PowerUser role issue

Is it true if a 'PowerUser' role assigned, a user can do any thing in GP.
If that correct, why then i could not change other user access to different 
companies.
the companies checkbox list shows greyed out , do i miss anything?

Thanks 

0
Utf
1/21/2010 3:58:03 PM
greatplains 29623 articles. 3 followers. Follow

7 Replies
4446 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 5

Hi Alaa,
Before a user can access a company, he needs to be assigned to that 
company... In system security setup, this is the User Access form.
Once the user is checked against a company, you can assign a security role 
to it.  Giving access to a company triggers also a script in the background 
that tells your SQL server to create the necessary security credentials for 
that user... You normally need to login as 'SA' user to give access to a 
company, because of the security privileges required on the SQL server side.

The POWERUSER role superseeds all other roles from the system and thus gives 
you access to everything in GP. Be carefull when you assign this. However, 
you will probably soon discover that some default security roles in Dynamics 
GP have left out (non intentionally of course) some resources in the system, 
so you have to add them to existing tasks in the security or create your new 
ones.
Hope this helps

Have a great day,
Beat

-- 
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
B. Bucher
Dynamics GP 10 Sr. Sys Admin
www.fti-ibis.com
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

"Alaa Ramadan" <AlaaRamadan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:0C94A3C7-FA66-4E9F-BB8F-45C39AAC8794@microsoft.com...
> Is it true if a 'PowerUser' role assigned, a user can do any thing in GP.
> If that correct, why then i could not change other user access to 
> different
> companies.
> the companies checkbox list shows greyed out , do i miss anything?
>
> Thanks
> 


0
Beat
1/21/2010 4:34:10 PM
Thank you very much Beat for the detailed explaination, but my issue is 
beyond this,
I already login as SA and created a new user, then i assigned it an access 
to a company, and a poweruser role
my question when this user self login, why he could not change company 
access for other users specially if he is being super user.

Thanks again
Alaa


"Beat Bucher" wrote:

> Hi Alaa,
> Before a user can access a company, he needs to be assigned to that 
> company... In system security setup, this is the User Access form.
> Once the user is checked against a company, you can assign a security role 
> to it.  Giving access to a company triggers also a script in the background 
> that tells your SQL server to create the necessary security credentials for 
> that user... You normally need to login as 'SA' user to give access to a 
> company, because of the security privileges required on the SQL server side.
> 
> The POWERUSER role superseeds all other roles from the system and thus gives 
> you access to everything in GP. Be carefull when you assign this. However, 
> you will probably soon discover that some default security roles in Dynamics 
> GP have left out (non intentionally of course) some resources in the system, 
> so you have to add them to existing tasks in the security or create your new 
> ones.
> Hope this helps
> 
> Have a great day,
> Beat
> 
> -- 
> +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
> B. Bucher
> Dynamics GP 10 Sr. Sys Admin
> www.fti-ibis.com
> +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
> 
> "Alaa Ramadan" <AlaaRamadan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:0C94A3C7-FA66-4E9F-BB8F-45C39AAC8794@microsoft.com...
> > Is it true if a 'PowerUser' role assigned, a user can do any thing in GP.
> > If that correct, why then i could not change other user access to 
> > different
> > companies.
> > the companies checkbox list shows greyed out , do i miss anything?
> >
> > Thanks
> > 
> 
> 
> .
> 
0
Utf
1/21/2010 7:45:01 PM
Only sa can change security.  A poweruser can do everything in Dynamics 
except security.

"Alaa Ramadan" wrote:

