/****** Object:  View [dbo].[gvaWholeSaleInventoryPrices]    Script
Date: 09/29/2008 09:24:23 ******/
SET ANSI_NULLS ON
GO
SET QUOTED_IDENTIFIER ON
GO
ALTER VIEW [dbo].[gvaWholeSaleInventoryPrices]
WITH SCHEMABINDING
AS
SELECT
INVENTORY.ITEMNMBR,
CASE PRICMTHD
	WHEN 3 THEN CURRCOST + (CURRCOST * UOMPRICE / 100)
	WHEN 1 THEN UOMPRICE
	WHEN 2 THEN LISTPRCE * UOMPRICE / 100
END
AS PRICE,
IV00108.PRCLEVEL,
COUNT_BIG(*) COUNT

FROM
DBO.IV00101 AS INVENTORY
INNER JOIN DBO.IV00102 ON INVENTORY.ITEMNMBR = IV00102.ITEMNMBR
INNER JOIN DBO.IV00105 ON INVENTORY.ITEMNMBR = IV00105.ITEMNMBR
INNER JOIN DBO.IV00108 ON INVENTORY.ITEMNMBR = IV00108.ITEMNMBR
INNER JOIN DBO.RM00101 ON IV00108.PRCLEVEL=RM00101.PRCLEVEL

WHERE     (IV00102.QTYONHND - IV00102.ATYALLOC > 0) AND
(INVENTORY.ITEMTYPE IN (1, 2)) AND (IV00102.LOCNCODE = 'warehouse')

GROUP BY
INVENTORY.ITEMNMBR,
CASE PRICMTHD
	WHEN 3 THEN CURRCOST + (CURRCOST * UOMPRICE / 100)
	WHEN 1 THEN UOMPRICE
	WHEN 2 THEN LISTPRCE * UOMPRICE / 100
END ,
IV00108.PRCLEVEL
GO

CREATE UNIQUE CLUSTERED INDEX
[IX_gvaWholeSaleInventoryPrices_ITEMNMBR_PRCLEVEL] ON [dbo].
[gvaWholeSaleInventoryPrices]
(
	[ITEMNMBR] ASC,
	[PRCLEVEL] ASC
)WITH (STATISTICS_NORECOMPUTE  = OFF, SORT_IN_TEMPDB = OFF,
IGNORE_DUP_KEY = OFF, DROP_EXISTING = OFF, ONLINE = OFF,
ALLOW_ROW_LOCKS  = ON, ALLOW_PAGE_LOCKS  = ON) ON [PRIMARY]
GO

I see no apparent reason for this to interfere with GP's behavior, but I
suspect the issue is with the index on the view. I would break down the
problem by:

1) Creating the view without the index, then running a transaction.
2) Creating the view with the index, then running a transaction.

You will perhaps find that the index is giving you issues and if I have to
take an educated guess, I would say that the allow_row_locks argument is
causing the issue.

Best regards,
--
MG.-
Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP

"Scott" wrote:

