PO Printing problem

My client is on GP 8.0.44 (sp 3).  When they key in a non-inventory item,
they are allowed (before leaving the line) to change the item number and
description.  I didn't think this was ordinarily something that could be
done.  The real problem is that when they change it, what ever they
originally typed is what prints on the PO.  Has anyone seen this happen
before?
0
RudyG (7)

RudyG wrote:
> My client is on GP 8.0.44 (sp 3).  When they key in a non-inventory item,
> they are allowed (before leaving the line) to change the item number and
> description.  I didn't think this was ordinarily something that could be
> done.  The real problem is that when they change it, what ever they
> originally typed is what prints on the PO.  Has anyone seen this happen
> before?

I doubt you can change the item number, but GP will honor a changed
item desc.  I would suspect that they are changing the item number to
an item that they already have, and then it brings in the original
description.  Anyways, being able to change the description is really a
great feature of the PO entry.

0
herb5092 (14)
5/16/2006 2:31:13 AM
What I think is happening here is the 'reference' number is coming across
with the original number you typed in.  You CAN change the item number before
leaving the line because leaving the line is the action that causes the
record to commit to the database.  When you type in the item number of a
non-inventory item it copies that number to the reference number.  When you
change the item number it does not change the reference number.  To test this
put in an item number, tab of the field, go back and change the item number
and tab off the field. With the PO window open go to the 'Extras' menu - then
options.  Click on the 'Display Vendor Item' selection and I bet the
originally typed in item number will appear.  If you want the reference
number to show the changed item number you will have to change it here as
well.
"RudyG" wrote:

> My client is on GP 8.0.44 (sp 3).  When they key in a non-inventory item,
> they are allowed (before leaving the line) to change the item number and
> description.  I didn't think this was ordinarily something that could be
> done.  The real problem is that when they change it, what ever they
> originally typed is what prints on the PO.  Has anyone seen this happen
> before?
0
LeslieVail (702)

Cannot generate PO Number
Hi All, I am facing a problem with automatic generate PO Number, the application is working on this senario: SELECT ISNULL(MAX(CAST(RIGHT(PONumber, 7) AS INT)), 0) + 1 AS NextPONumber FROM PurchaseOrder WHERE ISNUMERIC(PONumber) <> 0 my max is '9999999', so it is generate a new one with PONumber = '10000000' then every time it is cannot generate a next one cause of '0000000' can anyone help me on this ? ...

PO problem
We migrated from APOP to GP POP when we upgraded to 7.5. I have about 2500 PO's that are showing closed in the system but will not transfer to history. It acts like they are moving and they don't show up in the list on the next time to remove PO's but they still show up on open PO's. I have ran ck links and found no problems. I ran reconcile and got the following message "**ERROR: Qty committed in base is greater than the qty remaining to receive." and then at the end of the report it says "Purchase Order Processing data has been damaged; please rebuild th...

problem printing to PDF
( I realize that this is more of printing newsgroup issue, but having gotten no results there (after a few days....)) ---> problem with acrobat (when printing to PDF's) not printing the value of the cell, but printing the graphic of the page (ex: lines, borders, and fill) case 1 the cell values have been formatted by VB code: none of the values print, only the graphic of the page (ex: borders etc...); if I select a cell (any cell) and reset the font (thru the usual excel / format / cells...) ; it seems to consistently be OK, and everything prints case 2 the cell values are simple cel...

Print Entire workbook problem
I've been printing multiple sheet workbooks, no problem. Then I added a new sheet, call it sheet 3. Now when I try to print "entire workbook" it prints sheets 1-2 then 4-11 then sheet 3. What's going on? If I try to print ot PDF it prints sheets 1-2, prompts to print, then sheet 3, prompts again, then 4-11, creating 3 separate pdf files. Odd thing is in both cases the printed page numbers are correct for entire workbook. Any help? Thanks, ...

Macro creating chart gallery giving problem
Hi, I have problem with a macro that creates chart gallery. I have a chart gallery file as gallery.xls. I write all the charts from this gallery to xlusrgal.xls in a macro. The macro runs fine and I get my chart styles as well. However there is a problem, when I go to Excel and create a new chart my chart styles are seen under custom types-->User defned. However I lost charts under Custom types-->Built-in. Here's the code that I am using. Application.AddChartAutoFormat sht, sht.Name,"Custom chart" Any help on this is much appreciated. I am using Excel 2003 and Windows...

window.print
I'm using XP SP3. I have a table, created with .asp, that shows up nicely on the screen, but when I print it with window.print and it extends over several pages, the entry in the 1st row, 1st column is blank on the second and subsequent pages. If I change font size, which changes the number of pages printed, the behavior stays the same: entry in 1st row, 1st column of second and subsequent pages is blank. Where do I start looking for the cause of this problem, and how can I fix it? Thanks, Gerry Metze Printer type? After clicking print did you check preferences? ...

