Printing page numbers in report writer reports.

Dear All,

Is there any way to print the page numbers in reports
like 1 of 10, 2 of 10,...............10 of 10 format instead of
1,2,3,.................10.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!
--
Developer
0

Hi Habeeb

Sadly this is not possible with the Dexterity Report Writer.

The Report Writer is a single pass report writer which means it will not
know how many pages are printed until it has printed them, by which time it
is too late to put the "of #" on the page.

If you used VBA with RetrieveGlobals.dll. ADO and SQL to access the tables
and estimate the number of pages, it might be possible to make this work with
a VBA customisation.

David Musgrave [MSFT]
Senior Development Consultant
Escalation Engineer
MBS Support - Asia Pacific

Microsoft Business Solutions

mailto:dmusgrav@online.microsoft.com

and confers no rights.

"Habeeb" wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> Is there any way to print the page numbers in reports
> like 1 of 10, 2 of 10,...............10 of 10 format instead of
> 1,2,3,.................10.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated!
> Thanks!
> --
> Developer
0
dmusgrav1 (1325)

printing copies

Ghosted print and print preview

Smartlist report #3
In the SmartList reports, there is one called Account Summary, with a field called Balance for Calculation. That field has a drop down with (2) choices: Net Change or Period Balance. I have never been able to return any data if I use the "Period Balance" choice. Anyone know what I may be doing wrong? Merle Merle, You're not doing anything wrong. Basically, that field is useless in that particular SmartList. Personally I don't find much use for that SmartList in general. I know it sounds promising, but you're not going to get what you're looking for from...

Report from Access 2003 to 2007 problem

Print Dynamic Range

TCP/IP printing

GL Cross-Reference Report - no results
Trying to use the GL cross-reference report to reprint posting journals but I'm not getting any results. I've checked to confirm that all audit trail codes are marked to allow reprints. In the report options I've tried using open years, historical years, priting by JE range, audit trail, dates, source documents but nothing is returned regardless of the combination. On your report options window, do you have one of the account types checked off under 'Include'. It's on the left side of the window near the top. Kind regards, Leslie "irishjamr&q...

Printing booklet

Drawing Page Orientation Doesn't Match Printer Paper Orientation #2
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Power PC The thumbnail preview shows that the drawing page orientation doesn't match the printer paper orientation. I can not get the page orientation to match. When I change it to letter, I can see the document change to landscape. When I change the page orientation to landscape, it changes the document to portrait. The two will not be the same. This is in Word 2008, it also happened in an older version of Word. Help, what do I do? ...

Running Reports
Hello all, I've created a report that has the information that I've selected in it and everything is fine. But there are times I need to print out one persons statement instead of printing the entire report over. I know that I could do a query, but I would like to use the format of my creadted report. Is there a way I can access my created report and have it give me the information I want and not have to run the entire report? If you can help me. I would certainly appreciate it. Thank you. Using a query will not change the format of report. Create the query. Open the re...

Check printing in GP 7.0

Custom Reports #6
Hi, I need a custom report. does anyone knows someone who can do it? thanks, Sacha Hi there, Retail Analytics from Professional Adavantage will enable you to get any of your RMS data into Excel. Retail Analytics for Microsoft RMS is designed to help retailers manage their business by delivering analytical reporting on business performance. Easily identify trends, buying patterns, seasonality, and other key performance indicators for your business. If you enter it in RMS you can report on it in Retail Analytics. We also demonstrations of this product on your data - if you are i...

"Tiled" print setting.

CHtmlView and Printing

Problems with printing

Incorrect Tax-Inclusive Reports
Has anyone else noticed that the tax-inclusive reports in HQ and Store Manager give false information? The sales totals after tax are based on (TransactionEntry.Price * TransactionEntry.Quantity) - TransactionEntry.SalesTax. The totals of (price * quantity) already exclude tax! They are taking it out twice, which gives falsely lower sales totals. I have corrected the report for myself, but before I contact Microsoft, I would be interested to know if anyone else has brought it to their attention. price column is including tax on our set up base on the price source. So the report...

Printing--How not to Print Bkground

Printing in Vista

Formula/Macro to tally up numbers in Excel
I have a list of numbers in a column, e.g. :- 1 4 6 1 35 14 15 15 2 1 6 6 1 19 15 5 and want the computer to work out for me, how many times number x has turned up in column B? I presume this is possible with a function/macro within excel fairly easily? Any advice/pointers in the right direction would be appreciated. Please prefably reply in the newsgroup, or via email to "newshelp@the-core.freeserve.co.uk.DELETE", removing the .DELETE from the end of my address. Thanks, Mark Pyne Hi Have a look at COUNTIF() and try something like: =COUNTIF(B:B,1) to count how many 1s there ...

Sales Return with Lot Number
Hi All, I have spent almost 4 days now tryingt o figure out whats wrong, search every document realated to Sales Return , SOP Integration...... but of no help.... I am trying to integrate the Returns in SOP Transaction Entry Screen using Integration Manager. we are running GP10 with SP1. Issue Example: Item No: TEST101 UofMSchedule: EACH UofMSchedule Master Table: EACH = 1 = EACH CASE = 10 = EACH PACK = 20 = EACH I am able to integrate all the items with lot as return Returned Qty = On Hand. if the item UOM = EACH (which is actullay Base UOM). But if the same item is returned in C...

Access Input Mask for phone number
What is a phone number input mask that would result in the first case 916.723.5828 and second case if 916 is not entered 723.5828 notice the first "." is left off. "Bruce" <Bruce@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B4830038-5478-4859-B5AD-70C5311EDF1F@microsoft.com... > What is a phone number input mask that would result in the first case > 916.723.5828 and second case if 916 is not entered 723.5828 notice the > first > "." is left off. "Bruce" <Bruce@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message n...

How do you customize the 'Print View'?

Save as Web Page #3
Each time I save my workbook as an Excel workbook, I need to Save As a Web Page, so that the information is available on the company intranet. Is there a way I can automate this, so that instead of clicking Save, then clicking Save As Web Page, and navigating to the web folder, then closing the web page version, and re-opening the excel version to continue my work, can I run a macro, or something a bit less cumbersome? Couldn't you record a macro when you do it once manually. Then just replay that macro when you need to do it again (and again and again). File|SaveAs|webpage foll...