Posting Accounts for SOP and Inventory

SOP is setup to use Posting Accounts From Customer because some customers
purchase Sales Inventory items and different customers lease the same Sales
Inventory items.  Now my client is setting up Service Inventory Items.  The
revenue from the Service Inventory items needs to be recorded to a different
revenue account number than the Sales Inventory items.  There are different
revenue account numbers depending on the Service Inventory items so we have
entered the applicable revenue account number in the Item Account Maintenance
of each Service Inventory item.  It is possible that a customer might
purchase both Sales Inventory items and Service Inventory items on the same
SOP invoice.  Is there a way to get the Service Inventory item revenue
account numbers to default on transaction entry with SOP setup to use Posting
Accounts From Customer?
--
Thanks a lot,

Julie London
Technology Management Concepts (TMC)

Hi Julie

GP allows to you post to the GL either from the Customer or from the Item.
It does not have a hybrid of both as standard functionality.   We have needed
this functionality since we startred working with Dynamics (version 2 !!) and
still it is not there.

In one instance we have pointed all the Sales and COS entries to clearing
accounts and then we use Crystal Reports to re-allocate those entries to
their correct GL accounts based on our own rules and then the GL JE is either
integrated in or manually captured.    That does affect drill down
functionality off those SOP documents so it might not be a perfect solution,
but it is a work-a-round.

Hope that helps.
Sheila

"Julie" wrote:

> SOP is setup to use Posting Accounts From Customer because some customers
> purchase Sales Inventory items and different customers lease the same Sales
> Inventory items.  Now my client is setting up Service Inventory Items.  The
> revenue from the Service Inventory items needs to be recorded to a different
> revenue account number than the Sales Inventory items.  There are different
> revenue account numbers depending on the Service Inventory items so we have
> entered the applicable revenue account number in the Item Account Maintenance
> of each Service Inventory item.  It is possible that a customer might
> purchase both Sales Inventory items and Service Inventory items on the same
> SOP invoice.  Is there a way to get the Service Inventory item revenue
> account numbers to default on transaction entry with SOP setup to use Posting
> Accounts From Customer?
> --
> Thanks a lot,
>
> Julie London
> Technology Management Concepts (TMC)

Account updates not working
I have MS Money 2007 on a XPsp2 machine. My acount updates are no longer working on any of my eight accounts. I get the same error on all acount stating "Your account information is being updated, which may take a few minutes. If this message appears for more than five minutes, try again." I've tried again and again. The last successful update was on 4:14 at 9/23pm. Quotes, news, and exchange rates updates successfully. I have been successfully using MS Money for ten years. I have not changed anything recently and I have tried disabling my Trend Micro Internet Security wi...

Posting old bills
I am setting up Money 2006 to tract income and expenses for a rental property, but I need to back date it to 1/1/2007. How do I enter bills and deposits made in the past? Thanks Go to the account register and enter the manually. Just click on the next blank transaction and go to town. You may want to make sure you are using Advanced Register. If there are subsequent transactions already in these accounts and you have balanced the accounts to statements--as though these transactions were already entered--then you will have to adjust account beginning balances and/or Account Adjustment...

* OWA... (Third Post)
Microsoft? If you're concerned about security then you should respond to this question. We cannot make this OWA server available on the Internet without applying the latest SP and critical updates. =========================== Our OWA Exchange 5.5 server (Windows NT Server) recently died and we replaced it with a Windows 2000 Server. We installed Exchange 5.5 OWA then applied Exchange SP4. Everything was working until we apply Windows 2000 SP4. Everytime we logon we get "OWA was unable to get to your inbox" error. As soon as we un-installed Windows 2000 SP4, OWA wo...

Outlook email accounts #2
Every time I reconnect, my POP3 information is appended to my Username and 'localhost' replaces my POP3 info. How can I prevent this from happening? Uncheck your firewall or anti-virus from checking incoming mail. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Frank Will asked: | Every time I reconnect, my POP3 information is appended | to my Username and &...

Bank transactions download to wrong account
I have 5 accounts setup in MS Money, all for the same bank. (Charter One). I download transactions all the time for 4 of the accounts with no problem. However, there's one account that always downloads into the wrong account in MS Money. The transactions for that account always download to the first account in my "Bank Accounts" list in Money. If I rename the accounts to change the order, the transactions download to whichever account comes first alphabetically. I've had this problem with prior verions of Money, and was hoping the latest version would magi...

To the sender of the MI5 posts
I am not sure if you read responses or (like most other spammers) just see the web as a place where you are free to say whatever you want without fear of contradiction. Who knows? Either way - this section of this site is site is specifically here so that anyone with a comment, question, point to rise, etc regarding access databases can post with the knowledge that other likeminded people may read their post. It is not here as a general forum to discuss other matters. I have no doubt that if you are blocked from posting you will see this as yet another indication that MI5 is after yo...

