Post To GL flag on Inventory Bchs Yeilds Out of Balance GL!

The Post to GL checkbox on the Inventory Batch Entry screen MUST be defaulted
to checked.  I have several customers that have been instructed to check this
box.  In all cases, we have had situations where this box was overlooked.

IN ALMOST EVERY CASE, inventory batches need to be posted to GL.  In the few
situations where this is not desired, a consultant can turn off posting in
the setup and delete the financial batches.

THIS SWITCH IS NOT NEEDED and is a pothole.  Transactions entered and posted
without checking this box show in Inventory Transaction Inquiry, affect
inventory counts, but NEVER update the GL.  Now, financials are out of
balance with subledgers.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=45d267c3-82d9-4c8f-9f0b-1f877ab78810&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains

This has caused my company great pains (it sounds like other have he same
issue)...I have two questions.

1.  Is there a way to identify inventory transactions that were posted in
the inventory subledger, but not through to the GL?

2.  How do we make this a default selection in Dexterity?

Thanks so much in advance!

"Richard L. Whaley" wrote:

> The Post to GL checkbox on the Inventory Batch Entry screen MUST be defaulted
> to checked.  I have several customers that have been instructed to check this
> box.  In all cases, we have had situations where this box was overlooked.
>
> IN ALMOST EVERY CASE, inventory batches need to be posted to GL.  In the few
> situations where this is not desired, a consultant can turn off posting in
> the setup and delete the financial batches.
>
> THIS SWITCH IS NOT NEEDED and is a pothole.  Transactions entered and posted
> without checking this box show in Inventory Transaction Inquiry, affect
> inventory counts, but NEVER update the GL.  Now, financials are out of
> balance with subledgers.
>

> ----------------
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=45d267c3-82d9-4c8f-9f0b-1f877ab78810&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains
0
mnmbrush (26)
9/16/2007 11:02:00 AM
1. I have not tested this beyond quickly looking at it just now, but I think
that you can figure out which Inventory transactions posted to GL and which
did not in SmartList.  Under Inventory Transactions bring in a column for GL
Posting Date.  This will only be filled in for transactions that came from
Inventory (Adjustment, Variance, Transfer) and that were posted to the GL,
otherwise they'll show 00/00/0000.

3. MBS Professional Services has a free tool called IV Batch Post to GL
Default that will automatically check that Post to GL box.  We typically
install this tool on every new GP install so this does not become an issue.
Your GP Partner should be able to help you with this.

--
Victoria Yudin
Dynamics GP MVP

"mnmbrush" <mnmbrush@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> This has caused my company great pains (it sounds like other have he same
> issue)...I have two questions.
>
> 1.  Is there a way to identify inventory transactions that were posted in
> the inventory subledger, but not through to the GL?
>
> 2.  How do we make this a default selection in Dexterity?
>
> Thanks so much in advance!
>
> "Richard L. Whaley" wrote:
>
>> The Post to GL checkbox on the Inventory Batch Entry screen MUST be
>> defaulted
>> to checked.  I have several customers that have been instructed to check
>> this
>> box.  In all cases, we have had situations where this box was overlooked.
>>
>> IN ALMOST EVERY CASE, inventory batches need to be posted to GL.  In the
>> few
>> situations where this is not desired, a consultant can turn off posting
>> in
>> the setup and delete the financial batches.
>>
>> THIS SWITCH IS NOT NEEDED and is a pothole.  Transactions entered and
>> posted
>> without checking this box show in Inventory Transaction Inquiry, affect
>> inventory counts, but NEVER update the GL.  Now, financials are out of
>> balance with subledgers.
>>

>> ----------------
>> "I
>> this
>> then
>> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>>
>> http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=45d267c3-82d9-4c8f-9f0b-1f877ab78810&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains

0
victoria (3339)
9/17/2007 8:41:17 AM
Victoria,

Thank you.  I will give the smartlist a try.

We requested similar information from our partner but they did not have a
solution.  Would you be able to send the tool to me or point in the right
direction to obtain it from customersource?

Thanks!

