 to a new server with SQL 2005, Server
2003. Every works great, but every once in a while a user seems to get
disconnected from the server, almost like a timeout. We don't know if the
problem is coming from GP, SQL, or Server 2003. Does anyone have any ideas
what may cause this? Another application that has databases on the same
server throws an error that the session has been terminated by the user
logging on a second time or by the administrator. Both of these errors seem
to occur when the user has been idle for a period of time and then tries to
continue working.
0
BobHarrison (192)

Hi Bob

How are you connecting to the GP databases? Are you using a Client/Server
approach or is there a Citrix/TS server in the mix?

Fliehigh

"Bob Harrison" wrote:

> We moved GP9 from SQL2000, Server 2000 to a new server with SQL 2005, Server
> 2003. Every works great, but every once in a while a user seems to get
> disconnected from the server, almost like a timeout. We don't know if the
> problem is coming from GP, SQL, or Server 2003. Does anyone have any ideas
> what may cause this? Another application that has databases on the same
> server throws an error that the session has been terminated by the user
> logging on a second time or by the administrator. Both of these errors seem
> to occur when the user has been idle for a period of time and then tries to
> continue working.
0
Fliehigh (443)
12/5/2007 8:01:04 PM
Using the ODBC to connect to the Dynamics DB using Client/Server. There is
NO Citrix or Terminal server involved..

"Fliehigh" wrote:

> Hi Bob
>
> How are you connecting to the GP databases? Are you using a Client/Server
> approach or is there a Citrix/TS server in the mix?
>
> Fliehigh
>
> "Bob Harrison" wrote:
>
> > We moved GP9 from SQL2000, Server 2000 to a new server with SQL 2005, Server
> > 2003. Every works great, but every once in a while a user seems to get
> > disconnected from the server, almost like a timeout. We don't know if the
> > problem is coming from GP, SQL, or Server 2003. Does anyone have any ideas
> > what may cause this? Another application that has databases on the same
> > server throws an error that the session has been terminated by the user
> > logging on a second time or by the administrator. Both of these errors seem
> > to occur when the user has been idle for a period of time and then tries to
> > continue working.
0
BobHarrison (192)
12/5/2007 8:16:00 PM
Hi Bob

My first guess would be the power saver options on the local PC's but if it
just started happening since the change this shouldn't be the case.

Do you get an error?

Fliehigh

"Bob Harrison" wrote:

> Using the ODBC to connect to the Dynamics DB using Client/Server. There is
> NO Citrix or Terminal server involved..
>
> "Fliehigh" wrote:
>
> > Hi Bob
> >
> > How are you connecting to the GP databases? Are you using a Client/Server
> > approach or is there a Citrix/TS server in the mix?
> >
> > Fliehigh
> >
> > "Bob Harrison" wrote:
> >
> > > We moved GP9 from SQL2000, Server 2000 to a new server with SQL 2005, Server
> > > 2003. Every works great, but every once in a while a user seems to get
> > > disconnected from the server, almost like a timeout. We don't know if the
> > > problem is coming from GP, SQL, or Server 2003. Does anyone have any ideas
> > > what may cause this? Another application that has databases on the same
> > > server throws an error that the session has been terminated by the user
> > > logging on a second time or by the administrator. Both of these errors seem
> > > to occur when the user has been idle for a period of time and then tries to
> > > continue working.
0
Fliehigh (443)
12/5/2007 8:26:02 PM
We have not had the problem the last few days and the user did not print the
error they were getting. It was something like, form can not be loaded. It is
not a security issue because it was on a form she uses all the time. If we
get the error again I'll give more information.

"Fliehigh" wrote:

> Hi Bob
>
> My first guess would be the power saver options on the local PC's but if it
> just started happening since the change this shouldn't be the case.
>
> Do you get an error?
>
> Fliehigh
>
> "Bob Harrison" wrote:
>
> > Using the ODBC to connect to the Dynamics DB using Client/Server. There is
> > NO Citrix or Terminal server involved..
> >
> > "Fliehigh" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi Bob
> > >
> > > How are you connecting to the GP databases? Are you using a Client/Server
> > > approach or is there a Citrix/TS server in the mix?
> > >
> > > Fliehigh

0
BobHarrison (192)
12/7/2007 5:07:04 PM
Bob,

I would check the networks cards....we had a customer not too long ago that
found out all their new Dell workstations came with a preset idle timeout of
15 minutes on their NIC's that was causing untold grief in GP since it would
disconnect the clients from the SQL Server.  Other network apps, like
Outlook, were not affected.

