POP module now extremely slow on version 9.0

We have very slow performance on PA purchase orders in version 8 and after
multiple support incidences, we basically just had to live with it.  Luckily
only 1 of our 15 companies used PA and only a few POs a week were done.

Now, we go to version 9, which PA and regular POP are now merged.  We now
have the very slow performance we saw in PA, in regular POP and for ALL of
our companies.  Even the message about PA vendor info missing keeps popping
up for companies that don't even use PA.  We have to tell our users to just
clicking No on the error and keep going.  The slowness is felt most after
clicking on receive or invoice from the auto-rec and auot-inv.

If we are NOT using the alternate PA PO windows, why are we getting the
messages about PA and SLOW performance that we saw in PA?  We cannot live
with this slowness.
0
Luvsql (265)

Hi Luvsql,

I'd raise this with MBS if I were you. It seems you have a few issues
here that could be confusing things.

We are not using PA, however we have had major performance problems
with POP Auto Invoice and Receive in V9.0, we went from no noticable
delay in V7.0 to waiting over a minute on Auto-Invoice in V9.0 for
certain suppliers. The performance seems to be related to the number
of open POs on the supplier and the number of lines on each of those
POs. Many of of our supplier accounts perform fine, however our ten
mosts utilised suppliers are extremely slow and these are obviously
the ones we use most.

I've had a case open with MBS for the past 7 months on this and we
haven't really got anywhere, however, we have confirmed that all the
queries are working as designed and the correct indexes etc are being
used. It just seems as you indicated, that adding the PA code into POP
has caused performance issues.

In the V9.0 SP2 list of fixes, it mentions a performance improvement
to POP, we didn't notice any improvement, however it may be worth
trying if you're not already on SP2.

I'm afaid our ultimate solution is to throw hardware at the problem,
but it is annoying when things were fine on version 7.0.

Regards

Jon

0
jongittoes (32)
4/17/2007 8:36:15 AM
Did they ackknowledge that there was an issue?  Our citrix servers are quad
processors with 2Gb of RAM.  With only one user accessing the server, it is
still extremely slow.  It can't be a hardware issue.  Do we have to have 8
processors and 8 Gb of RAM just to be able to receive a Purchase Order?

What I believe is the issue is that PA used to use local temp files to
process certain things.  This probably still the case.

"Jon" wrote:

> Hi Luvsql,
>
> I'd raise this with MBS if I were you. It seems you have a few issues
> here that could be confusing things.
>
> We are not using PA, however we have had major performance problems
> with POP Auto Invoice and Receive in V9.0, we went from no noticable
> delay in V7.0 to waiting over a minute on Auto-Invoice in V9.0 for
> certain suppliers. The performance seems to be related to the number
> of open POs on the supplier and the number of lines on each of those
> POs. Many of of our supplier accounts perform fine, however our ten
> mosts utilised suppliers are extremely slow and these are obviously
> the ones we use most.
>
> I've had a case open with MBS for the past 7 months on this and we
> haven't really got anywhere, however, we have confirmed that all the
> queries are working as designed and the correct indexes etc are being
> used. It just seems as you indicated, that adding the PA code into POP
> has caused performance issues.
>
> In the V9.0 SP2 list of fixes, it mentions a performance improvement
> to POP, we didn't notice any improvement, however it may be worth
> trying if you're not already on SP2.
>
> I'm afaid our ultimate solution is to throw hardware at the problem,
> but it is annoying when things were fine on version 7.0.
>
> Regards
>
> Jon

0
Luvsql (265)
4/17/2007 12:38:01 PM
Hi,

Yes, MBS have been able to recreate it in their labs, so there is an
underlying issue, however we are not using PA and my particular issue
is only related to the performance of POP AutoInvoice and AutoReceive.

In our case the bottleneck is the disk on the SQL server, so the spec
of your Citrix servers would not have an impact.

Regards

Jon

0
jongittoes (32)
4/17/2007 8:46:20 PM
We have 2 clustered sql servers with SAN disks, so the processing is extreme
and the disks are even faster.