"Victoria [MVP]" wrote:

> 1. I have not tested this beyond quickly looking at it just now, but I think
> that you can figure out which Inventory transactions posted to GL and which
> did not in SmartList.  Under Inventory Transactions bring in a column for GL
> Posting Date.  This will only be filled in for transactions that came from
> Inventory (Adjustment, Variance, Transfer) and that were posted to the GL,
> otherwise they'll show 00/00/0000.
>
> 3. MBS Professional Services has a free tool called IV Batch Post to GL
> Default that will automatically check that Post to GL box.  We typically
> install this tool on every new GP install so this does not become an issue.
> Your GP Partner should be able to help you with this.
>
> --
> Victoria Yudin
> Dynamics GP MVP
> Flexible Solutions, Inc.
>

> "mnmbrush" <mnmbrush@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > This has caused my company great pains (it sounds like other have he same
> > issue)...I have two questions.
> >
> > 1.  Is there a way to identify inventory transactions that were posted in
> > the inventory subledger, but not through to the GL?
> >
> > 2.  How do we make this a default selection in Dexterity?
> >
> > Thanks so much in advance!
> >
> > "Richard L. Whaley" wrote:
> >
> >> The Post to GL checkbox on the Inventory Batch Entry screen MUST be
> >> defaulted
> >> to checked.  I have several customers that have been instructed to check
> >> this
> >> box.  In all cases, we have had situations where this box was overlooked.
> >>
> >> IN ALMOST EVERY CASE, inventory batches need to be posted to GL.  In the
> >> few
> >> situations where this is not desired, a consultant can turn off posting
> >> in
> >> the setup and delete the financial batches.
> >>
> >> THIS SWITCH IS NOT NEEDED and is a pothole.  Transactions entered and
> >> posted
> >> without checking this box show in Inventory Transaction Inquiry, affect
> >> inventory counts, but NEVER update the GL.  Now, financials are out of
> >> balance with subledgers.
> >>

> >> ----------------
> >> This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the
> >> suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the
> >> "I
> >> Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow
> >> this
> >> link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and
> >> then
> >> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
> >>
> >> http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=45d267c3-82d9-4c8f-9f0b-1f877ab78810&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains

0
mnmbrush (26)
9/17/2007 10:22:01 AM
You can tell your partner to ask MBS Professional Services for the 'IV Batch
Post to GL Default' tool.  This should be a very quick thing for them.
Unfortunately, this is not something available from CustomerSource, it has
to be requested.  I just sent off an inquiry to see if it is something you
can request directly, if so, I will post the information up once I receive
it.

--

> Victoria,
>
> Thank you.  I will give the smartlist a try.
>
> We requested similar information from our partner but they did not have a
> solution.  Would you be able to send the tool to me or point in the right
> direction to obtain it from customersource?
>
> Thanks!
>
> "Victoria [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> 1. I have not tested this beyond quickly looking at it just now, but I
>> think
>> that you can figure out which Inventory transactions posted to GL and
>> which
>> did not in SmartList.  Under Inventory Transactions bring in a column for
>> GL
>> Posting Date.  This will only be filled in for transactions that came
>> from
>> Inventory (Adjustment, Variance, Transfer) and that were posted to the
>> GL,
>> otherwise they'll show 00/00/0000.
>>
>> 3. MBS Professional Services has a free tool called IV Batch Post to GL
>> Default that will automatically check that Post to GL box.  We typically
>> install this tool on every new GP install so this does not become an
>> issue.
>> Your GP Partner should be able to help you with this.
>>
>> --
>> Victoria Yudin
>> Dynamics GP MVP
>> Flexible Solutions, Inc.
>>

>> "mnmbrush" <mnmbrush@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > This has caused my company great pains (it sounds like other have he
>> > same
>> > issue)...I have two questions.
>> >
>> > 1.  Is there a way to identify inventory transactions that were posted
>> > in
>> > the inventory subledger, but not through to the GL?
>> >
>> > 2.  How do we make this a default selection in Dexterity?
>> >
>> > Thanks so much in advance!

0
victoria (3339)
9/17/2007 11:06:30 AM
If your partner is having trouble with this, you can e-mail the Professional
Services Team directly: MBSProfessionalServices@microsoft.com

--
Victoria Yudin
Dynamics GP MVP
Flexible Solutions, Inc.

