Printing invoices to PDF

I am printing invoices to a file using the pdf option.  It works good, EXCEPT
that with each invoice within a batch the system prompts for a file name.
Does anyone know how i can print the entire batch to one pdf file instead of
creating one pdf file for each invoice?  I am using Great Plains version 8,
sp3  and printing the invoices in Project Accounting Major 8 build 60.

Thank you
0
Pauline (40)

If you have a PDF writer installed as a printer, you can direct the output to
the printer. For example, I have PDF995 and use it when I don't have a
physical device but still want to print the reports. You will still need to
give the file a name at the beginning. There may be a PDF tool that can
automatically number new files.
--
Charles Allen, MVP

"Pauline" wrote:

> I am printing invoices to a file using the pdf option.  It works good, EXCEPT
> that with each invoice within a batch the system prompts for a file name.
> Does anyone know how i can print the entire batch to one pdf file instead of
> creating one pdf file for each invoice?  I am using Great Plains version 8,
> sp3  and printing the invoices in Project Accounting Major 8 build 60.
>
> Thank you
0
callen (2505)
2/21/2006 8:07:29 PM
What is the pdf option you are referring here to?  And then additionally,
what is the PDF writer that you are using?  If you are using Adobe, the only
version that is supported from Great Plains, then I can't think of why you
would be seeing this happen for a couple reasons:

1. When you print to PDF from GP (with Adobe), the code automatically
outputs to the file with the name you specify.  There can't be user
intervention for this kind of processing which makes sense.  The PDF995 tool
the Charles mention seems good but there isn't any way to know how to force
the product to accept a file name and not prompt (which is why that GP only
supports Adobe, since that it possible to specify in Adobe).

2. Thinking about your process, you say that you are printing out a "batch"
of invoices but then get prompted individually for the invoices.  With
GP/Adobe providing this, if you printed a batch of invoices which from GP
would be one big report then you'd have 1 PDF file of all the invoices.
Typically not what you want.  So if there were a problem I could see you
saying that you were prompted for "1" file name at most.  However if you are
getting promtped for individual files, I suspect that you have a
customization in place that is "watching" the printing process and then
running its "own" print to PDF routine.  And again since you are prompted
for an output file name then I suspect that your PDF writer must be one of
the other low or free PDF writers out there.

patrick
mbs developer support

"Pauline" <Pauline@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am printing invoices to a file using the pdf option.  It works good,
EXCEPT
> that with each invoice within a batch the system prompts for a file name.
> Does anyone know how i can print the entire batch to one pdf file instead
of
> creating one pdf file for each invoice?  I am using Great Plains version
8,
> sp3  and printing the invoices in Project Accounting Major 8 build 60.
>
> Thank you

0
prot1 (1345)
2/25/2006 6:54:50 PM
Patrick-
I am using Adobe Acrobat version 6 as my pdf writer.  I am printing an
invoice batch from the Print biller docs window.  Although i can turn this
feature off, it does prompt to name a file for each invoice printed within
the batch.  I do want the process you discuss under item number 2-which is...
 "2....   With
> GP/Adobe providing this, if you printed a batch of invoices which from GP
> would be one big report then you'd have 1 PDF file of all the invoices.
> THIS IS WHAT I WANT IT TO DO.

I can't figure out how to get the pdf file to APPEND instead of replace.

Thanks for your help, Pauilne

"Patrick [MSFT]" wrote:

> What is the pdf option you are referring here to?  And then additionally,
> what is the PDF writer that you are using?  If you are using Adobe, the only
> version that is supported from Great Plains, then I can't think of why you
> would be seeing this happen for a couple reasons:
>
> 1. When you print to PDF from GP (with Adobe), the code automatically
> outputs to the file with the name you specify.  There can't be user
> intervention for this kind of processing which makes sense.  The PDF995 tool
> the Charles mention seems good but there isn't any way to know how to force
> the product to accept a file name and not prompt (which is why that GP only
> supports Adobe, since that it possible to specify in Adobe).
>
> 2. Thinking about your process, you say that you are printing out a "batch"
> of invoices but then get prompted individually for the invoices.  With
> GP/Adobe providing this, if you printed a batch of invoices which from GP
> would be one big report then you'd have 1 PDF file of all the invoices.
> Typically not what you want.  So if there were a problem I could see you
> saying that you were prompted for "1" file name at most.  However if you are
> getting promtped for individual files, I suspect that you have a
> customization in place that is "watching" the printing process and then
> running its "own" print to PDF routine.  And again since you are prompted
> for an output file name then I suspect that your PDF writer must be one of
> the other low or free PDF writers out there.
>
> patrick
> mbs developer support

