Printer setup #2

One of our users has lost a network printer connection.  The printer is not
available in file>print setup.  We've tried restarting and shutting down the
computer.  It's only happening to one user.  Any ideas?
--
Thanks for the help!
0

As it's a network printer you might want to ensure the print server is
operational.  Do you see the printer when you go to: start >> settings >>
printers and faxes?  If yes, then I would try to reconnect the printer, if no
then the print server is not operational.

hope this helps,  rc

"terry" wrote:

> One of our users has lost a network printer connection.  The printer is not
> available in file>print setup.  We've tried restarting and shutting down the
> computer.  It's only happening to one user.  Any ideas?
> --
> Thanks for the help!
0
RC (240)

Column
Hi, I have spent hours trying to work out how I can create a chart with 2x Y axes that are column - column - that don't overlap but are represented by to bars next to each other - NOT OVERLAPPING. I feel that I have tried everything - I have tried fiddling with the overlap ect... but I can't seem to get two seperate bars. I would love any hints and even to know if is possible or not. I thankyou in advance for you response. Hayley -- Hayley44 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Hayley44's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?actio...

Printing in booklet setup
I have a job that is sent to me in a booklet form. It shows the corners folded over on the pages along the bottom of publisher. I've tried in the past to use this mode to print a booklet but I've had no success. It always prints off letter pages of if I pick 11x17 sheet size, it reduces the size and just doesn't print it properly. The page size is 8.5 x 11 and I want to print onto 11 x 17 then fold. Your printer will determine where the fold will be. Look at your printer settings, it will say something like *Flip pages up* or there will be options about binding. If the pa...

excel vba
i have set it up so that when they click a command button i automatically saves the invoice sheet into my documents with the K cell contents as the file name. However, i would like to have it set u so that one they close, the next time they open the sheet to do anothe invoice it will be 1 number higher than the last saved invoice number The reply posted before took care of most of that, but now it seem that when i click the command button to auto save it to my docs an close the sheet, when i open a new sheet it comes up as the sam number. Should there be some sort of loop code in there? code:...

Payables Cheque
When printing a payables cheque (Transactions > Purchasing > Print Cheques), after selecting Process, I am prompted to print to the screen, printer or a file. Is there a way to default this always to the printer & not even be prompted for it. Thanks Yes, in Posting Setup (Administration>Posting>Posting) select the Purchasing Series and Computer Checks Origin. In the bottom section of the window, you'll see each of the reports that print when you hit Process. You can de-select the ? to prevent the system from asking for the destination, de-select the Scre...

Printer status?
Hi to everyone! I don't know if this argument is OffTopic. Anyway I would like to seriously discuss about Getting the status of a common windows printer. I think I've read most of the threads about this argument. Most of them suggest to view an example on an MSDN article ... something like Q160129 "How To Get the Status of a Printer and a Print Job"...or anyway suggest to use the PRINTER_INFO_n structures... Well, this DOES NOT WORK!. Probably I make some mistakes... but if is true that there are some structures like PRINTER_INFO_n, that have an entry for the status... is...

Citrix Printer Problem
When running on our Citrix server, everytime we change companies in Dynamics the printer changes from the user's default to another printer. Anyone know how to make Dynamics stay with the default printer? We are running Dynamics Ver 7.0 and Citrix Metaframe XP Ver 1.0 on a Windows Sever 2003. Thanks Hi How is the GP client installed on the Citrx server? Are all the users using the same DEX.ini file? "JEK" <JEK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0BB7F031-0E3C-4BF0-91AD-1160B34EC642@microsoft.com... > When running on our Citrix server, everytime...

Initial setup
When I first started up Outlook it asked for an exchange server and name. I don't think I use an exchange server, I'm just trying to set Outlook up to review my tcp/ip mail account (a road runner account). Everytime I just try to cancel out of the request for my exchange server I receive a message that my email file (.ost) could not be found and it cannot run offline. When I say OK the program shuts down. I can't get the program to start. Remove/add the accounts here: Control Panel > Mail > Email accounts "tyringtostart" <tyringtostart@discussions.microso...

