Portal Workflow

I have an intermittant problem showing up in Workflows (BP2.7 GP8 sp4a). Most
times HR or Payroll dept changes go through fine, but sometimes one gets
stuck.
Go to ->Site Settings>Application Settings>Workflow>Process Log. When this
happens "End"  and resubmit fixes it. Once, I had Microsoft helped me clear
the tables when "End" did not work". What might be causing this?

   Comments Tab
   Network   The system encountered the following error while processing your
   Service     request: Activity could not be executed. An error occured
saving
   Account    changes to EmployeeProfile through WorkFlow - Employee
Information
                   could not be saved to the database., 8/17/2006 8:03:03 AM
   ***
   Network   The system encountered the following error while processing your
   Service     request: Activity could not be executed. An error occured
saving
   Account    changes to EmployeeProfile through WorkFlow – Employee
Information
                  could not be saved to the database., 8/18/2006 7:37:40 AM
   ***
   Employee    Submitted by: xxxxx\EmployeeName
   Name
DavidM (290)

------=_NextPart_0001_407C1D45

Hi David,

This is Terry. I can help with your Human Resource/Payroll question.

We had an issue where if a change on the employee card had been submitted
so it was in process through workflow.

If you then made a change to the card in the back office, it caused a
problem in workflow.  This was on 2.5 and 2.7.

We fixed this in 3.0.

So yes I could see this being a problem, but it should be fixed on 3.0.

Let me know, thanks

Microsoft Online Support Engineer

PLEASE NOTE:  The partner managed newsgroups are provided to assist with
break/fix issues and simple how to questions.

We also love to hear your product feedback!

Let us know what you think by posting from the web interface: Partner
Feedback from your newsreader:
microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback.

We look forward to hearing from you!

------=_NextPart_0001_407C1D45

\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 Hi David,
\par
\par This is Terry. I can help with your Human Resource/Payroll question.
\par
\par We had an issue where if a change on the employee card had been submitted so it was in process through workflow.
\par
\par If you then made a change to the card in the back office, it caused a problem in workflow.  This was on 2.5 and 2.7.
\par
\par We fixed this in 3.0.
\par
\par So yes I could see this being a problem, but it should be fixed on 3.0.
\par
\par Let me know, thanks
\par
\par Microsoft Online Support Engineer
\par
\par
\par ==============================================
\par
\par PLEASE NOTE:  The partner managed newsgroups are provided to assist with break/fix issues and simple how to questions.
\par
\par We also love to hear your product feedback!
\par
\par Let us know what you think by posting from the web interface: Partner Feedback from your newsreader:  microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback.
\par
\par We look forward to hearing from you!
\par
\par
\par When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader
\par
\par so that others may learn and benefit from this issue.
\par
\par
\par
\par
\par
\par
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_407C1D45--

0
theley (27)
8/21/2006 6:02:46 PM
Well, I guess I'll have to tell the users to put up with it for now. It'll
probaby be the end of the year before we have 3.0 in place.

"Terry Heley MSFT" wrote:

> Hi David,
>
> This is Terry. I can help with your Human Resource/Payroll question.
>
> We had an issue where if a change on the employee card had been submitted
> so it was in process through workflow.
>
> If you then made a change to the card in the back office, it caused a
> problem in workflow.  This was on 2.5 and 2.7.
>
> We fixed this in 3.0.
>
> So yes I could see this being a problem, but it should be fixed on 3.0.
>
> Let me know, thanks
>
> Microsoft Online Support Engineer

> PLEASE NOTE:  The partner managed newsgroups are provided to assist with
> break/fix issues and simple how to questions.
>
> We also love to hear your product feedback!
>
> Let us know what you think by posting from the web interface: Partner
> Feedback from your newsreader:
> microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback.
>
> We look forward to hearing from you!

> When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader
>
> so that others may learn and benefit from this issue.

DavidM (290)

Business Portal with a Mac
Is there anyway to access Business Portal with a Mac? Thanks, KJ Not directly. You need a Windows pc running IE 6 or above. The only way to use a Mac would be to connect to a Citrix server and then connect to Business Portal through it. -- Charles Allen, MVP "KJ" wrote: > Is there anyway to access Business Portal with a Mac? > > Thanks, > KJ > > ...

Automated workflow
Hello all, Is there any way to have a workflow to run everyday at a certain time ? I have a custom entity and I want an email to be sent 3 days before a scheduled end date. I have my workflow working, but I must apply the rule manually on every "DanCustomEntity" to work. I'm quite convinced there is a better way with Dynamics 3.0 Thanks ALOT in advance. Dan. You can accomplish this by creating a Create workflow rule for your custom entity. Then use a "Wait for Timer" condition to sent the email 3 days before the scheduled end date. Take a look at this thread: ...

moving Business Portal
Hello: In order to move Business Portal's databases to a new SQL server, are the proper steps to create the databases on the new server through Business Portal and then restore the data from the old server into the databases on the new server? childofthe1980s childofthe1980s, The following links should describe how to do that. CustomerSource: https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/KBDisplay.aspx?WTNTZSMNWUKNTMMYSZRRNOTTUKOOSTLLYLNNTLXKQNVMZWVWLYVOYOXUPNSSTZRK PartnerSource: https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/KBDisplay.aspx?WTNTZSMNWUKNTMMYSZRRNOTTUKOOSTLLYLNNTLXKQNVMZWVW...