PSTL
Hi All, I am using GP10 (sp1) with SQL server 2005 - sp2. I am using the import option to modify the existing COA. I had made my new COA to be updated in .txt format and imported. There were no errors found while validating the COA. But after that, i got the message saying 'stored proc taGLModifyaccount cant be found'. When i check in SQL the stored proc doesnt exists. Is there an option to recreate the tables and stored proc for PSTL? But when i run through each account without using the Import task, it updates properly. The case is while importing i am facing this problem. ...

What's the difference between Cross-posting and Multi-posting
And thanks for the discussion earlier... although the rudeness was unneeded. Sign me, A New User (and learning from you all) rochgal, you wrote on Thu, 22 Sep 2005 14:53:03 -0700: > What's the difference between Cross-posting and Multi-posting Cross-posting = You send one posting to several newsgroups. Multi-posting = You send several postings (with the same content) to several newsgroups. -- Best Regards Christian Goeller Some misspellings, grammatical or linguistical mistakes found? All corrections would be appreciated! ...

Post to GL
Hello I am having a problem with a setting within Great Plains 8.0 service pack 2. I have posting setup to only allow posting from the batch level for Inventory. But when you go into Inventory Batches the check box for post to gl is not marked. If I have it setup in posting to post to the gl shouldn't this check box be marked in inventory batches? -- Thanks, Brian Apples and oranges. The post to GL checkbox on the inventory batch window tells the system whether an IV transaction will post at all. The posting settings in tools --> setup --> posting tell the system w...

Intrastat posting issue
We are a UK company using intrastat. At the moment we cannot post invoices directly (thru) to the General ledger because we are getting an error saying that the 'intratsat information is missing'. When we click on an invoice that won't post in the Sales Transaction Entry screen, and click on the blue EC flag box, all the intrastat data is there and correct. Then when we post it goes through to the GL correctly. It seems that it will only post to the GL if every single line is checked (via the Blue EC flag) on the sales invoice regardless of the fact that all the date is alr...

Exchange 2003 does not generate email address for new account
I created an account in AD on the exchange 2003. For some reason the new user account does not have a SMTP email address. I check the recipient policies and it has %1g%s which should automatically generate an email address for the new account. It has been a whole day already so I know there is something wrong. Any help would be appreciative. In news:57EF1452-42B2-4757-91C1-AAF829D88642@microsoft.com, johnisccp <johnisccp@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > I created an account in AD on the exchange 2003. For some reason the > new user account does not have a SMTP email ad...

Access 2002 bug: "dynamic" forms problem
There was no respond to my original post in microsoft.public.access.forms (May 5th 2007) about a fortnight so I try it here... ��������������������������������� A while ago we had a discussion about A2002 (sub)form which changes dynamically from code (hide/unhide controls, change subfom's width, etc.). There's a problem if I make some changes in code when the form is open: if I save changes, A2002 saves controls positions & subform's size as well. This is a BIG A2002 BUG and it's really annoying. Why Access forms don't behave as Visual Basic forms? I don't want Acc...

one account with 2 credit cards
hello, i tried to build an account (bank account) with 2 credit cards. the result that i got after a long trial, was 3 accounts (i.e. bank, visa, diners). and not bank account with 2 credit cards as part of it. what is the right way to do it? how can i relate the credit cards to the bank account? please advice The answer depends on what the real relationship is between the bank accounts and the credit cards. If it's two debit cards for the same checking account, it's really one account, not a bank account and two credit cards. If it's really a bank account and two credit car...

where is my post??
twice now I have typed up my post & sent it. So where is it? On Wed, 18 Jul 2007 08:41:36 -0700, Stapes <steve.staple@gmail.com> wrote: >twice now I have typed up my post & sent it. So where is it? On Google Groups: 1184773041.958329.270430@e16g2000pri.googlegroups.com Google's been having some problems lately, maybe it's temporarily unavailable. John W. Vinson [MVP] You mean the multiple posts with subject "Cancel = true"? I see 3 of them, and Allen Browne's already provided an answer. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I...

A rule that forwards through a specified account?
I have a number of clients, and use different email accounts for each. I want to set up an email rule that: - selects emails coming in to a specified address, and - forwards that email on to a distribution group, - and forwards on through a specific account. The first two can be achieved by the action options which are available, but I cant see an option to select the account that is used. Is there anyway that this can be done - an alternative would be to use the default account and change the dispalay name. Thanks Ivan I should have sais that I am using Microsoft Outlook 2...

