Post date EFT payments

Hello All,

Does anyone have access to this Techknowledge Document ID 33794? I am unable
to locate it.

We are on V10 and this is still an issue. Does anyone know if there is a fix?

The only workarounds I can think of is changing the system date or manually
changing the date on the upload file.

Thanks
Daniel

"Joyce Furry" wrote:

> Problem:  The effective date of the batch pulls from the date the EFT file is
> generated.  The effective date of the batch SHOULD BE the check date of the
> batch.
>
> Therefore, if we generate a file on Wednesday with a supposed paydate of
> Friday, we are charged by our bank on Wednesday and our vendors are paid in
> advance.
>
> The problem is documented in Techknowledge Document ID 33794.  As of the
> last review date of 8/2/2005, the problem is not currently scheduled for a
> fix.  If you feel this should be corrected, please vote for it!!
>
> ----------------
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=b15401e7-a493-4d88-b423-d5eaad5390b5&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains

I think KB articles a 6 digit numbers. Are you trying to post date EFT
payments so that they are a different date than was entered as the payment
date in AR?

"Daniel" wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> Does anyone have access to this Techknowledge Document ID 33794? I am unable
> to locate it.
>
> We are on V10 and this is still an issue. Does anyone know if there is a fix?
>
> The only workarounds I can think of is changing the system date or manually
> changing the date on the upload file.
>
> Thanks
> Daniel
>
> "Joyce Furry" wrote:
>
> > Problem:  The effective date of the batch pulls from the date the EFT file is
> > generated.  The effective date of the batch SHOULD BE the check date of the
> > batch.
> >
> > Therefore, if we generate a file on Wednesday with a supposed paydate of
> > Friday, we are charged by our bank on Wednesday and our vendors are paid in
> > advance.
> >
> > The problem is documented in Techknowledge Document ID 33794.  As of the
> > last review date of 8/2/2005, the problem is not currently scheduled for a
> > fix.  If you feel this should be corrected, please vote for it!!
> >
> > ----------------
> >
> > http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=b15401e7-a493-4d88-b423-d5eaad5390b5&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains

Sorry,

I didn't read far enough down.

Leslie

"Daniel" wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> Does anyone have access to this Techknowledge Document ID 33794? I am unable
> to locate it.
>
> We are on V10 and this is still an issue. Does anyone know if there is a fix?
>
> The only workarounds I can think of is changing the system date or manually
> changing the date on the upload file.
>
> Thanks
> Daniel
>
> "Joyce Furry" wrote:
>
> > Problem:  The effective date of the batch pulls from the date the EFT file is
> > generated.  The effective date of the batch SHOULD BE the check date of the
> > batch.
> >
> > Therefore, if we generate a file on Wednesday with a supposed paydate of
> > Friday, we are charged by our bank on Wednesday and our vendors are paid in
> > advance.
> >
> > The problem is documented in Techknowledge Document ID 33794.  As of the
> > last review date of 8/2/2005, the problem is not currently scheduled for a
> > fix.  If you feel this should be corrected, please vote for it!!
> >
> > ----------------
> >
> > http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=b15401e7-a493-4d88-b423-d5eaad5390b5&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains

Posting old bills
I am setting up Money 2006 to tract income and expenses for a rental property, but I need to back date it to 1/1/2007. How do I enter bills and deposits made in the past? Thanks Go to the account register and enter the manually. Just click on the next blank transaction and go to town. You may want to make sure you are using Advanced Register. If there are subsequent transactions already in these accounts and you have balanced the accounts to statements--as though these transactions were already entered--then you will have to adjust account beginning balances and/or Account Adjustment...

Spin Box with Dates and Lookup
Hi, I'm trying to design a spin box function which pulls in data from monthly tabs, the month being determined by a spin box. I have monthly tabs Jan-10 to Dec-10 all containing an identical table with different data in. The user needs to be able to change the month of lookup using a spin box function but I cant get it to work properly. Thanks in anticipation. Hi, You are not very clear about your question. Anyways, try this Right click on the spin control box which you have drawn ad give the lower and upper limits are 1 and 12 respectively. In the cell link box, ...

