Posting Sales Batch Sending Itemized Transactions to GL

We are having an issue with one cash account where when posting a sales batch
sends itemized transaction totals to the GL instead of a total amount for the
batch.  It was working fine up until a few days ago and I'm not sure if
anything changed.  Everyone I ask says they didn't do anything.

Does anyone know how to make the transaction totals for the batch post as a
lump sum instead of itemized?

Thanks,
Eric
-1
esf1999 (30)

Eric:

That's a setting in Posting Setup.  Tools>Setup>Posting>Posting.
Create a Journal Entry per Transaction or Batch.

Frank Hamelly
MCP-GP, MCT, MVP
East Coast Dynamics
www.eastcoast-dynamics.com
blog: www.gp2themax.blogspot.com

0
fhamelly1 (1404)

Posting old bills
I am setting up Money 2006 to tract income and expenses for a rental property, but I need to back date it to 1/1/2007. How do I enter bills and deposits made in the past? Thanks Go to the account register and enter the manually. Just click on the next blank transaction and go to town. You may want to make sure you are using Advanced Register. If there are subsequent transactions already in these accounts and you have balanced the accounts to statements--as though these transactions were already entered--then you will have to adjust account beginning balances and/or Account Adjustment...

* OWA... (Third Post)
Microsoft? If you're concerned about security then you should respond to this question. We cannot make this OWA server available on the Internet without applying the latest SP and critical updates. =========================== Our OWA Exchange 5.5 server (Windows NT Server) recently died and we replaced it with a Windows 2000 Server. We installed Exchange 5.5 OWA then applied Exchange SP4. Everything was working until we apply Windows 2000 SP4. Everytime we logon we get "OWA was unable to get to your inbox" error. As soon as we un-installed Windows 2000 SP4, OWA wo...

To the sender of the MI5 posts
I am not sure if you read responses or (like most other spammers) just see the web as a place where you are free to say whatever you want without fear of contradiction. Who knows? Either way - this section of this site is site is specifically here so that anyone with a comment, question, point to rise, etc regarding access databases can post with the knowledge that other likeminded people may read their post. It is not here as a general forum to discuss other matters. I have no doubt that if you are blocked from posting you will see this as yet another indication that MI5 is after yo...

wrong Sale Amount
I am using RMS 1.3 without any hot fix. I am facing a very strange problem in RMS HQ. One of four stores is showing excessive sale amount on daily basis and after 4 to 6 hours sales figure comes down to the normal as actual. HQ client data upload timing is fixed after one hour for each store. I have checked at store level and HQ level but found nothing wrong which may cause this problem. Any idea or solution to resolve this problem. An earlier response will be highly appreciated. Now the earlier mentioned problem becomes very worst because Sale amount in HQ is showing excessive then...

Sending mail outside of the exchange server
> rj wrote: > >> I'm using Exchange 2003 on Windows SBS 2003. >> >> We have an employee that we'd like to avoid giving access to OWA for, but we'd like him to have an account @ourcompany.com, and have that mail go to his hotmail.com account. > > > > Refer to MS Knowledge Base article 281926 Hi Jose, Now I'm starting to feel a bit lost here. I looked at KB281926 which was an excellent resource, thank you. However I'm having problems with some of the steps. The PreRequisite according to the article is that I am using a com...

eConnect needs to support Manufacturing Transactions
Our client would like eConnect to support the manufacturing transactions available withing the manufacturing module. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=db26359...

What's the difference between Cross-posting and Multi-posting
And thanks for the discussion earlier... although the rudeness was unneeded. Sign me, A New User (and learning from you all) rochgal, you wrote on Thu, 22 Sep 2005 14:53:03 -0700: > What's the difference between Cross-posting and Multi-posting Cross-posting = You send one posting to several newsgroups. Multi-posting = You send several postings (with the same content) to several newsgroups. -- Best Regards Christian Goeller Some misspellings, grammatical or linguistical mistakes found? All corrections would be appreciated! ...