> I created a view with an index and it caused some odd behaviors in
> Sales Order Entry.  The quantity to invoice no longer updated when I
> tabbed off the quantity field and also the price extension didn't
> compute either.  Once I deleted the view, the problem went away.  Here
> is the view & index T-SQL.
>
> Scott Emick
>
> USE [WINDY]
> GO
> /****** Object:  View [dbo].[gvaWholeSaleInventoryPrices]    Script
> Date: 09/29/2008 09:24:23 ******/
> SET ANSI_NULLS ON
> GO
> SET QUOTED_IDENTIFIER ON
> GO
> ALTER VIEW [dbo].[gvaWholeSaleInventoryPrices]
> WITH SCHEMABINDING
> AS
> SELECT
> INVENTORY.ITEMNMBR,
> CASE PRICMTHD
> 	WHEN 3 THEN CURRCOST + (CURRCOST * UOMPRICE / 100)
> 	WHEN 1 THEN UOMPRICE
> 	WHEN 2 THEN LISTPRCE * UOMPRICE / 100
> END
> AS PRICE,
> IV00108.PRCLEVEL,
> COUNT_BIG(*) COUNT
>
> FROM
> DBO.IV00101 AS INVENTORY
> INNER JOIN DBO.IV00102 ON INVENTORY.ITEMNMBR = IV00102.ITEMNMBR
> INNER JOIN DBO.IV00105 ON INVENTORY.ITEMNMBR = IV00105.ITEMNMBR
> INNER JOIN DBO.IV00108 ON INVENTORY.ITEMNMBR = IV00108.ITEMNMBR
> INNER JOIN DBO.RM00101 ON IV00108.PRCLEVEL=RM00101.PRCLEVEL
>
> WHERE     (IV00102.QTYONHND - IV00102.ATYALLOC > 0) AND
> (INVENTORY.ITEMTYPE IN (1, 2)) AND (IV00102.LOCNCODE = 'warehouse')
>
> GROUP BY
> INVENTORY.ITEMNMBR,
> CASE PRICMTHD
> 	WHEN 3 THEN CURRCOST + (CURRCOST * UOMPRICE / 100)
> 	WHEN 1 THEN UOMPRICE
> 	WHEN 2 THEN LISTPRCE * UOMPRICE / 100
> END ,
> IV00108.PRCLEVEL
> GO
>
> CREATE UNIQUE CLUSTERED INDEX
> [IX_gvaWholeSaleInventoryPrices_ITEMNMBR_PRCLEVEL] ON [dbo].
> [gvaWholeSaleInventoryPrices]
> (
> 	[ITEMNMBR] ASC,
> 	[PRCLEVEL] ASC
> )WITH (STATISTICS_NORECOMPUTE  = OFF, SORT_IN_TEMPDB = OFF,
> IGNORE_DUP_KEY = OFF, DROP_EXISTING = OFF, ONLINE = OFF,
> ALLOW_ROW_LOCKS  = ON, ALLOW_PAGE_LOCKS  = ON) ON [PRIMARY]
> GO

0
MarianoGomez (3440)

Problem shortcuts in Word

Outlook 2003 PST problems

Updated KB: Thin Line Appears and Is Printed Outside Object with Border and Fill Applied
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;290911 -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.mvps.org/publisher This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ...

Problem with Authentication

calendar problem

problem #4

95 and 97 problem

Date problem

sync problems

Extender-Create a new data entry window
Is it possible to create a new extender form or window (not sure of the terminology) to enter data into Dynamics? Specifically the Sales Forecast Window in Manufacturing is terrible for entering data, everytime you move to the right, it the scrolling window jumps back to the top and you have to find the item again. Anyway, I would like a new window to enter a sales forecast, is this possible? thanks -- Doug Unfortunately Extender data is stored in Extender tables and cannot be stored in the Sales Forecast tables. I agree with you that the data entry screen is horrible. I am tal...

Office 2007 - HELP

Installation Problem!!

Resource editor problems

Directory Replication Problem #2

I want work, and view,a single sheet in Mac Excel ... like I did in PC Excel
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) How do you setup MAC Excel to be able to work in a single sheet format ... the Mac Excel comes up showing several sheets. It isn't showing "several sheets", it's using the newly introduced Page Layout View by default. You're only viewing the one sheet but it's 'separated' into pages as it would be if you were to print the sheet. You can click the Normal View button in the lower left corner of the document window or go to View> Normal to change the view of any given sheet at any time you wish � Norma...

Cell Format

Any way to view users passwords in server 2003 AD ?
Is there any way to view users passwords in Server 2003 AD ? We run a server 2003 SP2 domain, us Administrators have a list of all users password on a spreadsheet, locked up. We need their passwords in the event we must sign onto their computers as an admin while they are away, we log back into the computer with their user name/password when done. You would be surprised how many people "do not" look at the user name when they log on - we had panic --- I can not log in, we go to their desktop and the user name is that of one of the administrators - user did not look. ...

Any idea on what could cause this on XP?
XP (MCE)on a Dell Dimension C521 with just one user. I cleaned up my personal stuff a bit, sending a few files to the recycle bin. I then went to the recycle bin, looked over the list of files to be deleted and gave the command to empty the bin. I got a noise sort of like a drill running and the message: "Cannot delete Dc1: access is denied", with an [OK?] button. I clicked OK and the machine played the standard flush music for clearing the bin, but when the flush stopped the files still showed in the bin. I repeated the command to empty the bin, this time hiliting ...

outlook web access redirect problem

Problem after sorting

Sale on Open Account....
When a customer who has an open account with terms with us makes a purchase, and I have a signature capture device, is it standard, or is it possible to require them to sign for their purchase so we have their signature on file? Thanks This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_01E8_01C6B6F0.B31BFD00 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable William, Manager | Tender types | select your open account tender | check the = Require Signature box --=20 * Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security You must be using ...