PDF Printer as default GP printer
I have my PDF printer set up as my default printer. When printing a SOP Invoice - it asks me where to create the file to....is there a way to setup a default file location for the creating of PDF's? Thanks Andrea, This issue cannot be done through GP since GP is only sending the printing job to the printer, you may need to look in the application settings that created this printer. For printers created by Adobe PDF follow steps below: 1. Right click the printer. 2. Go to Advanced Tab 3. Click on Printing Defaults. 4. Uncheck "Prompt for Adobe PDF filename" Regards, -- M...

Domain users cannot print on networked printer in SBS 2003 R2 netw
Hi , I have an Epson CX11NF printer networked to a server running SBS 2003 R2. The printer has been added to the server and I can print from the server. When logged onto a network client as a domain admin I can print. When logged on as a domain user on a network client I cannot print (error printing). When logged on as a domain print operator on a network client I cannot print. Domain users have the correct permissions on the server Windows Temp and Spool folders. I have the same results whether the printer properties are set for spooled printing or direct to printer printing....

Merging two lists #2
I need to merge two address lists with differing information. Some addresses in list A are also in list B. List B includes a column with phone numbers and A does not. How do I merge the two adding the phone number to the correct address rows and keep all the other info intact? Hi Bill so all the addresses are in list A, but list B has additional information that list A doesn't have? if so you can use the VLOOKUP to "add" the data from list B to list A (assuming your spreadsheet is set up in a useable format) e.g. list A .....A............B 1..Name....Address list B .....

Outlook Archive Folders #2
Hello. Perhaps someone can advise me on this problem. In Outlook, I have two archive folders - one that works and one that always is visible, but cannot be deleted - even if I right click on it and choose delete. I should only have 1 archive folder. Whenever I click on this extra or "problem" archive folder, it says "set of folders could not be opened". This is just my home computer - not a complicated network install for an office. Is there a "hidden" way to delete this unused archive folder on my outlook "Folder List". Thanks to anyone who can h...

Visio 2003: 2-D arrows and text orientation
I'd like to be able to rotate the text displayed on a 2-D arrow shape relative to the shape itself. Does anyone know how to do this? On Wed, 4 Jul 2007 19:35:34 -0400, "Mister Scary" <daniel_newhouse@earthlink.net> wrote: >I'd like to be able to rotate the text displayed on a 2-D arrow shape >relative to the shape itself. Does anyone know how to do this? with the shape selected, on the toolbar, select the small down arrow next to the Text Tool and select the Text Block Tool, the text area on the line will now not only be highlighted by green blocks but ...

Why is printer driver receiving JPG?
Hello, I'm working on a printer driver based on the Oemuni example from the DDK. The problem is that OEMBitBlt (and other functions) are receiving jpegs as the destination source (as identified by psoDest- >fjBitmap == BMF_JPEG). In my EnablePDEV, I'm setting the DEVINFO->flGraphicsCaps2 flag to 0 (even though it should already be 0). Am I understanding the documentation wrong or should psoDst not be in jpeg format? On Jan 19, 4:51=A0pm, Agromatic <sutton1...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hello, > > I'm working on a printer driver based on the Oemuni ex...

HELP
If anybody can help with this problem in Excel 2003 I will SURELY appreciate it! I have a list of 10,000 names in list #1. Each piece of information is broken down into its own column (First Name, Last Name, Company Name, Company Address, etc.) as it was exported out of Maximizer Enterprise in Lotus Notes. I imported this information into Excel. List #2 is a list of 5000 of the same names, but these names are those of list 1 that do NOT have email addresses. These are the people we postal mail information to. What I have to have is list #2 subtracted completely from list #1, which will leav...

#NA #2
I have some lookup data in blank fields. If there is no data, then #NA is displayed, how can I hid the #NA without affecting the look up? Thanks. -- Dewi, (remove spin for email) =IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(A1,B1:D22,3,0)),"",VLOOKUP(A1,B1:D22,3,0)) On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 07:42:56 +0100, Dewi <ngs@spin.wynwilliams.spin.freeserve.co.uk> wrote: >I have some lookup data in blank fields. If there is no data, then #NA >is displayed, how can I hid the #NA without affecting the look up? > >Thanks. Hi change your formula as follows: =IF(ISNA(your_formula),"",your_for...