Recommendations on number of items in PST and OST
I need to know whether if there is a recommendation on number of ITEMS in a PST and OST? I am currently running MS Outlook 2003. Thanks I know that there is a limit to the number of items in a single folder in a pst file...it was around 16,000...actually had a user run into it once, and that folder was no longer accessible... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Hasher" <Hasher@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2864AF80-FD7A-4578-8A80-AB2A32E75993@microsoft.com... > I need to know whether if there is a recommendation on number of ITEMS in a > PST and OST? > &g...

Post to GL
Hello I am having a problem with a setting within Great Plains 8.0 service pack 2. I have posting setup to only allow posting from the batch level for Inventory. But when you go into Inventory Batches the check box for post to gl is not marked. If I have it setup in posting to post to the gl shouldn't this check box be marked in inventory batches? -- Thanks, Brian Apples and oranges. The post to GL checkbox on the inventory batch window tells the system whether an IV transaction will post at all. The posting settings in tools --> setup --> posting tell the system w...

Intrastat posting issue
We are a UK company using intrastat. At the moment we cannot post invoices directly (thru) to the General ledger because we are getting an error saying that the 'intratsat information is missing'. When we click on an invoice that won't post in the Sales Transaction Entry screen, and click on the blue EC flag box, all the intrastat data is there and correct. Then when we post it goes through to the GL correctly. It seems that it will only post to the GL if every single line is checked (via the Blue EC flag) on the sales invoice regardless of the fact that all the date is alr...

Access 2002 bug: "dynamic" forms problem
There was no respond to my original post in microsoft.public.access.forms (May 5th 2007) about a fortnight so I try it here... ��������������������������������� A while ago we had a discussion about A2002 (sub)form which changes dynamically from code (hide/unhide controls, change subfom's width, etc.). There's a problem if I make some changes in code when the form is open: if I save changes, A2002 saves controls positions & subform's size as well. This is a BIG A2002 BUG and it's really annoying. Why Access forms don't behave as Visual Basic forms? I don't want Acc...

eacht time outlook is sending 11 items and it failes
So this always gives me a send and receive error. Those messages are not in the outbox. pls help. Krgds, Arjan ...

Urgent! When I send a mail to a distribution list last contact in alphabetical order comes first
Hello, When I sent a mail to a distribution list for example like this: (In alphabetical order by name) 1. Amelie - amelie@abc.com 2. John - john@abc.com 3. Linda - linda@abc.com 4. Susan - susan@abc.com 5. Tom - tom@abc.com Mail reaches everybody without a problem. That is ok. But when I look at my sent items (Or at the recepient) to this mail I see a sort order in To column like this: To: Tom (tom@abc.com); Amelie (amelie@abc.com) ; John (john@abc.com); Linda (linda@abc.com) ; Susan (susan@abc.com) Why the last contact comes first and the others are in the true order?? I...

Report Revenue (Ties to GL) by customer country
What is the best way to develop a report that displays revenue by customer country. I need the report to tie to financials & there is some direct GL entries for deferred revenue. Many thanks, GG Hi GG, The report of revenue by customer country should be pretty easy because you have the address in the sales document. You want to be sure to info from the RM files in order to pick up any trx not entered in SOP. I am probably not understanding the question because the resolution seems pretty straightforward. What issues are you running up against? Kind regards, L...

where is my post??
twice now I have typed up my post & sent it. So where is it? On Wed, 18 Jul 2007 08:41:36 -0700, Stapes <steve.staple@gmail.com> wrote: >twice now I have typed up my post & sent it. So where is it? On Google Groups: 1184773041.958329.270430@e16g2000pri.googlegroups.com Google's been having some problems lately, maybe it's temporarily unavailable. John W. Vinson [MVP] You mean the multiple posts with subject "Cancel = true"? I see 3 of them, and Allen Browne's already provided an answer. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I...

Sending message 1 of ....
In general, sending is fine but I get a "Sending message 1 of X" message in the status bar which does not correspond to anything. It started with "Sending Message 1 out of 2" a few months ago. It has recently grew up to 11. The only message I get is "503 bad sequence of command". All my fellow workers, connecting to the same server with the same Outlook 2003 version do not have this issue Any idea ? ...