> 
> Thank you very much Beat for the detailed explaination, but my issue is 
> beyond this,
> I already login as SA and created a new user, then i assigned it an access 
> to a company, and a poweruser role
> my question when this user self login, why he could not change company 
> access for other users specially if he is being super user.
> 
> Thanks again
> Alaa
> 
> 
> "Beat Bucher" wrote:
> 
> > Hi Alaa,
> > Before a user can access a company, he needs to be assigned to that 
> > company... In system security setup, this is the User Access form.
> > Once the user is checked against a company, you can assign a security role 
> > to it.  Giving access to a company triggers also a script in the background 
> > that tells your SQL server to create the necessary security credentials for 
> > that user... You normally need to login as 'SA' user to give access to a 
> > company, because of the security privileges required on the SQL server side.
> > 
> > The POWERUSER role superseeds all other roles from the system and thus gives 
> > you access to everything in GP. Be carefull when you assign this. However, 
> > you will probably soon discover that some default security roles in Dynamics 
> > GP have left out (non intentionally of course) some resources in the system, 
> > so you have to add them to existing tasks in the security or create your new 
> > ones.
> > Hope this helps
> > 
> > Have a great day,
> > Beat
> > 
> > -- 
> > +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
> > B. Bucher
> > Dynamics GP 10 Sr. Sys Admin
> > www.fti-ibis.com
> > +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
> > 
> > "Alaa Ramadan" <AlaaRamadan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> > news:0C94A3C7-FA66-4E9F-BB8F-45C39AAC8794@microsoft.com...
> > > Is it true if a 'PowerUser' role assigned, a user can do any thing in GP.
> > > If that correct, why then i could not change other user access to 
> > > different
> > > companies.
> > > the companies checkbox list shows greyed out , do i miss anything?
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > > 
> > 
> > 
> > .
> > 
0
Utf
1/21/2010 9:38:01 PM
Hi Alaa,

The previous threads from our peers are both correct.  If you'd like a 
specific GP User the ability to grant other users access to a company in GP 
(limited to 'sa' only), then you have to ask your SQL admin to grant that GP 
user sysadmin server role in the SQL instance where your GP system is 
hosted.  This is NOT a 'BEST PRACTICE' but will address your primary 
concern.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

Dennis Araullo, MACS
Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist GP,CRM,AX
MCITP Installation and Configuration AX 2009
MCITP Database Administrator SQL 2008
Citrix Certified Enterprise Administrator

"inin" <inin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:B764C8B0-8386-4E34-8124-C0742B3E1619@microsoft.com...
> Only sa can change security.  A poweruser can do everything in Dynamics
> except security.
>
> "Alaa Ramadan" wrote:
>
>>
>> Thank you very much Beat for the detailed explaination, but my issue is
>> beyond this,
>> I already login as SA and created a new user, then i assigned it an 
>> access
>> to a company, and a poweruser role
>> my question when this user self login, why he could not change company
>> access for other users specially if he is being super user.
>>
>> Thanks again
>> Alaa
>>
>>
>> "Beat Bucher" wrote:
>>
>> > Hi Alaa,
>> > Before a user can access a company, he needs to be assigned to that
>> > company... In system security setup, this is the User Access form.
>> > Once the user is checked against a company, you can assign a security 
>> > role
>> > to it.  Giving access to a company triggers also a script in the 
>> > background
>> > that tells your SQL server to create the necessary security credentials 
>> > for
>> > that user... You normally need to login as 'SA' user to give access to 
>> > a
>> > company, because of the security privileges required on the SQL server 
>> > side.
>> >
>> > The POWERUSER role superseeds all other roles from the system and thus 
>> > gives
>> > you access to everything in GP. Be carefull when you assign this. 
>> > However,
>> > you will probably soon discover that some default security roles in 
>> > Dynamics
>> > GP have left out (non intentionally of course) some resources in the 
>> > system,
>> > so you have to add them to existing tasks in the security or create 
>> > your new
>> > ones.
>> > Hope this helps
>> >
>> > Have a great day,
>> > Beat
>> >
>> > -- 
>> > +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
>> > B. Bucher
>> > Dynamics GP 10 Sr. Sys Admin
>> > www.fti-ibis.com
>> > +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
>> >
>> > "Alaa Ramadan" <AlaaRamadan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > news:0C94A3C7-FA66-4E9F-BB8F-45C39AAC8794@microsoft.com...
>> > > Is it true if a 'PowerUser' role assigned, a user can do any thing in 
>> > > GP.
>> > > If that correct, why then i could not change other user access to
>> > > different
>> > > companies.
>> > > the companies checkbox list shows greyed out , do i miss anything?
>> > >
>> > > Thanks
>> > >
>> >
>> >
>> > .
>> > 

