Prior year posting 2 years

Client has 2009 open and all previous years closed. They want to post
transactions to 2007. GP by default does not allow that. Is there a work
around?
0
RichWheeler (196)

Rich,

There is no way to do this in GP out of the box.  If they absolutely must
post to 2007, the option I would recommend is to have the MBS Professional
Services team open the 2008 year for your client, which will allow them to
post to 2007, since that will now be the last closed year.  Once done, the
client would close 2008 again.  Professional Services only does this as a
consulting engagement and the cost will depend on a number of variables,
like number of companies, database(s) size(s), timing required, etc.  I have
had this done for a number of customers in the past with excellent results.

--
Victoria Yudin
Dynamics GP MVP

"Rich Wheeler" <RichWheeler@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Client has 2009 open and all previous years closed. They want to post
> transactions to 2007. GP by default does not allow that. Is there a work
> around?

0
victoria (3340)

jpg's oproepen vanuit database #2
Kan iemand mij svp uitleggen hoe ik .jpg's (of andere plaatjes) in ee excel database kan verwerken en vervolgens middels een formule ka oproepen in een ander sheet -- Marc Willems ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Marc Willemse's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=164 View this thread: http://www.msusenet.com/t-187045633 ...

Tender Summary #2
Store Operations- Manger Tender Summary feature doesnt seem to work properly. If I process a Layaway transaction or Workorder, and a customer initially places a deposit, that deposit does not show up as part of the tender summary for that day. To me that makes no sense, as a depoist is still money in the cash register, whether the sale is finalized or not. This has to be a bug (using v1.3) Can anyone shed any light on this issue? This is try, this report collects its data by joining the TenderEntry with the Transaction, it doesn't look at the Payment table at all Although it's ...

OWA Logging #2
Hi, How can I tell who is using OWA, as opposed to in-the-office access through the LAN and Outlook. Is it possible? I'm using Exchange 5.5 installed on W2k server. Ideally I'd like to see usage stats such as, who has used OWA during a certain time period, and how much they used it (time or messages read/sent). Thanks in advance, Steve W "Steve W" <antispamsteveW@=No-Spam=.org> wrote: >How can I tell who is using OWA, as opposed to in-the-office access through >the LAN and Outlook. Is it possible? >I'm using Exchange 5.5 installed on W2k server. >...

Posts do not appear
My posts from the Ng do not appear on the NG. I have to go to google groups to look them up. Cumbersome. How can I solve the problem? TIA Good evening Ben, concerning your posting to the newsgroups using Windows Live Mail, you will have to have a server name from your Internet Service Provider and place it in the third box when configuring your NG. Microsoft does provide you with a list of server between 1700 plus, so please go to newsgroup on the bottom left of Windows Live and select NG, a window will appear; look at the top of that window and you will see a blue excl...

Thank You I found the posts
Thanks again to all I found the posts from yesterday steve ...

1.5%
For a short information, send a blanc mail to: sap36@freeautobot.com ...

Deploying .NET crystal reports on crm 1.2 server
Hi, We developed some reports using Visual Studio.Net 2003 inbuilt Crystal Reports & viewer.(we had to do this because the CRM reports using SDK were not able to talk to our separate custom database) We are able to render these .net crystal reports on our developer machine (non-crm).However, we are not able to render the same when we deploy these .NEt crystal reports to our CRM webserver. (We have CRM 1.2 Installation with Crystal Enterprise 9 on this crm server) I guess that this may be happening because of version conflict between .Net crystal viewer and the CRM enhanced crystal v...

Bank Transaction not posting.
User entered bank transaction and posted after posting, journal printed and close report and continue another transaction on bank transaction window WITHOUT closing and re-open. These transaction was laying on Batch recovery, I selected and press continue then it is not shows on batch recovery, but still in process monitor shows process ‘CMTRX(4)’ 5 times, ‘General Ledger: Posting (10)’ 35 lines. In series post window, batches are selected and can’t uncheck (unable to change batch status. The batches is being posted) Since 6 days this is the status and user can’t exit applica...

