PO Integration-date format

Hi Folks
I'm using ver 10 sp 4 and I need to integrate PO's in a terminal server
environment.   I've used a 'test' user with the date set to the American
format of yyyy/mm/dd the PO will come in just fine.    Problem is that we are
in South Africa and our date format is dd/mm/yyyy.   The PO won't come in
against that format.
I am using the Excel driver.

Does anyone have an idea how I can bring PO's in without the date format
being American?

Many thanks
Sheila

0
Sheila3743 (257)

Sheila,

Please take a look at my article "Supported Date Formats in Integration
Manager" at
http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com/2008/05/supported-date-formats-in-integration.html.

Best regards,
--
MG.-
Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP

"Sheila" wrote:

> Hi Folks
> I'm using ver 10 sp 4 and I need to integrate PO's in a terminal server
> environment.   I've used a 'test' user with the date set to the American
> format of yyyy/mm/dd the PO will come in just fine.    Problem is that we are
> in South Africa and our date format is dd/mm/yyyy.   The PO won't come in
> against that format.
> I am using the Excel driver.
>
> Does anyone have an idea how I can bring PO's in without the date format
> being American?
>
> Many thanks
> Sheila

0
MarianoGomez (3440)
11/3/2009 2:06:01 AM
Hi Mariano

We have tried your scripts and many more things besides and still it will
not get past the date.   The important factor here seems to be that our
regional settings are DD/MM/YYYY and so long as the settings are like that we
cannot get past the error no matter what scripting we do on the date field.
Only if we edit our TS regional settings to be the American format wil the
integration work.

As we are in South Africa it just does not make sense to change everyone's
setting to have the American look and feel.   This kind of problem does seem
to be unique to the POP integrations which use the eConnect adaptor as we do
not have any problems in bringing in SOP or GP transactions.

Again, your assistance is very much appreciated.
Regards
Sheila

"Mariano Gomez" wrote:

> Sheila,
>
> Please take a look at my article "Supported Date Formats in Integration
> Manager" at
> http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com/2008/05/supported-date-formats-in-integration.html.
>
> Best regards,
> --
> MG.-
> Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> Maximum Global Business, LLC
> http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
>

> "Sheila" wrote:
>
> > Hi Folks
> > I'm using ver 10 sp 4 and I need to integrate PO's in a terminal server
> > environment.   I've used a 'test' user with the date set to the American
> > format of yyyy/mm/dd the PO will come in just fine.    Problem is that we are
> > in South Africa and our date format is dd/mm/yyyy.   The PO won't come in
> > against that format.
> > I am using the Excel driver.
> >
> > Does anyone have an idea how I can bring PO's in without the date format
> > being American?
> >
> > Many thanks
> > Sheila

0
Sheila3743 (257)

Cannot generate PO Number
Hi All, I am facing a problem with automatic generate PO Number, the application is working on this senario: SELECT ISNULL(MAX(CAST(RIGHT(PONumber, 7) AS INT)), 0) + 1 AS NextPONumber FROM PurchaseOrder WHERE ISNUMERIC(PONumber) <> 0 my max is '9999999', so it is generate a new one with PONumber = '10000000' then every time it is cannot generate a next one cause of '0000000' can anyone help me on this ? ...

Ex07 in '03 Format
I need code to either change the formatting or to set a value in a cell if data in that row has been changed. It may work best to set a value in a column that is locked when the worksheet is protected and then is reset/removed after the updates have been identified. Here are the details if it helps: I distribute a workbook that is maintained by outside sources. The workbook contains two tabs/sheets, Location and Technician. The Location worksheet contains mostly information which is maintained by me and is protected/locked when the workbook is distributed. This worksheet also contains ...

PO problem
We migrated from APOP to GP POP when we upgraded to 7.5. I have about 2500 PO's that are showing closed in the system but will not transfer to history. It acts like they are moving and they don't show up in the list on the next time to remove PO's but they still show up on open PO's. I have ran ck links and found no problems. I ran reconcile and got the following message "**ERROR: Qty committed in base is greater than the qty remaining to receive." and then at the end of the report it says "Purchase Order Processing data has been damaged; please rebuild th...

How to change the email format in Outlook 2000?
How to change the e-mail format in Outlook 2000 when using word as the e-mail editor? say from plain-text to html or else. Thank you in advanced. Do this Outlook Tools>Options>Mail Format tab Should see a drop down box with Send in this message format: next to it. Click on the down arrow and select HTML Click Apply and Ok and that's the format changed If you haven't already set it to use Word then you can do it like this. Just under the box for selecting the mail format there is a check box that says "Use Microsoft Word to edit e-mail messages" just check that bo...

