preventing allocation for a range of items

Hello:

In GP 10.0, is it possible to turn off lot and bin allocation only for a
range of items?

childofthe1980s

Hiding only some items in tree control
is it possible to hide only some itemes within in tree control ? in VC+ + MFC You can not hide them, but you can remove them and add them back again as needed. I've heard of people changing the state to TVIS_CUT which makes it kind of a grayed out color and you can check the state for operations to have you handlers ignore those items. You can also use OnCustomDraw() to do some pretty interesting things. Here's an example: http://www.codeguru.com/cpp/controls/treeview/misc-advanced/article.php/c651/ Tom "Kishore" <kishor.s22@gmail.com> wrote in ...

preventing date from changing
I have an If condition that sets the date to "today()" true or "today() + 1" if false. My question is how do I prevent the date from changing? If the date is set for today, then tomorrow I don't want to "update". How can this be done? thanks You could copy the cell, and paste as values, before you close the file. (Edit>Paste Special, Values) Or, you could enter today's date in a cell in the row (Ctrl+; ), then refer to that cell in the formula. For example, instead of: =IF(A2="Local",TODAY(),TODAY()+1) enter: =IF(A2="Local...

Sum range of values that meet date criteria
I have a database on Sheet1. Column A contains dates, the database is sorted ascending. Column B contains my values. On Sheet2 I want to sum information from the database in weekly increments. On Sheet2 I've entered the start date for the week in Column A, and the end date for the week in Column B. What formula could I use in Column C (Sheet2) to sum a week's data from Column B (Sheet1)? I've searched google groups, and tried a few things, but struck out. Ed One way: =SUMIF(Sheet1!A:A,">="&A1,Sheet1!B:B)-SUMIF(Sheet1! A:A,">"&B1,Sheet1!B:B) ...

Counting records in a column range occuring between specific dates
I'm using Excel 2003, Win XP. I just want to enter a funtion/formula that counts how many times a record appears in a range between two specific dates rather than having to filter the records and do a count. I've been trying the COUNTIF function but without any luck. Example: =COUNTIF(A1:A200,>=12012008,<=12312008). I know this is completely wrong but you get the idea. Thanks in advance. Jeremy. Try one of these: =COUNTIF(A1:A200,">="&DATE(2008,12,1))-COUNTIF(A1:A200,">"&DATE(2008,12,31)) Or, better to use cells to hold the date b...

outlook feature to prevent forgetting attachments
Often people forget to send attachments with emails. Very often they will write something along the lines of "I have attached the minutes from our meeting" and then forget to atcually attach a file. Is there a way therefore that outlook can check the text of an email for words like attach, attached, attachment and query the user before sending if there does not appear to be an attachment? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree"...

Print Selected Items in Excel Order Form
Hi, I’m new to the site and also to Visual Basic. I have found the following code from Dave Peterson on http://www.contextures.com/xlForm03.html, which does more or less what I want apart from one thing, which I can’t figure out how to change. Values from the worksheet list, starting in Column B and moving right, are copied to the order form, into the addresses specified. Instead of copying values from Column B and moving right (as in B1, C1, D1...), I would like to copy to the form only selected cells like B1, D1, H1... Print Marked Items Code Option Base 0 Sub Print...

Prevent the sales from Tendering when another Item is Scan at POS
Hello, We have serveral items that our Retail does have price assign to them. The cashier will scan the next item. They will not notice the last item they did not enter a price. Now the 2nd item is the price for the 1st item. Then the cashier will tender out the sales without noticing they have an incorrect total for this transaction. Then the store manager have to performed a post void for this transaction, which hold up the customer awaiting to check out. Have anyone else encounter this and know a way to limited sale from being total out of an acceptable sales amount...

Allocating a different cost for an additional team in the same res
dear All, I have the following problem that i need to solve. I have a certain resource where if i use upto 400% of it the charge would be 70$ per hour. However, if the usage exceeds 400%, each additional 100% (i.e. team) sall be charged at 120$ per hour. Any idea how can i reflect this in MS Project 2007. Thank you Plan for (ie budget for) the worst (ie most expensive) case, and then when you track actual costs it will turn out to be better than expected and you (and your boss) will get a pleasant surprise. -- Trevor Rabey 0407213955 61 8 92727485 PERFECT PROJECT P...

