Post/ void AR docs in prior year after close AR?

Can you post or void an AR transaction in 2008 after you have closed the
year?
--
Janey
0

Janey,

Yes, double check that the fiscal period(s) for the month/module are
unchecked in Fiscal Periods Setup first (Tools > Setup > Company > Fiscal
Periods).  Also, just as an FYI - if you have already closed 20o9 for
Receivables, this will not update the YTD numbers for 2008 (it will go into
2009 instead).

--
Victoria Yudin
Dynamics GP MVP

"Janey" <Janey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Can you post or void an AR transaction in 2008 after you have closed the
> year?
> --
> Janey

0
victoria (3340)

Posting old bills
I am setting up Money 2006 to tract income and expenses for a rental property, but I need to back date it to 1/1/2007. How do I enter bills and deposits made in the past? Thanks Go to the account register and enter the manually. Just click on the next blank transaction and go to town. You may want to make sure you are using Advanced Register. If there are subsequent transactions already in these accounts and you have balanced the accounts to statements--as though these transactions were already entered--then you will have to adjust account beginning balances and/or Account Adjustment...

* OWA... (Third Post)
Microsoft? If you're concerned about security then you should respond to this question. We cannot make this OWA server available on the Internet without applying the latest SP and critical updates. =========================== Our OWA Exchange 5.5 server (Windows NT Server) recently died and we replaced it with a Windows 2000 Server. We installed Exchange 5.5 OWA then applied Exchange SP4. Everything was working until we apply Windows 2000 SP4. Everytime we logon we get "OWA was unable to get to your inbox" error. As soon as we un-installed Windows 2000 SP4, OWA wo...

To the sender of the MI5 posts
I am not sure if you read responses or (like most other spammers) just see the web as a place where you are free to say whatever you want without fear of contradiction. Who knows? Either way - this section of this site is site is specifically here so that anyone with a comment, question, point to rise, etc regarding access databases can post with the knowledge that other likeminded people may read their post. It is not here as a general forum to discuss other matters. I have no doubt that if you are blocked from posting you will see this as yet another indication that MI5 is after yo...

How do I import PUB 2000 doc on floppy into PUB 2003?
Kid uses PUB 2000 at school. Saves to floppy to work on at home. Cannot get file to load into PUB 2003. Copy to your hard drive, try opening it again. Publisher doesn't do well with removable media. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx "jad" <jad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D2CB0F80-A38C-4A41-8AB2-87D52D31C368@microsoft.com... > Kid uses PUB 2000 at school. Saves to floppy to work on at home. Cannot get > ...

Post to GL
Hello I am having a problem with a setting within Great Plains 8.0 service pack 2. I have posting setup to only allow posting from the batch level for Inventory. But when you go into Inventory Batches the check box for post to gl is not marked. If I have it setup in posting to post to the gl shouldn't this check box be marked in inventory batches? -- Thanks, Brian Apples and oranges. The post to GL checkbox on the inventory batch window tells the system whether an IV transaction will post at all. The posting settings in tools --> setup --> posting tell the system w...

How to assign Sate and Local Tax payments to the previous year?
I cannot assign state & local tax payments to the previous year. I can assign Federal tax payments to the previous year. When entering a federal tax payment I get a box that asks me what year the tax payment should be assigned to. I can also right click on the payment in the account and I get an option to assign to a specific tax year. None of these options are available when the subcategory Sate and Local taxes is selected. This seems very odd. Any help is appreciated. In microsoft.public.money, sjmnyc wrote: >I cannot assign state & local tax payments to the previous y...

What's the difference between Cross-posting and Multi-posting
And thanks for the discussion earlier... although the rudeness was unneeded. Sign me, A New User (and learning from you all) rochgal, you wrote on Thu, 22 Sep 2005 14:53:03 -0700: > What's the difference between Cross-posting and Multi-posting Cross-posting = You send one posting to several newsgroups. Multi-posting = You send several postings (with the same content) to several newsgroups. -- Best Regards Christian Goeller Some misspellings, grammatical or linguistical mistakes found? All corrections would be appreciated! ...

