Posting to gl20000 table

I am running a Java application but using GP for accounting. Our current
version of GP does not have eConnect installed. I would like to post entries
into the gl20000 table from Java. I hesitate from using a direct sql INSERT
statement into gl20000  from Java. What would be the best approach? Are there
layers that I should be using (i.e. eConnect?). Or is it safe to do a direct
sql
INSERT into gl20000 (the proper triggers and procedures are called)?

Any feedback or help links would be greatly appreciated.

0
Isster (1)

Entries in GL20000 also update other tables (account totals, etc)  Your best
option is to import into the work table and create a batch header.  Then use
GP to post the batch.  Our book Infommation Flow & Posting has listings
showing which tables are updated with what data when entries are created
and/or posted.

--
Richard L. Whaley
Author / Consultant / MVP

http://www.AccoladePublications.com

"Isster" wrote:

> I am running a Java application but using GP for accounting. Our current
> version of GP does not have eConnect installed. I would like to post entries
> into the gl20000 table from Java. I hesitate from using a direct sql INSERT
> statement into gl20000  from Java. What would be the best approach? Are there
> layers that I should be using (i.e. eConnect?). Or is it safe to do a direct
> sql
> INSERT into gl20000 (the proper triggers and procedures are called)?
>
> Any feedback or help links would be greatly appreciated.

0
info4071 (3004)

Open to Blank Pivot Table Data (Excel 2007)
I am wanting a user to open a file to a blank pivot table that has all of the columns and rows defined, but they have to refresh the table for data to appear. In PivotTable options I have: * unchecked to save source data w/ the file * set the number of records to retain per field as none However, when someone opens the file I send them it is still showing data. However, if I try to interact w/ the data I get an error the table was saved w/o underlying data so I will have to do a refresh. Therefore, my previous two settings seem to be working right except for it retaining a sn...

Posting old bills
I am setting up Money 2006 to tract income and expenses for a rental property, but I need to back date it to 1/1/2007. How do I enter bills and deposits made in the past? Thanks Go to the account register and enter the manually. Just click on the next blank transaction and go to town. You may want to make sure you are using Advanced Register. If there are subsequent transactions already in these accounts and you have balanced the accounts to statements--as though these transactions were already entered--then you will have to adjust account beginning balances and/or Account Adjustment...

* OWA... (Third Post)
Microsoft? If you're concerned about security then you should respond to this question. We cannot make this OWA server available on the Internet without applying the latest SP and critical updates. =========================== Our OWA Exchange 5.5 server (Windows NT Server) recently died and we replaced it with a Windows 2000 Server. We installed Exchange 5.5 OWA then applied Exchange SP4. Everything was working until we apply Windows 2000 SP4. Everytime we logon we get "OWA was unable to get to your inbox" error. As soon as we un-installed Windows 2000 SP4, OWA wo...

To the sender of the MI5 posts
I am not sure if you read responses or (like most other spammers) just see the web as a place where you are free to say whatever you want without fear of contradiction. Who knows? Either way - this section of this site is site is specifically here so that anyone with a comment, question, point to rise, etc regarding access databases can post with the knowledge that other likeminded people may read their post. It is not here as a general forum to discuss other matters. I have no doubt that if you are blocked from posting you will see this as yet another indication that MI5 is after yo...

What's the difference between Cross-posting and Multi-posting
And thanks for the discussion earlier... although the rudeness was unneeded. Sign me, A New User (and learning from you all) rochgal, you wrote on Thu, 22 Sep 2005 14:53:03 -0700: > What's the difference between Cross-posting and Multi-posting Cross-posting = You send one posting to several newsgroups. Multi-posting = You send several postings (with the same content) to several newsgroups. -- Best Regards Christian Goeller Some misspellings, grammatical or linguistical mistakes found? All corrections would be appreciated! ...

Post to GL
Hello I am having a problem with a setting within Great Plains 8.0 service pack 2. I have posting setup to only allow posting from the batch level for Inventory. But when you go into Inventory Batches the check box for post to gl is not marked. If I have it setup in posting to post to the gl shouldn't this check box be marked in inventory batches? -- Thanks, Brian Apples and oranges. The post to GL checkbox on the inventory batch window tells the system whether an IV transaction will post at all. The posting settings in tools --> setup --> posting tell the system w...

