Posting to a closed period (year in the past)

At the beginning of the year, I  started using a new company in GP.  I
entered my 12/31/06 balances as a 1/1/07 journal entry.   Now I want to back
up and enter the 12/31/05 balances, THEN close the end of year for 12/31/05.
Also, I want to go back and enter the monthly balances for 06, then close
2006 end of year.
I also plan to remove the 1.1.07 journal entry that we put in to get the
company started for this year.  I know how to use integration manager to
import the records,  but where I previously entered end of year balances for
05, it shows it as a historical year, and treats it as closed.  Is there a
way to "re-open" 2005, add my data, THEN close end of year?
All comments appreciated.
Thank You
JRoberts
0
JRoberts1 (8)

J,

In GP you can only post to the LAST historical year.  So if 2005 AND 2006
are both already created in your company and are both historical years, then
you would need to pay MBS Professional services to reopen 2006 for you, then
you can post anything you need to for 2005.  Your GP Partner should be able
to help you get more details and pricing information for this from MBS
Professional Services.

Hope that helps.

--
Victoria Yudin
Dynamics GP MVP

"JRoberts" <JRoberts@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> At the beginning of the year, I  started using a new company in GP.  I
> entered my 12/31/06 balances as a 1/1/07 journal entry.   Now I want to
> back
> up and enter the 12/31/05 balances, THEN close the end of year for
> 12/31/05.
> Also, I want to go back and enter the monthly balances for 06, then close
> 2006 end of year.
> I also plan to remove the 1.1.07 journal entry that we put in to get the
> company started for this year.  I know how to use integration manager to
> import the records,  but where I previously entered end of year balances
> for
> 05, it shows it as a historical year, and treats it as closed.  Is there a
> way to "re-open" 2005, add my data, THEN close end of year?
> All comments appreciated.
> Thank You
> JRoberts

0
victoria (3340)

Posting old bills
I am setting up Money 2006 to tract income and expenses for a rental property, but I need to back date it to 1/1/2007. How do I enter bills and deposits made in the past? Thanks Go to the account register and enter the manually. Just click on the next blank transaction and go to town. You may want to make sure you are using Advanced Register. If there are subsequent transactions already in these accounts and you have balanced the accounts to statements--as though these transactions were already entered--then you will have to adjust account beginning balances and/or Account Adjustment...

Copy and Paste a formula as Values in a fixed Range as a loop statement using VBA
I have 3 work sheets i.e. a "Summary" sheet, a "Phase1" and a "Phase2" sheet The Phase1 and Phase2 sheets are a result of certain parameters that are entered separately for each of the Phases that produces the results in them. All the 3 sheets have fixed ranges and they are A2:AC151, the dates are within the range C3:AC150 for each Phase. All the 3 sheets have the same structure something like this A B C D E SAP NO CostCenter Dec-03 Jan-04 Feb-04 422100 DTF-Office 60,000 186,000 174,000 422140 DTF-Office 40,000 124,000 116,000...

* OWA... (Third Post)
Microsoft? If you're concerned about security then you should respond to this question. We cannot make this OWA server available on the Internet without applying the latest SP and critical updates. =========================== Our OWA Exchange 5.5 server (Windows NT Server) recently died and we replaced it with a Windows 2000 Server. We installed Exchange 5.5 OWA then applied Exchange SP4. Everything was working until we apply Windows 2000 SP4. Everytime we logon we get "OWA was unable to get to your inbox" error. As soon as we un-installed Windows 2000 SP4, OWA wo...

To the sender of the MI5 posts
I am not sure if you read responses or (like most other spammers) just see the web as a place where you are free to say whatever you want without fear of contradiction. Who knows? Either way - this section of this site is site is specifically here so that anyone with a comment, question, point to rise, etc regarding access databases can post with the knowledge that other likeminded people may read their post. It is not here as a general forum to discuss other matters. I have no doubt that if you are blocked from posting you will see this as yet another indication that MI5 is after yo...

What's the difference between Cross-posting and Multi-posting
And thanks for the discussion earlier... although the rudeness was unneeded. Sign me, A New User (and learning from you all) rochgal, you wrote on Thu, 22 Sep 2005 14:53:03 -0700: > What's the difference between Cross-posting and Multi-posting Cross-posting = You send one posting to several newsgroups. Multi-posting = You send several postings (with the same content) to several newsgroups. -- Best Regards Christian Goeller Some misspellings, grammatical or linguistical mistakes found? All corrections would be appreciated! ...

appear values of two periods insted of one
Dear All There is any possibility to have in a cylinder chart type the values above the cylinder i.e for period 2003 and above this titles to bring in a brackets only the values of another period 2002 for example. But to have only the bars of 2003? I am using excel xp version thanks in advance manos Hi manos, The simple way to do this is to store the required data label text in a cell and then link the labels to those cells. Use Rob Bovey's free addin to make linking labels to cells easier. http://www.appspro.com/Utilities/ChartLabeler.htm manos wrote: > Dear All > > ...