Sorting numbers into ranges i.e 0-1000,1001-2000 and getting count
Please help, I need to sort the following type cost apple 800 banana 1000 cherry 1500 banana 1050 banana 600 cherry 2500 apple 0 so that it sorts by type and then does count between ranges 0-1000 1001-2000, 2001-3000 i.e type 0-1000 1001-2000 2001-3000 apple banana "with a count here " cherry thanks mik -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi one way: 1. Add a helper column to show your type. e.g. enter the following in column C / cell C1: =MAX(INT((B1-1)/1000),0)*1000 & " - " & (MAX(INT((B1-1)/1000),0)+1)*1000 and ...

Conditional Formula to search ranges??
I need to prepare a conditional formula that will confirm or reject the data in Column A to the data in Columns B and C as well as the range of numbers in between B and C. Columns B and C are roughly twenty thousand lines and range anywhere from 1 to 1000 numbers. For example: Column A Column B Column C 473190044 491987100 491987199 511373007 491987200 491987299 542418053 491987300 491988300 Can excel search a range of 100-199 like in columns B and C or will all numbers require a individual cell? I am ...

Stock count of serial numbered items
I have recurring issues with serial-numbered items and stock count entry. For instance, in my stock count I have a serial-numbered item with a captured quantity of 1. My counted quantity is zero. Therefore, I should have a variance of -1. I go into the Stock Count Serial Number Entry window and change the Count Status to Not Found for my one serial number. When I click on OK, I get "The variance or counted quantity for this serial number does not equal the variance or counted quantity for the item - Continue, Override, Cancel". If I click on Override, I get "The calc...

prevent user from deleting a tab prevent running macro from menu
how can one prevent a user from 1. deleting a specific tab in a workbook? 2. prevent a user from running a macro from the tools menu (where user can only run a macro from a command button)? thanks! #1. Protect the workbook's structure. In xl2003 menus: tools|protection|protect workbook|check structure #2. Make the sub private: Sub Testme() becomes Private Sub testme() This will stop the user from seeing that subroutine--but if they know the name, they can still type it and run it. joemeshuggah wrote: > > how can one prevent a user from...

Changing/Manipulating Legend range for a Pivot Chart in XL2010 vs XL2003 and below.
In previous versions of Excel (<=2003), upon creating a pivot table and chart to obtain a contour map, for example, one could manipulate the number of colors/contours (major/minor units) via double clicking in the legend on the Pivot Chart. One was then presented with a dialog/ option window that was somewhat similiar to the functionality of manipulating standard chart axes, i.e. one could manipulate/change major and minor units to achieve the desired number of contours. In Excel 2010, I am unable to find the/a way to acheive the same end. I have the contour chart (based on the pivot table...

Re: preventing distribution lists from printing
I work for a large corporation and I often get outlook mail with ver long distribution lists. Is there any way to prohibit these lenght list from printing so that I only get the message? Thank - buddy ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Posted via http://www.mcse.m ----------------------------------------------------------------------- View this thread: http://www.mcse.ms/message548641.htm ...

List box value returns the row number of the list box range row
Hi, I was hoping someone could help me figure out what I am doing wrong. I have a list box set up on a worksheet and I want the user to select a value from the list box, and then have that value entered into a cell when a button is clicked. When I run/step through the macro, it takes a value and places it into the appropriate cell. The problem is that the value which is placed in the cell is not the value from the listbox, but the row number of the value that was chosen. Using the below row numbers and values as an example; if I select value 7 from the list box, the val...

Count Vaules in a range that appear in another range
I have three ranges e.g. Range 1 Range 2 Range 3 Bread Apples Bread Apples Oranges Buns Oranges Pears Buns Bread Pears Apples I'm trying to construct a formula that counts the number of times, say, and entry in Range 3 appears in Range 1 - In this instance the answer would be 3. Hi, try =SUMPRODUCT(($A$2:$A$100=c2)+($A$2:$A$100=c3)) Being a2 to a100 range 1 and c2 and c3 products in range 3 "T Newbery" wrote: > I have three ranges e.g. > > Range 1 Range 2 Range 3 > Bread Appl...

