Posting Setup #3

I am new to MS Dynamics GP and I am facing problems in setting up
posting Accounts for Inventory. I want to know implications of each
posting account requirements. I have gone through the user manual
provided along with the product but couldn't find it.
Thanks for your time

0
itspathik (2)

First, you should check out www.accoladespublications.com for their books on
this topic.

Do you need assistance with every field?
--
Charles Allen, MVP

"pathik shah" wrote:

> I am new to MS Dynamics GP and I am facing problems in setting up
> posting Accounts for Inventory. I want to know implications of each
> posting account requirements. I have gone through the user manual
> provided along with the product but couldn't find it.
> Thanks for your time

0
callen (2505)
7/29/2006 10:59:01 PM
Thanks for your help. Yes I want to understand each field as posting
will happen accordingly.

Charles Allen wrote:
> First, you should check out www.accoladespublications.com for their books on
> this topic.
>
> Do you need assistance with every field?
> --
> Charles Allen, MVP
>

> "pathik shah" wrote:
>
> > I am new to MS Dynamics GP and I am facing problems in setting up
> > posting Accounts for Inventory. I want to know implications of each
> > posting account requirements. I have gone through the user manual
> > provided along with the product but couldn't find it.
> > Thanks for your time

0
itspathik (2)

How Can I show 3 different lines in one chart?
I've created 3 different line charts and am trying to combine them all into one chart with a different color for each line. Each line designates a different type of customer service. I can't figure out how to do it? Can anybody help? -- B''''''''''''''''s mom Hi, Select one of your existing charts. Right click and pick Source Data from the popup menu. On the Series tab use the Add button to add another series to the chart. Then go to the Values box and define the range for the data. Repeat for the 3rd series. ...

Posting old bills
I am setting up Money 2006 to tract income and expenses for a rental property, but I need to back date it to 1/1/2007. How do I enter bills and deposits made in the past? Thanks Go to the account register and enter the manually. Just click on the next blank transaction and go to town. You may want to make sure you are using Advanced Register. If there are subsequent transactions already in these accounts and you have balanced the accounts to statements--as though these transactions were already entered--then you will have to adjust account beginning balances and/or Account Adjustment...

URL type string field 'hack' in 3.0 possible?
Hi all, Our client had a requirement in 1.2 to have a field of type URL that would bring up a Windows Explorer window when clicked. For example, the URL field would contain the string "file:///C:\Customers". When doubled click it would display an Explorer window with the folder location to C:\Customers in a new window. When trying to duplicate this in 3.0, there is a pop up that displays, "Invalid protocol. Only HTTP and HTTPS are allowed in this field". I've tried searching all CRM specific javascript files in the file system to see if there is an occurrence to thi...

* OWA... (Third Post)
Microsoft? If you're concerned about security then you should respond to this question. We cannot make this OWA server available on the Internet without applying the latest SP and critical updates. =========================== Our OWA Exchange 5.5 server (Windows NT Server) recently died and we replaced it with a Windows 2000 Server. We installed Exchange 5.5 OWA then applied Exchange SP4. Everything was working until we apply Windows 2000 SP4. Everytime we logon we get "OWA was unable to get to your inbox" error. As soon as we un-installed Windows 2000 SP4, OWA wo...

WSUS 3.0 on SQL 2005 and SBS 2003 R2
Hello all, did some searching on a new situation but did not find specific info... SBS 2003 R2 Premium, ISA installed 2 NICs all patched up... Original installation did not include WSUS 2.0 , we now want to install WSUS 3.0 on the SBS Server but want it to be on SQL Server 2005. How do I create an instance in SQL to prepare it for WSUS 3.0 installation? I also need the DB to be placed on another Drive/Partition if possible. Thanks, Dan "Daniel Jewel" <cyberdudeiq@yahoo.com.br> wrote in message news:eLeT#pYsKHA.4360@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hello...

To the sender of the MI5 posts
I am not sure if you read responses or (like most other spammers) just see the web as a place where you are free to say whatever you want without fear of contradiction. Who knows? Either way - this section of this site is site is specifically here so that anyone with a comment, question, point to rise, etc regarding access databases can post with the knowledge that other likeminded people may read their post. It is not here as a general forum to discuss other matters. I have no doubt that if you are blocked from posting you will see this as yet another indication that MI5 is after yo...

hyperlink problem #3
hello, I am wondering, when using the hyperlink formula, is there a way to open a file in a folder regardless of the filename extension. I have file names with these extensions in a folder 000340011.tif 000340012.dgn I am writing a series of hyperlinks and would just like to use the general 000340011 number and have it open regardless of the file name extension. This is what i am currently using =HYPERLINK($E$1 & A1 & ".tif","Click to Open") (A1 in this example is 000340011) I would like to just drag down the hyperlinks, however, this only works if the file ...