> "Pauline" <Pauline@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I am printing invoices to a file using the pdf option.  It works good,
> EXCEPT
> > that with each invoice within a batch the system prompts for a file name.
> > Does anyone know how i can print the entire batch to one pdf file instead
> of
> > creating one pdf file for each invoice?  I am using Great Plains version
> 8,
> > sp3  and printing the invoices in Project Accounting Major 8 build 60.
> >
> > Thank you

0
Pauline (40)
3/20/2006 7:26:43 PM
Print Biller Docs?  I'm not familiar with that window or perhaps I am just
thinking of it with a different name.  What is the navigation path to get
there?  IE Transactions | Sales | ????.  It might be that the window itself
is forcing each document to print one by one in which case what you are
seeing is because of that.  If that is the case then you are going to be out
of luck unless there is a setup option somewhere to _not_ make it do that.

Assuming that Dexterity code is what is, in the end, generating the PDF
files then there isn't any way to append a PDF onto an existing PDF.  It
will always overwrite the previous version.

patrick
mbs dev support

> [...]
of
> > the other low or free PDF writers out there.
> >
> > patrick
> > mbs developer support
> >
> > --
rights.

> > "Pauline" <Pauline@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > I am printing invoices to a file using the pdf option.  It works good,
> > EXCEPT
> > > that with each invoice within a batch the system prompts for a file
name.
> > > Does anyone know how i can print the entire batch to one pdf file
instead
> > of
> > > creating one pdf file for each invoice?  I am using Great Plains
version
> > 8,
> > > sp3  and printing the invoices in Project Accounting Major 8 build 60.

0
prot1 (1345)
3/21/2006 1:42:19 AM
Patrick,  I believe that this is the case.  But since my last post we have
decided that this would be ok.  Thank you for your input, it was very
helpful!  Pauline

"Patrick [MSFT]" wrote:

> [...]
> "batch"
> > > of invoices but then get prompted individually for the invoices.  With
> > > GP/Adobe providing this, if you printed a batch of invoices which from
> GP
> > > would be one big report then you'd have 1 PDF file of all the invoices.
> > > Typically not what you want.  So if there were a problem I could see you
> > > saying that you were prompted for "1" file name at most.  However if you
> are
> > > getting promtped for individual files, I suspect that you have a
> > > customization in place that is "watching" the printing process and then
> > > running its "own" print to PDF routine.  And again since you are
> prompted
> > > for an output file name then I suspect that your PDF writer must be one
> of
> > > the other low or free PDF writers out there.

0
Pauline (40)

Multiple invoices to multiple customers from one order?
I think that this is not possible, but I need to ask since it will be happening on a regular basis: We have a new contract with a customer who has independent contractors. The contractors will come in and purchase a specific large item from us - mother company will pay a specific monetary amount and the contractor is responsible for the rest. So basically, we need to create one order, but have two invoices to two different customers that are linked to the original order. Is there ANY way to do this. Thanks Yes, You can use National Accounts for this. You can setup your main contra...

printing copies

Ghosted print and print preview

Print Dynamic Range

TCP/IP printing

Printing booklet

Check printing in GP 7.0

How do I convert PDF files to Excel?
I need to convert PDF files to formatted a Excel file so that I can make adjustments to the amounts in one column. "Kusko" <Kusko@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:59E00681-1630-4D2D-BB1A-2DEB11DA3AF3@microsoft.com... > I need to convert PDF files to formatted a Excel file so that I can make > adjustments to the amounts in one column. You need Adobe Acrobat if you want to modify a pdf file. /Fredrik Scan it and send it to a OCR program. Hoping that you have a clean legible master to scan. -- HansM "Kusko" <Kusko@discussions.microsof...