--
Victoria Yudin
Dynamics GP MVP

"Bob Harrison" <BobHarrison@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We have not had the problem the last few days and the user did not print
> the
> error they were getting. It was something like, form can not be loaded. It
> is
> not a security issue because it was on a form she uses all the time. If we
> get the error again I'll give more information.
>
> "Fliehigh" wrote:
>
>> Hi Bob
>>
>> My first guess would be the power saver options on the local PC's but if
>> it
>> just started happening since the change this shouldn't be the case.
>>
>> Do you get an error?
>>
>> Fliehigh
>>
>> "Bob Harrison" wrote:
>>
>> > Using the ODBC to connect to the Dynamics DB using Client/Server. There
>> > is
>> > NO Citrix or Terminal server involved..

0
victoria (3340)

Pivot Chart problems
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00B3_01C4E370.755D7D40 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have two issues with pivot charts. 1) I create a pivot table and chart with VB. I want thick lines on the = chart, so I do as follows: For i =3D 1 To .SeriesCollection.Count .SeriesCollection(i).Select With Selection.Border .Weight =3D xlThick End With Next This works great. However, upon selecting a Page Field value from the =...

Problem with the reconnection of a mailbox to a different user
Hello everybody, I have a problem with the reconnection of a mailbox, when I try to reconnect it to a different user. This is the scenario: 1) User A has a mailbox, I disconnect it. 2) Creation of User B 3) Reconnection of mailbox of user A to user B (I have tried not only with recovery center, but also directly through mailbox list section) No errors appears during theese steps, but when I try to create a new profile in outlook (I have created it only in the server, this is a test server), I see that the mailbox of user B (or the user B?) has not found! If I try to use Outlook Web Access, ...

Help needed to run macro
Argh!!! I think I may have created a macro to resolve an earlier problem, but when I try to run it I get... 'Macros in this workbook are disabled because the security level is high, and the macros have not been digitally signed or verified. To run the macros, you can either have them signed or change your security level.' How can I get my macros to run on my machine, where they are created, without compromising security? I've found and run selfcert.exe but it hasn't made any difference. Do I need to do anything else to make this effective? I'm a novice at this so step ...

Problem sending e-mails with Outlook & SBC Yahoo DSL
I have been unable to fix a problem and am looking for help. I have Outlook 2000. I also have SBC Yahoo DSL. I have spent hours on the phone trying to fix this problem, reloaded my software, etc. I can recieve e-mail from the SBC Yahoo DSL server with my Outlook, but cannot send e- mails. The error message I get is 0x800ccc0f. I know this means the outgoing mail server does not recognize and log me in, but does anyone know a way to change this? SBC made sure my settings were correct, but the problem persists. They claim it is an Outlook problem, but it never happened with other ISP...

2005 Update Retirement Account Problem
I am having the same problem as discussed in a post on 10/5. Has anyone else seen this or know of a solution? And btw, I am not running XP SP2, just a fully updated SP1 system. I tried everything I could find in the KB to no avail as well. I am getting really frustrated with how many bugs there are in 2005. I have used MS Money for years and have never had as many problems as I have with 2005. I can't believe that this product made it out to the public with as many problems as there are. Any comments would be appreciated. ...

Problem sending emails from Outlook Express Ver6 NEVER MIND!
I am trying to use Outlook Express Ver6 instead of Eudora. I can't seem to send e-mails from it. When I send a test to myself I get the error: The message could not be sent because the server rejected the sender's e-mail address. The sender's e-mail address was (MY ADDRESS) .. Subject 'TEST', Account: 'incoming.verizon.net', Server: 'outgoing.verizon.net', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 5.7.1 Authentication Required', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC78 Can anyone suggest what is wrong? Must be something...

Search Forms
I have a switchboard and a main client form. On the main client form I used the combo box wizard to create a searching combo box-the user selects the client name from the box and is taken to the first match (no filter, uses the FindFind method). I also have another combo box on my switch board as a shortcut. The user can select the client's name from that list and go directly to the client page with the matching last name. That combo is using a filtering method which is causing an error that forces the entire access program to quit. I'm think that if I can search without usi...