0
Dencio
1/21/2010 11:00:51 PM
Hi Alaa,
As Dencio pointed it earlier, the 'sa' user has by default (like DYNSA) the 
sysadmin role in the SQL server security, and this is required to create new 
users and assign securities in the server... A POWERUSER is by no means a 
'power user' in SQL server.. :-) only in GP.
If you know that your other users that you give the PU role will not do 
anything else then managing Dynamics users, then there is no problem of 
placing them in the sysadmin role in SQL.
I spent a lot of time with the GP 10 security, so feel free to ask back if 
you anything else.
Beat

-- 
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
B. Bucher
Dynamics GP 10 Sr. Sys Admin
www.fti-ibis.com
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

"Alaa Ramadan" <AlaaRamadan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:17B667E4-C0F5-40D0-90F1-C55B6F518AAC@microsoft.com...
>
> Thank you very much Beat for the detailed explaination, but my issue is
> beyond this,
> I already login as SA and created a new user, then i assigned it an access
> to a company, and a poweruser role
> my question when this user self login, why he could not change company
> access for other users specially if he is being super user.
>
> Thanks again
> Alaa
>
>
> "Beat Bucher" wrote:
>
>> Hi Alaa,
>> Before a user can access a company, he needs to be assigned to that
>> company... In system security setup, this is the User Access form.
>> Once the user is checked against a company, you can assign a security 
>> role
>> to it.  Giving access to a company triggers also a script in the 
>> background
>> that tells your SQL server to create the necessary security credentials 
>> for
>> that user... You normally need to login as 'SA' user to give access to a
>> company, because of the security privileges required on the SQL server 
>> side.
>>
>> The POWERUSER role superseeds all other roles from the system and thus 
>> gives
>> you access to everything in GP. Be carefull when you assign this. 
>> However,
>> you will probably soon discover that some default security roles in 
>> Dynamics
>> GP have left out (non intentionally of course) some resources in the 
>> system,
>> so you have to add them to existing tasks in the security or create your 
>> new
>> ones.
>> Hope this helps
>>
>> Have a great day,
>> Beat
>>
>> -- 
>> +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
>> B. Bucher
>> Dynamics GP 10 Sr. Sys Admin
>> www.fti-ibis.com
>> +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
>>
>> "Alaa Ramadan" <AlaaRamadan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:0C94A3C7-FA66-4E9F-BB8F-45C39AAC8794@microsoft.com...
>> > Is it true if a 'PowerUser' role assigned, a user can do any thing in 
>> > GP.
>> > If that correct, why then i could not change other user access to
>> > different
>> > companies.
>> > the companies checkbox list shows greyed out , do i miss anything?
>> >
>> > Thanks
>> >
>>
>>
>> .
>> 


0
Beat
1/22/2010 12:11:32 AM
That makes sense, I just realyzed that after i granted that user sysadmin 
role in sql, security features became avaialble 

"Dencio" wrote:

