Post Through GL for Apply Sales and Purchasing Documents

Allow the abitility to post Through the GL when you apply sales documents in
RM and apply purchase payments in PM

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=4e28b7fb-d4a5-4d7f-9a4b-5ce8b3f7df20&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains

Posting old bills
I am setting up Money 2006 to tract income and expenses for a rental property, but I need to back date it to 1/1/2007. How do I enter bills and deposits made in the past? Thanks Go to the account register and enter the manually. Just click on the next blank transaction and go to town. You may want to make sure you are using Advanced Register. If there are subsequent transactions already in these accounts and you have balanced the accounts to statements--as though these transactions were already entered--then you will have to adjust account beginning balances and/or Account Adjustment...

Remove white border around a color document
I have a document that is supposed to be brown. When I print, a white border appears arround the entire document. How can I remove this white border and get the full brown sheet? I've removed all borders in page layout but it still appears. Thanks Mike Many printers do not print to the edge of the paper. I believe that is the "border" you are seeing. There are several ways to get around this such as printing on larger paper and then cutting it to size, sending the job out to a commercial printer (who might do the same thing), or using colored or preprinted pa...

* OWA... (Third Post)
Microsoft? If you're concerned about security then you should respond to this question. We cannot make this OWA server available on the Internet without applying the latest SP and critical updates. =========================== Our OWA Exchange 5.5 server (Windows NT Server) recently died and we replaced it with a Windows 2000 Server. We installed Exchange 5.5 OWA then applied Exchange SP4. Everything was working until we apply Windows 2000 SP4. Everytime we logon we get "OWA was unable to get to your inbox" error. As soon as we un-installed Windows 2000 SP4, OWA wo...

How to find when an item was last purchased?
Is there Inquiry tools / reports in GP that will allow someone to find How to find when an item was last purchased (the latest date)? Specifically, our company would like to do the following: Given a list of Item number, find the last date this item has been placed on order. If someone would have a SQL query for this that'll be great. speedy - look at smarlist under purchase line items - GP stores a "last purchase date" for all items you could configure this to search for specific product or by product class etc etc Theo :) "SpeedyGonza" wrote: > Is there Inq...

To the sender of the MI5 posts
I am not sure if you read responses or (like most other spammers) just see the web as a place where you are free to say whatever you want without fear of contradiction. Who knows? Either way - this section of this site is site is specifically here so that anyone with a comment, question, point to rise, etc regarding access databases can post with the knowledge that other likeminded people may read their post. It is not here as a general forum to discuss other matters. I have no doubt that if you are blocked from posting you will see this as yet another indication that MI5 is after yo...

What's the difference between Cross-posting and Multi-posting
And thanks for the discussion earlier... although the rudeness was unneeded. Sign me, A New User (and learning from you all) rochgal, you wrote on Thu, 22 Sep 2005 14:53:03 -0700: > What's the difference between Cross-posting and Multi-posting Cross-posting = You send one posting to several newsgroups. Multi-posting = You send several postings (with the same content) to several newsgroups. -- Best Regards Christian Goeller Some misspellings, grammatical or linguistical mistakes found? All corrections would be appreciated! ...

wrong Sale Amount
I am using RMS 1.3 without any hot fix. I am facing a very strange problem in RMS HQ. One of four stores is showing excessive sale amount on daily basis and after 4 to 6 hours sales figure comes down to the normal as actual. HQ client data upload timing is fixed after one hour for each store. I have checked at store level and HQ level but found nothing wrong which may cause this problem. Any idea or solution to resolve this problem. An earlier response will be highly appreciated. Now the earlier mentioned problem becomes very worst because Sale amount in HQ is showing excessive then...

Bug? Rebuild of database lost Entourage 11.2.1 links to Word 11.2 documents
After a rebuild of the Entourage 11.2.1 database, I discovered that links from several Entourage Notes to Word 11.2 documents were gone. Does a rebuild of the database automatically wipe out ALL links among components of Entourage, Word and Excel? If so, is there any way this could be prevented by Microsoft developers in the future? Respectfully, Norm On 14/11/05 23:36, in article BF9E5F9B.113AE%nnager@vnoxsxpxaxmv.fullerton.edu, "Norman R. Nager, Ph.D." <nnager@vnoxsxpxaxmv.fullerton.edu> wrote: > After a rebuild of the Entourage 11.2.1 database, I discovered that l...