Allocate Time to a Shift
I have one unit of time and three shifts covering a 24 hour span. The shifts can vary - for example shift 1 would be from 12 midnight to 8am, shift 2 from 8am to 4pm, and shift three from 4pm to 12 midnight. The next week the shifts might change to shift 1 -> 2pm - 10pm, shift 2 - > 10pm - 6am, and shift 3 -> 6am - 2pm. I'm trying to create a formula or worksheet function that would allocate a single unit of time into one of the three shifts while allowing the shifts to vary. For example, using the first scenario above if the unit of time was 1am the formula would retu...

Prevent calculation of fields in split view
Hi all! I have following problem: Most of my forms are displayed in split view, within some of them i am doing different calculations, displaying the calculated values in text boxes. Since some of those calculations are quite time-consuming, i dont want Access to calc. the values for _each_ record in the split-view (which it is doing right now). I want it to just calc the values for the record currently viewed, is there any way to do this? best regards, --Michael ...

Macro needed to Paste Values and prevent Macro operation #2
Sub Macro1() ' ' Dim myBk As Workbook Set myBk = Workbooks.Open(Application.GetOpenFilename(, , "Select the File")) Range("To_Database").Copy ThisWorkbook.Worksheets(1).Range("A65536").End(xlUp)(1).Offset(2, 1) myBk.Close False End Sub In the above macro I need to prevent macros operating in the External File when it opens. I also need the Named Range ("To_Database") from the External File to be copied into the file from which this macro operates as PasteValues. At the moment the Formula in the Named Range is coming across, so that I'm ...

Create a Crystal Report with Item Class and Account number
Hi, I want to create a Crystal Report with Item Class and Account number show at the report. How can I link the GL master table (GL00100) with Item master table (IV00101)? Please advise. Cheers, Emily If you look in IV00101 you will a number of columns with the word, index. You should go to Tools --> Resource Descriptions and view the table definition to see the field names. Once you have identified the fields, you will need to add GL00100 multiple times, depending upon how many IV00101 fields you want to link. For example, if you only needed the inventory and cost of goods so...

Exch2003 Delted Item Recovery
If I open additional mailboxes inside of outlook 2003, is there a way to get deleted item recovery to work on the other accounts? The only way I am able to choose deleted item recovery is if I'm logged in as that user that owns the mailbox - so in my scenario I can get to deleted item recovery for my account, but not any of the other ones I have opened. I have full mailbox access to those other mailboxes. Any ideas how to get this to work if it's even possible? Tom Mucha tom@ctcomp.com I don't believe it is possible...you need to be logged onto that specific mailbox... "...

Prevent Forwarding #2
Hi. I need to know how to make an email message unable to be forwarded to a third party. For example if I sent an email to John, John couldn't then forward that message to someone else. Thanks!! Shannon <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi. I need to know how to make an email message unable to > be forwarded to a third party. For example if I sent an > email to John, John couldn't then forward that message to > someone else. Can't be done, in general. -- Brian Tillman You'd need to use a service such as those listed at http://www.slipst...

Multiple Consolidation Ranges #2
I am consolidating 2 ranges per sheet and about 34 sheets. Having to go in and manually type in the page field for each range is very cumbersome and time consuming. Question 1 is there a way to assign Page Field Names besides typing them in manually. Question 2 is it possible to make the page field be the sheet name? ...

Prevent users from sending email?
Hi all - Objective: I would like to limit users from being able to send email to everyone in our organization. Problem: We do have an Everyone distribution list that I have configured to only accept messages from certain users. This is ok, but once the user is presented with the access denied message they just select all the users in their contact list or they select enough of the groups to have the entire organization covered and send the email that way. Putting company policies aside, is there a technology solution for this? Any ideas?? -Donnie Set the maximum number of reci...

Deleted Item Retention Not Working
We are running Exchange 2003 with Outlook 2003 clients - all up to date with patches and fixes. Outlook is running in cached mode. I just discovered that if I go to 'recover deleted items', it shows me every message I ever deleted since the server was installed. Keep deleted items is set to 7 days on the mailbox store. Mailbox manager runs regularly and seems to be working properly. Is there something set that would override this setting? It does not appear to apply to all users. I don't see anything relevant in recipient policies..... On Thu, 20 Oct 2005 13:19:03 -0...