CHtmlView and Printing

"Tiled" print setting.

Problems with printing

data from sql to pdf form
how can i merge data like customer name, address, etc. from sql to a pdf form? thank sam Idea #1 Sql Server Reporting Services. PDF is one export option. You should supply which version(s) of Sql Server you have.............the more information you provide, the more exact any tips can be. "Sam" <focus10@zahav.net.il> wrote in message news:uUqHHPLhKHA.5424@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > how can i merge data like customer name, address, etc. from sql to a pdf > form? > > thank > sam > > sql server 2000 &quo...

Printing--How not to Print Bkground

Printing in Vista

How do you customize the 'Print View'?

Printing problem

Print a report without displaying print preview
Hi, Please can someone tell me in a really basic way how can I print a report WITHOUT it also previewing. I'm using 2007 I have several forms which have a print button ( created with the command button wizard, report operations, print report, then relevant report is chosen to print). This works great, and prints the relevant report for the the associated record, however when you click the print button it also displays the print preview and doesn't close it again. This means that until the preview is closed the same thing keeps printing when the button is clicked....

Currency to Print
Is there a way to set up the defaut "Currency To Print:" to Originating when printe the Invoice from the Sales Batch ID. There is no problem to print the Invoice from Sales transaction Entry, because the default Currency was set using Originating. Thanks, Kevin, Yes. When you select the Print icon in Sales Batch, print options window will open where you specify Originating in Print currency in Dropdown. This should work the same way as printing invoice from sales transaction entry -- Thanks Janakiram M.P. MCP-GP http://janakirammp.blogspot.com "Kevin Zhou" wro...

Printing clips the side of the document words
Hello, I've just installed all the updates for Windows XP that were required and others also and have Office 2003 with Outlook 2003. I've tried to print an email message and the words in the narrative are clipped on the right and left margins. The "TO" "FROM" "SUBJECT" and all the other header information is aligned correctly and the problem is only with the main text portion. When I print regular WORD documents, I don't have this problem and my printer can print directly to the edge of the paper (Laser). The formatting is coming from Outlook a...

Invoice... Amount in letter
Since(As,Like) the quantities put in letter to the invoices in the reports since in the checks if there appears a field that allows you to put the amount but in Invoicing. That needs since I have the format already finished to stamp(print) you bill to the clients but it is necessary to have the quantity of the whole in letter ...

Printing
Hi, I have a custom list control (base class is not CListCtrl but simply CWnd). I need to implement printing. I once created a whole printing function for a standard CListCtrl, by making complete custom drawing routines to take data out of the list control and draw it onto a printer DC. However, I have seen how "Custom Grid Control" and other controls can somehow simply map the screen (including icons and everything) onto the printer.. it's not simply a screen print obviously, because it adapts to the printer resolution, but I do wonder if there isn't just a standard print...

Slowing Printing with Publisher & Merged Database
I am doing a newsletter that prints out customers addresses by pulling them off an Excel spreadsheet. I have about 1200 records in the spreadsheet. As the printer runs, it prints out each newsletter with one customers address and then moves down to the next record. The problem I am having is that it takes an extremely and I mean extremely long time to print. 10 copies takes about 15 to 20 minutes. My Publisher file is about seven megabytes. I am using Publisher 2003 and Windows XP Pro SP2 printing to a Xerox 3535 creo Spire. The Spire shows the file as being 900 MB for each 100...

2008 money invoice designer completely broken for me
Specs: Vista Ultimate Money 2k8 Home and Biz Trial Both updated I just downloaded the trial version of Money. I plan(ned?) on buying it and using it for my business. The first thing I did after installing, was open the Invoice Designer and try to create an invoice... I say try because it doesn't work -- at all. First, I tried to add my company logo but the logo box becomes attached to my mouse pointer and I cannot resize the logo. I have to hit ESC for the logo box to detach. No matter what I click on in the designer -- label, textbox, logo -- it becomes attached to my mouse...