Missing mail after VPN Outlook setup
Hi. Last week we setup VPN to be able to read mail from home (no OWA). After installing Outlook at home and connecting to the exchange server, and syncronizing the data I got all mail/contacts etc on my home computers Outlook. BUT, when I got to work the day after, my Outlook on the work computer was empty, no mails or nothing. Looking in the Exchange server at the mailaccount I can se that it contains over 1000 emails so they seem to still exist on the server. What could this be? Is there som configuration needed? Did you configure the home computer to deliver mail to a personal folde...

What's the difference between Cross-posting and Multi-posting
And thanks for the discussion earlier... although the rudeness was unneeded. Sign me, A New User (and learning from you all) rochgal, you wrote on Thu, 22 Sep 2005 14:53:03 -0700: > What's the difference between Cross-posting and Multi-posting Cross-posting = You send one posting to several newsgroups. Multi-posting = You send several postings (with the same content) to several newsgroups. -- Best Regards Christian Goeller Some misspellings, grammatical or linguistical mistakes found? All corrections would be appreciated! ...

Post to GL
Hello I am having a problem with a setting within Great Plains 8.0 service pack 2. I have posting setup to only allow posting from the batch level for Inventory. But when you go into Inventory Batches the check box for post to gl is not marked. If I have it setup in posting to post to the gl shouldn't this check box be marked in inventory batches? -- Thanks, Brian Apples and oranges. The post to GL checkbox on the inventory batch window tells the system whether an IV transaction will post at all. The posting settings in tools --> setup --> posting tell the system w...

"Settings" and KB unavailable when Outlook is running (CRM 3.0)
Does anyone else find it rather ridiculous that the options available in the CRM 3.0 web client completely change when Outlook is running? Evidently this is "by design" but was a very poor design choice in my opinion. Users like to have a consistent experience, and when options start disappearing it confuses people. It also makes it very difficult to build a Knowledge Base and set up users, considering most people will probably be copying and pasting text from email messages to build the KB. The way it's set up now, you would have to find the email message you want, co...

Access 2002 bug: "dynamic" forms problem
There was no respond to my original post in microsoft.public.access.forms (May 5th 2007) about a fortnight so I try it here... ��������������������������������� A while ago we had a discussion about A2002 (sub)form which changes dynamically from code (hide/unhide controls, change subfom's width, etc.). There's a problem if I make some changes in code when the form is open: if I save changes, A2002 saves controls positions & subform's size as well. This is a BIG A2002 BUG and it's really annoying. Why Access forms don't behave as Visual Basic forms? I don't want Acc...

Is this Possible #3
I have 2 calculatedfields within a pivot table one is a Count of som values, the other a Sum of some values. Is it possible to create a third field using these 2 values in some wa ie adding them, multiplying them etc etc, if so how !!!, cos no matte how I try I can't seem to get this workingas excel doesn't seem to lik Calculated values being built from other Calculated values !!!!! Any help would be wonderful ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com Not s...

Intrastat posting issue
We are a UK company using intrastat. At the moment we cannot post invoices directly (thru) to the General ledger because we are getting an error saying that the 'intratsat information is missing'. When we click on an invoice that won't post in the Sales Transaction Entry screen, and click on the blue EC flag box, all the intrastat data is there and correct. Then when we post it goes through to the GL correctly. It seems that it will only post to the GL if every single line is checked (via the Blue EC flag) on the sales invoice regardless of the fact that all the date is alr...

where is my post??
twice now I have typed up my post & sent it. So where is it? On Wed, 18 Jul 2007 08:41:36 -0700, Stapes <steve.staple@gmail.com> wrote: >twice now I have typed up my post & sent it. So where is it? On Google Groups: 1184773041.958329.270430@e16g2000pri.googlegroups.com Google's been having some problems lately, maybe it's temporarily unavailable. John W. Vinson [MVP] You mean the multiple posts with subject "Cancel = true"? I see 3 of them, and Allen Browne's already provided an answer. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I...