Problems importing pst file...
One of the users in our office tried to open Outlook & recieved an error message that indicated that the pst was gone or corrupt. After running the Inbox repair tool to no avail, as well as picking up a copy of their pst from yesterday's backup, I'm still unable to do anything with it! When trying to import it, I get the message "Properties for this information service must be defined prior to use" & after hitting ok, I get a message that the file isn't a personal folders file! I have read several long-winded posts in other forums, which basically have given me no...

Problem of space between items in SMALLICON mode
Hi, I have problem with spacing between items in LVS_SMALLICON list mode. Some that have long text hide the others. Not when i'm changing mode, just when I change data in my list. I use SetWindowLong to change list mode, and tried list.Arrange, list.redraw and list.update functions with no success. Actually, list doesn't change space between items when I change data in my list. I browsed the group, and found some unanswered subject about the same problem, so if someone could help me it would be cool. TIA. Have you tried the CListCtrl::SetIconSpacing before CListCtrl::Arrange? Vict...

Outlook / Exchange 2003 user connection problem
Ok, we are doing our Outlook configuration in a two step process first we add the Computer to the domain ( not the user ). Then we configure Outlook with the exchange server and user information. All of our users are created and have a default password. Problem is that when we go to setup Outlook we are only able to setup 2 - 5 computers a day. After we get 2 - 5 setup, when we try to install/configue another Outlook client we receive a message that say Cannot connect to Exchange server or Exchange server does not exist. But if we wait a day and go back to setting up Outlook again we are ab...

Multiple filters on form
Hi. I'm creating a report based on a company combo box selection and a date range (2 text box fields). I can't seem to get the report to do both. I want it so that the combo box selection (company) must be choosen but the date range is optional. If it's not filled in then it would return all rows for that company. Here is my code. Private Sub cmdPrintReport_Click() On Error GoTo Err_cmdPrintReport_Click Dim lstrSQL As String Dim stDocName As String Dim strDate As String Dim strField As String 'Name of your date field. Dim strwhere As String strField = "tbltrans...

Problem with a MIN function
Hi all Please can someone explain to me why this doesn't work: =MIN((A46:A52>0)*(A46:A52+B46:B52)) array-entered I've got dates in both ranges - and both ranges also contain blanks. I don't understand why this formula does not return what I want!! I'm trying to get the earliest date in A46:A52 where there is a blank in the corresponding cell in B46:B52. I've checked the formula (including the F9 option in the formula bar to view each part) and it's got me beat! -- Andy. Hi try the arraz formula =MIN(IF((A46:A52>0)*(B46:B52=""),A46:A52)) >---...

Outlook2007 automation problem with ".Display"
I am using automation in a VB5 program to send Emails using Outlook2007. If I use the ".Send" mailitem the email is sent out Immediately. If I use the ".Display" mailitem in my program, after I look over the Email and then click the "Send" button on the Outlook display screen, the email is placed in my outbox but does not get sent out. I have to exit my program and then click "Outlook". When Outlook displays, I can see the Email in the Outbox which will then automatically go out (without me having to click send and receive). I want th...

Calender Problem after Exchange Migration
Hi all, I've got a bit of a Exch Calendar problem. We recently migrated from Exch2000 Srv to Exch2003 Srv. We also changed domain names (AD and company) as well. Due to time constraints and other issues I won't go into, things were a little rushed and the way we did the migration was probably not by the MS rules. Basically we restored a backup of the mailboxes from the old Exch2000 server to the new Exch2003 server. This was done via Qinetix MB idata agent. We thought this would be quicker than exporting the mailbox's out as PST files and then importing them. This part app...

AutoNumber versus form record number
Using Office 2003 and Windows XP; I have a bound form. The table the form is bound to contains an AutoNumber column named Num which is also a primary key for the table. As the form is scrolled, the record number of course, changes. 1) Is the record number shown on the form ALWAYS equal to the AutoNumber generated for that record in the table? 2) Is there a way to obtain the record number (shown in the form)? If so, what would the code look like to return this number in a variable? Thanks much in advance. (1) If you have the control bound to the autonumber field. (2) variable = contro...