Post to GL
Hello I am having a problem with a setting within Great Plains 8.0 service pack 2. I have posting setup to only allow posting from the batch level for Inventory. But when you go into Inventory Batches the check box for post to gl is not marked. If I have it setup in posting to post to the gl shouldn't this check box be marked in inventory batches? -- Thanks, Brian Apples and oranges. The post to GL checkbox on the inventory batch window tells the system whether an IV transaction will post at all. The posting settings in tools --> setup --> posting tell the system w...

Internal Error Applying Updates
Using PS 2007 SP2 Aug, 2009 CU (i think) Twice now my schedule has stopped acceptiong updates from resources and the Updates page shows the following error "There was an internal error applying the update" The first time I restored an earlier version from the archive and manually updates the missing updates and the updates began to work again. This time I have again restored and earlier version however it still is not updating from PWA. Any help much appreciated Darrell When did you applied the CU. I have seen similar issue with another client of mine two...

How do I print excel document duplex (double sided)?
My printers is programmed for duplex/double sided, yet no matter what excel I send, it will not print double. Any hints would be appreciated. Thanks Try: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;214383 "Kangaroo" wrote: > My printers is programmed for duplex/double sided, yet no matter what excel I > send, it will not print double. Any hints would be appreciated. Thanks ...

How to save an email in My Documents?
Saving an email in My Docs. is unreadable as it goes directly as an envelope into Microsoft Picture & Fax Viewer. This is something new, and frustrating to not be able to save incoming emails . Can anyone help in remedying this, please? I am using Microsoft Outlook Express in Office 2003. Sounds like your .MSG or .EML file extension got associated with the wrong program. Go to Windows Explorer, My Docs, right-click on one of the messages and choose "Open With". Choose the program (Is it Outlook or Outlook Express?) you want to open with and check the box to alway...

Intrastat posting issue
We are a UK company using intrastat. At the moment we cannot post invoices directly (thru) to the General ledger because we are getting an error saying that the 'intratsat information is missing'. When we click on an invoice that won't post in the Sales Transaction Entry screen, and click on the blue EC flag box, all the intrastat data is there and correct. Then when we post it goes through to the GL correctly. It seems that it will only post to the GL if every single line is checked (via the Blue EC flag) on the sales invoice regardless of the fact that all the date is alr...

Access 2002 bug: "dynamic" forms problem
There was no respond to my original post in microsoft.public.access.forms (May 5th 2007) about a fortnight so I try it here... ��������������������������������� A while ago we had a discussion about A2002 (sub)form which changes dynamically from code (hide/unhide controls, change subfom's width, etc.). There's a problem if I make some changes in code when the form is open: if I save changes, A2002 saves controls positions & subform's size as well. This is a BIG A2002 BUG and it's really annoying. Why Access forms don't behave as Visual Basic forms? I don't want Acc...

applying conditional formatting
I'm trying to apply a conditional format to my table that will change the background color of ever cell that is blank to a light gray. The farmat I apply is Cell Value IS equal to and then I leave the third box blank and set the format background color to gray. Is there something wrong with the formula I created or is there something else I need to do to apply the conditional format to the table? :confused: -- shanemarkley ------------------------------------------------------------------------ shanemarkley's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid...

Report Revenue (Ties to GL) by customer country
What is the best way to develop a report that displays revenue by customer country. I need the report to tie to financials & there is some direct GL entries for deferred revenue. Many thanks, GG Hi GG, The report of revenue by customer country should be pretty easy because you have the address in the sales document. You want to be sure to info from the RM files in order to pick up any trx not entered in SOP. I am probably not understanding the question because the resolution seems pretty straightforward. What issues are you running up against? Kind regards, L...

where is my post??
twice now I have typed up my post & sent it. So where is it? On Wed, 18 Jul 2007 08:41:36 -0700, Stapes <steve.staple@gmail.com> wrote: >twice now I have typed up my post & sent it. So where is it? On Google Groups: 1184773041.958329.270430@e16g2000pri.googlegroups.com Google's been having some problems lately, maybe it's temporarily unavailable. John W. Vinson [MVP] You mean the multiple posts with subject "Cancel = true"? I see 3 of them, and Allen Browne's already provided an answer. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I...