"Jon" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Yes, MBS have been able to recreate it in their labs, so there is an
> underlying issue, however we are not using PA and my particular issue
> is only related to the performance of POP AutoInvoice and AutoReceive.
>
> In our case the bottleneck is the disk on the SQL server, so the spec
> of your Citrix servers would not have an impact.
>
> Regards
>
> Jon

0
Luvsql (265)
4/17/2007 8:54:03 PM
Maybe it would be faster if you ran Remove POs to History????
Santa

"Luvsql" wrote:

> We have 2 clustered sql servers with SAN disks, so the processing is extreme
> and the disks are even faster.
>
> "Jon" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Yes, MBS have been able to recreate it in their labs, so there is an
> > underlying issue, however we are not using PA and my particular issue
> > is only related to the performance of POP AutoInvoice and AutoReceive.
> >
> > In our case the bottleneck is the disk on the SQL server, so the spec
> > of your Citrix servers would not have an impact.
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > Jon

0
Santa1 (57)

Converting Trial Version to Licensed Version
We downloaded the trial version of Visio Pro 2003. We bought a volume license from our usual vendor, got an email directing us to the eOpen website, and retrieved the product key. Every attempt to convert from the trial version using this product key results in a message that the product key is not valid. The product key is for Visio Pro 2003 Win32 English OLP NL. I have two keys, one for Office 2003 Applications and one for Office XP Applications. Neither key works. The system where the software is installed has no other Office applications installed, but it there is an instan...

Workflow generated pop-up messages
I'm using CRM3.0. I would like to know if it's possible from within workflow code (using c# code) to trigger a message (dialog box) back to the web client. So for example if a field is null, display a pop-up message dialog back to the web client such as: "You must enter a Search name before proceeding" I know it's possible to perform validation from within Workflow manager, however the workflow Manager as far as I know, cannot send dialog box pop-up messages back to a Web client. Note that using client side scripting event triggers is not suitable in this situation, ...

Windows 7 dual versions of same file simultaneously present
I am running Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit. I have a situation in which two versions of a file are simultaneously present and available to programs. Thre is a text file in a program directory from which error message are read. When I run the program I get an error message "Error 1234". When I edit the message file in a text editor this line does not exist. There is a new line present "New Error mesage 1234" - as there is suppose to be as I have just copied across the latest updated files. However if I edit the file using a cygwin command (e.g. 'ed' th...

WSUS 3.0 on SQL 2005 and SBS 2003 R2
Hello all, did some searching on a new situation but did not find specific info... SBS 2003 R2 Premium, ISA installed 2 NICs all patched up... Original installation did not include WSUS 2.0 , we now want to install WSUS 3.0 on the SBS Server but want it to be on SQL Server 2005. How do I create an instance in SQL to prepare it for WSUS 3.0 installation? I also need the DB to be placed on another Drive/Partition if possible. Thanks, Dan "Daniel Jewel" <cyberdudeiq@yahoo.com.br> wrote in message news:eLeT#pYsKHA.4360@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hello...

some type of pop up blocker
When i try to access certain areas of CRM 3.0, there is some type of pop up blocker or something that will not let the next window open. I have disabled my pop up blocker but it still occurs. When i put the mouse pointer in front of the pop up blocker message, it states no pop ups were blocked. Some have worked by holding down ctrl or alt but others will not open the new window. Any ideas or suggestions? MT - if you have any toolbars installed in IE (google, MSN, yahoo, etc) uninstall them. there are lots of reported cases where disabling them isn't good enough, you need to un...

Mass Deletion in CRM 3.0
Is there any way to delete more than 250 contacts at once? Thanks in advance, not from CRM but if you are very good in sql server and if you can understand the CRM database very well you can easily do it from SQL server -- vilas "CPW" wrote: > Is there any way to delete more than 250 contacts at once? > > Thanks in advance, As far as I know, the only way to do that is the SDK! Markus (from Germany) Thanks - I did some additional searching and I saw a posting that said you 'can' set the DeletionStateCode = 2 for records in the SQL database and the ...

CByteBuffer implementation passed between modules
Hello, we have created a CByteBuffer class. It stores an abitrary number of bytes on the heap. Simplified: class CByteBuffer { public: CByteBuffer() { m_pBuf = NULL; } ; Set (LPVOID p, size_t size) { m_pBuf = new BYTE[size]; memcpy (m_pBuf, p, size); }; ~CByteBuffer() { if (m_pBuf) delete[] m_pBuf; }; protected: LPBYTE m_pBuf; } The issue is this class is compiled into both MyExe.exe and MyDLL.dll. MyExe.exe depends on MyDLL.dll. MyExe creates an instance of CByteBuffer and passes it to MyDLL to be filled. Th...

