PO Invoice Posting Journal - Mark transactions that have had Varia

There are clients who save their posting journals who wish to in addition to
the IV Variance report have the transactions Marked that there were Purchase
Price/Cost Variances on the Purchase Order Invoice Posting Journal (when the
items received previously cost is different from the Invoiced Cost).

The desired issue is to have the report have a check mark indicating in a
column that there was a variance when the transaction was posted.

Report Writer does not allow this due to the table linking and the customer
does not want to pursue Crystal Reports options.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=76be1dbe-7b98-482d-99da-b763bff972d4&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains
0
AdamEckroth (110)

PO problem
We migrated from APOP to GP POP when we upgraded to 7.5. I have about 2500 PO's that are showing closed in the system but will not transfer to history. It acts like they are moving and they don't show up in the list on the next time to remove PO's but they still show up on open PO's. I have ran ck links and found no problems. I ran reconcile and got the following message "**ERROR: Qty committed in base is greater than the qty remaining to receive." and then at the end of the report it says "Purchase Order Processing data has been damaged; please rebuild th...

Time Sheets (Yes, I've already done a search on previous posts)
I am trying to set up a kind of unique time sheet - I want it to have 3 in/out times, and a total number of HOURS worked per day. This is what I want it to look like: B C Time In: 8:00 AM Time Out: 12:00 PM Time In: 12:30 PM Time Out: 4:00 PM Time In: 5:30 PM Time Out: 7:00 PM Total hours: _____ Could someone help me with a formula, please?:confused: -- LM813 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ LM813's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30385 View this thre...

transaction reports #2
I have MSN Money Plus, which came with Windows XP two years ago. I have no idea what version I have (probably around 2001), but I would like to simply print bank account transactions, sorted by category and date, for a period other than the 30-day and 90 day alternatives offered in the menu. Isn't there some way I can do this without exporting to excel and going through a lot of brain damage? Quicken can easily do this in a heartbeat! Isn't there supposed to be some "report" menu? Mine doesn't seem to have one. I would gladly upgrate to Money 2004 or whatever, ...

RE: Multiple Sales Transaction for Same Work Order
Jeff, Thanks for the reply. With the processing of work orders by multiple registers at the same time; how can I correct the data for the 11 work orders that I have identified? I would think that the inventory movement doubled. I would also think that the "redeemed deposits" might also be misstated. Can a custom key be created that the user could click prior to tendering the sale that would hit the database to determine if the work order was still open? While not the greatest solution, it might close the windows a little bit on the time frame that allows the p...

Cannot generate PO Number
Hi All, I am facing a problem with automatic generate PO Number, the application is working on this senario: SELECT ISNULL(MAX(CAST(RIGHT(PONumber, 7) AS INT)), 0) + 1 AS NextPONumber FROM PurchaseOrder WHERE ISNUMERIC(PONumber) <> 0 my max is '9999999', so it is generate a new one with PONumber = '10000000' then every time it is cannot generate a next one cause of '0000000' can anyone help me on this ? ...

Select Bank Transactions
Is there a plan to modify the existing Select Bank Transaction Window to include a paid to/ received from field so that we can track who a client made a payment to or received a payment from? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/B...

Adding to existing code (Clarification of earlier post)
After rereading my earlier post, I find that I wasn't very clear. I'll try again. My existing code works to give me the sum of all Weeks Service where the Department Name is equal to the Current Department Name and I do want to keep that code. In addition to that code though, I need to add, I'm guessing, an "IF Statement" that will provide me with the sum of ALL Weeks Service of ALL Department Name IF the Current Department Name is equal to "Reserves". Example: Department Name Weeks Service Millwright ...

MM 2007..Bank Acct Trans. won't post in Budgets
I switched from Basic Budgets to Advanced Budgets in 2007 and my income from my bank account transaction file won't post in budgets. It says I have no income this month, but the transaction is correctly catagorized and in my account register. Thanks for your help! On Feb 12, 2:38 pm, smith_cy...@yahoo.com wrote: > I switched from Basic Budgets to Advanced Budgets in 2007 and my > income from my bank account transaction file won't post in budgets. > It says I have no income this month, but the transaction is correctly > catagorized and in my account register. Thanks for ...

Laser vs Dot Matrix for invoicing
Hi, Does anyone have any "cost comparison" experiences or opinions on lasers vs dot matrix printers for doing 3 part form invoicing, with about 1000 invoices per week? Regards, B. ...

invoice designer #2
I am new to MS Money. I read somewhere that you could download additional templates for MS Money Business/Deluxe 2003 off the Internet. Does anyone know where I might find these? Also, any tips for TRULY customizing an invoice (as in, I have a pre-printed invoice I would like to use, but can't get Money to work within MY perimeters - imagine that). Any suggestions? There are some sample invoices here: http://www.microsoft.com/money/business/invoice/ but I'm not sure if that's what you're after. I couldn't see an easy way of downloading them -- Glyn Simpson, Mic...

M2005 Small Business
Can anyone else get this to work? I go through the steps of creating an invoice template and save it. But every time I return, my template is not in the list. See http://money.mvps.org/faq/#Business (2nd item) for some instructions on making it work. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishes or suggestions, use http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp or http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/feedback especially if it's a...