When printing an email, the body is blank...how do I fix this?
When printing an email using Microsoft Outlook, the header, footer , subject, etc. appears but the body is blank...how do I fix this? This is really frustrating because I need paper copies of these emails on file for my work. Thank You ...

Excel to Outlook Copy/Paste Problem
Good Morning! First post on the forum! :) Our department uses Excel to track some customer information and usually need the information included in some emails I send vi Outlook. I usually copy the cells that I needed from Excel and pasted into a email in Outlook and all would be fine. The text in the cells woul paste and the gridlines would fit properly around them in the email. However, I went on vacation for a few weeks and now I am havin trouble. The text/cells I copy have plenty of space. Yet when I past them into Outlook now, the text pastes in fine, but the gridlines ar comple...

Printing booklets #3
Printing booklet on Publisher 98. Page blanks out when I try to print answering no to whether wanting to print separate -- Oldie Learner Might want to check out an updated printer driver from the manufacturer's web site. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Birkdale" <Birkdale@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3B54FE6D-AEAF-45EA-B737-E3F24554959D@microsoft.com... > Printing booklet on Publisher 98. Page blanks out when I try to print > answering no to whether wanting to print ...

Outlook 97 Startup Problems #2
I have recently started using Outlook Express as my mail service with my internet provider. They were unwilling to help me set up Outlook. In trying to start up Outlook, I am getting the following messages: Message one: Unable to open your default mail folders. Outlook could not start because a location to send and receive could not be found. It goes on to prompt me to go to my mail icon in my control panel. Message two reads: Couldn't read your internet e-mail profile. Please exit, delete the current profile and create a new one. In trying to follow the instructions in the first m...

Nickname problem
Hello, We've got some users (high-level security types) that are complaining about an option in their Outlook client's Autofill. When they address an email to someone, it shows the regular information "lastname, firstname" but then right next to it, it shows the user id, so it looks like "lastname, firstname <userid>". The security types are beating down the door to get the <userid> part removed because it compromises a level of security that we need here. Anybody know how to just have it show up with the "lastname, firstname" instea...

Adding new columns in the PO contents grid?
Can anybody tell me how I can add new columns in the PO contents grid? I need to do this so I can sort the line items on the PO print out. Or is there a way to do this in the PO.XML template? ...

Problem with buttons
Hi I have 2 workbooks to which I'm adding a button with a small macr attached (the same one on each). Using the forms toolbar, I've added a button to one of the workbooks no problem. The other is causing problems. When I open the forms toolbar it's al greyed out. The worksheet isn't protected and even the cells ar unlocked. I'm at a loss to work out what the problem is. Any ideas? Many thank -- Ceris ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Cerise's Profile: http://www.hightechtalks.com/m15 View this thread: http://www.hightechtalk...

Recipient Policies problems
Im having problems with my Recipient Policies. When I add a User ex. FIRST NAME: Jasper LAST NAME: Peterson Moore, I have made the policy to do the following: %g.%s@domain.dk so this e-mail will be jasper.petersonmoore@domain.dk. That is NOT what i want. I want it to be: jasper.moore@domain.dk, but i cannot filter the two names in the "Surname" field as far as I can see. Is there any way to do this without deleting peoples names? I do not believe you can do this. One of the problems is that there will be no consistency in the combinations possible in the last name field. ...

Toolbar Problem
I recently installed Adobe Acrobat 8.0. One of the side effects is that it adds two small toolbars on to my opening Excel template. I'd like to eliminate one of them, and move the remaining one to the right hand end of the formatting toolbar. I can do this manually, but the next time I open a workbook, it's back to the beginning. I ran msconfig | start and unchecked the Adobe files which Adobe had just added - no help. How do I make a permanent template to do what I just described? -- PT Hi PT: To remove or hide on of the toolbars on the area where the toolbars are ri...

