Posting Accounts Setup #3

Hi all,

I am setting up Default Posting Accounts in GP. Does anyone know where I can
find detailed explanation for each posting account in the posting Account
Setup window--Financial, Sales, Purchasing, Inventory.

I checked Help already--not helpfull

Thanks.
LR

0
LR3082 (31)

We publish a series of books on Dynamics GP that fill in the missing pieces
of help.  Our Information Flow and Posting book details the posting accounts
and provides detailed explaination of these and many other accounts.   You
can check out sample pages from this book on our web site below.

--
Richard L. Whaley
Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008

http://www.AccoladePublications.com

"LR" wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am setting up Default Posting Accounts in GP. Does anyone know where I can
> find detailed explanation for each posting account in the posting Account
> Setup window--Financial, Sales, Purchasing, Inventory.
>
> I checked Help already--not helpfull
>
> Thanks.
> LR

0
info4071 (3004)

Mass Deletion in CRM 3.0
Is there any way to delete more than 250 contacts at once? Thanks in advance, not from CRM but if you are very good in sql server and if you can understand the CRM database very well you can easily do it from SQL server -- vilas "CPW" wrote: > Is there any way to delete more than 250 contacts at once? > > Thanks in advance, As far as I know, the only way to do that is the SDK! Markus (from Germany) Thanks - I did some additional searching and I saw a posting that said you 'can' set the DeletionStateCode = 2 for records in the SQL database and the ...

Account updates not working
I have MS Money 2007 on a XPsp2 machine. My acount updates are no longer working on any of my eight accounts. I get the same error on all acount stating "Your account information is being updated, which may take a few minutes. If this message appears for more than five minutes, try again." I've tried again and again. The last successful update was on 4:14 at 9/23pm. Quotes, news, and exchange rates updates successfully. I have been successfully using MS Money for ten years. I have not changed anything recently and I have tried disabling my Trend Micro Internet Security wi...

Posting old bills
I am setting up Money 2006 to tract income and expenses for a rental property, but I need to back date it to 1/1/2007. How do I enter bills and deposits made in the past? Thanks Go to the account register and enter the manually. Just click on the next blank transaction and go to town. You may want to make sure you are using Advanced Register. If there are subsequent transactions already in these accounts and you have balanced the accounts to statements--as though these transactions were already entered--then you will have to adjust account beginning balances and/or Account Adjustment...

* OWA... (Third Post)
Microsoft? If you're concerned about security then you should respond to this question. We cannot make this OWA server available on the Internet without applying the latest SP and critical updates. =========================== Our OWA Exchange 5.5 server (Windows NT Server) recently died and we replaced it with a Windows 2000 Server. We installed Exchange 5.5 OWA then applied Exchange SP4. Everything was working until we apply Windows 2000 SP4. Everytime we logon we get "OWA was unable to get to your inbox" error. As soon as we un-installed Windows 2000 SP4, OWA wo...

Bank transactions download to wrong account
I have 5 accounts setup in MS Money, all for the same bank. (Charter One). I download transactions all the time for 4 of the accounts with no problem. However, there's one account that always downloads into the wrong account in MS Money. The transactions for that account always download to the first account in my "Bank Accounts" list in Money. If I rename the accounts to change the order, the transactions download to whichever account comes first alphabetically. I've had this problem with prior verions of Money, and was hoping the latest version would magi...

Outlook email accounts #2
Every time I reconnect, my POP3 information is appended to my Username and 'localhost' replaces my POP3 info. How can I prevent this from happening? Uncheck your firewall or anti-virus from checking incoming mail. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Frank Will asked: | Every time I reconnect, my POP3 information is appended | to my Username and &...

PSTL
Hi All, I am using GP10 (sp1) with SQL server 2005 - sp2. I am using the import option to modify the existing COA. I had made my new COA to be updated in .txt format and imported. There were no errors found while validating the COA. But after that, i got the message saying 'stored proc taGLModifyaccount cant be found'. When i check in SQL the stored proc doesnt exists. Is there an option to recreate the tables and stored proc for PSTL? But when i run through each account without using the Import task, it updates properly. The case is while importing i am facing this problem. ...