Changing Open Year in AFA
Hello: During the printing of the Balance Sheet in AFA, the user got the "The Year You Have Selected for an Open year Column is Invalid" error message. I had her go into the AFA layout window, double-click on the columns and change the Open year to 2006. And, I had her go into the Temporary Financial Adjustment Column window within the report option and change the Open year to 2006. Still, she got this error. Anything that she can try? She wants to print a Balance Sheet as of 01/31/06 and she did successfully close 2005. Thanks! childofthe1980s ...

Digital ID #2
Hello People:o) Does anybody ever used Digital ID / Certificate ? If so please I need the feedback, cas my company want me to implement e-mail security. Any ans or sug.......highly appreciated. Mir I dont know about best, I'm in UK so the one I selected was specific to my requirements http://www.equifaxsecure.co.uk/index.html they do have a US office David "mir" <ita@bway.net> wrote in message news:rh6cncbBStKS8deiXTWJig@bway.net... > thanks for ur response........which one is the best? > "DL" <david.littleboy@DONTBUGMEpgen.net> wrote in message...

Importing data #2
Can anybody tell me how to import data in to excel!!! I need help!!! Is the data in a .txt file? If yes, then you can open it (File|open). You'll see a wizard that will allow you to separate each field. Sian wrote: > > Can anybody tell me how to import data in to excel!!! I > need help!!! -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com ...

No prior System Restore points
Since 2 days ago when I check System Restore, all it has is the most current restore point. In the past I would show about 2 months worth of prior restore points. A new one would be automatically created each day. Now only todays is there. I checked and the settings still look proper as to what they always were. System Restore is turned ON and it is set at %12 (max). What could have changed and how can fix it to not purge all prior points except the current one? On Apr 10, 3:21=A0am, mkenewbie <mkenew...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Since 2 days ago when I c...

Offline files #2
I am trying to get Offline files with my .pst file to work correctly. I have followed Q252509 to allow the synchronization of .pst files. I have network share with my .pst and have made it available offline. When i am on the network i can go into Outlook and get access to my personal folder. When i am off the network and try to access my personal folder it says it can't access the file because its trying to retrieve it from the network. I verified that the file has been cached by checking out winnt\cdc. So I'm wondering why the cached file is not used when working offline. How ...

CTabCtrl question #2
Hi, I have an SDI program with a CTabCtrl object with 5 tabs on the main View page. When the enter key is pressed all the controls on the currently displayed tab disappear. Any ideas what the cause is? Thanks, PK Is the tab control on a dialog imbedded in the view? AliR. "NewbProgrammer" <paul_kiefer@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1143420970.277640.257670@e56g2000cwe.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > I have an SDI program with a CTabCtrl object with 5 tabs on the main > View page. When the enter key is pressed all the controls on the > currently displayed tab ...

how do I design next year's calendar in Publisher?
I want to begin designing a 2006 calendar now. How can I do this in Publisher 2002 (Office XP 2002) OS Win XP Home? The template calendar is for the current year & I don't know how to import a different year - say from Outlook, to use within Publisher. Open one of the standard calendars in Publisher and choose Change date range. Then edit for your design. "EmmaJuJu" <EmmaJuJu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AB7D2F2C-1DFB-4E87-B7D9-D3833FF31182@microsoft.com... > I want to begin designing a 2006 calendar now. How can I do this in > Publish...

Release Mode #2
Hi All, i am facing a very typical problem that is when i execute my program in debug mode it runs but when i do the same thing in Release Mode it give error DialogBox with 2 buttons Close and Degug. My program is simple MFC program with no DLL. Whats Wrong? Thankx , Parijat. Hi Parijat, Check out this article: http://www.codeproject.com/debug/releasemode.asp Tom "PARIJAT" <parijat_3000@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1157667899.008369.290210@d34g2000cwd.googlegroups.com... > Hi All, > > i am facing a very typical problem that is when i execute my program i...