Post to GL
Hello I am having a problem with a setting within Great Plains 8.0 service pack 2. I have posting setup to only allow posting from the batch level for Inventory. But when you go into Inventory Batches the check box for post to gl is not marked. If I have it setup in posting to post to the gl shouldn't this check box be marked in inventory batches? -- Thanks, Brian Apples and oranges. The post to GL checkbox on the inventory batch window tells the system whether an IV transaction will post at all. The posting settings in tools --> setup --> posting tell the system w...

How to assign Sate and Local Tax payments to the previous year?
I cannot assign state & local tax payments to the previous year. I can assign Federal tax payments to the previous year. When entering a federal tax payment I get a box that asks me what year the tax payment should be assigned to. I can also right click on the payment in the account and I get an option to assign to a specific tax year. None of these options are available when the subcategory Sate and Local taxes is selected. This seems very odd. Any help is appreciated. In microsoft.public.money, sjmnyc wrote: >I cannot assign state & local tax payments to the previous y...

Cannot close data file in Outlook 2003
I have recently come up with a problem that means that I cannot close a PST file in Outlook 2003. I get the message "The operation failed. An object could not be found". These are archive files. Well, one file that now appears twice. I have tried creating a new main PST folder and using that. I have tried to move, rename and generally hide the offending archive.PST folder. Nothing works. Nor can I get at the "Advanced" properties of the archive. If I log on to Windows as a different user and then open outlook using the same main mailbox.PST file, I do not see these &q...

Intrastat posting issue
We are a UK company using intrastat. At the moment we cannot post invoices directly (thru) to the General ledger because we are getting an error saying that the 'intratsat information is missing'. When we click on an invoice that won't post in the Sales Transaction Entry screen, and click on the blue EC flag box, all the intrastat data is there and correct. Then when we post it goes through to the GL correctly. It seems that it will only post to the GL if every single line is checked (via the Blue EC flag) on the sales invoice regardless of the fact that all the date is alr...

Access 2002 bug: "dynamic" forms problem
There was no respond to my original post in microsoft.public.access.forms (May 5th 2007) about a fortnight so I try it here... ��������������������������������� A while ago we had a discussion about A2002 (sub)form which changes dynamically from code (hide/unhide controls, change subfom's width, etc.). There's a problem if I make some changes in code when the form is open: if I save changes, A2002 saves controls positions & subform's size as well. This is a BIG A2002 BUG and it's really annoying. Why Access forms don't behave as Visual Basic forms? I don't want Acc...

Charts in closed groups shrinking
Having a wierd problem with charts - pie charts specifically - I've included in collapsible groups in a spreadsheet I use to do analysis. Hoping someone here can help. Basically I'm finding that if I size a pie chart that's in a collapsible group (row group), collapse that group, save the XLS, then uncollapse the group the pie chart is approximately half its size. If I do it again the chart is half again its original size. Does anyone know what's going on? Is there a way to make sure Excel preserves set chart sizes? I can't find any setting around this, and its annoyi...

where is my post??
twice now I have typed up my post & sent it. So where is it? On Wed, 18 Jul 2007 08:41:36 -0700, Stapes <steve.staple@gmail.com> wrote: >twice now I have typed up my post & sent it. So where is it? On Google Groups: 1184773041.958329.270430@e16g2000pri.googlegroups.com Google's been having some problems lately, maybe it's temporarily unavailable. John W. Vinson [MVP] You mean the multiple posts with subject "Cancel = true"? I see 3 of them, and Allen Browne's already provided an answer. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I...

Sending email closes out Word
Whenever I send an email, it automatically close out my Microsoft Word. Any suggestions? ...

My post not posted!
A couple of times when I've posted a reply to a recent post (same day), and later tried to view it, I found the header with a line drawn through it, and the following in the message body view pane: Message is no longer available on the server Windows Live Mail is unable to retrieve the requested message because the server no longer has the message available. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- News servers regularly expire articles as they get older to make space available for newer articles. IMAP servers can be accessed by multip...