Not So Long Date Format
Hi, I have a customer that wants to see dates printed on her reports as: October 8, 2007. When I look at the pre-defined date formats, I see Medium Date which is 08-OCT-07 and I see LongDate which will give me: Monday, October 8, 2007. How do I get the format for which my customer is asking. The report has a lot of dates in many different places, so I am hoping that I don't have to Right(x) the string every single time. Hopefully there is a better way. Any help appreciated J Joe <delphi561@cox.net> wrote in news:1191894599.877330.210770@d55g2000hsg.g...

Frustrated with cell formatting
Hmmm... have been tearing hair out.... I want the following cell formatting to occur but I just can't figure it out. If the value is zero - I don't want to see anything. However I don't want to turn zero's off at the sheet level because there are other places that I do want zero to appear... If the value is 1 then I want to see 1 - no decimal places... if the value is less than one I want to see 0.3 (for example) - one decimal place with leading 0. if the value is greater than 1 I want to see 1.3 or 2.0 (for example) - one decimal place with leading 0 NB - the numbers wil...

Need help converting "InstalledOn" date for all Win32_QuickFixEngineering entries
Hello, all. I'm new to Powershell scripting, but have used VBScript for years. I've found that there is no way in VBScript to do the following and am hoping someone can help with a PowerShell script for the following: I need to be able to document all of the HotFixIDs, their description, and the date that the HotFixes were installed. I want this list to be a CSV list available in the root directory of the computers that need this information. All of the computers that I'm going to use this on are 64-bit computers and are running Windows Server 2008 and Vista. I found ...

SOP Integration Manager Error
Hi all, I´m working to import SOP with Integration Manager. I used the SOP integration example. I set all but I can't fix an error: DOC # ERROR: 'Override Shortage' is not a valid choice for field 'Items.Quantity' in this instance. I think that I set all but at 2 days of breaking my head I don't know how can I fix the error. Anyone could help me .. Regards all! is the item marked inactive? -- www.DynExtra.com A resource for the Microsoft Dynamics Community Featuring FAQs, File Exchange and more Current member count: 40 ------------------------------...

Days and dates in Excel
I'm tired of entering slashes to tell Excel that the numbers I'm entering are dates and colons to tell Excel that it's dealing with times. I asked a similar question here several weeks back and one of the responses gave me a link which took me to a site where a software guru had posted a formula to do this. Unfortunately, no one told me where to put this in Excel when I cut and paste it from the website. Then I got to thinking that Excel has under soecial formats formats to allow fast entry of SSN's and ZIP codes. When you enter nine numbers in a cell formated for ...

Adding new columns in the PO contents grid?
Can anybody tell me how I can add new columns in the PO contents grid? I need to do this so I can sort the line items on the PO print out. Or is there a way to do this in the PO.XML template? ...

PO Subtotal and PO Remaining Subtotal is different
Hi: I have a problem in Purchase Order. I saw today that there is a difference between PO Subtotal and PO Remaining Subtotal. This is a new PO and there is no receiving or cancelation is done. What is the reason. Thanks ...

Quickbooks Integration Problems..
First off, some background. My company has gone through many software changes over the 10+ years we've been in business. We started off with MS Access and Peachtree, then went to Quicksell2000/Peachtree, then Quicksell2000/Quickbooks, and finally RMS/Quickbooks. All the while, we've stuck to manually entering daily sales information into the accounting software for simplicity sake. Therefore, each software has a huge customer/vendor list with years of transaction history. Now, A year ago, I tried to integrate, and was unsuccesful. RMS pulled the lists of customers/vendor...

PO Approvals and Receivings
We have been using Purchase Order Enhancements without any problem but after deleting some users we have problems with PO Approvals. Whenever any item is received against a PO the PO goes to an unapproved status. We get an error msg 'The PO has exceeded your Approval Authority Amount and will be saved as unapproved'. Thanks shaista ...

the dates on cell format make different dates.
Please, I'm just getting farther from the answer and I have to be up for church soon. First question. I'm obtuse but when I type in a date, eg jan 1 05 and then format/cell/date I select a date format and it morphs in to a completely different date. 2nd question: to change case, use UPPER or LOWER function. But, how does that work to use the cell itself or a group of cells. If anyone can help, I'll owe you forever. carrie, washington state carrieaa@hotmail.com 1) What does the date morph into? 2) Take a look at David McRitchie's macros: http://www.mvps.org...

how do I caculate the area of a chart (integration)?
Excel does not natively offer calculus functionality. Some functions can be integrated in closed form. http://integrals.wolfram.com/ or http://maxima.sourceforge.net/ may help identify some of these if your calculus is rusty. Where closed form integrals do not exist, there are many methods for numeric integration. http://www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme/ExcelTips/AreaUnderCurve.htm implements a couple of simple methods in Excel. Chapter 4 of Numerical Recipes in ... goes into more detail in C, C++, Fortran, or Pascal (out of print). There may even have been one in Basic at one ti...