> Hi Alaa,
> 
> The previous threads from our peers are both correct.  If you'd like a 
> specific GP User the ability to grant other users access to a company in GP 
> (limited to 'sa' only), then you have to ask your SQL admin to grant that GP 
> user sysadmin server role in the SQL instance where your GP system is 
> hosted.  This is NOT a 'BEST PRACTICE' but will address your primary 
> concern.
> 
> Hope this helps!
> 
> Cheers,
> 
> Dennis Araullo, MACS
> Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist GP,CRM,AX
> MCITP Installation and Configuration AX 2009
> MCITP Database Administrator SQL 2008
> Citrix Certified Enterprise Administrator
> 
> "inin" <inin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:B764C8B0-8386-4E34-8124-C0742B3E1619@microsoft.com...
> > Only sa can change security.  A poweruser can do everything in Dynamics
> > except security.
> >
> > "Alaa Ramadan" wrote:
> >
> >>
> >> Thank you very much Beat for the detailed explaination, but my issue is
> >> beyond this,
> >> I already login as SA and created a new user, then i assigned it an 
> >> access
> >> to a company, and a poweruser role
> >> my question when this user self login, why he could not change company
> >> access for other users specially if he is being super user.
> >>
> >> Thanks again
> >> Alaa
> >>
> >>
> >> "Beat Bucher" wrote:
> >>
> >> > Hi Alaa,
> >> > Before a user can access a company, he needs to be assigned to that
> >> > company... In system security setup, this is the User Access form.
> >> > Once the user is checked against a company, you can assign a security 
> >> > role
> >> > to it.  Giving access to a company triggers also a script in the 
> >> > background
> >> > that tells your SQL server to create the necessary security credentials 
> >> > for
> >> > that user... You normally need to login as 'SA' user to give access to 
> >> > a
> >> > company, because of the security privileges required on the SQL server 
> >> > side.
> >> >
> >> > The POWERUSER role superseeds all other roles from the system and thus 
> >> > gives
> >> > you access to everything in GP. Be carefull when you assign this. 
> >> > However,
> >> > you will probably soon discover that some default security roles in 
> >> > Dynamics
> >> > GP have left out (non intentionally of course) some resources in the 
> >> > system,
> >> > so you have to add them to existing tasks in the security or create 
> >> > your new
> >> > ones.
> >> > Hope this helps
> >> >
> >> > Have a great day,
> >> > Beat
> >> >
> >> > -- 
> >> > +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
> >> > B. Bucher
> >> > Dynamics GP 10 Sr. Sys Admin
> >> > www.fti-ibis.com
> >> > +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
> >> >
> >> > "Alaa Ramadan" <AlaaRamadan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> > news:0C94A3C7-FA66-4E9F-BB8F-45C39AAC8794@microsoft.com...
> >> > > Is it true if a 'PowerUser' role assigned, a user can do any thing in 
> >> > > GP.
> >> > > If that correct, why then i could not change other user access to
> >> > > different
> >> > > companies.
> >> > > the companies checkbox list shows greyed out , do i miss anything?
> >> > >
> >> > > Thanks
> >> > >
> >> >
> >> >
> >> > .
> >> > 
> 
0
Utf
1/22/2010 4:56:15 AM
Just adding on small piece to this.
Although I can't say I have found this in any documentation.

I was informed by our MS Dynamics GP partner that the DYNAMICS, and all 
company
databases should have OWNER as DYNSA.  This essentially makes DYNSA have 
full rights as well - DYNSA would be DBO or the owner as mentioned.

All are welcome to comment on this if your view differs.

"Beat Bucher" wrote:

> Hi Alaa,
> As Dencio pointed it earlier, the 'sa' user has by default (like DYNSA) the 
> sysadmin role in the SQL server security, and this is required to create new 
> users and assign securities in the server... A POWERUSER is by no means a 
> 'power user' in SQL server.. :-) only in GP.
> If you know that your other users that you give the PU role will not do 
> anything else then managing Dynamics users, then there is no problem of 
> placing them in the sysadmin role in SQL.
> I spent a lot of time with the GP 10 security, so feel free to ask back if 
> you anything else.
> Beat
> 
> -- 
> +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
> B. Bucher
> Dynamics GP 10 Sr. Sys Admin
> www.fti-ibis.com
> +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
> 
> "Alaa Ramadan" <AlaaRamadan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:17B667E4-C0F5-40D0-90F1-C55B6F518AAC@microsoft.com...
> >
> > Thank you very much Beat for the detailed explaination, but my issue is
> > beyond this,
> > I already login as SA and created a new user, then i assigned it an access
> > to a company, and a poweruser role
> > my question when this user self login, why he could not change company
> > access for other users specially if he is being super user.
> >
> > Thanks again
> > Alaa
> >
> >
> > "Beat Bucher" wrote:
> >
> >> Hi Alaa,
> >> Before a user can access a company, he needs to be assigned to that
> >> company... In system security setup, this is the User Access form.
> >> Once the user is checked against a company, you can assign a security 
> >> role
> >> to it.  Giving access to a company triggers also a script in the 
> >> background
> >> that tells your SQL server to create the necessary security credentials 
> >> for
> >> that user... You normally need to login as 'SA' user to give access to a
> >> company, because of the security privileges required on the SQL server 
> >> side.
> >>
> >> The POWERUSER role superseeds all other roles from the system and thus 
> >> gives
> >> you access to everything in GP. Be carefull when you assign this. 
> >> However,
> >> you will probably soon discover that some default security roles in 
> >> Dynamics
> >> GP have left out (non intentionally of course) some resources in the 
> >> system,
> >> so you have to add them to existing tasks in the security or create your 
> >> new
> >> ones.
> >> Hope this helps
> >>
> >> Have a great day,
> >> Beat
> >>
> >> -- 
> >> +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
> >> B. Bucher
> >> Dynamics GP 10 Sr. Sys Admin
> >> www.fti-ibis.com
> >> +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
> >>
> >> "Alaa Ramadan" <AlaaRamadan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> news:0C94A3C7-FA66-4E9F-BB8F-45C39AAC8794@microsoft.com...
> >> > Is it true if a 'PowerUser' role assigned, a user can do any thing in 
> >> > GP.
> >> > If that correct, why then i could not change other user access to
> >> > different
> >> > companies.
> >> > the companies checkbox list shows greyed out , do i miss anything?
> >> >
> >> > Thanks
> >> >
> >>
> >>
> >> .
> >> 
> 
> 
> .
> 
0
Utf
1/22/2010 9:24:04 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Apology
klj -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