Cannot send newsgroup post with an attachment
I can send and receive posts using Outlook Express 6 newsgroups. I do not use html. When I send a post that has an attachment, e.g. a 160kB jpg that post never shows up as having been sent. How can I fix this? regards, "nobody" I can't speak for others, but msnews has a 100KB limit. If I have a need to post a graphic, I upload it to TinyPic and post the link to it. TinyPic: http://tinypic.com/ -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "news.microsoft.com" <nobody@nowhere.com> wrote in message ...

chart in one cell showing data for past year
How do I make a small graph that fits in one cell and visually shows the past year's data. Is there an automated way to do it besides manually making the graph and shrinking it down? SVA Here's a link to a post on making chart in a cell. http://processtrends.com/pg_charts_chart_in_cell.htm My download has a VBA procedures to size cells and to make chart and place chart in a single cell. Size of chart depends on size of cell. Kelly O'Day koday**at**processtrends**dot*com "SVA" <SVA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:721D862A-C8B0-4466-A2B8...

Editing Sales Rep in a Posted Transaction
Does anyone know if there is a way to recall a transacrion just to change the associated sales rep? Hello Scarpa, You cannot change a transaction that has happened via the system's interface. You could modify the database using SQL or Access or a number of other tools... however that may not be the right thing to do. One of my clients was having this happen quite often... for example John sold it but it was rung up under Peter... so we created a return reason code for wrong sales rep... the cashier basically recalls the transaction for return.... picks the reason code and then eit...

Incorrect Prior Year Balance
I created a year-end adjusting entry in a prior year, however I was unaware that the Maintain History checkboxes for Account and Transactions in G/L Setup were unchecked. I have a correct beginning balance in the currrent year, but an incorrect ending balance in the prior year since the transaction does not show up. How can I get that entry into the old year without affecting the new year balance? I have since marked the Maintain History checkboxes in G/L Setup. My guess is to recreate and post the entry into the prior year, then create a reversing entry in the current year. Is there a...

How do you extract day/time/month/year information
Hello, I came across this issue, where I have a exported excel file. With the information in a field "Friday 02:15:00 March 2009". I need these information extracted. I only require Month/Year. I need to end up with a field with only "March 2009". Is there a formula for this? Thanks for your help. Try this: =MID(A1,FIND(" ",A1,FIND(":",A1,FIND(":",A1)+1))+1,20) best wishes -- Bernard Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme "SV" <SV@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messag...

Why my posting are not posted!
I am not sure why sometimes my postings are not posted! do you know why? Perhaps because you are using Microsoft's unreliable web interface to the newsgroup? Better to access the newsgroup directly, using a newsreader. -- David Biddulph "LABKHAND" <LABKHAND@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:635CB4A1-C4C9-4A80-AB93-3C8601E3F0DD@microsoft.com... >I am not sure why sometimes my postings are not posted! do you know why? "LABKHAND" <LABKHAND@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am not sure why sometimes my postings are...

Year End Closing Procidures
Hi, I have GP 10,SP4 and SQL 2005. What are the steps i have to take for Year end clsoing procidures. Please give me the link is there any articale available step by step. Rgs Saf Victoria Yudin has some great resources and links on her blog. Take a look at: http://victoriayudin.com/2008/11/14/year-end-close-in-dynamics-gp/ Leslei "saifu" wrote: > Hi, > > I have GP 10,SP4 and SQL 2005. What are the steps i have to take for Year > end clsoing procidures. Please give me the link is there any articale > available step by step. > ...

Prior year posting 2 years
Client has 2009 open and all previous years closed. They want to post transactions to 2007. GP by default does not allow that. Is there a work around? Rich, There is no way to do this in GP out of the box. If they absolutely must post to 2007, the option I would recommend is to have the MBS Professional Services team open the 2008 year for your client, which will allow them to post to 2007, since that will now be the last closed year. Once done, the client would close 2008 again. Professional Services only does this as a consulting engagement and the cost will depend on a number of...

Transactions Lost Posting to GL
We've been using Great Plains (Dynamics V9) since 9/01/06, and are having some serious problems when posting to GL. In one case, one payment of two vouchers was lost going from A/P to GL. We only print about 30 checks a week, so at the end of the month when we posted to GL and noticed the discrepancy, it was relatively easy to track down the payment that was lost. The Accounting firm that helped with the installation was of no help. Their solution was to create a journal entry, which of course brough GL up to date, but didn't solve the problem. Now this month, we're about $8,000 of...

Microsoft Money has encountered a problem and needs to close #2
I'm using Money 2000 Deluxe, Canadian version on a Dell Laptop running XP. It was running fine, but I now can't load up my money file because the above error appears. Here's more info: AppName: msmoney.exe AppVer: 8.0.14.1001 ModName: taxutil.dll ModVer: 8.0.14.1001 Offset: 0000206f Any advice? Have a look at http://money.mvps.org/faq/errors.aspx -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. For wishes or suggestions see http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp or for UK wishe...