Workflow to populate marketing list
Hello... I'm trying to create a workflow that would essentially add an account to a marketing list when a certain data field is filled in the account form. For example, let's say that when I enter "Medical" in a custom field I've created called "Core Buisness", this account will be added to the "Medical" marketing list, which already exists. I've seen that it's possible to create a new marketing list through a workflow but is it possible to add Accounts to an existing one? Thanks for you help! On May 22, 1:20=A0pm, Charle...

Business Portal #17
Does anyone try to develop a page on top of Business Portal? My case as below: a) Create new login page instead of using Windows Authentication Windows b) Pop up a list of customer's account that allow users to select which account that they want to use . c) After the selection, the system will login to Business Portal automatically. For item (c), is there any BP web service that allow developer to use for login automatically? Thanks. Jim ...

Control of what Input Set Shows in Workflow
User would like to only have a specific input set show in workflow. Users may have access to multiple but she would only like to show 1 in there that is active or up for approval. ...

Business Portal and Sharepoint Portal Server
I followed the instructions in the White Paper to allow these two to coexist on the same server. Unfortunately now the Office 2003 Shared Workplace side bar only works with the Business Portal WSS site and not with any of the sites which form part of SPS. Urgent assistance needed... ...

Business Portal
Business Portal - Automatic Synchronisation of Portal Roles with AD Groups Although you can import AD User Groups into business portal role, there is no way of synchronising membership. This would be pretty handy, and if you include it, it prevents me from having to write it myself. thanks ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-b...

Business Portal Users & Logins
Hi, I've just installed Business Portal and find that if I browse to the site while logged in as a user who does not have access to the site, a confusing ASPNET error is produced. The ideal solution would be for the site to prompt for a username and password if the currently logged on user did not have access. Anyone know how to set this up? Thanks. -- Not to worry... I just turned off Integrated Authentication in IIS. -- "jamesspelt" wrote: > Hi, > > I've just installed Business Portal and find that if I browse to the site > while logged in as a...

Building Workflow Triggers for Multiple Opportunity Types
I am implementing 3 different sales processes all of which should be triggered based on a custom field I created called OpportunityType (a picklist). Within the picklist I have approximately 6 opporunity types. I have been trying to build a rule that says the following: If OpportunityType = A,B,C Then uses Sales Process A If OpportunityType = D, E Then use Sales Process B If OpportunityType = H Then use Sales Process C Building each of the sales process is not a problem. However, building the intelligence to automate this has been a challenge. The workflow needs to be automatic with...

Create User Business Portal 10.0
Actually I have an issue with BP 10 creating a user, well I created the user under WSS 3.0 and the BP part, however when the user open the page it got an error from WSS 3.0, when I review the server log I got this message: UserManager VerifyUser 254 GCARMELO\apena is not in UserWindowsIdentity table Do I missing something here ?? any help I will appreciate. Thanks Miguel, Thanks for using the newsgroups. I'm not sure how your user got in this state, but we can try to fix it. The first thing I'd try is deleting and re-adding the user through the Business Portal Users page...

Notifications to a Role in Business Portal
I have BP - 4.0 installed. I am using requisition management. I have created a new role. There are 3 people assigned to the role. I can see each person in the Users and Groups and each has a valid e-mail address. The role is in the hierarchy. Whenever, I use a hierarchy that just has a user in it - the notification is sent fine. When I use the hierarchy containing the role with notifications turned on, no notification is sent to the users in the role. Am I missing something ? Do I need to setup some sort of e-mail or e-mail group for the role itself ? Thanks ...

Workflow Rule using Email Template error
I have a workflow rule that is set to send an email template on a case assign. I am able to email with setting up rules without using the template. The workflow rule fails, giving the following error message: The user I am assigning the case to does have the correct email in the primary email field. Event Type: Error Event Source: MSCRMWorkflowService Description: The description for Event ID ( 5895 ) in Source ( MSCRMWorkflowService ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You ...

Do you use Business Portal with SharePoint Portal Server?
Hi everyone -- I'm doing some background research into how customers are using Business Portal with SharePoint Portal Server. If you are using both products, I'd love to hear how you're using them together (e.g., which one you use as your main company intranet, how you've built navigation between the two, etc.) -- Post your info here and let me know if I can follow-up with you directly. If you are looking into using Business Portal with SharePoint Portal Server, but don't know where to get started, we also have some great resources for you. We have published a w...