Training for Project Accounting
I work for a General Contracting Construction business and we are using project accounting. We have a few employees that need to have training. Does anyone know of a really good Partner who can thoroughly train, answer questions, and brainstorm for solutions more specific to our business needs? Thanks Where are you located. You can contact me at willing2hire@hotmail.com >-----Original Message----- >I work for a General Contracting Construction business and we are using >project accounting. We have a few employees that need to have training. >Does anyone know of a re...

New accounts cannot access their mailbox
Hi I am having a problem with new accounts in SBS 2003. When we create new users they are unable to log into there mailbox if you check there "email address" tab in ad the do not receive any email addresses. We have tried loading the latest service packs and patches and rebuilt/reload the RUS but without any success Thanks Kris In news:8A0CEDE8-B192-4278-82EA-85967166E324@microsoft.com, luckr01 <luckr01@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > Hi I am having a problem with new accounts in SBS 2003. When we > create new users they are unable to log into there mailbox i...

My post not posted!
A couple of times when I've posted a reply to a recent post (same day), and later tried to view it, I found the header with a line drawn through it, and the following in the message body view pane: Message is no longer available on the server Windows Live Mail is unable to retrieve the requested message because the server no longer has the message available. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- News servers regularly expire articles as they get older to make space available for newer articles. IMAP servers can be accessed by multip...

Accessing same email account from 2 different account , not loosing messages
I have two XP Profesional users working on same workstation. I need to receive from same POP3 email account ( ex. roger@firm.com ) all messages and all messages to be accessible to both users from their domain account used on that workstation. Each user have his own different domain account on Windows 2000 Server network. So, if one user log on from his account on workstation with Outlook Express he will receive all new emails. Next, the second user will log on on that workstations with his different domain account and he will need to see all messages received by first user and receive...

Cannot send newsgroup post with an attachment
I can send and receive posts using Outlook Express 6 newsgroups. I do not use html. When I send a post that has an attachment, e.g. a 160kB jpg that post never shows up as having been sent. How can I fix this? regards, "nobody" I can't speak for others, but msnews has a 100KB limit. If I have a need to post a graphic, I upload it to TinyPic and post the link to it. TinyPic: http://tinypic.com/ -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "news.microsoft.com" <nobody@nowhere.com> wrote in message ...

Editing Sales Rep in a Posted Transaction
Does anyone know if there is a way to recall a transacrion just to change the associated sales rep? Hello Scarpa, You cannot change a transaction that has happened via the system's interface. You could modify the database using SQL or Access or a number of other tools... however that may not be the right thing to do. One of my clients was having this happen quite often... for example John sold it but it was rung up under Peter... so we created a return reason code for wrong sales rep... the cashier basically recalls the transaction for return.... picks the reason code and then eit...

Customer charge Accounts don't work.
We just upgraded from Quicksell 2000 and everything transfered great. The charge accounts transfered but we can not add new charges to them. The error we get is "the charge has no slip receipt". Can't figure out how to set that up to create charges. Can anybody lend a hand. Beaver, Are you trying to use a QS2K receipt template? If so, try an RMS one. I'm assuming you have created an Account type for your charge customers and a Payment type for charge accounts. As a test, create a new customer, Account tab, change the Account type to your charge account, give ...

bank accounts in the UK AND the US
I have citibank bank accounts in the USA and the UK. I downloaded the demo and found my citibank accounts under 'citibank' but not my UK accounts: I got a message saying 'User ID not found' for the UK citibank online banking account. How do I get accounts from Citibank UK included? The online offerings of some banks if different in different countries. In the UK, the only financial institution integrated into Money is the Nationwide - all others (where applicable), just provide OFX or QIF downloads. It's probable that the UK site doesn't like the US login, and e...

Remove Unknow account from Exchange System Manager
System: ------------------------------------------- Windows 2003 Standard edition with SP 1 Exchange 2003 Enterprise edition with SP 1 -------------------------------------------- There is an unknown account listed in the security tab of any exchange object "S-1-5-21-3284365280-167940363-293429907-1159" It can't be removed it because it's inheriting permissions from its parent. i tried to remove the account using ADSI Edit from the security tab and wait few minutes for the replication to happen but it still shows in the exchange system manager. i searched the registry for th...

Why my posting are not posted!
I am not sure why sometimes my postings are not posted! do you know why? Perhaps because you are using Microsoft's unreliable web interface to the newsgroup? Better to access the newsgroup directly, using a newsreader. -- David Biddulph "LABKHAND" <LABKHAND@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:635CB4A1-C4C9-4A80-AB93-3C8601E3F0DD@microsoft.com... >I am not sure why sometimes my postings are not posted! do you know why? "LABKHAND" <LABKHAND@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am not sure why sometimes my postings are...