RM Cash Receipts
Client is using GP 9.0. They use a "dummy" customer to post a certain category of invoices to, resulting in a huge number of open items for that one customer. Is there a way to reduce or restrict the range of the open items on the Apply screen, or are we stuck with scrolling down through them all, going by Apply To Document? Thanks,Eric ...

Description on invoice expandable?
Hi there, i want to expand the size of the description box that prints out on my invoices, but i want it to print it out on say 2 lines. right now with my box not being wide enough i will get like say 7 of the 15 words in my description and then it gets cut off. i have expanded the height of my box but it only prints like one word and stops, even though it has room for the rest of the words i typed in. any suggestions would be appreciated. Hi Craig With the descriptions beign so long, I think the best way would be to use VB to pull info in. The problem is that I am not good with VB so...

Adding new columns in the PO contents grid?
Can anybody tell me how I can add new columns in the PO contents grid? I need to do this so I can sort the line items on the PO print out. Or is there a way to do this in the PO.XML template? ...

Why Credit Card transaction doesn't capture names.
Does anyone know why credit card transaction doesn't capture names? On the receipt of the credit card transaction, it doesn't have the name of the card holder. The Dynamics team must not think we need it (despite our requests). "TJW" <TJW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A6782087-EF20-44EE-BA63-19BB8E25D7A4@microsoft.com... > Does anyone know why credit card transaction doesn't capture names? On > the > receipt of the credit card transaction, it doesn't have the name of the > card > holder. I'm going to be a littl...

Separate Check by Invoice
We're trying to print a separate check for each invoice for vendors. In Select Checks window 'By Invoice' is selected before building the batch. The screen returns to the default options even though the Batch is still selected. Then when the user selects edit check batch the system seems to revert to the original default settings so that when the check is printed only 1 check is printed for the vendor. We tested the scenario with 1 vendor and before selecting Edit Check Batch you again have to select 'By Invoice' otherwise after editing it reverst to the defaul...

Mail merging on a 4 up Post card using duplex printing...possible?
I have Publisher 2003...on Windows Server 2003 OS...and a duplex capable color laser by Kyocera/Mita. No matter what combination of factors I seem to try (preinter settings vs. or in combination with Publisher settings), I am not capable of doing a 4 up duplex mail merge of a postcard on an 8.5 x 11 piece of paper...i.e., I wanted to print all 4 of the same side of the postcard, and have their corresponding mailing address appear on the correct quarter of the page on the reverse side of the full page. Is there some easy factor I am overlooking? Is it even possible to print this way? Hopefu...

Http-failure , the posting data is to large

PO Subtotal and PO Remaining Subtotal is different
Hi: I have a problem in Purchase Order. I saw today that there is a difference between PO Subtotal and PO Remaining Subtotal. This is a new PO and there is no receiving or cancelation is done. What is the reason. Thanks ...

journaling performance
We have a 2003 Exchange server with quad processor and 8gb ram. We currently have about 1700 mailboxes on this server. A vendor is asking us to turn on journaling so we can archive all email. Can someone give me an idea of the performance impact this will have and is there any caveats to turning this on? Any info will greatly be appreciated. On Tue, 7 Nov 2006 11:48:32 -0600, "Brandon" <whocares@you.com> wrote: >We have a 2003 Exchange server with quad processor and 8gb ram. We currently >have about 1700 mailboxes on this server. A vendor is asking us to turn on...

Transactions to review but can't see them
I updated MS Money yesterday not knowing about the scheduled site update taking place. The problem is I downloaded a statement that says I have 30 items to review, but when I go to my register I don't see them. I've scrolled from top to bottom but they're not anywhere. See http://money.mvps.org/faq/article/104.aspx BUT TAKE A COPY OF THE .mny FILE FIRST. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifically asked for. "Jonathan&...

Security for the PO in the PO Preview Window
Hello: I know that, in the Security window, there is the "Document Access" Type that prevents a user from having access to POs and sales orders and so forth. But, apparently, this has no effect on the Purchase Orders Preview window. You see, there is a user who goes into SOP and utilizes the SOP to POP link to create POs. In the Purchase Orders Preview window, she has a message at the bottom of the window saying "You do not have access to this document type". And, because of this, she cannot generate a PO. She has access to the items listed in the "Document T...

Mislabeled Transactions
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000C_01C4856F.A4EBAFF0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable We are using Microsoft Money 2004. For some reason, when we = download our transactions from our bank, Microsoft Money mislabels our = ATM withdrawals, referring to them consistently as a payment to another = party. Somehow, the program has decided that this is the automatic = match for ATM withdrawals. We are of course able to fix each mislabeled = transaction manually; this is, however, very...

PO Approvals and Receivings
We have been using Purchase Order Enhancements without any problem but after deleting some users we have problems with PO Approvals. Whenever any item is received against a PO the PO goes to an unapproved status. We get an error msg 'The PO has exceeded your Approval Authority Amount and will be saved as unapproved'. Thanks shaista ...

Timeline for Journal entries?
Can one display the journal entry also in a timeline format (similar to the Calendar's timeline format)? Ideally I would even love to the see the two combined. Is that possible? This is in Outlook 2002/XP. Michael in the journal folder? Yes, there should be a timeline view for the journal folder. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Outlook Tip...