CRM 4.0
Hi! We have just made a migration from CRM 3.0 to 4.0, and everything went well, except one thing - field Resources is disabled (like it's in read-only mode, but it's not!), and we can't find the way to enable it... Any suggestions....? Best regards, Ivica I'm sure this is a bug - we had it on the fax entity with "to" - Team please take note I modifed the xml - after i look ed at a clean xml to see the diffence Pete "Ivica Ivancic" <ivica.ivancic@infinitas.hr> wrote in message news:5534F8F2-930B-45F1-A503-4D4DBA092E0F@microsoft.com....

GP 9.0 SP3
Hi, I'm a user running GP 9.0 SP 1. If I upgrade to SP 3, does that service pack include the hotfix for the recent changes to the W-2 form, or is that separate? Thanks for your time! ...

Autonumber problem
Hi, I have a problem with autonumber field in my project: when I deleted some last records, it seems MS Access saved the last number of the autonumber. So when I added a new record, the number would be skipped from the previous record. I'd like the next record will be in order from the previous record in my outonumber field. Is anybody can tell me how to solve this problem?. Thanks... KT -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-queries/200707/1 If the value of the autonumber actually matters then you shouldn't be using atuonu...

Lookup values on a form, trivial question?!
Hi everyone, This is really silly but I have searched everywhere (starting with my "Form and report design for Access 2007" book) for an explanation on how I make a form with: Field A (text box) is INPUT value (customer number), and Field B-D should (after input value is entered in "textbox A") display more information about the customer in different textboxes (such as "customer name, phone number etc")- (This is just an example, the "customer-information" could be in one or several different - relational - tables, if that makes a difference...)...

Mac problems opening excel files when connected to two windows shares

2 questions
In one cell in the SS, I have a comma delineated group of numbers eg 23,4,5,36,2 Is it possible to determine that another cells contents resides within this number set? eg can somehow determine the number 5 (cell g44) resides in this group? Thanks In another worksheet we have, we wish to maintain a number of them as Flat File Databases, and dump 60,000 records in each. We have "The dummies guide to excel" and I am sure I read that if set up as a database the limitations are 256 columns/fields and 16,000 records. Is this true? if so, why? Thank you. Thank you doubleDD, wo...

Void Deferral Transactions Problem
I am having a problem voiding some deferred transactions. I entered the transactions through Receivables Management. I can see these transactions under the customers in the Deferral Inquiry window. However, they do not show up in the Void Deferral Transactions window for me to void. Some other transactions entered the same way in the same batch as these but under different customers do show up. Cannot figure out why that would be. I have tried check links and deferral check links to no avail. Any suggestions? Thanks! Paul ...

Problem: creating memory CDC for drawing and saving into BMP object in different color mode
Definition of problem: 1. I have some function Draw(CDC* dc) for drawing smth on CDC object. The body of function is "black box", I won't change it. 2. I need draw it into memory CDC object. Well, following code will do it for me: CDC mydc; mydc.CreateCompatibleDC(pDC); // pDC is some display DC CBitmap m_bitmap; m_bitmap.CreateCompatibleBitmap(mydc, width, height); // <- creating an internal bitmap CBitmap* m_pOldBitmap = dc.SelectObject(&m_bitmap); Draw(&mydc); // draw scene ........ do smth with mydc ...... if (m_pOldBitmap) mydc.SelectObject(m_pOldBitmap); The...

some problems with OL 2007
Hi, I have used OL XP (2002) for years and I was very happy. But some friends convince me I should be more "modern" so I installed Office 2007, with Win XP SP4. It seems very complicated to me, but I have problems with Outlook. My emails don't download "normally", I have to close OL and reopen it (of course before, I did a send/receive and there was no email), not always though, sometimes they download. To prevent your next question, they are mail that should have been in my inbox for some time (a few hours). Also I don't get an alert. "Before" I ...

Create a Form in Excel
Thanks in advance for the assist. I am unable to use the Data/Form menu due to the number of fields exceeding 32. Although I have > 32 fields, not all are inputs. I'd like to create a form that allows me to input to 28 of these fields, but have the ability to view the entire sheet of 37 fields - the balance of the fields are all computations. How do I create a form or alter my sheet such that I am able to use a form to input the 28 fields yet see all 37 fields as a result of my input. dab1477 You could try John Walkenbach's Enhanced Data Form. It's free, and has un...