Prevent Duplicate Receipt numbers in Bank Transactions

Is there a way to prevent a duplicate receipt number from being posted when
entering a Bank Transaction - Receipt?

--
TC
0

TC,

The receipt number is generated incrementally after Bank Rec has been setup.
Why are you getting duplicate receipt numbers? Duplicate how? Are you trying
to prevent a receipt for the same dollar amount from the same party? If this
is the case, there is little you can do to prevent this from a programatic
perspective. You will rather have to rely on old fashioned research and good
judgement by your Cash Management team.

Best regards,
--
MG.-
Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP

"TC" wrote:

> Is there a way to prevent a duplicate receipt number from being posted when
> entering a Bank Transaction - Receipt?
>

> --
> TC
0
MarianoGomez (3440)
9/19/2008 4:12:01 PM
Hi Mariano,

We are importing daily sales deposits for a number of thrift stores via
Integration Manager and we want ot make sure that they cannot import the same
receipts twice.  I currently have the integration set to give each deposit a
seperate receipt number.  I do not want the system to auto generate the
number due to being able to import the same deposit more than once.

I have explained to the person doing the integration that if a transaction
fails they will need to create a manual bank transaction (receipt) to get it
into the GP system.

--
TC

"Mariano Gomez" wrote:

> TC,
>
> The receipt number is generated incrementally after Bank Rec has been setup.
> Why are you getting duplicate receipt numbers? Duplicate how? Are you trying
> to prevent a receipt for the same dollar amount from the same party? If this
> is the case, there is little you can do to prevent this from a programatic
> perspective. You will rather have to rely on old fashioned research and good
> judgement by your Cash Management team.
>
> Best regards,
> --
> MG.-
> Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> Maximum Global Business, LLC
> http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
> The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblosgter.blogspot.com
>

> "TC" wrote:
>
> > Is there a way to prevent a duplicate receipt number from being posted when
> > entering a Bank Transaction - Receipt?
> >

> > --
> > TC
0
tc1 (130)
9/20/2008 2:47:00 AM
TC,

If the receipts are already imported, there is no way to get a duplicate
one. GP should error out trying to use the same receipt number.

Best regards,
--

"TC" wrote:

> Hi Mariano,
>
> We are importing daily sales deposits for a number of thrift stores via
> Integration Manager and we want ot make sure that they cannot import the same
> receipts twice.  I currently have the integration set to give each deposit a
> seperate receipt number.  I do not want the system to auto generate the
> number due to being able to import the same deposit more than once.
>
> I have explained to the person doing the integration that if a transaction
> fails they will need to create a manual bank transaction (receipt) to get it
> into the GP system.
>
> --
> TC
>

> "Mariano Gomez" wrote:
>
> > TC,
> >
> > The receipt number is generated incrementally after Bank Rec has been setup.
> > Why are you getting duplicate receipt numbers? Duplicate how? Are you trying
> > to prevent a receipt for the same dollar amount from the same party? If this
> > is the case, there is little you can do to prevent this from a programatic
> > perspective. You will rather have to rely on old fashioned research and good
> > judgement by your Cash Management team.
> >
> > Best regards,
> > --
> > MG.-
> > Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> > Maximum Global Business, LLC
> > http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
> > The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblosgter.blogspot.com
> >

> > "TC" wrote:
> >
> > > Is there a way to prevent a duplicate receipt number from being posted when
> > > entering a Bank Transaction - Receipt?
> > >

> > > --
> > > TC
0
MarianoGomez (3440)
9/22/2008 11:11:01 PM
I think what the problem is, is that if they are using the 'default' method
for filling the receipt number, then the specific transaction can be imported
multiple times because Dynamics will just create a new receipt number and
import it as many times as you hit the integrate button.

One way to solve the problem is with a little VB script in the integration
manager. You'd need to create a flag in the source file that IM could set if
the record was imported successfully, then filter your source to only include
the unflagged items.  I think the sample scripts that come with IM has an
example of the flag setting.  If not I know there are several of them
available on the blogs.  Search this newsgroup and you'll probably get
several hits.