Number of days falling in various years
I am starting two dates in my example. The first is 6/20/02 and the second is 1/15/2006. I need to calculate in separate columns for years 2001 through 2006 the number of day in this year that are between these two dates. For example, in 2001, the answer is -, in 2002, the answer is 194, and in years 2003 through 2005, the answer is 365, and finally in 2006, the answer is 15 days. The formula below almost works, but 2001 it came up with a negative number. =MIN(IF(DATE(O1,12,31)<$K$2,0,MIN((DATE(O1,12,31)-$K$2), 365)),IF(DATE(O1,12,31)<$J$2,MIN((DATE(O1,12,31)-$K$2),365),G2...

SOP transactions not posted/posted??? #3
Hi, I have a weird sort of Error in the SOP module of Great Plains version 7 (pervasive) The smart list shows an Invoice as unposted, but when go do to the Sales Transaction entry screen and enter the invoice number, a pop up displays a message that the inovoice number is posted??? i have tried to run check links, but it shows no errors... so how can this be resolved... thanks in advance Sajid Saeed ...

Compare this year/qtr/mo to date with prior year/qtr/mo to date
Hi, I'm trying to create a report that compares revenues received this year/qtr/mo/wk with revenues received last year in the comparable year/qtr/mo/wk, and additionally by sales division and sales manager. I have the data stored in a table with fields: SlsDivID, SlsMgrID, DtRecd and AmtRecd. I know I will need to use the date part function, but am not sure how to get the info in the report I need. format should be: SlsDiv - SlsMgr - CY YTD - LY YTD - G/L and % - CY QTD - LY QTD - G/L and % etc etc. I have tried pivot tables (not working) and various group and total functions (a...

remove drop/create index from the Year End Close
We just completed some testing of the Dynamics GP Year End Close (YEC) process. We initiated the tests because a customer told us that the YEC was taking days and believed that it was due to a trigger in our application. After extensive testing, we determined that the triggers were causing extreme performance problems because the YEC process, if you run it as 'sa' or 'DYNSA' would drop the indexes on the GL20000 and GL30000 tables. If you then had any triggers on these tables, or triggers that executed select statements on these tables, the trigger would initiate a ta...

Posting interest
Money 2005: Upon entering a Cert of Deposit for the first time, and telling the program the maturity date, the interest rate, and whether to reinvest the interest on a monthly basis, should I also post the monthly statement amounts during the life of the CD? OR, will the program count that as a duplicate amount once the CD has matured and I renew/redeem and the program figures out the new renew amount? I'd like to keep track of the interest for tax purposes. Thanks for your help. Elizabeth, You should still post your statement amounts. You said you told the program "wheth...

Problem with Dialogs #2
Hello All; I am developing a dialog based application in MFC using visual studio 2005. I have a Property sheet in my dialog and one pane it contains a tree control. I am creating some dialogs again on double click event on tree control. Now the problem starts. When these dialogs are around, and I click on main dialog (Original one), it remains covered with the other dialogs. I want to make this dialog on the top of other dialogs. I have tried SetForeground on this but it was not usefull. any help in this regard will be thankfull Aniruddha Aniruddha wrote: > Hello All; > > I am...

Thoughts on upgrading every two years
The early comments on Money 2006 indicate that there is not much improvement over Money 2005. This makes me wonder whether I should even bother with Money 2006 (I already have Money 2005). My main concern with this type of product is stability. Judging from remarks in this froup, the upgrade process from 2004 to 2005 was especially nasty. Data was lost, and tears were shed. This suggests that frequent upgrades should be avoided: the upgrade process itself is unpleasant. On the other hand, I'm concerned that the upgrade from Money 2005 (all the way) to Money 2007 might be more defective ...

Time Calculations #2
I'm creating a spreadsheet to keep track of the hours I work and to calculate the pay. 'Here's roughly how it'll look.' (http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/2935/paycalculate2ch.jpg) How would I go about calculating the "normal", "evening" and "premium" hours, where normal, evening and premium are 0600-1800, 1800-0000, 0000-0600 respectively? -- craigj ------------------------------------------------------------------------ craigj's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27355 View this thread: http://...

http://1stmeds.2affiliate.com/af.cgi?aid=197&ent=2