print more than one company name and address

I have a company that is already setup in GP 9. There is actually only one
company (legal entity), but there is a division within this company. When I
print sales invoices sometimes I need to print the name of the company and at
other times I need to print the name of the division. What would be the best
way to achieve this?

Here are two options to consider:
There are four built-in invoice forms - short form, long form, etc; Use one
for each purpose
Alternatively, use the same form for all invoices. Then, depanding on say
the DocID, use a conditional formula in ReportWriter to determine if parent
or division name should be used.

HS

--
www.DynExtra.com
A resource for the Microsoft Dynamics Community
"John Schrock" <JohnSchrock@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a company that is already setup in GP 9. There is actually only one
> company (legal entity), but there is a division within this company. When
> print sales invoices sometimes I need to print the name of the company and
> at
> other times I need to print the name of the division. What would be the
> best
> way to achieve this?

0
HSalim (1270)
4/2/2007 7:14:38 PM
I would suggest creating Calculated Fields using the RW_CoAddrIDInfo() Report
Writer User defined Function.

Here are the parameters:

in 'Address Code' IN_Address_Code;	{ Leave Blank for Default }
in integer IN_Field;								{ Field to Return }

{
IN_Field should use the following values:-
 1 = Contact Name
 2 = Address 1
 3 = Address 2
 4 = Address 3
 5 = City
 6 = State
 7 = Zip
 8 = Country
 9 = Phone 1
10 = Phone 2
11 = Phone 3
12 = Fax
13 = Country Code
14 = County
15 = Address Name
16 = Address ID
}

This allows you to pull the address info from the company locations or if no
location is selected from the company address.

Hope this helps.

David Musgrave [MSFT]
Senior Development Consultant
Escalation Engineer - Great Plains

http://www.microsoft.com/Dynamics

mailto:dmusgrav@online.microsoft.com

and confers no rights.

"John Schrock" wrote:

> I have a company that is already setup in GP 9. There is actually only one
> company (legal entity), but there is a division within this company. When I
> print sales invoices sometimes I need to print the name of the company and at
> other times I need to print the name of the division. What would be the best
> way to achieve this?
0
dmusgrav1 (1325)

Write Name of Report Query in Report Footer
Is it possible to programmatically write the name of the query the report is based on in a text box in the report footer. "Steve Stad" <SteveStad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A1B0F793-C14A-4101-AB45-807BE72A4A11@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to programmatically write the name of the query the report > is based on in a text box in the report footer. Place a text box on your report, and set its Control Source property to: =[Report].[RecordSource] -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users...

Confine results of web query to one cell
How do you confine the results of a web query to one cell in Excel 2004? Under Excel 2004 a web query always seems to use up two cells in a given column no matter what data range properties I set. I never had a problem with this in Excel 2000. ...

how to uninstall ms publisher after a one week trial?
I have used the control panel software remove facility to get rid of a trial version of ms publisher but it remains in the computer and nothing seems to be able to delete it. Can anyone help please? See: How to uninstall the 2007 Office system if you cannot uninstall it by using the Add or Remove Programs feature http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928218/en-us -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "removing an ms publisher trial version" <removing an ms publisher trial version@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:01C8FA93-917E-4A98-945C-7C3813FFA9F4@microsoft....

Multiple invoices to multiple customers from one order?
I think that this is not possible, but I need to ask since it will be happening on a regular basis: We have a new contract with a customer who has independent contractors. The contractors will come in and purchase a specific large item from us - mother company will pay a specific monetary amount and the contractor is responsible for the rest. So basically, we need to create one order, but have two invoices to two different customers that are linked to the original order. Is there ANY way to do this. Thanks Yes, You can use National Accounts for this. You can setup your main contra...

printing copies

2 buttons change to 1 button for one go
Hello, I have 2 buttons to append data, 1st to put the file into a folder, the 2nd is to make an append from that folder. How can I make it to be just one button. This is my VBA: The 1st one: On Error GoTo Err_SendtoOutbox_Click Call Shell("xcopy C:\Churchdata\BkEnd\Hahomion_be.mdb C:\Churchdata\ChurchdataConso\BkEnd\Hahomion_be.mdb/y") Exit_SendtoOutbox_Click: Exit Sub Err_SendtoOutbox_Click: MsgBox Err.Description Resume Exit_SendtoOutbox_Click End Sub The 2nde one: Private Sub HFSUPDate_Click() On Error GoTo Err_HFSUPDate_Click ...

Ghosted print and print preview

Print Dynamic Range

TCP/IP printing

Printing booklet

Check printing in GP 7.0

Multiple Pivot tables from One selection
I would like 2 or 3 pivot tables to use on pivot table selection. I.e the selection criteria of the 1st pivot table on the menu page determines what the page data of the other pivot table displays on seperate sheets where the other pivot tables are contained. So the selection of one pivot table controls the rest. -- dapo ------------------------------------------------------------------------ dapo's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29967 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=496616 Check the "Synchronize 2 Piv...

Outlook appointments in extendend DST time frame are now off one h
I read through the prolific Microsoft documentation on the DST change. My interpretation on how to deal with my XP SP2 clients with Outlook 2003 on Exchange 2000 (on Win2K) was this. 1. Patch the XP SP2 clients 2. TZEdit the Windows 2000 server where Exchange 2000 is installed 3. Since most users do not have adequate privileges to run the Outlook tool TZMove, don’t bother giving it to them. 4. Use only the Exchange tool (MsExTmz.exe) (Also requires TZMove) to correct all the time zone issues in mailbox/calendars for all whopping 60 users. While the process was clear as mud, I though...

CHtmlView and Printing

Display file name without the file type extension
Is it possible to return the file name value to a cell without the '.xlsx'? Thanks. Try the below in a saved workbook. =TRIM(LEFT(SUBSTITUTE(MID(CELL("filename",A1), FIND("[",CELL("filename",A1))+1,255),".xl",REPT(" ",255)),255)) If this post helps click Yes --------------- Jacob Skaria "NAHolmes" wrote: > Is it possible to return the file name value to a cell without the '.xlsx'? > > Thanks. Try this: =MID(CELL("filename",A1),FIND("[",CELL("filename",A...

"Tiled" print setting.

Problems with printing

Printing--How not to Print Bkground

Printing in Vista

Address book question #4
Any advice on the following would be appreciated: Using OfficeXP on the pc, if I want to use Outlook's address book from Word to add an address to a envelope I am able to see all contact address's On my laptop, trying to do the same above I am only able to see contact address's that have where the contact has an email or fax number What setting do I need to change on the laptop so that I am able to see all contact address's TIA Tom ...

How do you customize the 'Print View'?

Printing problem