New Tables & Queries Force me to Save As
I just took over a DB from the former developer. I go to "Create query in Design View" or "Create table in Design View". Do anything or nothing. I try to close. It prompts me for a Save As, and won't let me close until I give it a name and finish the Save As. PITA. I can't build a temp query without having to save it. Then I have to go and delete it. And if the query has a syntax error, the Save As fails. I have to make the temp query valid, do the Save, then delete. PITA. Does anybody know what setting she changed that is forcing a Save As? Thanks, Chris Ar...

Intrastat posting issue
We are a UK company using intrastat. At the moment we cannot post invoices directly (thru) to the General ledger because we are getting an error saying that the 'intratsat information is missing'. When we click on an invoice that won't post in the Sales Transaction Entry screen, and click on the blue EC flag box, all the intrastat data is there and correct. Then when we post it goes through to the GL correctly. It seems that it will only post to the GL if every single line is checked (via the Blue EC flag) on the sales invoice regardless of the fact that all the date is alr...

Delete Table row with first cell not empty
Hi, I need a macro to do the following: I have a table like this, starting in row 6. ] ] A B C D E 6] 1 N N N 7] 2 N N N N 8] 3 N N N N 9] 4 10]5 11] 12] 13] etc. 100] Rows 11 to 100 are empty. I want to select area A1:E100 and delete all content from table rows A9:E9 and A10:E10, because these table rows have empty cells from columns B through to E. The rows are marked by an ID number as in numbers 1 to 5 above. When cells in columns B to E are found to be empty, the content of the table row, including the row ID, must be deleted. Note, this is not deleting t...

Word table of Contents automatically linked to Excel?
Hi I am wondering if this is possible: I have a word document that contains a TOC (table of contents). Is it possible to automatically import the TOC into excel? I have tried embeding the document but it imports the entire document, i only need the TOC. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks :) How about selecting the TOC, copy, right+click a cell, paste (or use a Paste Special option)? HTH |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 11/9/06 7:03 PM, in article uvzG0uFBHHA.4472@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl, "Sydney" <sydneygal25@yahoo.com> wrote: > Hi > > I am wonderin...

Access 2002 bug: "dynamic" forms problem
There was no respond to my original post in microsoft.public.access.forms (May 5th 2007) about a fortnight so I try it here... ��������������������������������� A while ago we had a discussion about A2002 (sub)form which changes dynamically from code (hide/unhide controls, change subfom's width, etc.). There's a problem if I make some changes in code when the form is open: if I save changes, A2002 saves controls positions & subform's size as well. This is a BIG A2002 BUG and it's really annoying. Why Access forms don't behave as Visual Basic forms? I don't want Acc...

where is my post??
twice now I have typed up my post & sent it. So where is it? On Wed, 18 Jul 2007 08:41:36 -0700, Stapes <steve.staple@gmail.com> wrote: >twice now I have typed up my post & sent it. So where is it? On Google Groups: 1184773041.958329.270430@e16g2000pri.googlegroups.com Google's been having some problems lately, maybe it's temporarily unavailable. John W. Vinson [MVP] You mean the multiple posts with subject "Cancel = true"? I see 3 of them, and Allen Browne's already provided an answer. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I...

More understanding on linking table and make a grid query
Hello, I learnt from this forum that relationship of the query does not have to be the same as relation of the table. Can anyone explain to me more, whether all the table we have should setup relationship one to the others?. I found it that like the gender table for example, when I make relationship with the member table would stop my combo box. So neither relate it nor we put it on query would even better and my combo works. I need more explanation from all the experts in this forum. -- H. Frank Situmorang On Mon, 14 Jan 2008 22:34:00 -0800, Frank Situmorang <hfsitumo2001@yahoo...

My post not posted!
A couple of times when I've posted a reply to a recent post (same day), and later tried to view it, I found the header with a line drawn through it, and the following in the message body view pane: Message is no longer available on the server Windows Live Mail is unable to retrieve the requested message because the server no longer has the message available. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- News servers regularly expire articles as they get older to make space available for newer articles. IMAP servers can be accessed by multip...

count of records in a table in external database
Hi, I would like to get the record count of a table in an external database (using the name of the table in the loop of the current database). What I've tried (doesn't work): SourceDbCount = DCount("*", "[GOOD_DATA_SAR_Recovery_Tracking_db.mdb].[" & rs!Name & "]") The procedure (**** is where the problem line is): ------------------------------ Public Sub AppendTableRecords() Dim strSelectAllTables As String strSelectAllTables = "SELECT NAME FROM MSysObjects WHERE Type=1 AND Name not like 'MSys%';"...