PO Subtotal and PO Remaining Subtotal is different
Hi: I have a problem in Purchase Order. I saw today that there is a difference between PO Subtotal and PO Remaining Subtotal. This is a new PO and there is no receiving or cancelation is done. What is the reason. Thanks ...

Printing of pages
Sorry for the newbie question. Can you specify in Excel 2007, the order for pages to be printed out without manually rearranging them yourself? Thanks You could create your own macro that prints the sheets in the order you want regardless of their location on the wbook: Sub aPrint() Sheets("Sheet3").PrintOut copies:=1 Sheets("Sheet1").PrintOut copies:=1 Sheets("Sheet2").PrintOut copies:=1 End Sub -- "Actually, I *am* a rocket scientist." -- JB Your feedback is appreciated, click YES if this post helped you. "Charles Eaves" wrote: &...

printing checks #2
Cannot print personal blank checks. Using ms money 2001. Keep getting error msg "no accnts with checks to be printed". Have tried to use salvage utilty but can't get it to work. Help! This is driving me crazy! Thx,Nessa See http://www.bollar.org/msmoney/#Q91. "nessa" <gabblam@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:0b6101c38461$a60d27c0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Cannot print personal blank checks. Using ms money 2001. > Keep getting error msg "no accnts with checks to be > printed". Have tried to use salvage utilty but can't get > it to work....

Color Printing...
I have one file in Publisher that will not print in color. However, it's only from a given PC. I copied it to another PC and it printed fine. I would think it would be a PC issue, but I can print any other Publisher file from my PC to the color printer and it prints fine. It is just this file from this PC. Any ideas??? Could it just be the way the printer driver is set for this document? One thing I tend to take for granted with Publisher, but rely on a lot, is the ability to remember all the printer settings per document. So if I want to print photos on SRA3 card, I have a docum...

Print Problem
Hello I have two forms with 3 and 2 subforms respectively. I can print okay from the one with 3 subforms but the 2nd one which has only 2 sub-forms will not filter the records when i try to print one record. What clould be the diff btw the 2 and how can i correct it in the 2nd form. I would rather get it to work without having to create a report bc i am not using a query for either form. ...

Excel 97 Options Tab Problem
When I open Excel 97 click on tools -> Options it closes Excel. Is there a fix for this. I already tried deinstalling and reinstalling office 97 and I still get the same results. Maybe this is it: XL97: Page Fault or Violation When You Click Options on the Tools Menu http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;108032 sounds like it describes your Tools|Options problem (it says it was corrected in xl97 SR2). Chuck wrote: > > When I open Excel 97 click on tools -> Options it closes Excel. Is > there a fix for this. I already tried deinstalling and reins...

outlook keeps saying offline how to get over this problem?
I can not get Microsoft office outlook to open keeps saying that cannot open offline and that I can not get on line connection with it even though my internet was on line. I need this to sync my mobile urgently so anyone got any ideas????? PLEASE!! ...

Problem with SQLGetData in VC++/MFC
Hi All, I am building desktop appln. in VC++ 6/MFC with Oracle DB connection. Please see the below API which works fine on windows XP but displays some garbage value(junk chars.) when used on windows 2000, 2003 server. When SQL_BINARY datatype is changed to SQL_CHAR it is displaying correct values but the processing time of getting the data is increasing significantly(which is not avoidable). rc = SQLGetData(hStatement, 1, SQL_BINARY, vl_buf, ...

Security for the PO in the PO Preview Window
Hello: I know that, in the Security window, there is the "Document Access" Type that prevents a user from having access to POs and sales orders and so forth. But, apparently, this has no effect on the Purchase Orders Preview window. You see, there is a user who goes into SOP and utilizes the SOP to POP link to create POs. In the Purchase Orders Preview window, she has a message at the bottom of the window saying "You do not have access to this document type". And, because of this, she cannot generate a PO. She has access to the items listed in the "Document T...

Quickbooks Integration Problems..
First off, some background. My company has gone through many software changes over the 10+ years we've been in business. We started off with MS Access and Peachtree, then went to Quicksell2000/Peachtree, then Quicksell2000/Quickbooks, and finally RMS/Quickbooks. All the while, we've stuck to manually entering daily sales information into the accounting software for simplicity sake. Therefore, each software has a huge customer/vendor list with years of transaction history. Now, A year ago, I tried to integrate, and was unsuccesful. RMS pulled the lists of customers/vendor...