* OWA... (Third Post)
Microsoft? If you're concerned about security then you should respond to this question. We cannot make this OWA server available on the Internet without applying the latest SP and critical updates. =========================== Our OWA Exchange 5.5 server (Windows NT Server) recently died and we replaced it with a Windows 2000 Server. We installed Exchange 5.5 OWA then applied Exchange SP4. Everything was working until we apply Windows 2000 SP4. Everytime we logon we get "OWA was unable to get to your inbox" error. As soon as we un-installed Windows 2000 SP4, OWA wo...

To the sender of the MI5 posts
I am not sure if you read responses or (like most other spammers) just see the web as a place where you are free to say whatever you want without fear of contradiction. Who knows? Either way - this section of this site is site is specifically here so that anyone with a comment, question, point to rise, etc regarding access databases can post with the knowledge that other likeminded people may read their post. It is not here as a general forum to discuss other matters. I have no doubt that if you are blocked from posting you will see this as yet another indication that MI5 is after yo...

What's the difference between Cross-posting and Multi-posting
And thanks for the discussion earlier... although the rudeness was unneeded. Sign me, A New User (and learning from you all) rochgal, you wrote on Thu, 22 Sep 2005 14:53:03 -0700: > What's the difference between Cross-posting and Multi-posting Cross-posting = You send one posting to several newsgroups. Multi-posting = You send several postings (with the same content) to several newsgroups. -- Best Regards Christian Goeller Some misspellings, grammatical or linguistical mistakes found? All corrections would be appreciated! ...

How to assign Sate and Local Tax payments to the previous year?
I cannot assign state & local tax payments to the previous year. I can assign Federal tax payments to the previous year. When entering a federal tax payment I get a box that asks me what year the tax payment should be assigned to. I can also right click on the payment in the account and I get an option to assign to a specific tax year. None of these options are available when the subcategory Sate and Local taxes is selected. This seems very odd. Any help is appreciated. In microsoft.public.money, sjmnyc wrote: >I cannot assign state & local tax payments to the previous y...

Post to GL
Hello I am having a problem with a setting within Great Plains 8.0 service pack 2. I have posting setup to only allow posting from the batch level for Inventory. But when you go into Inventory Batches the check box for post to gl is not marked. If I have it setup in posting to post to the gl shouldn't this check box be marked in inventory batches? -- Thanks, Brian Apples and oranges. The post to GL checkbox on the inventory batch window tells the system whether an IV transaction will post at all. The posting settings in tools --> setup --> posting tell the system w...

Intrastat posting issue
We are a UK company using intrastat. At the moment we cannot post invoices directly (thru) to the General ledger because we are getting an error saying that the 'intratsat information is missing'. When we click on an invoice that won't post in the Sales Transaction Entry screen, and click on the blue EC flag box, all the intrastat data is there and correct. Then when we post it goes through to the GL correctly. It seems that it will only post to the GL if every single line is checked (via the Blue EC flag) on the sales invoice regardless of the fact that all the date is alr...

Julian Dates?
Hi - i bet this is simple - but how do i convert NOW() ... or TODAY() into a julian date like 31206 (day 312, year 06) thanks Worksheet and macro solutions posted by Myrna Larson 1999-06-11 http://groups.google.com/groups?oi=djq&ic=1&selm=an_488468851 --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm Search Page: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/search.htm "ElBozo" <kobebus@verizon.net> wrote in message news:FMgih.5223$4Q6.1916@trnddc06... > Hi - i bet this is simple - but how do i conv...