Tables #3
Does anyone know what the ESI_Location_XREF table is or what product it is associated with? Sue, The ESI_Location_XREF table (ESI Location Cross-Reference, dbo.ESI40300) is a part of vSync's EDI for Dynamics -- the SOP portion. You can find more information about vSync's products at http://www.vsync.com Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com "Sue" wrote: > Does anyone know what the ESI_Location_XREF table is or what p...

Cannot send newsgroup post with an attachment
I can send and receive posts using Outlook Express 6 newsgroups. I do not use html. When I send a post that has an attachment, e.g. a 160kB jpg that post never shows up as having been sent. How can I fix this? regards, "nobody" I can't speak for others, but msnews has a 100KB limit. If I have a need to post a graphic, I upload it to TinyPic and post the link to it. TinyPic: http://tinypic.com/ -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "news.microsoft.com" <nobody@nowhere.com> wrote in message ...

Data Table #3
I am not sure I understand what I want here. The name of the item is Data Table. My customer wants the following info to be completed: Rate 3% Investment ? 2,000,000 Interest ? 60,000 ? 60,000 3.00% In here I would like to see Interest amt for 3.50% the interest variables on the first columns. 4.00% 4.50% 5.00% 5.50% Thanks again Ann Ann, you need to use the "data table" option from the Excel menu. Your spreadhseet is structured perfectly. I assume that the cell to the right of "Interest" is a formaula to calculate interest. The cell to the upper right of y...

Pivot Table Total
I have a pivot table that pulls data from 2 places. One is a list of categories and the est. cost amount. The second is a pivot table that tracks the cost of each category as the job goes on. The new pivot table lists the categories then has two columns with the est. price and the actual. Is there a way to have the Grand Total subtract the actual from the est. amount instead of adding them? Thanks Chance ...

Editing Sales Rep in a Posted Transaction
Does anyone know if there is a way to recall a transacrion just to change the associated sales rep? Hello Scarpa, You cannot change a transaction that has happened via the system's interface. You could modify the database using SQL or Access or a number of other tools... however that may not be the right thing to do. One of my clients was having this happen quite often... for example John sold it but it was rung up under Peter... so we created a return reason code for wrong sales rep... the cashier basically recalls the transaction for return.... picks the reason code and then eit...

How to add SY03900 table in the Sales Report?
Dynamics GP Sales Order line item descriptions are limited to 100 characters only. Our company needs more than that and we decided to enter it in the Item Notes field. We are not using the Line Item Notes field when we create quotations as we have other usage for that as well. My question is, how do I add and print the Item Notes field in the customized Quotation Form when I can't seem to add table SY03900 in the report itself? Please help! Hi Derf, Since you have mentioned that you want to show the Item Notes in Customized Quotation Form, I assume that you are working on a 3rd ...

Why my posting are not posted!
I am not sure why sometimes my postings are not posted! do you know why? Perhaps because you are using Microsoft's unreliable web interface to the newsgroup? Better to access the newsgroup directly, using a newsreader. -- David Biddulph "LABKHAND" <LABKHAND@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:635CB4A1-C4C9-4A80-AB93-3C8601E3F0DD@microsoft.com... >I am not sure why sometimes my postings are not posted! do you know why? "LABKHAND" <LABKHAND@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am not sure why sometimes my postings are...

Prior year posting 2 years
Client has 2009 open and all previous years closed. They want to post transactions to 2007. GP by default does not allow that. Is there a work around? Rich, There is no way to do this in GP out of the box. If they absolutely must post to 2007, the option I would recommend is to have the MBS Professional Services team open the 2008 year for your client, which will allow them to post to 2007, since that will now be the last closed year. Once done, the client would close 2008 again. Professional Services only does this as a consulting engagement and the cost will depend on a number of...

pivot charts/tables
Using the same data source, how do I create a pivot table and pivot chart on the same worksheet. Hi please don't multipost. See your other post -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany pfc wrote: > Using the same data source, how do I create a pivot table > and pivot chart on the same worksheet. ...

Pivot-table
Hi, I recently installed Excel 2007 and have encountered a major problem that is seriously affecting my work. When I open a pivot-table form from Access it now opens automatically with Excel 2007 as opposed to Excel 2003 (as before). This in itself wouldn't be a problem except that when I update the pivot-table and save a copy I cannot access the saved copy before I close the pivot-table. The saved copy then won't let me open it because it has errors. It may be related to the warning Excel 2007 gives when trying to save as xls instead of xlsx. This problem is made worse by...