MSPOS: Number of printers available
Refresh my memory please, why are we allowed only 2 printers for each register? I have access to 7 printers on my network, why can't I print to most of them. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/News...

users should administer printers not administrators
Great Plains administration of printers (Unnecessary administration is required) Named Printers is obviously a flawed idea. The administrator of the GP program should not be involved with the user period…. The basic concept is that the administrator knows every printer in the company or multiple companies in my case, the users and where all things should print… That’s a phenomenal amount of memory required to do a simple job… As an administrator it’s best to stay out of the way of all the users needs, keep with the security issues and have as little to do with Let the user assign his ow...

Pub 2.0h
Hey kids... I just found my old discs for Publisher 2.0... Worth anything?? ;) 2.0a or 2.0az in Oceania. Yeah, sure, as much as that mongrel garbage sick dog george w bush is worth - NOTHING. A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from Steve in NC <dtp2webSPAM@netscape.net>!"... > I just found my old discs for Publisher 2.0... > > Worth anything?? Keep 'em for another few years and they could be antiques :-) -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/ Before reading this message, view the disclaimer: http:/...

Networked Printer
We have a HP 2605dtn that is shared out on a Windows 2003 server. This week people have been complaining that PDF files take a long time to print. It prints a page, then stops, then starts back up. The driver on the server is a PCL6 driver. I have had problems in the past with PCL6 drivers, so I went to HP's site, but did not find a PCL5 driver, just a PostScript driver. I downloaded that and changed the driver on the server. Now on my PC, it's saying "printer not found on server". The share name is the same. If I change it back to the PCL6 driver, my ...

Synchronizing contact folders #2
Is there any way to synchronize public folder contacts with an users exchange mailbox contacts? The idea is that when the PDAs sync the user's profile, that they get the share company contacts folder. Hi Peter, your Outlook version is? Your Exchange Server version is? You could use 3rd party tools which support the synchronizatio directly with "Public Folders": http://www.slipstick.com/addins/olpda.htm You could try (for Outlook 2002) a freeware tool of Microsoft "Outlook PCS": "Outlook 2002 Add-in: Pocket Contact Synchronizer 1.2" http://www.micro...

creating a new account #2
hi, i was lookin to create a new email address for my company ie.. stev@companyname.com , there are already addresses from the older members of the company, and i have to delete a few that have left. Would you have any idea how to create an email address and then set up a mailbox in outlook and delete or edit existing addresses, it is all on a server aswell. Thanks , Stephen Is this an Exchange server, if so what version of Exchange "stev" <stev81@talk21.com> wrote in message news:2438101c45f4c$f0672020$a401280a@phx.gbl... > hi, i was lookin to create a new email ad...

Service Pack 2 Upgrade results in corrupted IIS metabase
I'm preparing to upgrade our 2 node (active/passive) Exchange 2003 cluster to service pack 2 in order to be able to apply the recent patch for the new daylight savings time. I've been doing a few trial upgrades on a virtual cluster I have set up in MS Virtual Server. I follow the steps outlined here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/328839/en-us And everything seems to go smoothly up until the very last steps where I bring the Exchange resources on the newly upgraded node online. Everything comes on line EXCEPT the HTTP resource, which comes online briefly and then immediately fails...

what is printer port set-up for wireless printer
I'm having difficulty printing to hp adhoc lan See http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c00035871&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=&product=305980&rule=8674 -- Hope this helps, Doug Robbins - Word MVP Please reply only to the newsgroups unless you wish to obtain my services on a paid professional basis. "arubabob" <arubabob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1DC43EB1-2F98-4A40-87AD-80034B45BF59@microsoft.com... > I'm having difficulty printing to hp adhoc lan ...

waterfall charts #2
once you delete colors on charts by selecting no color and no border, how do you get colors back in for that selection on the bar chart? Hi, If you are having trouble selecting the now invisible bar try the following. Click on any of the bars that are visible in that series. Then use the right arrow cursor key to cycle through the bars in that series. Once the invisible bar is selected use CTRL+1 to display the Format dialog. If none of the bars are available for selection in that series just select the chart and use the up arrow cursor key to cycle through the major elements of the ...