Adobe Writer 6.0
I want to take the Adobe Writer 6.0 option out of Excel 2003. Is there any way to do this without uninstalling it from all of the other applications? --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

pop sound !
I get a pop sound and I checked to find its a "system notification" well nothing shows up on the screen so where can I check to see what its trying to notify me of ? sixpack wrote: > I get a pop sound and I checked to find its a "system notification" > well nothing shows up on the screen so where can I check to see > what its trying to notify me of ? How did you find it was a 'system notification'? -- Shenan Stanley MS-MVP -- How To Ask Questions The Smart Way http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html So are you te...

POP3 Connector "Retrieve Now" option
Why do I have a "Retrieve Now" option on one of my SBS 2000 servers but not on another? What file(s) can I copy from the one that has it to the one that is missing it? I use POP3 ONLY for a single global mailbox as a backup to my main incoming mail server. The POP3 mailbox is the secondary MX record on the domain; that way, if I take down my server, any incoming mail will accumulate in the POP3 mailbox until the server is back up and checks it again. It makes troubleshooting POP3 VERY difficult because the minimum time on the Schedule option is 15 minutes, so I have to wait 15 minu...

Signatures from old version of OL2007 to new version
Me again different question. (Thanks for all the other help!) I copied from my old OL2007 all my signatures that I found in user>apps>roaming> microsoft>signatures. Now I want to copy them to the new version, but I cant find the correct loctaion to copy them to. I have veiws set to show hiden files. Any ideas as to where I should copy them? Andy. Which "New version" are you referring too? Outlook 2007 is the latest version. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Ad...

Compile error in hidden module: ThisWorkbook
How to Correct the "Compile error in hidden module: ThisWorkbook"? When opening Excel 2003, now, for whatever reason, I receive a dialog box, immediately upon opening the program, with the message "Compile error in hidden module: ThisWorkbook" What needs to be done, to correct this?? Could be this error. See KB article http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q307410 The PDFMaker.xla and maybe PDFMaker.dot are stored in your Office\XLSTART folder or in the Excel\XLSTART folder. Any files in these folders will open with Excel. You must remove them from...

IBF for Microsoft CRM now available
Great news to pass along. After a much longer wait than anyone imagined, our IBF solution for Microsoft CRM is now available. It took us a ton of work to get the performance and security of this solution right, but I think you'll find it's well worth the wait! The number of new scenarios enabled and the ability to access Microsoft CRM data from directly inside of your favorite Microsoft Office applications is really compelling. You can download the solution from: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=332BEFFB-4492-40D7-8CE0-995489909B6A&displaylang=en Join me...

EFT transaction file generation on Microsoft Dynamics GP 10.0
Customers find it inefficient that Microsoft Dynamics GP 10.0 creates one transaction file per unique check batch. They prefer the design of previous versions with which they are able to generate only one transaction file for multiple payment batches on the Generate EFT Files window. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based New...

slow 2006
I have read Comments about the slowness of 2006. I use the small business version. What can I turn off that may speed up my program. I do use my stock portfolio quite alot and understand all stocks build up a history (for charting, etc.) which I do not use. If i delete history and turn this off, whould this help speed up other parts of the program. Is there other "extras" that I can turn off or remove that might help? Thanks. RBC In microsoft.public.money, RBC wrote: >I have read Comments about the slowness of 2006. I use the small business >version. What can I turn...

Opening a form from a Pop-up
I have a pop-up form I have created so that instructors can double-click on a user number and a New Student form is supposed to open. I have done several pop-up boxes to open other forms and they all seem to work just fine. However, on this particular pop-up, when I double-click a number, I get the following error message "The specified field '[UserNumber]" could refer to more than one table listed in the FROM clause of your SQL statement." I am using a query to draw the information and there is only one table being used in the query. When I check the SQL statemen...

Why is eveything so slow after upgrading from Excel 2000 to 2003?
I upgraded from Office 2000 to 2003. I have [fairly] large workbooks (7-10 MB) with many embedded charts and controls (i.e. lots of shapes). Following the upgrade, everyting to significantly slower. Of particular concern is the rate of simply swicthing between worksheets in a workbook. Previoulsy, I could toggle back and forth between sheets to compare charts. The transission rate is now so slow, this is no longer a practicle option. Any clues on how/if Excel 2003 can be tuned to run faster? Perhaps you can find something in http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/slowresp.htm there is ...