Hope this helps!
--
Leslie Vail, CPA, MCT, MVP
MCBSP-Application for Microsoft Dynamics GP

"Mariano Gomez" wrote:

> TC,
>
> If the receipts are already imported, there is no way to get a duplicate
> one. GP should error out trying to use the same receipt number.
>
> Best regards,
> --
> MG.-
> Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> Maximum Global Business, LLC
> http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
> The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblosgter.blogspot.com
>

> "TC" wrote:
>
> > Hi Mariano,
> >
> > We are importing daily sales deposits for a number of thrift stores via
> > Integration Manager and we want ot make sure that they cannot import the same
> > receipts twice.  I currently have the integration set to give each deposit a
> > seperate receipt number.  I do not want the system to auto generate the
> > number due to being able to import the same deposit more than once.
> >
> > I have explained to the person doing the integration that if a transaction
> > fails they will need to create a manual bank transaction (receipt) to get it
> > into the GP system.
> >
> > --
> > TC
> >

> > "Mariano Gomez" wrote:
> >
> > > TC,
> > >
> > > The receipt number is generated incrementally after Bank Rec has been setup.
> > > Why are you getting duplicate receipt numbers? Duplicate how? Are you trying
> > > to prevent a receipt for the same dollar amount from the same party? If this
> > > is the case, there is little you can do to prevent this from a programatic
> > > perspective. You will rather have to rely on old fashioned research and good
> > > judgement by your Cash Management team.
> > >
> > > Best regards,
> > > --
> > > MG.-
> > > Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> > > Maximum Global Business, LLC
> > > http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
> > > The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblosgter.blogspot.com

Thanks Leslie.  I think that will work because even though I have created a
reciept number for each one of the receipts it still allowed them to be
imported in.  I will try the vb script and see how tht works.
--
TC

"Leslie Vail [MVP]" wrote:

> I think what the problem is, is that if they are using the 'default' method
> for filling the receipt number, then the specific transaction can be imported
> multiple times because Dynamics will just create a new receipt number and
> import it as many times as you hit the integrate button.
>
> One way to solve the problem is with a little VB script in the integration
> manager. You'd need to create a flag in the source file that IM could set if
> the record was imported successfully, then filter your source to only include
> the unflagged items.  I think the sample scripts that come with IM has an
> example of the flag setting.  If not I know there are several of them
> available on the blogs.  Search this newsgroup and you'll probably get
> several hits.
>
> Hope this helps!
> --
> Leslie Vail, CPA, MCT, MVP
> MCBSP-Application for Microsoft Dynamics GP
> MCBSP-Installation and Configuration for Microsoft Dynamics GP
>   cell: 972-814-8550
>   fax: 972-692-7472
>

> "Mariano Gomez" wrote:
>
> > TC,
> >
> > If the receipts are already imported, there is no way to get a duplicate
> > one. GP should error out trying to use the same receipt number.
> >
> > Best regards,
> > --
> > MG.-
> > Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> > Maximum Global Business, LLC
> > http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
> > The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblosgter.blogspot.com
> >

> > "TC" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi Mariano,
> > >
> > > We are importing daily sales deposits for a number of thrift stores via
> > > Integration Manager and we want ot make sure that they cannot import the same
> > > receipts twice.  I currently have the integration set to give each deposit a
> > > seperate receipt number.  I do not want the system to auto generate the
> > > number due to being able to import the same deposit more than once.
> > >
> > > I have explained to the person doing the integration that if a transaction
> > > fails they will need to create a manual bank transaction (receipt) to get it
> > > into the GP system.
> > >
> > > --
> > > TC

0
tc1 (130)

Input mask for formal source info (author, edition number etc.)
Instant Source Documentation (ISD) Scientific writing mainly rests upon citing secondary sources. The formally correct mention of a source used requires specific knowledge of citing conventions which are hard to retain and which have to be looked up again and again. (To get an idea of this go to: google - Taschenbuch Linguistik - sixth entry on the hitlist.) The solution might be a window which can be opened while writing: Cite from: book magazine newspaper internet other sources If one openes "newspaper", for example, an input mask appears that questions ...