PowerUser role issue
Is it true if a 'PowerUser' role assigned, a user can do any thing in GP. If that correct, why then i could not change other user access to different companies. the companies checkbox list shows greyed out , do i miss anything? Thanks Hi Alaa, Before a user can access a company, he needs to be assigned to that company... In system security setup, this is the User Access form. Once the user is checked against a company, you can assign a security role to it. Giving access to a company triggers also a script in the background that tells your SQL server to create the n...

Issues with E2K Smarthosts.
Hi Everyone, We currently have two servers, on seperate networks in seperate domains, both running Exchange in a single routing group. Mail has (up until now), always flowed between the two servers via local LAN connections. What we now want to do is, in preperation for removing Exchange from the first domain, is to have all mail forwarded to our Mail Marshal server, which is in our DMZ To do this, I added a "smart host" on the properties tab of the default SMTP Virtual server on the second domain. Now, external email from that domain flows via the Mail Marshal server, but mail de...

Security Roles question
Hi there! I ' m having a problem finding the meaning of defining the access level "User" in the "Create" priviledge. What does this mean? How does this affect the security roles? Thanks, Elena It means the Create privilege applies only to records owned by the user (access level = scope) Peter "SiEBEN Innovative Solutions" <newsgroup@sieben.gr> wrote in message news:uFC0RXILEHA.988@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hi there! > I ' m having a problem finding the meaning of defining the access level > "User" in the "Create" p...

Send from "role" email
So, we just transitioned from an ISP hosted email to Exchange 2003 SP2. The office manager always used "info@company.com" for sending and receiving emails. Now we have her set up with her own name for login and emails/Mailbox... and also have her receiving the inbound emails that are addressed to "info@company.com". Seems to be working inbound just fine... except if we try to send emails changing the "From" herID to "info@company.com" -- it will not send emails. I think she'll want to continue using this "role" email for most corresp...

issues in print preview
Hi... i have an application using CTreeview and CDocument based classes. This application is not doc/view and does not use any Doc templates as such. I'm instantiating the CTreeview based class manually and connecting it to the CDocument based class. Everything works fine except for a few things in Print Preview. When i press the Next Page button, the Previous page button doesnt get enabled and When i Zoom-in, Zoom-out is not enabled. I'm sure this is a message routing problem because the same code works in a doc/view based app. Need an insight into the problem. Regards, Gowh...

BU and Role updates impacting system availability
I am having the same issue as the one below. The udpate is on a second day. Is there anyway to halt the updates and run them on the weekend when users aren't hitting the system? Is there anyway to speed up the updates overnight? Thanks Scott ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- Yeah, I have a client with over 300k Accounts & Contacts and simple role changes take 8+ hours to propogate. When you create a BU, you're actually creating a bunch of roles along with it and I suspect it isn't smart enough to try to combine the updates...

Image Issue with Word Office link from report
I'm Rather confused on why when i do a word office link from a report, that it decides to leave of the Image, Which is the company logo? the report looks great other wise? any suggestion why? the picture is a embedded type. Are you saying you're exporting a report from Access to Word? You're not actually creating a Word document when you do that: you're creating an RTF document. While RTF can include images, the format to which Access exports doesn't allow them. You could try exporting to a Snapshot (a .snp file) or to a PDF file. You could also check out what Ste...