"mnmbrush" <mnmbrush@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Victoria,
>
> Thank you.  I will give the smartlist a try.
>
> We requested similar information from our partner but they did not have a
> solution.  Would you be able to send the tool to me or point in the right
> direction to obtain it from customersource?
>
> Thanks!
>
> "Victoria [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> 1. I have not tested this beyond quickly looking at it just now, but I
>> think
>> that you can figure out which Inventory transactions posted to GL and
>> which
>> did not in SmartList.  Under Inventory Transactions bring in a column for
>> GL
>> Posting Date.  This will only be filled in for transactions that came
>> from
>> Inventory (Adjustment, Variance, Transfer) and that were posted to the
>> GL,
>> otherwise they'll show 00/00/0000.
>>
>> 3. MBS Professional Services has a free tool called IV Batch Post to GL
>> Default that will automatically check that Post to GL box.  We typically
>> install this tool on every new GP install so this does not become an
>> issue.
>> Your GP Partner should be able to help you with this.
>>
>> --
>> Victoria Yudin
>> Dynamics GP MVP
>> Flexible Solutions, Inc.
>>

>> "mnmbrush" <mnmbrush@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > This has caused my company great pains (it sounds like other have he
>> > same
>> > issue)...I have two questions.
>> >
>> > 1.  Is there a way to identify inventory transactions that were posted
>> > in
>> > the inventory subledger, but not through to the GL?
>> >
>> > 2.  How do we make this a default selection in Dexterity?
>> >
>> > Thanks so much in advance!

0
victoria (3339)

Exchange Sink (X-Spam-Flag)
Hi there, im searching for an Ex-Script which generates a global-exchange rule to move mails with "X-Spam-Flag: Yes" inside the message-header to the junk-email-folder of the user. I know MabiLabs provide such an tool, but for this tool i need to upgrade the schema :-(. Did anybody implement such an rule and shares it with me ? Regards Timo FYI IMF Tune can do that, it needs no schema extension, but it is not free. http://www.windeveloper.com/imftune/news/0923/openexchange.htm cheers, Alexander Zammit WinDeveloper Software IMF Tune - Unleash the Full Intelligent Message Fil...

Posting old bills
I am setting up Money 2006 to tract income and expenses for a rental property, but I need to back date it to 1/1/2007. How do I enter bills and deposits made in the past? Thanks Go to the account register and enter the manually. Just click on the next blank transaction and go to town. You may want to make sure you are using Advanced Register. If there are subsequent transactions already in these accounts and you have balanced the accounts to statements--as though these transactions were already entered--then you will have to adjust account beginning balances and/or Account Adjustment...

* OWA... (Third Post)
Microsoft? If you're concerned about security then you should respond to this question. We cannot make this OWA server available on the Internet without applying the latest SP and critical updates. =========================== Our OWA Exchange 5.5 server (Windows NT Server) recently died and we replaced it with a Windows 2000 Server. We installed Exchange 5.5 OWA then applied Exchange SP4. Everything was working until we apply Windows 2000 SP4. Everytime we logon we get "OWA was unable to get to your inbox" error. As soon as we un-installed Windows 2000 SP4, OWA wo...

To the sender of the MI5 posts
I am not sure if you read responses or (like most other spammers) just see the web as a place where you are free to say whatever you want without fear of contradiction. Who knows? Either way - this section of this site is site is specifically here so that anyone with a comment, question, point to rise, etc regarding access databases can post with the knowledge that other likeminded people may read their post. It is not here as a general forum to discuss other matters. I have no doubt that if you are blocked from posting you will see this as yet another indication that MI5 is after yo...

What's the difference between Cross-posting and Multi-posting
And thanks for the discussion earlier... although the rudeness was unneeded. Sign me, A New User (and learning from you all) rochgal, you wrote on Thu, 22 Sep 2005 14:53:03 -0700: > What's the difference between Cross-posting and Multi-posting Cross-posting = You send one posting to several newsgroups. Multi-posting = You send several postings (with the same content) to several newsgroups. -- Best Regards Christian Goeller Some misspellings, grammatical or linguistical mistakes found? All corrections would be appreciated! ...

Post to GL
Hello I am having a problem with a setting within Great Plains 8.0 service pack 2. I have posting setup to only allow posting from the batch level for Inventory. But when you go into Inventory Batches the check box for post to gl is not marked. If I have it setup in posting to post to the gl shouldn't this check box be marked in inventory batches? -- Thanks, Brian Apples and oranges. The post to GL checkbox on the inventory batch window tells the system whether an IV transaction will post at all. The posting settings in tools --> setup --> posting tell the system w...

Intrastat posting issue
We are a UK company using intrastat. At the moment we cannot post invoices directly (thru) to the General ledger because we are getting an error saying that the 'intratsat information is missing'. When we click on an invoice that won't post in the Sales Transaction Entry screen, and click on the blue EC flag box, all the intrastat data is there and correct. Then when we post it goes through to the GL correctly. It seems that it will only post to the GL if every single line is checked (via the Blue EC flag) on the sales invoice regardless of the fact that all the date is alr...