Duplicate Entries #2
I'm a "casual" user of Excel 2002. I have a single-column spreadsheet containing about 900 entries, many of them duplicates. I've sorted the list alphabetically. Is there any good, automated procedure for eliminating duplicate entries, or is that strictly a long, boring manual process? Thanks very much for your help, JW. ASAP Utilities, which is a free add-in easily found by Googling "ASAP Utilities," makes this an easy job. After installing the add-in, highlight the range that includes your lists, and go to "ASAP Utilities/Information/Count Duplicat...

Prevent the sales from Tendering when another Item is Scan at POS
Hello, We have serveral items that our Retail does have price assign to them. The cashier will scan the next item. They will not notice the last item they did not enter a price. Now the 2nd item is the price for the 1st item. Then the cashier will tender out the sales without noticing they have an incorrect total for this transaction. Then the store manager have to performed a post void for this transaction, which hold up the customer awaiting to check out. Have anyone else encounter this and know a way to limited sale from being total out of an acceptable sales amount...

Outlook quietly sending 'not read receipts'
Several weeks ago I switched to 2003 from the earlier version. And then two days ago Outlook began sending masses of 'not read: (email subject line)' emails to many of my contacts including myself as I sometimes put myself in cc. The problem is that they HAD been all read! I do not usually open my incoming mail but use the preview pane. But usually this should suffice, shouldn't it?Also, I use Hotmail as my primary and single email account. I know that several of my contacts do not use read receipts but still they are being sent them! The 'not read' email contains no text, ...

Missing cash receipts distribution account
Recently the default cash account for a checkbook disappeared from the cash receipts distribution screen. After the cash receipt amount is entered, you can open the distributions screen and the A/R account (from the customer class) is there, but not the cash account. No changes to an individual customer, class or checkbook could make the cash line account field populate. I've run every reconcile and check links possble. Has anyone else seen this probelm? Make sure the customer and the class are set up to get the cash account from the checkbook and not from the customer. "...

outlook feature to prevent forgetting attachments
Often people forget to send attachments with emails. Very often they will write something along the lines of "I have attached the minutes from our meeting" and then forget to atcually attach a file. Is there a way therefore that outlook can check the text of an email for words like attach, attached, attachment and query the user before sending if there does not appear to be an attachment? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree"...

Number of days since a date
Hi folks, Is there a simple way to calculate in a cell the number of days *since* a date in a different cell? For example - Last used: [12/6/05] Days ago: [ 15] It seems so simple, but I can't get my head around Excel's treatment of dates. Thanks, Jim Put, in cell c2, the formula =a2-b2 where b2 is the later date. C2 will need to be formatted to number. Regards. Bill Ridgeway Computer Solutions "Jim M" <jim@deteste_vraiment.le.spam> wrote in message news:270620051216296712%jim@deteste_vraiment.le.spam... > Hi folks, > > Is there a simple way to...

97: How can I find duplicate entries in a column?
Hello and thanks in advance for any help. This is a very basic question from an even more basic user. I have a spread sheet with a long list of ID numbers for skips. Sometimes duplicate numbers arise from paper work from elsewhere and I get a false total of skips in hand. How can I organise that column to highlight a duplicate entry please? Shen --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Insert a helper column: =COUNTIF(A1:A9999,A1) (adjust the range to suit.) then the formulas that evaluate to more than 1 will be duplicated. Chip Pearson has some other techniques at: http://ww...

csv file drops zeros at beginning of a set of Numbers
I have programs that only import the csv format. When I create the file with a text field using number such as 0101, 0321 if I close and reopen the file it drops the zero. How do I correct this? Lisa Three ways 1) If all the 'numbers' are the same length (4 characters) then via Format>Cells...Number>Custom, type 0000 2) Pre-format the cells to text and it will retain the leading zeroes. 3) rename the file with no extension or a *.txt one and then when you open it Excel will invoke the import wizard, choose delimited, comma and then in the third stage of the wizard, mar...