Intrastat posting issue
We are a UK company using intrastat. At the moment we cannot post invoices directly (thru) to the General ledger because we are getting an error saying that the 'intratsat information is missing'. When we click on an invoice that won't post in the Sales Transaction Entry screen, and click on the blue EC flag box, all the intrastat data is there and correct. Then when we post it goes through to the GL correctly. It seems that it will only post to the GL if every single line is checked (via the Blue EC flag) on the sales invoice regardless of the fact that all the date is alr...

Cannot close data file in Outlook 2003
I have recently come up with a problem that means that I cannot close a PST file in Outlook 2003. I get the message "The operation failed. An object could not be found". These are archive files. Well, one file that now appears twice. I have tried creating a new main PST folder and using that. I have tried to move, rename and generally hide the offending archive.PST folder. Nothing works. Nor can I get at the "Advanced" properties of the archive. If I log on to Windows as a different user and then open outlook using the same main mailbox.PST file, I do not see these &q...

void* and cast
I am not very good at managing void* pointer. I want to convert the variable pointed by a void* into a int so I do that : void foo(void* handle) { int* pTmp; int nValue; CString csTmp; pTmp = (int*) handle; nValue = *pTmp; csTmp.Format("Value pointed by handle = %d", nValue ); AfxMessageBox(csTmp); } Is there any shorter way of doing it ? Something like : nValue = *( (int*) handle). I think I tried a long time ago and it didn't work, don't know why because it seems logic to me. I want to deference the pointer after having cast it into int, so what's wron...

Access 2002 bug: "dynamic" forms problem
There was no respond to my original post in microsoft.public.access.forms (May 5th 2007) about a fortnight so I try it here... ��������������������������������� A while ago we had a discussion about A2002 (sub)form which changes dynamically from code (hide/unhide controls, change subfom's width, etc.). There's a problem if I make some changes in code when the form is open: if I save changes, A2002 saves controls positions & subform's size as well. This is a BIG A2002 BUG and it's really annoying. Why Access forms don't behave as Visual Basic forms? I don't want Acc...

Sending email closes out Word
Whenever I send an email, it automatically close out my Microsoft Word. Any suggestions? ...

where is my post??
twice now I have typed up my post & sent it. So where is it? On Wed, 18 Jul 2007 08:41:36 -0700, Stapes <steve.staple@gmail.com> wrote: >twice now I have typed up my post & sent it. So where is it? On Google Groups: 1184773041.958329.270430@e16g2000pri.googlegroups.com Google's been having some problems lately, maybe it's temporarily unavailable. John W. Vinson [MVP] You mean the multiple posts with subject "Cancel = true"? I see 3 of them, and Allen Browne's already provided an answer. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I...

Automaticly change Void date to system date when Voiding document
When voiding payable documents Checks/Vouchers. When the use clicks the check box change the Void Date and Post date to the system date. This will stop user for getting the error that the period is closed or posting to the incorrect period. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" ...

My post not posted!
A couple of times when I've posted a reply to a recent post (same day), and later tried to view it, I found the header with a line drawn through it, and the following in the message body view pane: Message is no longer available on the server Windows Live Mail is unable to retrieve the requested message because the server no longer has the message available. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- News servers regularly expire articles as they get older to make space available for newer articles. IMAP servers can be accessed by multip...

Cannot send newsgroup post with an attachment
I can send and receive posts using Outlook Express 6 newsgroups. I do not use html. When I send a post that has an attachment, e.g. a 160kB jpg that post never shows up as having been sent. How can I fix this? regards, "nobody" I can't speak for others, but msnews has a 100KB limit. If I have a need to post a graphic, I upload it to TinyPic and post the link to it. TinyPic: http://tinypic.com/ -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "news.microsoft.com" <nobody@nowhere.com> wrote in message ...

