Problem updating table from 7.0 to 8.0

I am trying to update from 7.0 to 8.0.  However, the GL30000 table fails to
update.  The word from Dynamics support is that it is because there are
duplicates records in the table.  They sent me a SQL script that showed me
the duplicate records.  All of the records were from our 1999 fiscal year.
We determine as long as this was back we would solve the duplicate record
issue by consolidate the financial data.  Sure enough after the
consolidation, no duplicate records from 1999 showed up.  However, now
duplicate records from 2000 starting showing up.  Dynamics support tells me
it is a problem w/ my secondary keys, and that there were some table changes
in 8.0 that no longer allow this to happen.

Does anyone have a solution to this problem so that I do not have to
consolidate all of my historical years since I do need some historical detail
data?

0
Hutch (55)

Using DTS export GL20000 and GL30000 to another new table, then delete the
content of GL20000 and GL30000. Perform your upgrade to version 8, then
import back GL20000 and GL30000,after this run checklink's on financial and
reconcile.

"Hutch" wrote:

> I am trying to update from 7.0 to 8.0.  However, the GL30000 table fails to
> update.  The word from Dynamics support is that it is because there are
> duplicates records in the table.  They sent me a SQL script that showed me
> the duplicate records.  All of the records were from our 1999 fiscal year.
> We determine as long as this was back we would solve the duplicate record
> issue by consolidate the financial data.  Sure enough after the
> consolidation, no duplicate records from 1999 showed up.  However, now
> duplicate records from 2000 starting showing up.  Dynamics support tells me
> it is a problem w/ my secondary keys, and that there were some table changes
> in 8.0 that no longer allow this to happen.
>
> Does anyone have a solution to this problem so that I do not have to
> consolidate all of my historical years since I do need some historical detail
> data?

0
Kanti (14)

Problem shortcuts in Word

5.5.0 smtp;550 Denied by policy
I have a server running win2003 and exchange 2003. When sending to one email address the following bouncback message is received, "There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email server. Please contact your system administrator. <ascrs_2k.ascrs.local #5.5.0 smtp;550 Denied by policy.> " The server sending the message is our exchange server. I am not sure where a policy was set that could be denying this from being sent out. Any help would be appreciated. Jeff_S <Jeff_S@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a server running win2003 a...

Outlook 2003 PST problems

Outlook 2007 and Windows 7
After installing Office 2007 on Windows 7 machine, I get no new mail sound, pop up notifications or the new unread mail icon in task bar. Every thing else seems to work fine. Any hints? are the icons in the overflow? -- -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM Poll: What v...

Problem with Authentication

Updated KB: Thin Line Appears and Is Printed Outside Object with Border and Fill Applied
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;290911 -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.mvps.org/publisher This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ...

pivot table grand totals not showing for all columns...
i have a pivot table that shows the grand total for some columns, but not for others... there are no differences in the data layout, yet this happens? any clues as to why? and how I can get the grand totals to show for all fields. thanx in the PivotTable floating toolbar, click PviotTable, then Table Options, select 'Grand totals for columns' option. ...

calendar problem

SQL 2005 patition table
Hi, I have 20 million (5 type record ids -- 2-3gb)records need to be loaded into a table daily. Is it a good idea to have a a patiotion table seperated by reciord type id. 1. It will be faster for retrieval in performance? 2. What is the drawbacks ot have a partitioned table instead of regular table? Thanks, Mecn My opinion is 1) It will be fatser if the user searches on particular typeid , if he/she searches on typedid 1 and 5 then it will 'scan' two partitions 2) You have to have some experience to maintain partitons "Mecn" <mecn@yahoo.com> ...

problem #4

95 and 97 problem

Subtotal doesn't update
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hi, I have a spreadsheet with subtotals on and we have a problem inserting new rows. I thought that when a row was inserted above the subtotal row, the subtotal would update automatically - but it doesn't. Basically, we need to add news rows on a regular basis above the subtotal row and update the subtotal. This is what we want to happen - Before 2 3 4 0 2 5 2 2 0 4 7 9 (Subtotal) After 2 3 4 0 2 5 2 2 0 0 0 2 (new row) 4 7 11 (Subtotal) Hope this makes sense! How can we get the subtotals to update e...

Date problem

sync problems

Office 2007 - HELP

Installation Problem!!

Pivot Table #56
I am trying to create a Pivot table in Excel, using Microsoft Query linking to SQL database. SQL stores the date as Date/Time. It becomes impossible to group in Excel using Pivot Table, by date/time. I want to create a record in Microsoft query using the date field, but convert to Date only as dd/mm/yyyy and retain the format as Date and not as Text. I have tried Left(Date,11) and Convert(VARCHAR,1,101), none of them work. Could someone help me with the correct syntax. Microsoft query does not recognize MID. Thanks Krish ...

Resource editor problems

Using Checkboxes to add data to a table.
I have been having trouble developing this form for a couple of days. It seems the solution should be simple but so am I. I have an input form with four text boxes. I need to use the same data and create a new line in the table for up to but not always 9 different company positions. I was given a possible way of keeping the info on the form for the next position using the AfterUpdate event and setting the default back to the same box. But in using his suggestion I get #NAME? for the boxes with text when I select the next new record. The boxes with numbers come back the way he said it wo...

Directory Replication Problem #2

Cell Format