SOP transactions not posted/posted???
Hi, I have a weird sort of Error in the SOP module of Great Plains version 7 (pervasive) The smart list shows an Invoice as unposted, but when go do to the Sales Transaction entry screen and enter the invoice number, a pop up displays a message that the inovoice number is posted??? i have tried to run check links, but it shows no errors... so how can this be resolved... thanks in advance Sajid Saeed ...

Receiving Duplicate Messages
Hi, I recently tried to set up Outlook Express on a 2nd computer. Since that time I am receiving duplicate messages from senders. How can I stop receiving dual messages? Thanks, Todd Have you configured this connection (presumably to a POP3 server) to "delete" messages on the server after download? If you, should to stop the duplicates. However, this in confict to have OE running on a second machine where presumably you want to have duplicate mails. That's what IMAP servers were invented for ... If you can use than protocol instead of POP3, then do so. Hope this i...

Duplicate data on combo box
I have a combo box on a form that is fed from a table where customer info is entered.. name address city state zip... The combo box is for the city field. However, if there is more than one customer from NEW YORK it is showing new york twice instead of once. How can I change that? Thanks "Karen" <Karen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9DA286B1-1A7A-40D3-849B-9E7634F0B705@microsoft.com... >I have a combo box on a form that is fed from a table where customer info >is > entered.. name address city state zip... The combo box is for the city > f...

Bank Statements
Hi, I need some help. I have been using Money 2004 and of course earlier versions as well. I reconcile my bank statements every month in money. The problem now is that I have to go back two years for old bank statements and I don't have them all in paper format any more. Does anyone know how to print you reconcilied bank statements from money? I have looked and can't seem to locate how to do this. Thanks, Debbie In microsoft.public.money, Debbie wrote: >I need some help. I have been using Money 2004 and of >course earlier versions as well. I reconcile my bank >stat...

preventing date from changing
I have an If condition that sets the date to "today()" true or "today() + 1" if false. My question is how do I prevent the date from changing? If the date is set for today, then tomorrow I don't want to "update". How can this be done? thanks You could copy the cell, and paste as values, before you close the file. (Edit>Paste Special, Values) Or, you could enter today's date in a cell in the row (Ctrl+; ), then refer to that cell in the formula. For example, instead of: =IF(A2="Local",TODAY(),TODAY()+1) enter: =IF(A2="Local...

duplicate entries needed
Anyone know if it's possible to enter two of the same market symbols? I have a regular mutual fund with a company and an IRA with the same company. I haven't been able to figure out how to enter both because Money won't allow a duplicate entry of symbols. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. See http://www.bollar.org/msmoney/#Q59. "mockalisj" <mockalisj@sc.rr.com> wrote in message news:2b4301c37476$3594e820$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Anyone know if it's possible to enter two of the same > market symbols? I have a regular mutual fund with a > c...

prevent user from deleting a tab prevent running macro from menu
how can one prevent a user from 1. deleting a specific tab in a workbook? 2. prevent a user from running a macro from the tools menu (where user can only run a macro from a command button)? thanks! #1. Protect the workbook's structure. In xl2003 menus: tools|protection|protect workbook|check structure #2. Make the sub private: Sub Testme() becomes Private Sub testme() This will stop the user from seeing that subroutine--but if they know the name, they can still type it and run it. joemeshuggah wrote: > > how can one prevent a user from...

Stock count of serial numbered items
I have recurring issues with serial-numbered items and stock count entry. For instance, in my stock count I have a serial-numbered item with a captured quantity of 1. My counted quantity is zero. Therefore, I should have a variance of -1. I go into the Stock Count Serial Number Entry window and change the Count Status to Not Found for my one serial number. When I click on OK, I get "The variance or counted quantity for this serial number does not equal the variance or counted quantity for the item - Continue, Override, Cancel". If I click on Override, I get "The calc...