Validation Issue
I have a excel spreadsheet that was deployed to EVERYONE in my company and 1 person is having issues using the validation in it. Cells are restricted to input from 1 to 5. She types a 1 and BAM.. Error. not valid input.. place the same doc on a share and i open it. and look at that i can enter 1 through 5 with no issue. Have been banging my head on the wall for weeks.. Ran office updates and everything. Currently using office 2002 Pro. Also rebuilt validation rule and still giving issues. Anyone have this same issue? If so please send me a response ASAP at the following email. callen@ohc-llc...

transport carrier issue
I have been having a devil of a time with certain mail that gets 'hung' The ISP says not their problem, the Host Server says no issues wit them, and so far, MS info hasn't helped. I have noticed that while mail works without issue 95%+ of the time, i seems to particularly hang when a certain e-mail address is on th distribution, and the domain name is a little hokey, but real. The domain destination is @mail.giga.com Could the 'dot' in the domain name be the culprit? The error message is one of the following "No transport provider........" or "TCP/IP c...

calendar issues with column headings #7
I have users that display multipe calendars at once. We are using OL 2003 with Exchange server 2003. When they have 5 or more calendars open, the column heading gets truncated. This is not a problem except that the column header is being center justified instead of left justified. When this happens, the name of the calendar becomes unreadable due to the names being similar in the middle of the calendar name. I found a setting in the views to change this for email column headers, but not for calendars. In OL2007, the calendar column heading is left justified. Is there an easy way to chan...

Web Client and Track in CRM issues
One of our clients is having problems with his CRM web client. Every time he clicks on an opportunity it takes about seventy seconds for the page to load. The other users run about four to six seconds for the page to load. We thought the traffic for port 80 was high so we changed the port in IIS to 5555 hoping that would speed up the issue. Well everything works the same except that now in the Outlook client they click on “Track in CRM” and it takes about ten seconds to change to “View in CRM” when before it was almost instant. I tried re-installing the outlook client hoping it would ch...

pop3 and delivery issue
Hi, We have a number of mailboxes for our domain (xyz.com) held at our ISP. We some of these are downloaded by our pop3 connector whereas other mailboxes are downloaded at other offices (which are not linked back to our office). The problem is if in the main office they want to send mail to another office (i.e. to remoteoffice@xyz.com) the exchange server tries to deliver if locally and it fails. Basically I wondered if there was a way to get just these addresses forwarded to the ISP so the remote offices can them pop3 them down? The only solution I can think of is to register another domain...

I can recover the administrator role
Hello Its Posible recover the administrator role without reinstall all aplication ???? Help please.... You should be able to by manually populating the RolePrivileges table with the appropriate GUIDs. It will take some effort & research though to get the proper values. "Alex M." <soporte70@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OBJEgAbnDHA.2140@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... Hello Its Posible recover the administrator role without reinstall all aplication ???? Help please.... Why is it that so many people delete the admin role? I know I did the first time through. They n...

Issue trying to connect to database
When I try to connect to my RMS database using RMS Administrator, I got the following message: Cannot open user default database. Login failed. This happens using any computer on my network, even the server where this database was installed. The same issue happens when I try to make a backup. I also tried to open database in SQL enterprise manager and got the following message: --------------------------------------- A connection could not be established to (local). Rason: Cannot open user default database. Login failed. Please verify SQL Server is running and check your SQL...

Outlook 2003
I have my Outlook configured to Autocorrect first letter of new line to capitalize word automatically. When I create "New" mail - it will not capitalize the first word of the sentence. However, if I am "replying" to a received message - then the capitaliziation corrects automatically. Why? What editor are you using and what mail format is your default? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outloo...