Business Portal SDK #2
In Requisition Management in BP 3, there is no project-related data. Is it possible to use the BP SDK to add functionality directly to Req Mgmt or around it? Thank you -- Charles Allen, MVP Charles, are you using EPM like MS Project Server? -- Brett Ferguson Technology Manager www.TechnicalVelocity.com "Charles Allen" wrote: > In Requisition Management in BP 3, there is no project-related data. > > Is it possible to use the BP SDK to add functionality directly to Req Mgmt > or around it? > > Thank you > -- > Charles Allen, MVP > No, I&#...

Accessing the Business Portal with FQDN
I noticed that when accessing the business portal from a fully qualified domain name that the URL will automatically revert back to the netbios name. Some of my users are VPN users and have difficulties viewing websites that don't have fully qulified domain names. Does anyone know how to change this? Example: I type in http://BusinessPortal.domain.com/BP and press enter. The URL is then changed to http://BusinessPortal/bp/Business%20Portal%20Common%20Pages/Home.aspx What happened to domain.com? ...

Install Workflow Manager & Tools on remote workstation
I've been looking for a way to install the Workflow Manager and other CRM tools to a remote workstation (not CRM server). I want to allow make it so a CRM admin can work with the CRM system but not have access or have to terminal to the CRM server itself. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks. Chard so far this cannot be done. Many have tried and failed (myself included), if you manage to get it working then let us all know! -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions/Community/CRMFaqLanding.aspx "Chard" <msnews@anark.com> wrote in ...

Workflow Question 08-18-04
Ok so you can't create a workflow send an email to someone internal when something gets created, right? So how do they do it? Since they have those kinds of activities. Any thoughts? Sean I solved the problem by adding all my employees who need to recieve workflow messages users with out an assigned license, that way they show up in the pick lists in the workflow manager. "Sean Fullerton" wrote: > Ok so you can't create a workflow send an email to someone internal when > something gets created, right? > > So how do they do it? Since they have those k...

Upgrade path from Business Portal 2.0 to Business Portal 3.0
I am planning to upgrade next year form Great Plains 7.5 to Great Plains 9.0. I currently have Business Portal 2.0 installed. I need to be able to upgrade both Great Plains and Business Portal at the same time. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http:/...

Currency in Business Portal
Hi: I am using Business Portal 2.5 Feature Pack. It is working fine. Is there any way to hide currency Id displaying in any amount field? We are facing problem in transfering this infomation to Excel, It transters the Currency Id too, due to that Excel senses that field as a text and we cannot do any calculation on that. We have to do some extra effort in excel to make those fields as numeric or currency. Please advise. Thanks ...

Calling Custom Code/ Component in workflow
Hi All I have a workflow defined in Case where I need to call the Custom Code where I do some kind of validation check with other entity like Leads or Opportunity. How can I do it in CRM 1.2? Thanks in advance Makarand The only ay to call custom code from a workflow in CRM 1.2 is to use a PostURL action, but a major limitation is that there ie no simple way to feed information back into the workflow. The other custom code route is to use PostCallouts, but there is no eas way to integrate them into the workflow "Makarand Keer" wrote: > Hi All > > I have a workflow...

Sharepoint 2007 & Business Portal
Has anyone heard about compatibility between Sharepoint 2007 and Business Portal 3.0? ------=_NextPart_0001_09DCA553 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi Cindy - Thank you for posting to Newsgroups! Business Portal 3.0 is only compatible with Windows SharePoint Services 2.0 or SharePoint Portal Server 2003. Business Portal 4.0 will run on WSS 3.0 and on Microsoft Office SharePoint Server (MOSS) 2007. Thank you - Sarah Microsoft Online Support Engineer Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security ============================================== PLEA...

Workflow whitepaper
A simple question but one that I haven't find online... Is there a whitepaper or similar out there which describes the abilities and limitations of CRM workflow? TIA You may find this useful. It is a document Microsoft calls the Workflow Accelerator http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=8D31A81C-E369-4E07-8268-6E2407C6BF14&displaylang=en Matt Wittemann http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "JB" wrote: > A simple question but one that I haven't find online... > > Is there a whitepaper or similar out there which describes the > abilities and...

Query Error in Business Portal #2
BP 2.5. Sometimes a user, a requisition purchase, got "Query Error" when he tried to select a vendor from drop dowm list. I reboot the BP server and fixed the problem. Do you know how did it happen? How to prevent it happen again? Except reboot the BP server, should I do anything in the SQL Database server? Thank you very much. stien ...

Business Portal 2.5 to Business Portal 3.0
We had a BP 2.5 and GP 8.0 installation that I used to train myself on prior to installing for a client. We have since upgraded to Great Plains version 9. I have been tasked with getting Business Portal 3.0 installed and running internally. I removed Business Portal via Add/Remove programs, but recieved an error when removing the database objects. The GP DYNAMICS database is the incorrect version (it was upgraded). So currently I have no Business Portal 2.5 installed to upgrade (I completed the application removal process, probably a mistake) and cannot remove the current BP databa...