Security for the PO in the PO Preview Window
Hello: I know that, in the Security window, there is the "Document Access" Type that prevents a user from having access to POs and sales orders and so forth. But, apparently, this has no effect on the Purchase Orders Preview window. You see, there is a user who goes into SOP and utilizes the SOP to POP link to create POs. In the Purchase Orders Preview window, she has a message at the bottom of the window saying "You do not have access to this document type". And, because of this, she cannot generate a PO. She has access to the items listed in the "Document T...

Add Actual End Date to Resolved Cases view
Hi We would like to add the actual end date to the Case General Tab or possibly to the Resolved Cases and/or My Resolved Cases view. I know that the Actual End Date is available on the Service Activity and Case Resolution but this field is not available for the Case. Any workaround for this? Thanks Mark ...

Money 2005 does not update last downloaded date.
Every I download my bank data, the last downloaded date doesn't update. As far as MS Money is concerned the last time I loaded my bank information was over a year ago. What causes this issue and what can be done to fix it? It's minor, but still rather annoying. Dennis. I'm having a similar problem. The "last downloaded" date for Citi credit card account is way in the future (12/27/2005) and Money isn't downloading any new transactions from the bank. Maybe this is why. How can I reset this date? "Dennis Willis" wrote: > Every I download my ba...

Date-Time Calculations
I need to create a little spreadsheet to calculate dates for drug tests. The two inputs are (1) the date & time when the test was taken and (2) the time period that the test covers. The output is the date when the test coverage starts. That's simple except that the units vary. Some tests are good for hours and others for days. One test can detect alcohol usage for 80 hours. Another can detect drug use for 90 days. If the test duration units are hours, something like this will work: A B C D E 1 7/08/08 9:15 am Timesta...

SIS661FX integrated graphics and 1920 * 1080
Hello! Is anyone able to use HD resolution 1920 * 1080 with SIS661FX motherboard and widescreen LCD monitor (I'm using analog cable and the monitor is LG W2243T)? Thanks, Roman You can only use a resolution supported by your graphics chip, if its not currently supported try updateing the drivers from your motherboard site "roman modic" <modicr@astralit.com> wrote in message news:%23l$rzL6gKHA.5520@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Hello! > > Is anyone able to use HD resolution 1920 * 1080 > with SIS661FX motherboard and widescreen LCD monitor...

security to an integration?
Hello: One of the client's users receives a security error of some sort when he tries to run a Payroll Transaction integration in Integration Manager. He is able to open Integration Manager and take a look at the integration's properties. But, he gets the error when he tries to run the integration. There is a possibility that he does not have security access to the Payroll Transaction window itself. Could that be the cause of the error? Other than the security that is required in GP 9.0 to the "Customization Tools" for accessing Integration Manager, are there any...

Calculating a Date
I have two fields in a query: "Date Completed" (mm/dd/yyyy) and "Time Used (hours)" (nn.n). I am trying to calculate a third "Date Started". Assuming an eight-hour day, I am trying to use the expression [Date Completed] - [Time Used (hours)]/8 but I can't figure out which Date/Time functions to use to convert my dates and hours to the same units to do the calculation and then back to a date again. I am using Access 2007 and am not all that competent with it. Thank you in advance for your help! You can try the following. DateValue(DateAd...

Difference between dates and times
i have to dates and times in format dd/mm/yyyy hh:mm:ss.000 i would like the difference between them in seconds......is thi possible?? thanks in advance Rober -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Robert, To learn all about calculating with dates and times, visit http://www.cpearson.com/excel/datetime.htm#AddingTimes -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "robert_woodie >" <<robert_woodie.zpi8e@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:robert_woodie.zpi8e@excelforum-nospam.com... > i have to dates and times in format dd/mm/yyyy h...

PO Invoice Posting Journal
There are clients who save their posting journals who wish to in addition to the IV Variance report have the transactions Marked that there were Purchase Price/Cost Variances on the Purchase Order Invoice Posting Journal (when the items received previously cost is different from the Invoiced Cost). The desired issue is to have the report have a check mark indicating in a column that there was a variance when the transaction was posted. Report Writer does not allow this due to the table linking and the customer does not want to pursue Crystal Reports options. ---------------- This post ...

Date is not a valid expression
I've recently started getting two error messages regarding the use of "Date" in MS Access. One is "Unknown Function 'Date' in Validation Expression...". The other is "The Microsoft Jet Database Engine does not recognize 'Date' as a valid field name or expression'. It's only happeneing in one of the two databases I have. What's happened? How can I correct this? First thing to check would be whether there is a problem with library references on the machines that exhibit the problem. Open any code window, and choose References o...