To the sender of the MI5 posts
I am not sure if you read responses or (like most other spammers) just see the web as a place where you are free to say whatever you want without fear of contradiction. Who knows? Either way - this section of this site is site is specifically here so that anyone with a comment, question, point to rise, etc regarding access databases can post with the knowledge that other likeminded people may read their post. It is not here as a general forum to discuss other matters. I have no doubt that if you are blocked from posting you will see this as yet another indication that MI5 is after yo...

hyperlink problem #3
hello, I am wondering, when using the hyperlink formula, is there a way to open a file in a folder regardless of the filename extension. I have file names with these extensions in a folder 000340011.tif 000340012.dgn I am writing a series of hyperlinks and would just like to use the general 000340011 number and have it open regardless of the file name extension. This is what i am currently using =HYPERLINK($E$1 & A1 & ".tif","Click to Open") (A1 in this example is 000340011) I would like to just drag down the hyperlinks, however, this only works if the file ...

What's the difference between Cross-posting and Multi-posting
And thanks for the discussion earlier... although the rudeness was unneeded. Sign me, A New User (and learning from you all) rochgal, you wrote on Thu, 22 Sep 2005 14:53:03 -0700: > What's the difference between Cross-posting and Multi-posting Cross-posting = You send one posting to several newsgroups. Multi-posting = You send several postings (with the same content) to several newsgroups. -- Best Regards Christian Goeller Some misspellings, grammatical or linguistical mistakes found? All corrections would be appreciated! ...

Missing mail after VPN Outlook setup
Hi. Last week we setup VPN to be able to read mail from home (no OWA). After installing Outlook at home and connecting to the exchange server, and syncronizing the data I got all mail/contacts etc on my home computers Outlook. BUT, when I got to work the day after, my Outlook on the work computer was empty, no mails or nothing. Looking in the Exchange server at the mailaccount I can se that it contains over 1000 emails so they seem to still exist on the server. What could this be? Is there som configuration needed? Did you configure the home computer to deliver mail to a personal folde...

Post to GL
Hello I am having a problem with a setting within Great Plains 8.0 service pack 2. I have posting setup to only allow posting from the batch level for Inventory. But when you go into Inventory Batches the check box for post to gl is not marked. If I have it setup in posting to post to the gl shouldn't this check box be marked in inventory batches? -- Thanks, Brian Apples and oranges. The post to GL checkbox on the inventory batch window tells the system whether an IV transaction will post at all. The posting settings in tools --> setup --> posting tell the system w...

Intrastat posting issue
We are a UK company using intrastat. At the moment we cannot post invoices directly (thru) to the General ledger because we are getting an error saying that the 'intratsat information is missing'. When we click on an invoice that won't post in the Sales Transaction Entry screen, and click on the blue EC flag box, all the intrastat data is there and correct. Then when we post it goes through to the GL correctly. It seems that it will only post to the GL if every single line is checked (via the Blue EC flag) on the sales invoice regardless of the fact that all the date is alr...

Access 2002 bug: "dynamic" forms problem
There was no respond to my original post in microsoft.public.access.forms (May 5th 2007) about a fortnight so I try it here... ��������������������������������� A while ago we had a discussion about A2002 (sub)form which changes dynamically from code (hide/unhide controls, change subfom's width, etc.). There's a problem if I make some changes in code when the form is open: if I save changes, A2002 saves controls positions & subform's size as well. This is a BIG A2002 BUG and it's really annoying. Why Access forms don't behave as Visual Basic forms? I don't want Acc...

Is this Possible #3
I have 2 calculatedfields within a pivot table one is a Count of som values, the other a Sum of some values. Is it possible to create a third field using these 2 values in some wa ie adding them, multiplying them etc etc, if so how !!!, cos no matte how I try I can't seem to get this workingas excel doesn't seem to lik Calculated values being built from other Calculated values !!!!! Any help would be wonderful ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com Not s...

"Settings" and KB unavailable when Outlook is running (CRM 3.0)
Does anyone else find it rather ridiculous that the options available in the CRM 3.0 web client completely change when Outlook is running? Evidently this is "by design" but was a very poor design choice in my opinion. Users like to have a consistent experience, and when options start disappearing it confuses people. It also makes it very difficult to build a Knowledge Base and set up users, considering most people will probably be copying and pasting text from email messages to build the KB. The way it's set up now, you would have to find the email message you want, co...