Sync Issues
Dear All My email acount configures in Outlook is exchange and I find that my outlok has a foloder(Sync Issues) and subfolder(Conflicts,Local Failures, Server Failurs). I'd like to know what they are and what they do. By the way the folder in my outlook has several emails which displays the following contect: 8:18:26 Synchronizer Version 11.0.5604 8:18:26 Synchronizing Mailbox 'fff' 8:18:26 Synchronizing Hierarchy 8:25:00 Synchronizing local changes in folder '��ɾ���ʼ�' 8:25:00 Uploading to server 'exch02.sogservice.com.cn' 8:25:00 Error synchronizing message...

sync issues folder
hi, i am traing to remove from my outlook 2003 the sync issues folder. (i know it is on the server) how can i do that ? i used one time the cash mode but not any more. thankes hlitvak! Try OWA. If that doesn't work, you could try an Exchange 4.0 or 5.0 client, if you can find a copy. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "hlitvak" <hlitvak@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:170B2EEB-6F6C-4469-9680-3142E0B1F6C3@microsoft.com... > hi, i am traing to remove from my outlook 2003 the sync issues folder. ...

Missing role assignments
Hello, I have a reporting services Home page with several folders. The security on a few of the folders is managed independently (not inherited from Home). Recently when I add new user (domain\username) to a role on the Home page or any of the independantly secured folders the user is recorded and visible initially. If I exit and return in a few minutes the user is still there. If I exit and return in 15 minutes the user entry is gone. In one folder I have users that are not granted permission to browse the home folder. Any ideas on why this is happening? Do I need to syncroni...

info re. extension activation issues
(This may already have been posted in other threads. I'm using the MS Web interface to the NG which makes looking at new posts almost impossible.) Prior info posted about using Extend.EXE to extend a non-expired installation omitted one critical detail: that only works, apparently, for Essentials (MEss). So, the recommended plan--of the moment, keep watching this space--is to get your keys prior to June 30 but only use them when you expire and the app asks you. Supposedly then the keys will successfully extend Deluxe and higher. Yes, this means you will have to buy the keys now and...

Norton issues
Is anyone at either MS or Symantec working on the known conflicts with Norton AV? I was a Norton fan for years but since hearing about the issues I'm uninstalled it and now run AVG. -- JoAnn Paules - MVP Microsoft Publisher On 14 Apr 2004 15:48, "JL Paules" <JL_Amerson@hotmail.com> wrote: >Is anyone at either MS or Symantec working on the known conflicts with >Norton AV? I was a Norton fan for years but since hearing about the >issues I'm uninstalled it and now run AVG. Yes, Norton and MS are working together on these issues. However, I think it was a...

HELP ON CALENDAR ISSUES
Appreciated sirs. I need to share a user defined calendar between Outlook 2007 and Outlook 2003, is that possible? We use Exchange Server. Thanks in advance. RSLou On 17 nov, 22:20, lourobertost...@gmail.com wrote: > Appreciated sirs. > I need to share a user defined calendar between Outlook 2007 and > Outlook 2003, is that possible? > We use Exchange Server. > > Thanks in advance. > > RSLou No one can answer this question? Please help. <lourobertosteve@gmail.com> wrote in message news:cd8e3e1f-cf62-4a67-b7b5-117bdfa399d6@o4g2000pra.googlegroups.com... >...

MAPI Issue
As in a previous post "Mapi email problem" I too have been using the MAPI email client through Outlook Express without issue under XP. However, while the same program runs Vista, it returns an error number 48389 (which I can't find any where) when it tries to email. It appears that the "Mail" app in Vista is not compatible with MAPI server for Outlook express. Question, if I switch to CDO and bypass the Outlook Express app entirely, will it then run under Vista? X. ...

Email Connectivity Issue Outlook to/from Jumpline
I am using Outlook as a front-end email client to my Jumpline ISP and am getting error messages 0x80042108 and 0x80042109 "Outlook is unable to connect to outgoing SMTP e-mail server" and "Incoming POP3 e-mail server". Although it looks like a timeout issue, I have extended the time as an Outlook option. Jumpline tells me that the client needs to connect, check for receiving mail and then send mail in that order. Has any one had this difficulty, and how did you overcome it, as to Outlook settings, etc. Thank you very much. Pete Henry ...

Replication Issue
My distribution server failed. Because of that my publishing database log file will not shrink because it is waiting to push out the transactions. I re-set up the distributer, all linked servers and logins. I still get the error below when I try to drop or do anything that matter to make replicxation work. Any Suggestions? Msg 18482, Level 14, State 1, Line 1 Could not connect to server 'Distributer' because 'TPublisher' is not defined as a remote server. Verify that you have specified the correct server name. . ...