Help for how to associate names to phone numbers
In an excel sheet I have built a small database with phone numbers in column A and names in column B. Below this database and in the column A, there are phone numbers without names on its contiguous B cells. I'm looking for a formula (to be written in these column B adjacent cells) that will show the names relative to those phone numbers, as stated on the database. Thanks in advance Jaime-Oviedo-Spain -- Saludos J.G.Benedet Take a look at HELP for LOOKUP -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software Granite Shoals, TX donaldb@281.com "Jaime" <jgoben@inetcom.es> wrote in message ...

Duplicate Table with unique Name
I am using Pervasive.SQL 2000 for a database and GP 6.0. I am trying to duplicate a table in dexterity. I duplicate the resource and give it a unique physical name. I then compile the dictionary and run the ddf generator. I then copy the table intot ehf older on the server and go to pervasive Control Center and the table does not show. Any suggestions as to what I am doing wrong? The table I am duplicatng is RM00103. I am trying to add a copy of the table from backup so that I can run a sql statement to update the existing table from the backup table. Thanks! ...

Limit the number of rows for a filter
I'm filtering data in two columns c5:c3 and d5:d31. It's essentially a managers name and language code. The idea is to filter stats for a particular team or language. I've got my formulas working properly, but I've got some totals in rows b33:i33 through b38:i38 that I want to remain in place when I filter. I've tried auto filters, but they kill all the data that I want to remain static. Is there any way I can filter these columns (I only know autofilter right now) but get it to only filter information through row 31 ? -- guilbj2 -----------------------------------...

remove spaces between numbers
I have about 8000 numbers (1 digit numbers) in four columns in MS Word. The numbers have spaces between them but I dont want the spaces. Is there an easy way to remove these spaces without having to do it by hand one by hand? Use the replace function - see http://www.gmayor.com/replace_using_wildcards.htm Won't this produce an 8000 digit number? -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <&g...

query relationship text --> Number 18,6 type mismatch
I need to pull a list of posted invoice with prepaid terms (sql below) using two tables and INNER JOIN [ARTrans] ON [InvoiceHeaderHistory].Invoice = [ARTrans].TRANS_NUMBER. [InvoiceHeaderHistory].Invoice is 18,6 Number [ARTrans].TRANS_NUMBER is text How can I overcome the yype mismatch? SELECT [InvoiceHeaderHistory].[CustID], [InvoiceHeaderHistory]. [CustNm], [InvoiceHeaderHistory].[Terms Desc] AS OPEN_T, [InvoiceHeaderHistory].[InvoiceDate], [ARTrans].balance FROM [InvoiceHeaderHistory] INNER JOIN [ARTrans] ON [InvoiceHeaderHistory].Invoice = [ARTrans].TRANS_NUMBER WHERE ((([...

Outlook is duplicating my emails?
Hi, I have outlook 2002, and it seems to duplicate all the emails that go to my Inbox. It duplicates them after they are download off the pop3 server. Please advise Akhil Do you have any rules that don't end in "Stop Processing" actions? "Akhil Gupta" <akhilstyle@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:076401c39fd6$af1c48b0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I have outlook 2002, and it seems to duplicate all the > emails that go to my Inbox. > > It duplicates them after they are download off the pop3 > server. ...

Phone, Fax, & other Numbers in CRM AND Change Management
Does anyone know of a way to force the format of phone number fields to be in a format like (123) 456-7890? Anyone aware of an automated means to track change management with CRM? For instance, can some logging be performed on CRM admins that document changes to fields or forms? Thanks, Nick You could validate the format of the phone number field using a regular expression in the onchange event (and perhaps the onsave event). About the change management, do you mean tracking data changes (logging/auditing) or customization changes? I remember there's a third party tool to do...

Duplicate the Account Entity
Hi. I am looking to create 4 more separate Account Entities in my CRM deployment. My first thought was to export the Account customizations, edit them in Visual Studio, then import them back into CRM. I’ve tried this a few times, but with no success. Is there any documentation that will tell me exactly which fields need to be changed in my XLM sheet? Is there a better way to do this? Thanks in advance for your help. Try creating a new entity and then import your customizations into it. This may be fast but not be the best way. I would take the time to plan out your new Entitie...