Upgrade from 16.0.120.621 to 16.0.120.1303?
I'm currently running Money 2007 16.0.120.621 under XP SP2. I've seen posts that reference a later version 16.0.120.1303. How can I get the update? I'm having all sorts of issues with Money closing if I do the simplest things like the menu command Help->Privacy Statement. I'm hoping an update will resolve it. Not much luck with Microsoft Technical support :) "ECD" <ECD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B77480BE-9438-47E3-BD86-EFB5DA4166A3@microsoft.com... > I'm currently running Money 2007 16.0.120.621 under XP SP2. I've...

Trend wfbs 6.0 exchange settings issue
Hi After installing Trend wfbs 6.0 service pack 1, in console when I try Security Settings->[Exchange Server Name]->Configure I get the below error. What is the problem and how can I fix it? Thanks Regards You are not authorized to view this page You do not have permission to view this directory or page due to the access control list (ACL) that is configured for this resource on the Web server. Please try the following: Contact the Web site administrator if you believe you should be able to view this directory or page. Click the Refresh button to try again wit...

Pop Up comment not popping up
All of the sudden my pop up comments stopped working. In fact my macros have errors and everything is wigging out. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to try? Thanks, Julie ** Posted via: http://www.ozgrid.com Excel Templates, Training, Add-ins & Software! http://www.ozgrid.com/Services/excel-software-categories.htm ** ...

my INBOX says I have 25 emails/0 unread
This is driving me crazy here. I can't empty my INBOX to other boxes. It says that I have emails that I cannot SEE! Then the screen freezes up on me and I have to restart the computer. Can you help? How much RAM do you have in your PC? Does this freeze up occur all the time or just reading mail. What else are you running when reading mail. Did this just start happening? >-----Original Message----- >This is driving me crazy here. I can't empty my INBOX >to other boxes. It says that I have emails that I cannot >SEE! Then the screen freezes up on me and I have to &...

best practices for Migration of Microsoft CRM from 1.2 to 3.0
I have the upcoming project to migate Microsoft CRM 1.2 to 3.0. I could setup and configure the Microsoft CRM Demo on my vitrual machine. But, I need a step by step migration plan and instrcutions to accomplish my project. Is there anyone who can help in finding such documentations and give me some advices ? I would really appreciate that. Thank you in advance for your help Here you go. Upgrading Unsupported Microsoft CRM 1.2 Environments to Microsoft CRM 3.0 http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=F3C11BF2-83B2-435C-98D3-63D221C000E7&displaylang=en Upgrading Supp...

Exchange and POP email in same profile
Gurus, Is it possible to have the Exchange address and a different POP address exist in the same profile? I ask because, while setting up a new account on a new computer, I've discovered that I cannot have the Exchange mail delivered to "Mailbox - User1" (mail left on server), and at the same time modify the POP account to have its mail delivered to the .pst on the local machine. The dialog box only wants the mail delivered to one location, for ALL accounts. Do I have to use two different profiles in this case? Using Outlook 2003 with Exchange 2003. Thanks! Yes its poss...

PoP
I am trying to get email through windows setup how do I locate my POP3 and all the other junk they ask me for? "Owner" <jonathanedwardscagle@gmail.com> wrote in message news:eTNzGkADLHA.3880@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... >I am trying to get email through windows setup how do I locate my POP3 and >all the other junk they ask me for? > You will find all the junk you need here: How to set up gmail in Windows Mail: http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=86383 -- Regards Steve. MS-MVP. MAIL. [DTS] UK. ...

Office 2004 11.1.0 update installation fails.
Tried running the 11.1.0 updater, and each time, it fails. Followed the updater instructions (including killing Office Notifications). Tried running the updater several times. Tried repairing permissions and rebooting. Tried running the updater on a clean install of Office 2004. Each time, the updater gives a dialog box that says, "An error prevented the update from completing. 11002:2,-15". Anyone seen this? Have a fix for it? I have experienced the same problem. I have not figured out how to make this work, however, I must say that my Office auto update program will not install a...