Access 2002 bug: "dynamic" forms problem
There was no respond to my original post in microsoft.public.access.forms (May 5th 2007) about a fortnight so I try it here... ��������������������������������� A while ago we had a discussion about A2002 (sub)form which changes dynamically from code (hide/unhide controls, change subfom's width, etc.). There's a problem if I make some changes in code when the form is open: if I save changes, A2002 saves controls positions & subform's size as well. This is a BIG A2002 BUG and it's really annoying. Why Access forms don't behave as Visual Basic forms? I don't want Acc...

where is my post??
twice now I have typed up my post & sent it. So where is it? On Wed, 18 Jul 2007 08:41:36 -0700, Stapes <steve.staple@gmail.com> wrote: >twice now I have typed up my post & sent it. So where is it? On Google Groups: 1184773041.958329.270430@e16g2000pri.googlegroups.com Google's been having some problems lately, maybe it's temporarily unavailable. John W. Vinson [MVP] You mean the multiple posts with subject "Cancel = true"? I see 3 of them, and Allen Browne's already provided an answer. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I...

Silly date/text question
Hi- is there an easy way to show dates/text with the day eg. July 17th similar to Word 2k format eg July 17th . Currently cut/paste from Word 2k - to get raised 'th' or 'rd' or 'nd' etc. TIA Dan In custom format use mmmm dt\h >-----Original Message----- >Hi- is there an easy way to show dates/text with the day eg. July 17th >similar to Word 2k format eg July 17th . Currently cut/paste from Word 2k - >to get raised 'th' or 'rd' or 'nd' etc. >TIA >Dan > > >. > Are you looking for the th, rd, nd stuff or are ...

Date Formatting #11
Can someone help me with my date formatting problem? I want to enter a date as text as in: January 25, 2001 and want Excel to display the date as: 1/25/01. I have tried using a date format but when I type the date in as text it is just displayed as i typed it in (January 25, 2001) Thanks to anyone who can help. :) format the cell as custom and in the input box type m/d/y -- MACRE ----------------------------------------------------------------------- MACRE0's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1084 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showt...

Automaticly change Void date to system date when Voiding document
When voiding payable documents Checks/Vouchers. When the use clicks the check box change the Void Date and Post date to the system date. This will stop user for getting the error that the period is closed or posting to the incorrect period. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" ...

Dates in Sales and Purchase Orders
Hello. Great Plains 7.5 SP6 on SQL 2000. I am curious to know what others do in regards to dates in SOP and POP. If you have an unknown date (say a vendor ship date, vendor promise date, customer requested ship date, etc.) what do you do? We use a series of "fudge" dates now in GP, which I know has to stop. To illustrate what I mean: for safety stock, a fake order is created with 1/1/1980 as the requested ship date. For a debit memo, a to be released order or PO, or an unknown date, a 2022 date is used. Can I just leave it blank if it's unknown? How would that affect other...

Re-format date (mm/dd/yyyy into dd/mm/yyyy)
Hi All, Could someone help me with the following: I have a range of dates which I want to convert from mm/dd/yyyy into dd/mm/yyyy, my formula (=MID(T1474,LEN(T1474)-6,2)&"/"&LEFT(T1474,2)&"/"&RIGHT(T1474,4)) works for most of the dates though in case of 1/12/2007 where the month only has one position (instead of 01) my formula takes "1/" for mm (instead of "01") Can one of you advice how to capture this issue in my (or a different) formula? Many thanks!!!! Rgds, Robert You could try: Data > Text to Columns > Next > Next >...

My post not posted!
A couple of times when I've posted a reply to a recent post (same day), and later tried to view it, I found the header with a line drawn through it, and the following in the message body view pane: Message is no longer available on the server Windows Live Mail is unable to retrieve the requested message because the server no longer has the message available. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- News servers regularly expire articles as they get older to make space available for newer articles. IMAP servers can be accessed by multip...