Dates in Sales and Purchase Orders
Hello. Great Plains 7.5 SP6 on SQL 2000. I am curious to know what others do in regards to dates in SOP and POP. If you have an unknown date (say a vendor ship date, vendor promise date, customer requested ship date, etc.) what do you do? We use a series of "fudge" dates now in GP, which I know has to stop. To illustrate what I mean: for safety stock, a fake order is created with 1/1/1980 as the requested ship date. For a debit memo, a to be released order or PO, or an unknown date, a 2022 date is used. Can I just leave it blank if it's unknown? How would that affect other...

My post not posted!
A couple of times when I've posted a reply to a recent post (same day), and later tried to view it, I found the header with a line drawn through it, and the following in the message body view pane: Message is no longer available on the server Windows Live Mail is unable to retrieve the requested message because the server no longer has the message available. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- News servers regularly expire articles as they get older to make space available for newer articles. IMAP servers can be accessed by multip...

Changing margins on different pages in document templates.
I was wondering how you change the margins for different pages in a template. Specifically, my firm is using a letterhead for the first page but blank pages after that so the header and footer margins on the first page ONLY must be larger than normal, while the following pages are fine with default settings for the margins. How do you do this and save it as a template? See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Letterhead.htm, especially the "More complex letterhead" section. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://wo...

Cannot send newsgroup post with an attachment
I can send and receive posts using Outlook Express 6 newsgroups. I do not use html. When I send a post that has an attachment, e.g. a 160kB jpg that post never shows up as having been sent. How can I fix this? regards, "nobody" I can't speak for others, but msnews has a 100KB limit. If I have a need to post a graphic, I upload it to TinyPic and post the link to it. TinyPic: http://tinypic.com/ -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "news.microsoft.com" <nobody@nowhere.com> wrote in message ...

Editing Sales Rep in a Posted Transaction
Does anyone know if there is a way to recall a transacrion just to change the associated sales rep? Hello Scarpa, You cannot change a transaction that has happened via the system's interface. You could modify the database using SQL or Access or a number of other tools... however that may not be the right thing to do. One of my clients was having this happen quite often... for example John sold it but it was rung up under Peter... so we created a return reason code for wrong sales rep... the cashier basically recalls the transaction for return.... picks the reason code and then eit...

How to add SY03900 table in the Sales Report?
Dynamics GP Sales Order line item descriptions are limited to 100 characters only. Our company needs more than that and we decided to enter it in the Item Notes field. We are not using the Line Item Notes field when we create quotations as we have other usage for that as well. My question is, how do I add and print the Item Notes field in the customized Quotation Form when I can't seem to add table SY03900 in the report itself? Please help! Hi Derf, Since you have mentioned that you want to show the Item Notes in Customized Quotation Form, I assume that you are working on a 3rd ...

How do i turn a publisher document into wallpaper?
I have just made a collage of my 2 week old daughter Grace and would like to set it as wallpaper on the computer for her daddy. Not inside of Publisher. You need a graphic, not a document. If you'd like, I seem to have a LOT of spare time, you are welcome to send me the photos and I can save it in a format for you. I can even have it done for you by tomorrow. :-) -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Lisa" <Lisa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1A5F61A5-0813-4BC9-9F3E-EA0AED163D3C@microsoft.com... >I have just made a collage of my 2 week ...

Help with saving and loading documents
I have an MFC program that implements a small database using the "explorer-style" interface. The left view is a tree showing client names, and the right side is a data window where information about each client can be edited. This is my first Windows program, going cold turkey, but I am happy to report it works very nicely. All that remains is to implement saving and loading the document. The way my project is set up, I will using on-disk XML files and I already have a class that interfaces with the XML document in an easy way. I have two problems: 1) When I do a file-save in m...