My post not posted!
A couple of times when I've posted a reply to a recent post (same day), and later tried to view it, I found the header with a line drawn through it, and the following in the message body view pane: Message is no longer available on the server Windows Live Mail is unable to retrieve the requested message because the server no longer has the message available. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- News servers regularly expire articles as they get older to make space available for newer articles. IMAP servers can be accessed by multip...

Dates in Sales and Purchase Orders
Hello. Great Plains 7.5 SP6 on SQL 2000. I am curious to know what others do in regards to dates in SOP and POP. If you have an unknown date (say a vendor ship date, vendor promise date, customer requested ship date, etc.) what do you do? We use a series of "fudge" dates now in GP, which I know has to stop. To illustrate what I mean: for safety stock, a fake order is created with 1/1/1980 as the requested ship date. For a debit memo, a to be released order or PO, or an unknown date, a 2022 date is used. Can I just leave it blank if it's unknown? How would that affect other...

Reprint Invoices in batches according to ageing range i.e.. 16-30
Hello, My Company is working on a suggestion that a collection company recommened and that is to send the aged invoices out in groups on a weekly basis reminding the customer that they are late. They suggest printing in buckets of 16-30 days, 31-45 days, 46-60 days, 61-90 days and over 90 days. That is 5 different batches that they recommend to go out each week. I have recommend using the dunning letters that is attached in the RM Customer Card section. But that is not what they are looking for. How can I reprint the invoices in the batches that I stated above? We have been print...

Cannot send newsgroup post with an attachment
I can send and receive posts using Outlook Express 6 newsgroups. I do not use html. When I send a post that has an attachment, e.g. a 160kB jpg that post never shows up as having been sent. How can I fix this? regards, "nobody" I can't speak for others, but msnews has a 100KB limit. If I have a need to post a graphic, I upload it to TinyPic and post the link to it. TinyPic: http://tinypic.com/ -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "news.microsoft.com" <nobody@nowhere.com> wrote in message ...

Editing Sales Rep in a Posted Transaction
Does anyone know if there is a way to recall a transacrion just to change the associated sales rep? Hello Scarpa, You cannot change a transaction that has happened via the system's interface. You could modify the database using SQL or Access or a number of other tools... however that may not be the right thing to do. One of my clients was having this happen quite often... for example John sold it but it was rung up under Peter... so we created a return reason code for wrong sales rep... the cashier basically recalls the transaction for return.... picks the reason code and then eit...

Send/recieve error...
Hi all, I am curently having a problem whereby when I press the send/reciev button for incoming and outgoing emails, it always pops up an error o something object not found...?! I used Outlook XP and using IMAP email account... Any help would be greatly appreciated.... Regards, Mar ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com See if http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;312354 helps. -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided...

Unable to create new calendar item appointment
This was my question. Google and Google groups did not answer. Here's the solution: Open Task Manager End Outlook.exe process Restart Outlook You should be able to create a new appointment or meeting. 1. Yes I know restarting computer works but some of us work for a living, have many programs open and restarting is a hassle. 2. Something I also tried - might help with other problems. ~ Close Outlook, then Start > Run = "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\OUTLOOK.EXE" /cleanserverrules 3. What flagged it for me was I've got my settings so that Outlooks asks ...

Why my posting are not posted!
I am not sure why sometimes my postings are not posted! do you know why? Perhaps because you are using Microsoft's unreliable web interface to the newsgroup? Better to access the newsgroup directly, using a newsreader. -- David Biddulph "LABKHAND" <LABKHAND@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:635CB4A1-C4C9-4A80-AB93-3C8601E3F0DD@microsoft.com... >I am not sure why sometimes my postings are not posted! do you know why? "LABKHAND" <LABKHAND@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am not sure why sometimes my postings are...

Outlook 2002 only send when button clicked
i want to send my messages automatically, via the send button in the new message window. currently the only way that i gan get them to send is if i click the send/recieve button. i want them to automatically go out when the send button is clicked in the new message window "Brian G" <briang97603@softhome.net> wrote in message news:123701c361fd$61e4ca70$a001280a@phx.gbl... > i want to send my messages automatically, via the send > button in the new message window. currently the only way > that i gan get them to send is if i click the send/recieve > button. &g...