Access 2002 bug: "dynamic" forms problem
There was no respond to my original post in microsoft.public.access.forms (May 5th 2007) about a fortnight so I try it here... ��������������������������������� A while ago we had a discussion about A2002 (sub)form which changes dynamically from code (hide/unhide controls, change subfom's width, etc.). There's a problem if I make some changes in code when the form is open: if I save changes, A2002 saves controls positions & subform's size as well. This is a BIG A2002 BUG and it's really annoying. Why Access forms don't behave as Visual Basic forms? I don't want Acc...

where is my post??
twice now I have typed up my post & sent it. So where is it? On Wed, 18 Jul 2007 08:41:36 -0700, Stapes <steve.staple@gmail.com> wrote: >twice now I have typed up my post & sent it. So where is it? On Google Groups: 1184773041.958329.270430@e16g2000pri.googlegroups.com Google's been having some problems lately, maybe it's temporarily unavailable. John W. Vinson [MVP] You mean the multiple posts with subject "Cancel = true"? I see 3 of them, and Allen Browne's already provided an answer. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I...

Report Revenue (Ties to GL) by customer country
What is the best way to develop a report that displays revenue by customer country. I need the report to tie to financials & there is some direct GL entries for deferred revenue. Many thanks, GG Hi GG, The report of revenue by customer country should be pretty easy because you have the address in the sales document. You want to be sure to info from the RM files in order to pick up any trx not entered in SOP. I am probably not understanding the question because the resolution seems pretty straightforward. What issues are you running up against? Kind regards, L...

My post not posted!
A couple of times when I've posted a reply to a recent post (same day), and later tried to view it, I found the header with a line drawn through it, and the following in the message body view pane: Message is no longer available on the server Windows Live Mail is unable to retrieve the requested message because the server no longer has the message available. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- News servers regularly expire articles as they get older to make space available for newer articles. IMAP servers can be accessed by multip...

Cannot send newsgroup post with an attachment
I can send and receive posts using Outlook Express 6 newsgroups. I do not use html. When I send a post that has an attachment, e.g. a 160kB jpg that post never shows up as having been sent. How can I fix this? regards, "nobody" I can't speak for others, but msnews has a 100KB limit. If I have a need to post a graphic, I upload it to TinyPic and post the link to it. TinyPic: http://tinypic.com/ -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "news.microsoft.com" <nobody@nowhere.com> wrote in message ...

Incorrect Prior Year Balance
I created a year-end adjusting entry in a prior year, however I was unaware that the Maintain History checkboxes for Account and Transactions in G/L Setup were unchecked. I have a correct beginning balance in the currrent year, but an incorrect ending balance in the prior year since the transaction does not show up. How can I get that entry into the old year without affecting the new year balance? I have since marked the Maintain History checkboxes in G/L Setup. My guess is to recreate and post the entry into the prior year, then create a reversing entry in the current year. Is there a...

Editing Sales Rep in a Posted Transaction
Does anyone know if there is a way to recall a transacrion just to change the associated sales rep? Hello Scarpa, You cannot change a transaction that has happened via the system's interface. You could modify the database using SQL or Access or a number of other tools... however that may not be the right thing to do. One of my clients was having this happen quite often... for example John sold it but it was rung up under Peter... so we created a return reason code for wrong sales rep... the cashier basically recalls the transaction for return.... picks the reason code and then eit...

checkbook beginning balance
Hello: I know that the proper way of entering the beginning checkbook balance in Great Plains when you first implement Great Plains and set up a checkbook is to enter the bank statement's ending balance into the Last Reconciled Balance within Checkbook Maintenance. But, is there anything "wrong" with simply entering an increase adjustment for 01/01/06 in Bank Transaction Entry with a debit and credit to the checkbook's cash account (to wash the balance) in order to get the beginning balance? (The "wash" comes about because an entry to general ledger for the...

Why my posting are not posted!
I am not sure why sometimes my postings are not posted! do you know why? Perhaps because you are using Microsoft's unreliable web interface to the newsgroup? Better to access the newsgroup directly, using a newsreader. -- David Biddulph "LABKHAND" <LABKHAND@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:635CB4A1-C4C9-4A80-AB93-3C8601E3F0DD@microsoft.com... >I am not sure why sometimes my postings are not posted! do you know why? "LABKHAND" <LABKHAND@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am not sure why sometimes my postings are...