Exchange 2003 does not generate email address for new account
I created an account in AD on the exchange 2003. For some reason the new user account does not have a SMTP email address. I check the recipient policies and it has %1g%s which should automatically generate an email address for the new account. It has been a whole day already so I know there is something wrong. Any help would be appreciative. In news:57EF1452-42B2-4757-91C1-AAF829D88642@microsoft.com, johnisccp <johnisccp@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > I created an account in AD on the exchange 2003. For some reason the > new user account does not have a SMTP email ad...

one account with 2 credit cards
hello, i tried to build an account (bank account) with 2 credit cards. the result that i got after a long trial, was 3 accounts (i.e. bank, visa, diners). and not bank account with 2 credit cards as part of it. what is the right way to do it? how can i relate the credit cards to the bank account? please advice The answer depends on what the real relationship is between the bank accounts and the credit cards. If it's two debit cards for the same checking account, it's really one account, not a bank account and two credit cards. If it's really a bank account and two credit car...

A rule that forwards through a specified account?
I have a number of clients, and use different email accounts for each. I want to set up an email rule that: - selects emails coming in to a specified address, and - forwards that email on to a distribution group, - and forwards on through a specific account. The first two can be achieved by the action options which are available, but I cant see an option to select the account that is used. Is there anyway that this can be done - an alternative would be to use the default account and change the dispalay name. Thanks Ivan I should have sais that I am using Microsoft Outlook 2...

where is my post??
twice now I have typed up my post & sent it. So where is it? On Wed, 18 Jul 2007 08:41:36 -0700, Stapes <steve.staple@gmail.com> wrote: >twice now I have typed up my post & sent it. So where is it? On Google Groups: 1184773041.958329.270430@e16g2000pri.googlegroups.com Google's been having some problems lately, maybe it's temporarily unavailable. John W. Vinson [MVP] You mean the multiple posts with subject "Cancel = true"? I see 3 of them, and Allen Browne's already provided an answer. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I...

New accounts cannot access their mailbox
Hi I am having a problem with new accounts in SBS 2003. When we create new users they are unable to log into there mailbox if you check there "email address" tab in ad the do not receive any email addresses. We have tried loading the latest service packs and patches and rebuilt/reload the RUS but without any success Thanks Kris In news:8A0CEDE8-B192-4278-82EA-85967166E324@microsoft.com, luckr01 <luckr01@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > Hi I am having a problem with new accounts in SBS 2003. When we > create new users they are unable to log into there mailbox i...

10% Coupon setup
Is there a way to take 10% off from the total transaction by simply scanning a barcode that acts as a 10% coupon. Alternately can we create a macro that can be assigned to custom buttons that automatically deduct 10% from the total transaction? I know that we can do this by pressing SHIFT+F3 and then manually enter the % amount. Thx for any help. MOI, Click on the link http://tinyurl.com/9g7tc Must have access to CustomerSource -- = "MOI" <MOI@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AD169C57-78A5-4D5D-BCA6-A2ABD9B0F77E@microsoft.com... > Is there a way...

Training for Project Accounting
I work for a General Contracting Construction business and we are using project accounting. We have a few employees that need to have training. Does anyone know of a really good Partner who can thoroughly train, answer questions, and brainstorm for solutions more specific to our business needs? Thanks Where are you located. You can contact me at willing2hire@hotmail.com >-----Original Message----- >I work for a General Contracting Construction business and we are using >project accounting. We have a few employees that need to have training. >Does anyone know of a re...

My post not posted!
A couple of times when I've posted a reply to a recent post (same day), and later tried to view it, I found the header with a line drawn through it, and the following in the message body view pane: Message is no longer available on the server Windows Live Mail is unable to retrieve the requested message because the server no longer has the message available. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- News servers regularly expire articles as they get older to make space available for newer articles. IMAP servers can be accessed by multip...

Problem Opening Attachments #3
I have several users that intermittently get this error in opening attachments, mostly excel. "Can't open file: C:\Documents and Settings\user\Local Settings \Temporary Internet Files\OLK55\600....The file may not exist, you may not have permission to open it, or it may be open in another program. Right-click on the folder that contains the file, and then click properties to check permissions for the folder. When I check this location in windows explorer the \OLK55\600 folders didn't exist. I'd read another post saying that outlook opens attachments in a temp location via t...