Cannot send newsgroup post with an attachment
I can send and receive posts using Outlook Express 6 newsgroups. I do not use html. When I send a post that has an attachment, e.g. a 160kB jpg that post never shows up as having been sent. How can I fix this? regards, "nobody" I can't speak for others, but msnews has a 100KB limit. If I have a need to post a graphic, I upload it to TinyPic and post the link to it. TinyPic: http://tinypic.com/ -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "news.microsoft.com" <nobody@nowhere.com> wrote in message ...

Editing Sales Rep in a Posted Transaction
Does anyone know if there is a way to recall a transacrion just to change the associated sales rep? Hello Scarpa, You cannot change a transaction that has happened via the system's interface. You could modify the database using SQL or Access or a number of other tools... however that may not be the right thing to do. One of my clients was having this happen quite often... for example John sold it but it was rung up under Peter... so we created a return reason code for wrong sales rep... the cashier basically recalls the transaction for return.... picks the reason code and then eit...

How do you sort the data by the month of the date?
Hi, The file has date formate as MM/DD/YYYY and I want to keep it that way. Is there anyway the file can be sorted by only MM? I am trying to sort by Jan, Feb, March...... November, December together. Thanks, Saz Using a helper column is one way. With your data in A1 down put this in B1 and drag down =MONTH(A1) Select columns A&B and sort by column B. Mike "Saz" wrote: > Hi, The file has date formate as MM/DD/YYYY and I want to keep it > that > way. Is there anyway the file can be sorted by only MM? I am trying > to > sort by Jan, Feb, March...... November...

Why my posting are not posted!
I am not sure why sometimes my postings are not posted! do you know why? Perhaps because you are using Microsoft's unreliable web interface to the newsgroup? Better to access the newsgroup directly, using a newsreader. -- David Biddulph "LABKHAND" <LABKHAND@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:635CB4A1-C4C9-4A80-AB93-3C8601E3F0DD@microsoft.com... >I am not sure why sometimes my postings are not posted! do you know why? "LABKHAND" <LABKHAND@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am not sure why sometimes my postings are...

Display Date on Chart
Hello all, Is there a way to link a chart to a cell on a spreadsheet that contains the date? What I want to do is generate weekly charts on production data, and pick up the date that's put in a cell and display it either in the chart title or near it. Can that be done? Thanks, Brian You can use a shape from the drawing toolbar>select it>in the formula box type in =$d$18 if cell d18 contains the date -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "diablo" <nomail@mail.not> wrote in message news:%23iyTeDyCHHA.3660@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > He...

Prior year posting 2 years
Client has 2009 open and all previous years closed. They want to post transactions to 2007. GP by default does not allow that. Is there a work around? Rich, There is no way to do this in GP out of the box. If they absolutely must post to 2007, the option I would recommend is to have the MBS Professional Services team open the 2008 year for your client, which will allow them to post to 2007, since that will now be the last closed year. Once done, the client would close 2008 again. Professional Services only does this as a consulting engagement and the cost will depend on a number of...

Transactions Lost Posting to GL
We've been using Great Plains (Dynamics V9) since 9/01/06, and are having some serious problems when posting to GL. In one case, one payment of two vouchers was lost going from A/P to GL. We only print about 30 checks a week, so at the end of the month when we posted to GL and noticed the discrepancy, it was relatively easy to track down the payment that was lost. The Accounting firm that helped with the installation was of no help. Their solution was to create a journal entry, which of course brough GL up to date, but didn't solve the problem. Now this month, we're about $8,000 of...

Date formulas #4
Hi all What is the formula (is there a formula) to display the Week number? Trying to set up a spreadsheet which runs from first to last day of each month but automatically fills in a 5 week rota. Sorchaainne Wrote: > Hi all > What is the formula (is there a formula) to display the Week number? > Trying to set up a spreadsheet which runs from first to last day o > each > month but automatically fills in a 5 week rota. Try WEEKNUM functio -- Paul Sheppar ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Paul Sheppard's Profile: http://www.excelfor...