How do you select a specific Visio tab when 'Inserting Object' into Word doc?
I am inserting an object (Visio diagram) in my Word document so that updates to the Visio diagram are automatically reflected in the Word doc. I clicked Insert > Object > Link to File, and used it as a workaround to the bug found when you copy the Visio diagram by clicking Edit > Paste Special > Paste Link (bug is found if the Visio diagram is on a file share; you can't insert it - the option for Paste Link is grayed out). This Insert > Object workaround works fine, HOWEVER, my Visio file has multiple tabs on it. How do I distinguish which tab I want to embed? ...

chart in one cell showing data for past year
How do I make a small graph that fits in one cell and visually shows the past year's data. Is there an automated way to do it besides manually making the graph and shrinking it down? SVA Here's a link to a post on making chart in a cell. http://processtrends.com/pg_charts_chart_in_cell.htm My download has a VBA procedures to size cells and to make chart and place chart in a single cell. Size of chart depends on size of cell. Kelly O'Day koday**at**processtrends**dot*com "SVA" <SVA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:721D862A-C8B0-4466-A2B8...

Editing Sales Rep in a Posted Transaction
Does anyone know if there is a way to recall a transacrion just to change the associated sales rep? Hello Scarpa, You cannot change a transaction that has happened via the system's interface. You could modify the database using SQL or Access or a number of other tools... however that may not be the right thing to do. One of my clients was having this happen quite often... for example John sold it but it was rung up under Peter... so we created a return reason code for wrong sales rep... the cashier basically recalls the transaction for return.... picks the reason code and then eit...

Incorrect Prior Year Balance
I created a year-end adjusting entry in a prior year, however I was unaware that the Maintain History checkboxes for Account and Transactions in G/L Setup were unchecked. I have a correct beginning balance in the currrent year, but an incorrect ending balance in the prior year since the transaction does not show up. How can I get that entry into the old year without affecting the new year balance? I have since marked the Maintain History checkboxes in G/L Setup. My guess is to recreate and post the entry into the prior year, then create a reversing entry in the current year. Is there a...

How do you extract day/time/month/year information
Hello, I came across this issue, where I have a exported excel file. With the information in a field "Friday 02:15:00 March 2009". I need these information extracted. I only require Month/Year. I need to end up with a field with only "March 2009". Is there a formula for this? Thanks for your help. Try this: =MID(A1,FIND(" ",A1,FIND(":",A1,FIND(":",A1)+1))+1,20) best wishes -- Bernard Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme "SV" <SV@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messag...

Year End Closing Procidures
Hi, I have GP 10,SP4 and SQL 2005. What are the steps i have to take for Year end clsoing procidures. Please give me the link is there any articale available step by step. Rgs Saf Victoria Yudin has some great resources and links on her blog. Take a look at: http://victoriayudin.com/2008/11/14/year-end-close-in-dynamics-gp/ Leslei "saifu" wrote: > Hi, > > I have GP 10,SP4 and SQL 2005. What are the steps i have to take for Year > end clsoing procidures. Please give me the link is there any articale > available step by step. > ...

Why my posting are not posted!
I am not sure why sometimes my postings are not posted! do you know why? Perhaps because you are using Microsoft's unreliable web interface to the newsgroup? Better to access the newsgroup directly, using a newsreader. -- David Biddulph "LABKHAND" <LABKHAND@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:635CB4A1-C4C9-4A80-AB93-3C8601E3F0DD@microsoft.com... >I am not sure why sometimes my postings are not posted! do you know why? "LABKHAND" <LABKHAND@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am not sure why sometimes my postings are...

Prior year posting 2 years
Client has 2009 open and all previous years closed. They want to post transactions to 2007. GP by default does not allow that. Is there a work around? Rich, There is no way to do this in GP out of the box. If they absolutely must post to 2007, the option I would recommend is to have the MBS Professional Services team open the 2008 year for your client, which will allow them to post to 2007, since that will now be the last closed year. Once done, the client would close 2008 again. Professional Services only does this as a consulting engagement and the cost will depend on a number of...

Transactions Lost Posting to GL
We've been using Great Plains (Dynamics V9) since 9/01/06, and are having some serious problems when posting to GL. In one case, one payment of two vouchers was lost going from A/P to GL. We only print about 30 checks a week, so at the end of the month when we posted to GL and noticed the discrepancy, it was relatively easy to track down the payment that was lost. The Accounting firm that helped with the installation was of no help. Their solution was to create a journal entry, which of course brough GL up to date, but didn't solve the problem. Now this month, we're about $8,000 of...