Undo Account Balance Reconciliation
Okay, okay, I admit the first couple of times I balanced my checking account in Money 2003, I didn't understand what I was doing. As a result, my balance is nowhere near what it is on my printed statements (my credit union's QIF files do not include balance data). I've since upgraded to Money 2004 Deluxe. Is there any way I can get rid of my previous attempts to reconcile the accounts and start from scratch? Thanks! JK You can mark all transactions unreconciled. The date last balanced and the prediction of date for the next statement will be wrong. It won't matter. ...

Prior year posting 2 years
Client has 2009 open and all previous years closed. They want to post transactions to 2007. GP by default does not allow that. Is there a work around? Rich, There is no way to do this in GP out of the box. If they absolutely must post to 2007, the option I would recommend is to have the MBS Professional Services team open the 2008 year for your client, which will allow them to post to 2007, since that will now be the last closed year. Once done, the client would close 2008 again. Professional Services only does this as a consulting engagement and the cost will depend on a number of...

Money 2007 balancing = 100% CPU and not responding
When I balance my money 2007 checking account on Vista get differnece to $0 and hit next my PC goes to 100% CPU and money stops responding. Tried restoring last 4 backups - same Tried fixing the file, both 1 and 2 level - same Tried uninstalling, and reinstalling money - same It is like it cant update the transactions with the "R" I dont know if this was the cause but I was updateing online accounts and at the same time I balanced the account. Is there no offical MS support? Any help? In microsoft.public.money, Michael wrote: >When I balance my money 2007 checking account on ...

2B-Inventory December Giveaway!! (RMS/POS Add-on)
Mobile/Handheld Inventory Management & More for Microsoft Retail Management System and Microsoft Point of Sale ENTER TO WIN A FREE COPY OF 2B-INVENTORY! Register to win a FREE copy of 2B-Inventory and one year of free maintenance to be given away December 20th, 2005. Click here to register today: http://www.2Bsolutions.net/WIN.htm Mobility - Anytime, anywhere access to inventory, customer, & supplier details - even away from the store! Easy to use and manage - Simple install, built-in help file, auto save, multiple scanning modes, synchronization options (sync cable or wi...

Transactions Lost Posting to GL
We've been using Great Plains (Dynamics V9) since 9/01/06, and are having some serious problems when posting to GL. In one case, one payment of two vouchers was lost going from A/P to GL. We only print about 30 checks a week, so at the end of the month when we posted to GL and noticed the discrepancy, it was relatively easy to track down the payment that was lost. The Accounting firm that helped with the installation was of no help. Their solution was to create a journal entry, which of course brough GL up to date, but didn't solve the problem. Now this month, we're about $8,000 of...

Physical Inventory Count???
Please verify that my process of counting the physical count is correct or not. I open a count sheet for a specific supplier in physical inventory(SO Manager). Then I go to stock room and physically scan the barcodes of those items belonging to that supplier. In the meanwhile regular sale transactions, Transfers, returns are not stopped and carried through SO Manager and POS. One thing I take care of is that whenever an item is going out for selling, I scan it and then let it go. Any returns from customers are taken in through POS and is not taken into my Data Collector device. Similar ...

cleared balance does not appear while balancing acct.
Money 2004 - while trying to balance checking account the Balance Account pane (left side) does not show the cleared so far items only shows difference between statement and register. I know previous versions had these desposits and withdrawls itemized and the help video shows that it does too. Makes it difficult to narrow down discrepency when you cannot determine the type of transaction it was (check, depsosit) Any thoughts why this is not showing up? Thanks As a follow up to this question that my be related or not- when I clear and entry while balancing account it simply put...

Posting negative 401k transactions
I have a typical 401k account setup with a corresponding cash account. I am manually balancing my account at the end of the quarter. In other words, I'm not using the 401k manager or "balance an account" wizard. In my investment account, I want to buy x shares of a stock for the quarter, however the final market value decreased for the account. Normally, a stock that increased for the quarter would show as a payment in the cash account. I want to show this as a deposit. If you use the balance an account wizard, it will somehow place a negative price so that it shows up as ...

User tried posting checks to closed period.
I have a user who tried to post payables checks to a closed period. They didn't tell me about it until after they had clicked through the error. The batch is showing a status of remittance processing. It doesn't show up under post checks or print checks but it does show up under edit checks. Nothing shows up under batch recovery. Is there a way to force the transactions on through? They have already mailed the checks so we don't have the option of voiding them somehow and redoing them. Robert Fann Sorry. I luckily found the batch under process remittance and ...