10% Coupon setup
Is there a way to take 10% off from the total transaction by simply scanning a barcode that acts as a 10% coupon. Alternately can we create a macro that can be assigned to custom buttons that automatically deduct 10% from the total transaction? I know that we can do this by pressing SHIFT+F3 and then manually enter the % amount. Thx for any help. MOI, Click on the link http://tinyurl.com/9g7tc Must have access to CustomerSource -- = "MOI" <MOI@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AD169C57-78A5-4D5D-BCA6-A2ABD9B0F77E@microsoft.com... > Is there a way...

My post not posted!
A couple of times when I've posted a reply to a recent post (same day), and later tried to view it, I found the header with a line drawn through it, and the following in the message body view pane: Message is no longer available on the server Windows Live Mail is unable to retrieve the requested message because the server no longer has the message available. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- News servers regularly expire articles as they get older to make space available for newer articles. IMAP servers can be accessed by multip...

Cannot send newsgroup post with an attachment
I can send and receive posts using Outlook Express 6 newsgroups. I do not use html. When I send a post that has an attachment, e.g. a 160kB jpg that post never shows up as having been sent. How can I fix this? regards, "nobody" I can't speak for others, but msnews has a 100KB limit. If I have a need to post a graphic, I upload it to TinyPic and post the link to it. TinyPic: http://tinypic.com/ -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "news.microsoft.com" <nobody@nowhere.com> wrote in message ...

Tables #3
Does anyone know what the ESI_Location_XREF table is or what product it is associated with? Sue, The ESI_Location_XREF table (ESI Location Cross-Reference, dbo.ESI40300) is a part of vSync's EDI for Dynamics -- the SOP portion. You can find more information about vSync's products at http://www.vsync.com Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com "Sue" wrote: > Does anyone know what the ESI_Location_XREF table is or what p...

Data Table #3
I am not sure I understand what I want here. The name of the item is Data Table. My customer wants the following info to be completed: Rate 3% Investment ? 2,000,000 Interest ? 60,000 ? 60,000 3.00% In here I would like to see Interest amt for 3.50% the interest variables on the first columns. 4.00% 4.50% 5.00% 5.50% Thanks again Ann Ann, you need to use the "data table" option from the Excel menu. Your spreadhseet is structured perfectly. I assume that the cell to the right of "Interest" is a formaula to calculate interest. The cell to the upper right of y...

crm 3.0: The format of the emailaddress is invalid, please change
Hi, When i try to enter an email address in crm that has more than 3 letters in its top level domain (com, be, eu, info, coop), i get the following alert when i save the record: The format of the emailaddress is invalid, please change it. The info domain is an existing domain so it should be allowed. What can i do about this bug. Regards, Phill As i understand, the crm email fields are validated on change & not onsave. Can you check if there's any custom script that validates this field in the onsave event? "Cypress" wrote: > Hi, > > When i try to enter...

Editing Sales Rep in a Posted Transaction
Does anyone know if there is a way to recall a transacrion just to change the associated sales rep? Hello Scarpa, You cannot change a transaction that has happened via the system's interface. You could modify the database using SQL or Access or a number of other tools... however that may not be the right thing to do. One of my clients was having this happen quite often... for example John sold it but it was rung up under Peter... so we created a return reason code for wrong sales rep... the cashier basically recalls the transaction for return.... picks the reason code and then eit...

OWA and GAL #3
I am installing a brand new instance of Exchange 2003 and OWA. I am using a front-end/back-end topology. I can send and receive mail using OWA. Yesterday I created mailboxes for all my users. However, the address book in OWA is blank, as is the Global Address List in Exchange System Manager. What's going on? OWA in current versions of Exchange do not provide a "browsable" address-book/GAL as Microsoft Outlook does. You can implement this with 3rd party utilities like MessageWare PlusPack. -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedi...

Why my posting are not posted!
I am not sure why sometimes my postings are not posted! do you know why? Perhaps because you are using Microsoft's unreliable web interface to the newsgroup? Better to access the newsgroup directly, using a newsreader. -- David Biddulph "LABKHAND" <LABKHAND@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:635CB4A1-C4C9-4A80-AB93-3C8601E3F0DD@microsoft.com... >I am not sure why sometimes my postings are not posted! do you know why? "LABKHAND" <LABKHAND@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am not sure why sometimes my postings are...

RMS 1.3 export to GP 9.0?
Has the GP add-in to import the journal files from RMS 1.3 been released yet? All I can find is the add-in for GP 8.0. I'm not looking for the heavy duty HQ import plug-in, just the GL journals (no inventory control or PO management). Thanks ...